Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off at Toys R Us - 4/2 and 4/3 Only

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13587[/IMG-R]Toys R Us is having a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on all in-stock video games today and tomorrow (4/2 and 4/3). Offer available online and in-store. Commercial was seen on Oxygen.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
ToysRUs.com

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that really doesn't get it:

B2G1 - $60 + $60 = $120 / 3 = $40 a game
B1G1 50% - $60 + $30 = $90 / 2 = $45 a game.

I really can't tell sometimes if people don't get this or not. Anyways. Kinda want to get MLB '10 and GoW, but might hold off. LBP & inFamous for $45 sounds good though.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']For anyone that really doesn't get it:

I really can't tell sometimes if people don't get this or not. Anyways. Kinda want to get MLB '10 and GoW, but might hold off. LBP & inFamous for $45 sounds good though.[/QUOTE]
Dont buy LBP and Infamous as they are about to become part of Greatest hits.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Dont buy LBP and Infamous as they are about to become part of Greatest hits.[/QUOTE]

That is why he said both for $45. The price drop is already in effect.

Can anyone confirm or deny if TRU has lowered the price on LBP and InFamous in stores yet? I think I would definitely go for that deal.

My Toys R us does not have the games I want. Does this work at Bestbuy if i price match it? Also I heard walmart might price match some things. If I try this will I need the original ad or can I just print it off their site/?

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']For anyone that really doesn't get it:

I really can't tell sometimes if people don't get this or not. Anyways. Kinda want to get MLB '10 and GoW, but might hold off. LBP & inFamous for $45 sounds good though.[/QUOTE]

It just depends on how many games you want and how much you want to spend which is a better deal. Yes with B2G1 you get each for 40, but you also put 30 dollars more into it then B1G1 50%. And what if you want 4 games? Anyway this argument will go on forever so I don't know why I'm posting this.

[quote name='odogs4']My Toys R us does not have the games I want. Does this work at Bestbuy if i price match it? Also I heard walmart might price match some things. If I try this will I need the original ad or can I just print it off their site/?[/QUOTE]

I work for walmart and they are strict on the rule on bringing in an ad...and as for best buy. It depends on the employee...The BB I go to, they are cool and call the store to confirm it. Toys R Us doesn't have print ads anymore so you'll need to print it yourself.

[quote name='bg2001']This is on all games. It is a different deal than listed in the Sunday deals thread.[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad.

[quote name='po12nostylez']Probably a stupid question, but would this work on pre-orders, like super street fighter iv and the new grand theft auto?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know this...

Lookin' to get Splinter Cell: Conviction.

[quote name='EarthKing']Toys R Us doesn't have print ads anymore so you'll need to print it yourself.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Portland area is the exception but Toys R Us has print ads in the paper here pretty much every Sunday (and often on Fridays, as well).

[quote name='Chris60319']Maybe the Portland area is the exception but Toys R Us has print ads in the paper here pretty much every Sunday (and often on Fridays, as well).[/QUOTE]

Oh. that's what the manager TRU in PHX,AZ told me...I guess ads are ymmv? that's silly :p

[quote name='EarthKing']I work for walmart and they are strict on the rule on bringing in an ad...and as for best buy. It depends on the employee...The BB I go to, they are cool and call the store to confirm it. Toys R Us doesn't have print ads anymore so you'll need to print it yourself.[/QUOTE]

Our Walmart here has signs at every register stating that an ad is unnecessary, and the CSM's have ensured that each one has all the weeks ad's for our convenience. Of course, I'd always err on the side of caution and take the ad w/ me :)

As for this deal...way too many games I own and haven't played, way too little time to play them, and this would just add extra stuff to the pile (as much as it kills me to pass up a decent deal).

[quote name='EarthKing']I work for walmart and they are strict on the rule on bringing in an ad...and as for best buy. It depends on the employee...The BB I go to, they are cool and call the store to confirm it. Toys R Us doesn't have print ads anymore so you'll need to print it yourself.[/QUOTE]
Does anyone have a fullsized picture of the B1G1 50% off ad? I wanna get Walmart to price match it because they have Demon's Souls and TRU doesn't.

[quote name='ruiner']It just depends on how many games you want and how much you want to spend which is a better deal. Yes with B2G1 you get each for 40, but you also put 30 dollars more into it then B1G1 50%. And what if you want 4 games? Anyway this argument will go on forever so I don't know why I'm posting this.[/QUOTE]

The only argument is between dumbasses and normal people. If you want four games, the deals are exactly the same. If you want five games, you might as well get another one for free. If you can't afford to spend $120, then B1G1 is only a "better" deal because the other one is not an option.

B2G1 free is a better deal than B1G1 50% off. End of argument. No more discussion needed.

