Bulletstorm (PS3, 360, or PC) $7.99 each w/ free shipping @ BestBuy.com

My Bulletstorm just shipped even though it was supposed to be backordered until next week :D Kinda surprised, though since my copy of Alice hasn't shipped. Ordered both on the same day, BS was backordered and Alice wasn't.

EDIT: Just noticed the 360 and PS3 versions of BS don't show up on BB's website anymore. Might want to edit the thread title.

[quote name='slowdive21']Picked up at BB, got the Epic edition on 360 and limited on ps3. I guess those are the "better" versions?[/QUOTE]

They're both "limited editions". Included Gears 3 beta access, and an "online pass" (not really even a pass) that locked Echoes maps, and a whip color.

[quote name='jack612']Wow.. Best Buy actually shipped my backorded copy that had an expected shipping date of "null - null"[/QUOTE]

Same here, I got a shipping notice today!

Mine shipped this morning which was backordered and set to ship in null-null.. Thanks bestbuy!

On the other hand my order for bioshock, reach, and SWTFU2 is sill backordered.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']I picked mine up today and was pleasantly surprised that it was also the limited edition. Did this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Picked up 2 copies the other day that were also limited edition. Ordered another for pickup yesterday which will be the same hopefully.

Are you guys picking up online orders or purchasing at the store? I tried to purchase a copy today, in store, and they told me it wasn't $7.99 and it's no longer available online for a price match.

Picked it up (from an online order) at a BB over an hour away, but worth it because I combined the purchase with what is probably the last copy of the Skyrim Collector's Edition guide available at retail. The game knocked the guide down to $33 as well. Happened to be the Epic Edition, but I figure it's like Rage's Anarchy Edition where it's really a "thanks for buying new!" perk.

[quote name='darkbase']Picked it up (from an online order) at a BB over an hour away, but worth it because I combined the purchase with what is probably the last copy of the Skyrim Collector's Edition guide available at retail. The game knocked the guide down to $33 as well. Happened to be the Epic Edition, but I figure it's like Rage's Anarchy Edition where it's really a "thanks for buying new!" perk.[/QUOTE]

I hope you get good gas mileage otherwise your paying a lot more for those items than you realize. A hour drive at almost 4 bucks a gallon. Ouch.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I hope you get good gas mileage otherwise your paying a lot more for those items than you realize. A hour drive at almost 4 bucks a gallon. Ouch.[/QUOTE]damn I feel good that I filled up for $2.98 in NJ. Sucks that $3/gal is a so called "bargain". :bs::bs:

Mine shipped yesterday... so whats the difference of the Epic edition and the others? Is everyone getting that version straight through pick up or are ya getting it through the mail.

25,000 Experience Points
Visual Upgrades for the Iconic Leash
Deadly Peace Maker Carbine
Additional Boots and Armor
360 gets Beta invitation

[quote name='Ravenous']Mine shipped yesterday... so whats the difference of the Epic edition and the others? Is everyone getting that version straight through pick up or are ya getting it through the mail.[/QUOTE]

The Epic edition comes with a Gears of War 3 beta key. So it's entirely relevant at this point.

BB just cancelled my order and issued a refund. It had been on backorder for me since the day it went on sale. I called to inquire, and they told me its because they are not getting anymore in stock =( Disappointed because I heard it was actually a decent game. They also cancelled Halo LE, Aragons Quest Wii, and Brutal Legend today from the BF sales. Everything that they put on backorder they eventually cancelled so watch out. They didnt give me an option to extend the backorder either, they just are not getting anymore I was told.

[quote name='yuuup']BB just cancelled my order and issued a refund. It had been on backorder for me since the day it went on sale. I called to inquire, and they told me its because they are not getting anymore in stock =( Disappointed because I heard it was actually a decent game. They also cancelled Halo LE, Aragons Quest Wii, and Brutal Legend today from the BF sales. Everything that they put on backorder they eventually cancelled so watch out. They didnt give me an option to extend the backorder either, they just are not getting anymore I was told.[/QUOTE]

thats sad cuz my store has seriously 10 bulletstorms.

It's ironic. I've been buying games from Best Buy all week that I wasn't really interested in. I actually wanted Bulletstorm and missed it! Oh well, all those other purchases will keep me busy.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']That's garbage. There is no way they have no Bulletstorms left anywhere, it isn't a hard to find game.[/QUOTE]

$10 used on GF and amazon warehouse. Hell it might be in the yearly GF sale on Wednesday.

i used this deal as a filler to get my klipsch 2.1 promedia speakers up to $100 so I could get the extra $10 gift card. I didn't have any high expectations going in since Bulletstorm was just a filler item, but I found the game to be very boring.

I traded it back to best buy for $8, and have since been playing resistance 3 ($20 from amazon) and crysis 2 ($10 from best buy). I've enjoyed those two games a lot more because instead of doing trick moves with the lasso you get to pick your enemies apart with the cool sci-fi weapons present and delve into different strategies.

So, that's it i guess. Rating single player fps's this year, I'd go Resistance 3 > Crysis 2 > Bulletstorm. I've since traded in my Resistance 3 to Best Buy for over $20 though.

If you missed out, Bulletstorm is slated to be sent to the clearance racks at Target if the remaining copies your store has don't sell at ~30.

My best buy has several bulletstorms. If I take a copy of my canceled order email there and raise hell you think they'll give me the online price?

[quote name='Melt']My best buy has several bulletstorms. If I take a copy of my canceled order email there and raise hell you think they'll give me the online price?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure anyone has ever tried this. I guess if you get a nice manager, have print outs of emails and your order status from BB.com that shows the price, you've got a shot. You may need to get 1-800 on the line while you're in store so you can pass it off to the manager. But that'll take you like 30-45 mins to figure out and possibly get shot down anyway.

[quote name='DeathDream']Got this game on GF for $10. Worth every penny. Such a funny game. I haven't even touched the MP yet. Not sure if I will though.[/QUOTE]

Some of the funniest insults and one-liners I've ever heard in a game. Generally excellent voice work, too. I haven't tried MP either, but the Echos are a fun diversion from the main campaign..

I played though this and I haven't played many FPS, but I enjoyed it. The leash system is really cool. I would say $15 is the most I would have paid for it (actually paid $7.xx from BB BF sale)

Here is a tip though: The ammo boxes refill whatever guns you have equipped, so If you have one in storage you can swap it out to fill it up. I didn't figure it out until the last level.

Any word on a sequel for this game?

BB didn't honor my order and cancelled before e-mailing me about it. It's a motif (just like thread necrophilia)!

bread's done
Back