Brittany Murphy Dead at 32

What an insane year of death!,Only a few more days left til 2010,if I were a celebrity,I be hiding under a bed until the new year.

[quote name='TheRock88']Wow, that was out of nowhere. Will always remember her as Luanne on King of the Hill.[/QUOTE]

Damn I forgot she did Luanne's voice! I just always thought of her as the cute girl from Clueless.

I just saw this on CNN.com. I also read that the husband didn't want an autopsy. The only reason I could think for that is maybe it was drug related.

Unsurprising, but sad nonetheless. Quite young, but she always looked unhealthy. I second the thought that cocaine played a role.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I just saw this on CNN.com. I also read that the husband didn't want an autopsy. The only reason I could think for that is maybe it was drug related.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he didn't want people to cut up his dead wife.

It absolutely had to be drug related. US Weekly just published a similar picture of Murphy last week with a caption that read "'I love food. I don't know, God gave me hollow legs or something!' a shrinking Brittany Murphy (in Beverly Hills Dec. 1) has said."

I remember it because I pointed out to my wife how nasty Murphy looked. You can just see that she wasn't healthy. And I'm sorry. A 32 year old having a heart attack is not a "natural cause of death". An autopsy will be performed. It's nice that her husband doesn't want one done, but the LAPD might feel otherwise.

EDIT - here's the full picture from the magazine.

brittanymurphyusweekly.jpg

[quote name='Regian']The husband doesn't want an autopsy done.

Boy, that's not suspicious.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Does he not realize he could even be a suspect? Not much choice in the matter.

I dont no about that state but I think in Illinois it is law that anyone under 50 has to have an autopsy done on them. Well unless it was something that you can tell by looking at them. That would be maybe from a car wreck or gunshot something of that nature. That picture to me looks photoshopped. I think I used a toothpick that was larger then her. I would say if it wasn't drugs it was she was just to small and her hart got weak.

...she was married in a Jewish ceremony. The Jewish faith doesn't allow autopsies as it's viewed as a desecration of the body.

Some of you should read more.

[quote name='JJSP']...she was married in a Jewish ceremony. The Jewish faith doesn't allow autopsies as it's viewed as a desecration of the body.

Some of you should read more.[/QUOTE]

Her husband is also a fucking nutcase though, so it does seem a little suspicious anyway.

Not to sound like an asshole or anything, but I don't see why anyone cares if she died. People die all the time. Are you going to feel sad for the random middle age woman that died just now in Canada or for the teenage kid in Germany that died seconds ago?

[quote name='Vincent_Core']Not to sound like an asshole or anything, but I don't see why anyone cares if she died. People die all the time. Are you going to feel sad for the random middle age woman that died just now in Canada or for the teenage kid in Germany that died seconds ago?[/QUOTE]

You're correct that at the end of the day none of us should shed a tear over this. Still, people can be sad they lost a performer they enjoyed. Personally, I only enjoyed her as Luanne on KOTH, and seeing as that series is over I'm not losing much. So are the reasons selfish? Yeah, kind of. Oh well right? Actors exist to give enjoyment to others. So to answer your question, people will care if they had any emotional investment (in this case they may have liked her acting, thought she was attractive, etc.) In your examples, you list people that no one has emotional investments to. That's the key difference.

I do see the angle you're coming from though - our society worships celebrities too much. Regardless, it's still appropriate to have a reaction to her death or even a modicum of sadness.

I'll be asshole #2 then, and say that I always found her really annoying. Just Married was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It seems like as soon as a famous person dies, you have to say how much they will be missed (...Michael Jackson), even if you never gave a shit about them.

[quote name='danny_schell']I'll be asshole #2 then, and say that I always found her really annoying. Just Married was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It seems like as soon as a famous person dies, you have to say how much they will be missed (...Michael Jackson), even if you never gave a shit about them.[/QUOTE]

I never said that about Michael Jackson. But I did like Brittany Murphy in Clueless, Girl Interrupted, and 8 Mile (thought she was hot in it). But yea, her recent pictures look pretty disgusting.

[quote name='danny_schell']I'll be asshole #2 then, and say that I always found her really annoying. Just Married was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It seems like as soon as a famous person dies, you have to say how much they will be missed (...Michael Jackson), even if you never gave a shit about them.[/QUOTE]
Exactly a lot of people saw MJ as a freak and a child molester and near the end of his life a lot people didn't care about him But, when he died then everyone started to care about him. Isn't it a little sad when someone cares more about you in your death then when you are alive? And with Brittany Murphy how many of you actually cared about her when she was alive?

"'Don't come anywhere near me or I'll cut your little pecker off'."

Best line of the movie. Seems like one of the only ones delivered in a way that certainly made Frank Miller proud.

I love the obvious lack of maturity in this thread. I consider myself cynical, jaded, and bitter at times but some of you are completely over the top... a human being dies and you are competing to be the first to post "Drugs" or say, "Who gives a fuck" the best? Go you

[quote name='Vincent_Core']Not to sound like an asshole or anything, but I don't see why anyone cares if she died. People die all the time. Are you going to feel sad for the random middle age woman that died just now in Canada or for the teenage kid in Germany that died seconds ago?[/QUOTE]

hey i feel the same way. It's like when someone dies EVERYONE is sad/upset. But most didn't even know them personally. And then I just end up feeling awkward because i feel nothing while others seem to take it to heart.

this may sound douchebag like but i feel that society has created a set of guidelines for when someone expires. Yes, it is untimely and unfortunate but I would not go as far as saying that I am depressed about someone's death that has nothing to do with me.

[quote name='Vincent_Core']Exactly a lot of people saw MJ as a freak and a child molester and near the end of his life a lot people didn't care about him But, when he died then everyone started to care about him. Isn't it a little sad when someone cares more about you in your death then when you are alive? And with Brittany Murphy how many of you actually cared about her when she was alive?[/QUOTE]

Guess what. This happens with non-celebrities as well. Apparently, you've never been to a funeral. When someone dies, it's human nature to focus on the good things they did in their life. It's not always an accurate portrayal of the "legacy" they've left behind, but it's generally filed under "respecting the deceased". If you don't wish to do that, that's your business. But to not recognize it as a common practice is just ignorant.

Thanks for your great entertainment Brittany!!!!

I guess any hope of a resurrected KOTH series or movie is kinda hampered now.

That argument is played out everytime it is used.

Of course it isn't as easy for someone to feel bad for "random old woman." People follow entertainers and sports people (Chris Henry also died this week). While that isn't the same as knowing someone personally, there is a familiarity of that person which means that people who saw their movie or watched them play football will care to at least some degree.

For what it is worth, I'm not sad about Brittany Murphy I'm more curious than anything. The last time I really remember being sad at a celebrity death was when Sean Taylor was murdered for the Washington Redskins because I follow that team hardcore and he was turning his life around. The way a person dies and lives does play a factor. If some celeb ODs I really can't get sad about that. Disappoinment maybe the best way to describe how I would feel. In the case of someone getting murdered, I'll feel sad almost everytime. In the case of Michael Jackson, I was sad that he would never sing again, but I coudln't really be sad for his social dysfunction or him as a person.

While I never followed Brittany Murphy as much as some have, it wasn't the Brittney I would have thought we would be reading headlines about.

[quote name='JJSP']...she was married in a Jewish ceremony. The Jewish faith doesn't allow autopsies as it's viewed as a desecration of the body.

Some of you should read more.[/QUOTE]

I just read that the police are investigating and an autopsy is in fact planned.

bread's done
Back