Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

[quote name='venomscarnage']Sweet so 15 minutes would be 2:05 AM. Okay CAGers we gotta keep track of every 15 minutes and click to put our codes in.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I won about three minutes before I posted here, so you should probably enter the codes like right now. ;)

[quote name='venomscarnage']Oh and might I ask. What was your plan as far as putting your codes in? Did you do them one after another?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, I entered two in quick succession, then messed with another tab for about two minutes and went back and entered the third code (The Winner)

[quote name='venomscarnage']Sweet so 15 minutes would be 2:05 AM. Okay CAGers we gotta keep track of every 15 minutes and click to put our codes in.[/QUOTE]
Thats not how it works... It isn't exactly every 15 min... There is one winning time randomly determined for each 15 min period...

So, his win was for the 1:45:00 to 1:59:59 time period. Now that we know someone already won during that 15 min period, no need to waste any of your entries until AFTER that period has passed...

The next winner will be at some random time between 2:00:00 and 2:14:59...

And the one after that at some random time between 2:15:00 and 2:29:59...

And so on.

Oh, and congrats on your win deadbodyman11. I think that is 8 CAGs in 4 days. And, like 25 more days to go... Sweet.

Same here. I plan on being up late trying to win one of these damn Kinect bundles. I don't plan on giving up at all. I'll be logging on these next 25 days till I win!

I'm guessing the contest is for 18-years-old and up, yeah? (I'm 17, 18 in January).

I used ol' mother's birthdate and name, which is fine and all, just curious.

Man, I hate being young sometimes.

[quote name='venomscarnage']Let's see I said I was going to win.....well I just did at 5:17AM!!!![/QUOTE]

Damn, congrats!!!..Lemme try it out...Im going to win on saturday!!!!!! :lol:

[quote name='Torqz']Are you winning exactly on the minute or are seconds part of the 15 minute block as well?[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess, fractions of a second are probably part of the random time chosen by the computer, e.g. 07:25:34.12 AM.

[quote name='Torqz']Are you winning exactly on the minute or are seconds part of the 15 minute block as well?[/QUOTE]
It will most likely be determined by a computer generated time-stamp, so it will most definitely include seconds.

Also, the screen cap for my win is time-stamped 2:06:31 by my computer when it saved the image. And, I am fairly certain it didn't take me 31 seconds to hit the screen cap key. Course, it is possible that my computer and the promo computer aren not time-synced, but most internet connected computers and servers are syncing their clocks to one of the online time servers, so there is a very good chance they are at least within a second or two.

So, although it is not definitive proof, it is a good sign that it is not on-the-minute, but could be at any second during that 15 min period.

So when it comes to winning, if someone won within the 15 minutes, are people wasting their time by entering codes during that 15-minute win span?

If someone wins at 1:45, are 1:45-2:00 wasted efforts?

I think I might be misunderstanding how this works.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AlphaPanda']So when it comes to winning, if someone one within the 15 minutes, are people wasting their time by entering codes during that 15-minute win span?[/QUOTE]
Correct.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']If someone wins at 1:45, are 1:45-2:00 wasted efforts?[/QUOTE]
I would have used 1:50 as the example win time... Since 1:45 could have been from the 1:30-1:45 span, too...

Course, that is assuming that the fifteen min period is on the 15 interval. But, I think that is a safe assumption.

Lets use venomscarnage's 5:17AM win as an example...

So, his win was for the time period starting at 5:15:00 and ending at 5:29:59. Since we know someone already won during that 15 min period, no need to waste any of your entries until AFTER that period had passed...

The next winner would be at some random time between 5:30:00 and 5:44:59...

And the one after that at some random time between 5:45:00 and 5:59:59...

And so on.

[quote name='A Gamer']

Lets use venomscarnage's 5:17AM win as an example...

So, his win was for the time period starting at 5:15:00 and ending at 5:29:59. Since we know someone already won during that 15 min period, no need to waste any of your entries until AFTER that period had passed...

