Burnout Paradise - Gen. Discussion & Info

I only have about 15 more smashes to make... everytime I get a new car i do the burning route..I have about 30 cars, 15 with 15 upgrades from the burning routes..

Got 1000/1000 (360 version) in 8 days. 9th to do it I believe. Been ranked as high as number 2 on the leaderboards but EAs servers blow and keep dcing me. :( And everytime it does I lose like 3000 points which sucks. And uhmm, I've clocked 145 hours offline and 230 online so far. o_O So yea I haven't been playing much else since it came out lol. Made some friends with other top players and still playing it a few hours online each day.

[quote name='bs000']Got 1000/1000 (360 version) in 8 days. 9th to do it I believe. Been ranked as high as number 2 on the leaderboards but EAs servers blow and keep dcing me. :( And everytime it does I lose like 3000 points which sucks. And uhmm, I've clocked 145 hours offline and 230 online so far. o_O So yea I haven't been playing much else since it came out lol. Made some friends with other top players and still playing it a few hours online each day.[/quote]

The game has only been out for ~30 days and you already have 375 hours in? Crazy dude, that's like 12 hours of Burnout Paradise per day.

Wow, that is ridiculous. Nice job though!

On a sidenote, I am currently loving this game. I like that you drive around and the find events versus selecting them from a menu screen like in Burnout Revenge.

[quote name='HighlightShow']Wow, that is ridiculous. Nice job though!

On a sidenote, I am currently loving this game. I like that you drive around and the find events versus selecting them from a menu screen like in Burnout Revenge.[/quote]

Exactly, this is what the NFS games should be and the latest change in the newest one puzzled me. I think of this game more of a NFS:Burnout Paradise City lol.

I've gotten all the jumps/billboards/smashes and am working on the online challenges so if someone else is trying to get those add me. I'm a late night gamer EST time though.

Um, was playing last night and two people that I was gaming with had chrome paint for their car. Anyone know how to get this? I'm betting on by finishing the game, if so I've got 60 races to go.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Um, was playing last night and two people that I was gaming with had chrome paint for their car. Anyone know how to get this? I'm betting on by finishing the game, if so I've got 60 races to go.[/QUOTE]

You get chrome after you get the Elite license I believe and gold once you have 100% complete.

I may rent this again (have a free rental for Feb I gotta use soon) and could go for more of the online stuff this weekend if anyone is interested.

[quote name='bs000']And uhmm, I've clocked 145 hours offline and 230 online so far.[/QUOTE]
while i've played a lot, i don't think i have played a full 92 hours like the game says i have. the in-game clock seems to run fast. if you remember/care, check it out and prove that i'm not crazy =D

[quote name='io']I may rent this again (have a free rental for Feb I gotta use soon) and could go for more of the online stuff this weekend if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

I'm game.

I wish I had time to play this game already. Like it is decent, but I am waiting until I can get it for $40.00.

those of you who are big fans, may want to check out their "CrashFM" podcast. They are Very thorough at answering everybody's email. Both good and bad. And boy do they have some haters.
I have never been too involved in the series, but I loved this demo, so I picked it up. Wow. What a ton of fun. The only problem I have, is that I only have like 2 online friends, because I never play online. But this game REally makes me want to start. The online challenges sound like a blast.

since there seems to be a good handful of us that all want to play, maybe we should set up like a burnout night where everyone can come and play together once a week to goof around and do challenges.

What night would be best for everybody?

I'll be on with this game later today if anybody wants to play - send me an invite because I'd like to get some of the multiplayer challenges done.

I did rent it yesterday but haven't popped it in yet. I'm up for some time today (Sat). Mid-day is a bit tough for me because my wife doesn't like me committing to uninterrupted online play when there's 4 kids and a messy house to deal with ;). But late tonight should work.

[quote name='io']I did rent it yesterday but haven't popped it in yet. I'm up for some time today (Sat). Mid-day is a bit tough for me because my wife doesn't like me committing to uninterrupted online play when there's 4 kids and a messy house to deal with ;). But late tonight should work.[/quote]

I'll be hopping on later ... send me an invite if you're interested.

This game turned into a big meh for me. It was the first Burnout game I've played and there wasn't anything in it that seperated it from other racing games I've played. I really didn't like the lack of direction in the races. I ended up having to pull up the map every 5 seconds in races and still made wrong turns because I couldn't zoom in to see the detail of exits/turns/ramps.

[quote name='jkanownik']This game turned into a big meh for me. It was the first Burnout game I've played and there wasn't anything in it that seperated it from other racing games I've played. I really didn't like the lack of direction in the races. I ended up having to pull up the map every 5 seconds in races and still made wrong turns because I couldn't zoom in to see the detail of exits/turns/ramps.[/quote]

That too was the biggest turn off for me in this game. Its interesting, its fun but its no Burnout.