For anyone buying games in NYC TRU's, BEWARE. TRU has started charging more for toys and newer release video games (ie: $64.99 for MSRP $59.99 games). I've seen this in the Times Square TRU and all TRU in Queens. If you go out to Long Island and New Jersey, they still have the normal pricing.

[quote name='SativaSam']Does anyone have a fullsized picture of the B1G1 50% off ad? I wanna get Walmart to price match it because they have Demon's Souls and TRU doesn't.[/QUOTE]

i have never heard a company that price match a sales ad especially any buy 1 get 1 something

[quote name='gn2007']i have never heard a company that price match a sales ad especially any buy 1 get 1 something[/QUOTE]

People have had B2G1's PM'd at Best Buy.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Are you implyin that it isn't?

So you're complaining that the employees were following corporate policy?[/QUOTE]

no, I'm implying that the inevitable will happen and someone will argue with someone else about math or someone will point out the math behind why B2G1 is better for no reason what so ever

[quote name='tenaciousmonkey']Our Walmart here has signs at every register stating that an ad is unnecessary, and the CSM's have ensured that each one has all the weeks ad's for our convenience. Of course, I'd always err on the side of caution and take the ad w/ me :)

As for this deal...way too many games I own and haven't played, way too little time to play them, and this would just add extra stuff to the pile (as much as it kills me to pass up a decent deal).[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? All the walmarts (including the one I work for) are so strict on that...Lucky. None of the walmart employees have the ads with them either :(.

No one really runs any great sales any more, hey , any one in nj , sears essencials in south plainfield is liquidating, ive heard everythings dirt cheap

If your going to take advantage on the deal, since its on 4/3, see what Amazon.com and Gamestop.com counter with, it could be something worse or better. every time I try to search for Infamous, it says did you mean infants lol.

[quote name='icedrake523']People have had B2G1's PM'd at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to matching a Gamestop ad, I call "bull". No way Best Buy will PM new games for used prices. If someone did get that deal, it is a total fluke.

The real question here is whether TRU will have the new PS3 Greatest Hits pricing in effect for this sale.... :cool:

[quote name='Zippon']If you are referring to matching a Gamestop ad, I call "bull". No way Best Buy will PM new games for used prices. If someone did get that deal, it is a total fluke.

The real question here is whether TRU will have the new PS3 Greatest Hits pricing in effect for this sale.... :cool:[/QUOTE]

Little Big planet is 60 bucks on Toys r'us.:hot:

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Please, if anyone sees the new prices for LBP or inFamous, please let us know ASAP. That's about all I'd want to use this for.[/QUOTE]

i second that,i want to use my god of war 3 gift card on the new greatest hits

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The only argument is between dumbasses and normal people. If you want four games, the deals are exactly the same. If you want five games, you might as well get another one for free. If you can't afford to spend $120, then B1G1 is only a "better" deal because the other one is not an option.

B2G1 free is a better deal than B1G1 50% off. End of argument. No more discussion needed.[/QUOTE]

Well 5 isnt even divisible by 2 or 3 so that dosn't even make sense. Dick.

(this is just a defense mechanism)

[quote name='ruiner']Well 5 isnt even divisible by 2 or 3 so that dosn't even make sense. Dick.

(this is just a defense mechanism)[/QUOTE]

Im sure he meant to say if you want 6 games :D or hes a dumb ass.
For 2 solid $60 games like HR and GOW3 this is gold.

?! Will I finally be able to get the ultimate sith edition force unleashed for less now? One can only hope its in stock today.

As has been said before, B2G1 is a slightly better deal albeit at the expense of higher initial investment. Assuming $60 games:

B2G1 = You save $60 since you are getting one game free after buying two games for a total of $120.
= (60/180) * 100 = 33.33 % savings
where the amount of $60 is your savings and $180 is the total cost of all three games.

Now,

B1G1/2 = You save $30 when buying two $60 games so your total is $90.
= (30 / 120) * 100 = 25 % savings
where the amount of $30 is the savings and $120 is the total cost of both games.

When do they show the %50 off! I have Just Cause 2 and Metro 2033 in my cart, but when i see it shows $125?? When do they apply the %50 off?!?!

Make sure you compare the total price from TRU to Amazon. The four games I wanted would actually be cheaper to buy from Amazon by about $13.

[quote name='Firesafetybear']When do they show the %50 off! I have Just Cause 2 and Metro 2033 in my cart, but when i see it shows $125?? When do they apply the %50 off?!?![/QUOTE]

At the time of this post, Just Cause 2 is not optional for the deal. Boo! There have been no deals on this save for the Amazon pre-order and K-Mart's opening week sale. Sigh...

[quote name='kythegent']At the time of this post, Just Cause 2 is not optional for the deal. Boo! There have been no deals on this save for the Amazon pre-order and K-Mart's opening week sale. Sigh...[/QUOTE]

Wow Toys r us......wow... They said all xbox 360 games! Hopefully it is eligible by tomorrow!

bread's done
Back