The next winner would be at some random time between 5:30:00 and 5:44:59...

And the one after that at some random time between 5:45:00 and 5:59:59...

And so on.[/QUOTE]

Ah, alright, thank you. So the enemy of this is the unknown of whether someone has already won or not.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Ah, alright, thank you. So the enemy of this is the unknown of whether someone has already won or not.[/QUOTE]
Yep.

And I have a hunch I know what you are going to think next... No, I don't think you can use their 'winner ticker-tape' as an indicator... I started to watch it shortly after I won, and my name didn't show up for quite a while. After about 5 min I gave up waiting. I have a hunch that it may be based on the time period (as in it only updates the ticker at the end of each period) which does not help us as far as knowing if or when to play.

[quote name='A Gamer']Yep.

And I have a hunch I know what you are going to think next... No, I don't think you can use their 'winner ticker-tape' as an indicator... I started to watch it shortly after I won, and my name didn't show up for quite a while. After about 5 min I gave up waiting. I have a hunch that it may be based on the time period (as in it only updates the ticker at the end of each period) which does not help us as far as knowing if or when to play.[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't know there was one, I just entered my 5 codes, got 5 big ol' losses, and have to wait until tomorrow.

Very interesting how many CAGs won, though. How long will it take for them to receive theirs?

I've actually looked into the design of the site a bit more.

The ticker is pulled from a web service, and it grabs the last 10-40 or so winners.

There's an interesting authentication system going on here, and it uses these logins to bind you to another (more secure) web service on another server. This service generates the time. It's also possible to bypass CAPTCHA using this second webservice, through a direct URL. Chances are the spammers will figure it out and start using it. No way around this (short of taking down the entire contest and re-designing it)

Sadly I haven't won yet. I'm going to keep playing, chances are I won't win. I never win anything :(

Seems like a lot of CAGs that have won, have won within their first 6 codes. I've entered many codes over the past few days and nothing. I'm going to keep plugging along and hopefully I'll get one soon enough.

[quote name='Reign of Fire']The captcha is rather annoying because I keep misspelling the words. I'm going to use the mobile site from now on.[/QUOTE]

My question is, if you do misspell does it tell you that & let you try again, or does it give you a "sorry you didn't win" & just waste that entry? I'm afraid it's the latter, tho I haven't tested it yet.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I actually didn't know there was one, I just entered my 5 codes, got 5 big ol' losses, and have to wait until tomorrow.

Very interesting how many CAGs won, though. How long will it take for them to receive theirs?[/QUOTE]

It told me that I will receive my prize in 3-4 weeks. So it looks like the week of Thanksgiving or the first full week of December.

[quote name='A Gamer']It will most likely be determined by a computer generated time-stamp, so it will most definitely include seconds. Also, the screen cap for my win is time-stamped 2:06:31 by my computer when it saved the image. And, I am fairly certain it didn't take me 31 seconds to hit the screen cap key. Course, it is possible that my computer and the promo computer aren not time-synced, but most internet connected computers and servers are syncing their clocks to one of the online time servers, so there is a very good chance they are at least within a second or two. So, although it is not definitive proof, it is a good sign that it is not on-the-minute, but could be at any second during that 15 min period.[/QUOTE] This was my curiosity too. It'd be nice if, when people win, they could check their times down to the second and post them. I've been entering on the dot, but I had also assumed they were random seconds as well.

Game Code 1: 9KJ5HX
Game Code 2: 4PX7BL
Game Code 3: 2H98KZ
Game Code 4: 95BKFD
Game Code 5: 62S7XZ
Game Code 6: 9KPRH6

NOT A WEINER, I MEAN NOT A WINNER

Game Code 1: 4LZGN9
Game Code 2: XDKW7B
Game Code 3: G52NMD
Game Code 4: QXDZGN
Game Code 5: MBCF9S