Almost comin' up on 2 months, Linkin. No signs of a price drop either. You still gonna give me that 1,000 bucks you promised with the price drop within 2 months? :D :D

[quote name='wowimsocute']i have no idea when that was discussed or who he is, but TiredForNow=TFN? apologies if i missed the inside joke.[/quote]I don't think there's an inside joke. He's just asking why you're bringing up the bet that the user TFN initially proposed.

Well, I had to return my rental today - I played it all of 1 hour on the weekend as the CAG thing never happened. No big deal - I had a rental I had to use last Friday or lose it anyway.

It is really fun to get a group together to play though - way better than the old menu-driven system in Burnout Revenge. I've only ever played with random people (and that was fun when the people were serious about it) - I would imagine getting CAGs to play would be excellent.

[quote name='jkanownik']This game turned into a big meh for me. It was the first Burnout game I've played and there wasn't anything in it that seperated it from other racing games I've played. I really didn't like the lack of direction in the races. I ended up having to pull up the map every 5 seconds in races and still made wrong turns because I couldn't zoom in to see the detail of exits/turns/ramps.[/quote]

Hmm... I don't seem to remember there ever being a racing game that had emphasis on crashing, exploration, and aggressive AI that constantly tried to take you out. But to each his own I guess.

and to continue on what io said, I also think it would be fun to get CAGs together to play the game once a week or something. If anyone else is up for the idea....

Would people be interested in a Burnout Clan? I can start something up if nothing has been put in place so it would be easier to find games. Let me know if anyone is interested.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I don't think there's an inside joke. He's just asking why you're bringing up the bet that the user TFN initially proposed.[/QUOTE]
i didn't bring it up. i am suggesting that the user TFN is now TiredForNow.

[quote name='RudyPants']Would people be interested in a Burnout Clan? I can start something up if nothing has been put in place so it would be easier to find games. Let me know if anyone is interested.[/quote]

That's something I'd be interested in. All we need is a group of people that are wanting to play.

[quote name='wowimsocute']i didn't bring it up. i am suggesting that the user TFN is now TiredForNow.[/quote]Sorry, I misread your initial post. Yes, TFN changed his name to tiredfornow apparently.

Alright - those interested people can add CAG Burnout to their friends list. Feel free to add this into the OP.

I notified ThatDamnDave and hopefully he'll sticky it in the CAG Clan forum.

At first i kinda felt that way but after u look at it everything is pretty much a str8 path to where u gotta get to its a option if u wanna take other streets but it hink the game was well put together the only two things i didnt like about it was 1) no horn (which isnt a game breaker) 2) Can't remember the second one lol

Oh and ill join the burnout clan

I'd play with y'all if you needed another player... I need them multiplayer cheeseburgers. ^__^;;[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ha!...never made such bet...I did say it would get a price drop within 2 monhts though...maybe I should have said 3?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3864671&postcount=315

Besides that happened with TFN...who are you?[/quote]

OHHH YOUUUU!!!! :boxing:

drclaw.jpg

I'll get you next time, Linkin! NEXTTT TIIIIIIII-MMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

[quote name='SL4IN']Hmm... I don't seem to remember there ever being a racing game that had emphasis on crashing, exploration, and aggressive AI that constantly tried to take you out. But to each his own I guess.
[/quote]

All three were present in NFS:MW and in a much more user friendly package. There were missions where you had to rack up certain damage totals, there was an entire city to explore and the cops were extremely aggressive (and utilized different tactics).

I guess I should have qualified my statements by saying I am a casual racing fan that picks up a racing game like twice a year. While I wasn't completely dissatisfied with this game, I was a little disappointed that it wasn't different enough from other games and there wasn't really anything that wowed me. I may pick it up again later and play it, but it would have to be priced somewhere near the $10 I paid for Ridge Racer 6.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I'd play with y'all if you needed another player... I need them multiplayer cheeseburgers. ^__^;;

OHHH YOUUUU!!!! :boxing:

drclaw.jpg

I'll get you next time, Linkin! NEXTTT TIIIIIIII-MMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!![/quote]

:rofl:

...Now I have the urge to watch Inspector Gadget.

[quote name='jkanownik']All three were present in NFS:MW and in a much more user friendly package. There were missions where you had to rack up certain damage totals, there was an entire city to explore and the cops were extremely aggressive (and utilized different tactics).

I guess I should have qualified my statements by saying I am a casual racing fan that picks up a racing game like twice a year. While I wasn't completely dissatisfied with this game, I was a little disappointed that it wasn't different enough from other games and there wasn't really anything that wowed me. I may pick it up again later and play it, but it would have to be priced somewhere near the $10 I paid for Ridge Racer 6.[/quote]

I never played most wanted, but that's partially because I tend to stay away from series that have been driven into the ground and are too repetitive.

But to each his own, that was your opinion. It's a shame you've never played any of the other Burnout games, this one with all the others are one of the best racing series still around IMO.

EDIT: sent a friend request for CAG burnout. we need to decide on a night to play every week.

bread's done
Back