Bulletstorm (PS3, 360, or PC) $7.99 each w/ free shipping @ BestBuy.com

[quote name='Fabrizo']The demo killed any interest I had in BulletStorm. Even at $8 I'm mulling over it after playing that.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^the demo is totally NOT indicative of the full game. its awesome.[/QUOTE]

So they made a demo to turn people off? If so, they succeeded.

Dang, for that price I'll give it a shot, if only for the language in the gameplay trailer I watched. ;)

Thanks op!

At first they refused price match their online price because its epic edition. :roll: The associate spoke with her manager and he override for me. :D

So I went to pick up my copy. Case was dented but I didn't really care. The plastic felt kind of weird too but I didn't think much of it because the case still had the seal on it. Got home. Opened it and saw the disc had a lot of smudges and scratches on it and there was a VIP code for Bad Company 2 instead of the Bulletstorm Online Pass. WTF!

[quote name='Twin65050']So I went to pick up my copy. Case was dented but I didn't really care. The plastic felt kind of weird too but I didn't think much of it because the case still had the seal on it. Got home. Opened it and saw the disc had a lot of smudges and scratches on it and there was a VIP code for Bad Company 2 instead of the Bulletstorm Online Pass. WTF![/QUOTE]

Call the store and explain what happened, get there name and get a replacement ASAP.

[quote name='twin65050']so i went to pick up my copy. Case was dented but i didn't really care. The plastic felt kind of weird too but i didn't think much of it because the case still had the seal on it. Got home. Opened it and saw the disc had a lot of smudges and scratches on it and there was a vip code for bad company 2 instead of the bulletstorm online pass. Wtf![/quote]

:eek:

[quote name='Rodster']Call the store and explain what happened, get there name and get a replacement ASAP.[/QUOTE]
Just went back to the store, showed them, and they exchanged it with no problem.

[quote name='Fabrizo']The demo killed any interest I had in BulletStorm. Even at $8 I'm mulling over it after playing that.[/QUOTE]
Thats how I felt as well. Still haven't purchased it.

[quote name='Jay']I'll bitch and complain as long as you dirtbag flippers brag about how many copies you've purchased now STFU flipper and take those three copies and stick them you know where.[/QUOTE]

Just for the record, I have never flipped a game in my life. My day rate is 1700 a day. I am not wasting an hour listing a game, responding to emails, packing and driving it to the post office for a couple dollars at best. I have 2 nephews, 3 nieces and 4 cousins....all of which are gamers. So you can take you ridiculous accusations and shove em you know where.

If your not on meds you should start taking some. Lithium or Valium would be a great place to start.

[quote name='lordopus99']Thats how I felt as well. Still haven't purchased it.[/QUOTE]

The demo did suck, but the game is pretty awesome.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']My day rate is 1700 a day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah right, or you must be one high class ho. Or is that in pesos?

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Just for the record, I have never flipped a game in my life. My day rate is 1700 a day. I am not wasting an hour listing a game, responding to emails, packing and driving it to the post office for a couple dollars at best. I have 2 nephews, 3 nieces and 4 cousins....all of which are gamers. So you can take you ridiculous accusations and shove em you know where.

If your not on meds you should start taking some. Lithium or Valium would be a great place to start.[/QUOTE]

Your "day rate" so your a male prostitute now. If your "rate" was so high and you make so much money you wouldn't be on a website called cheapassgamers looking for deals.

[quote name='Jay']If your "rate" was so high and you make so much money you wouldn't be on a website called cheapassgamers looking for deals.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Jay']Your "day rate" so your a male prostitute now. If your "rate" was so high and you make so much money you wouldn't be on a website called cheapassgamers looking for deals.[/QUOTE]

You can make a lot of money and still be cheap. It's not like this site is called brokeassgamer. Just saying.

I got my 8 dollar Bulletstorm and I think it's a great game. It's pure fun...I haven't stopped playing it since I got it.

[quote name='Thomas96']I got my 8 dollar Bulletstorm and I think it's a great game. It's pure fun...I haven't stopped playing it since I got it.[/QUOTE]
I picked up my copy yesterday and started playing tonight. What a mindless blast!!! Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

Trying to buy this on my phone, and my cc security code has a zero at the beginning, which the website keeps deleting from the text box so it just ends up being two digits. Is there a trick to this I'm missing? Or will I have to wait until I can get to a computer?

Anyone who's on the fence about this game I can tell you it's one of the most under-rated games I've played. I played the demo before buying it and believe me, the demo is NOT a good representation of this game. I bought it a couple months ago for $20 on a whim and it turned out to be WAY better than I had expected. It was an absolute deal at $20 and for $8 it's a steal.

mannn...just picked up mine instore.. and they had both the games i ordered on the 24th (and finally shipped today) on the shelf just sitting there. would've just done instore pick up had they shown in stock. i hate u best buy stock checker.

