Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't vote for the $10 off $30 Bestbuy coupon because of moral reasons. I'm definitely tempted by it but printing your own coupons (when the store actually had these in stock) seems wrong.

Gamerush are too far from me so I've been unable to take advantage of their deals.

TRU's $10 sale is the best although I wasn't able to grab much.

Put my vote down for KB. Like I said before, Tactics Ogre Knights of Lodis, Breath of Fire, Duke Nukem Advance, both zelda oracle games, dragon warrior 3, several gamecube games ranging from $1-$5, and several other games combined with the orange tag sale for a grand total of around $75 cannot be beat.

The trade 3 and get a pre-owned for $5 was the best deal, even better when I could combine it with the pre-order deal (one GR was a little special).

despite using more of the 10 dollar off coupons at best buy over anything else, resident evil 4 for 10 bucks is enough by itself for me to vote towards the TRU sale.

I missed the KB sale, so I'll have to go with the TRU $10 sale, they had some good stuff on that, although... I think I got most of it after the new year.

If they actually had what I wanted in stock, I would say the TRU clearance. It seems the hoarders took advantage of this one, so I'm going with the Media Play Going Out of Business Sale since I actually got something.

I'm going to have to go with K.B. Toys for B&M retailer this year. Yes, their stock was extremely YMMV, but they had much better prices than the other nominees. :D

TRU 10 dollar sale was the best ... got a lot of great games, that are worth buying and just didnt get the left over crap like "Nada 3" or "lets wait in line 2 " just stuff that nobody wants

Circuit City $10 Summer Sale

Picked up quite a few titles here but still angry over a guy that bought all 7 copies of GTA: Double Pack and they let him...

TRU. I went to 3 stores 3 diferent times. Had something different each time I went! The KB sale was no go. Everything listed in the forum was gone. Some didn't have any video game releases from the past year!

TRU easily (got DDS, Metal Slug 4 and 5, Splinter Cell DS... and most others I wanted)... although the Kmart going out of business sales netted me alot of PSP and Ds games, and Rhino's trade 2 games in on a 49.99 new game netted me alot of great games

Gotta go with Best Buy $10 off for getting me AC:WW cheap.

Even though the staff... well, lets just say it wasn't the most pleasant experience of my life.

I have to go with the TRU clearance sale. I managed to get lots of A-list titles for $10 a piece! That sale had the best selection of quality titles and many people were able to get at least something if they acted right away. I actually still found a few random deals weeks later!

I did get a few decent deals from the KB and Circuit City sales, but mainly games I would only buy for that low price.

I vote TRU. The Canadian TRU's had an equally great sale this past October with almost all DS & PSP games (along with some PS2, XBOX, GC) selling for $15. Picking up Advance Wars DS during that sale was easily my gaming bargain of the year.

The Toys R Us $10 sale caught me off guard but it was VERY helpful for Christmas gifts.

Personally, I thought the best deal by far was the deal where cheapasses could use the $5 off coupon at BB to get those $10 games, then trade those games into EBGames and get the "Trade in 2, get an extra $10" deal or the "Trade 5 get ____ game."

But from the listed ones, definitely the $10 off coupon.

Well I think far and away, for me, was EB taking 64s and PSXs with 6 games or 5 games respectively and giving you $50 for them. Voted for Gamerush 2/29.99 of those listed. Got a good 6-7 preorders out of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back