[quote name='technicalstylez']mannn...just picked up mine instore.. and they had both the games i ordered on the 24th (and finally shipped today) on the shelf just sitting there. would've just done instore pick up had they shown in stock. i hate u best buy stock checker.[/QUOTE]

yep, online stock showed Killzone 3 Helghast edition in stock at my buddys store he works at, said he couldn't find one there though. stupid website. it's also showing in stock at all the other stores with 50 miles, but im not gonna bother

If you don't buy this game I'll kill your dick.

Also, for what it's worth, stock checkers aren't accurate on any website for any store.

Damn BB, you crazy!

Crazy enough to get me back in the store after 2 years that is...

hopefully they dont fuck this up. also bought the Halo Reach at $14.99. its on backorder.

Went to best buy recently and it' still $29.99. Told the register lady it's 9 bucks, but said that's only for cyber monday. What gives? :/

[quote name='tweeb']Went to best buy recently and it' still $29.99. Told the register lady it's 9 bucks, but said that's only for cyber monday. What gives? :/[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened when I bought a 360 controller for my PC earlier this week. BB's website has it for $30 and in-store, it's $40. I bought it from the store thinking it'd ring up for the same price as the website, but it didn't so I returned it and ordered it online for an in-store pickup.

[quote name='Survivalism']If you don't buy this game I'll kill your dick.

Also, for what it's worth, stock checkers aren't accurate on any website for any store.[/QUOTE]
This is especially true in Best Buy's case usually, since if the store has 3 or less of an item it usually shows up as out of stock. The only time the stock locator IS accurate usually is when you're using one of their kiosks in store.

I have a question for those who have played Bulletstorm on the 360. Are the load screens supposed to be grainy/staticy? Just the load screen, the dark ones that tell have the Act ____ Chapter ____ or the Echoes Load screens? Caused I noticed they are grainy and staticy and figured it was presentation, but then didn't notice it when i watched a Youtube walk-through. And I'm always a bit panicky and this is a new 360, so i just want to make sure the game is supposed to look like that, and it's not a potential 360 issue. Thanks

[quote name='Deack']Is Brink for 10 dollars a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Some people hate it, some love it. But for $10, I think it was worth the risk to find out for myself. I picked it up tonight while picking up my $8 Bulletstorm orders. BTW...both Bulletstorms (PS3) were the Limited Edition.

So I went in to just pick up Bulletstorm and walked out also buying three other games. Brink for $9.99, Fight Night Champion for $14.50, and Alice: Madness Returns for $19.50. I received Batman: AC from Amazon today too...and still await my PS3 bundle, Uncharted 3, Toy Story 3, Vanquish, and two Killzone 3 Helghast Edtions.

I think I'm done...but Amazon's current deal on Deus Ex: HR for $19.99 on PC might force my hand.

[quote name='scottman']Yeah right, or you must be one high class ho. Or is that in pesos?[/QUOTE]

I am an Architectural photographer and thats not Peso's, its US dollars. In all honesty, my dayrate is a steal compared to most high end architectural photographers. Companies like Hedrich Blessing, you can expect to pay anywhere from 1900-2300 a day depeneding on which photographer you want and that is just the cost of hiring the photographer. Nick Merrikk is one of HB's top dogs and hiring him will cost you 2500 a day. Supplies and expenses are additional. A usual day with supplies and expenses factored in is usually 2700-3000 for in state and up to 4k a day out of state.

[quote name='Twin65050']You can make a lot of money and still be cheap. It's not like this site is called brokeassgamer. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Ah a man with common sense. Since when did making money equate to being foolish with ones money. Of course I never said anything about working every day either. I only work about 90-100 days a year. I have Sept-April off. By the way, I dont consider it being cheap. I consider it being smart. Hell, I even use cashback sites and use coupons when grocery shopping. Again, I dont see it as being cheap. I see it as being smart.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JP73']I have a question for those who have played Bulletstorm on the 360. Are the load screens supposed to be grainy/staticy? Just the load screen, the dark ones that tell have the Act ____ Chapter ____ or the Echoes Load screens? Caused I noticed they are grainy and staticy and figured it was presentation, but then didn't notice it when i watched a Youtube walk-through. And I'm always a bit panicky and this is a new 360, so i just want to make sure the game is supposed to look like that, and it's not a potential 360 issue. Thanks[/QUOTE]

You're fine some of EA's games do have that sadly on both consoles.

[quote name='tweeb']Went to best buy recently and it' still $29.99. Told the register lady it's 9 bucks, but said that's only for cyber monday. What gives? :/[/QUOTE]

I think you have to order it online first then pick it up. That way your receipt shows the $7.99 price.

I took my copy to cs and they pmed the website price.

[quote name='jack612']Wow.. Best Buy actually shipped my backorded copy that had an expected shipping date of "null - null"[/QUOTE]
Mine is backordered too but I fully expect it to ship. If they get that low they'll probably pull copies from stores like they did to fill the Bioshock 2 orders.

I had to do instore pick- up while I was in the store buying brink because the manager said its too much of a mark down to take off at the register.

bread's done
Back