Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off at Toys R Us - 4/2 and 4/3 Only

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13587[/IMG-R]Toys R Us is having a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on all in-stock video games today and tomorrow (4/2 and 4/3). Offer available online and in-store. Commercial was seen on Oxygen.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
ToysRUs.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigant262']Price changes aren't until Mondays, so more than likely no Toys R Us will have Greatest Hits prices until then.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this information. It would make the GH B1G1 not likely to happen this weekend.

[quote name='Jinchuriki']Im sure he meant to say if you want 6 games :D or hes a dumb ass.
For 2 solid $60 games like HR and GOW3 this is gold.[/QUOTE]

No, I meant to say 5, because I was throwin out a random set of situations to show that no matter what, B2G1 free is always a better deal. Continuing to argue over this just shows how stupid you people are. For example:

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']Half the time you guys end of picking up a 3rd game you weren't even interested in and I'm sure stores love that.[/QUOTE]

That's one dumbass assumption to base your argument off of.

[quote name='tjm0711']So does the first game have to be $60 for JC2 to ring up 20?[/QUOTE]

The 1st game needs to cost more than JC2 (more than 49.99). Then JC2 will ring up at 20, if its priced at 49.99 at your store.

This is what it looked like on my receipt:

PS3 MLB 2k10 - 59.99
Buy 1 Get 1 50% off 59.99-0.00
PS3 Just Cause 2 - 19.99
Buy 1 Get 1 50% off 59.99-30.00
$10 off select item 29.99-10.00

sub total 79.98 + CA tax =87.38

I ended up getting the JC2 for $19.99 deal, but not at first. When my cashier initially rang me up, it rang JC2 up as $49.99 and took half off my $59.99 game. I had the nicest cashier in the world cause she took the time to go with me to the service desk, return the games, then scan them in so the JC2 would ring up at $19.99.

Big thanks to the person who originally posted about their JC2 experience.

My BF went to go get us JC2 and Metro 2033, but was unable to get JC2 to come up as the cheaper game. So it came out to $49.99 for JC2 and $29.99 for Metro 2033. Still a great deal.

So If I want MLB 2k10 (360) and Just Cause 2 (360) I have to get them to scan MLB 2k10 first so that Just cause 2 comes out for cheaper? Or does it even matter what order they scan it in.?

[quote name='odogs4']So If I want MLB 2k10 (360) and Just Cause 2 (360) I have to get them to scan MLB 2k10 first so that Just cause 2 comes out for cheaper? Or does it even matter what order they scan it in.?[/QUOTE]

It is not that hard to do. This is how I originally got JC2 for $19.99 (Please note I did this in store not online.)

Purchase JC2 and another game that is that $59.99 (The $10 off JC2 rings up after the discount so if you pick a game that is less than $59.99 that game will be the one half off.)

Tell the cashier to ring up JC2 second because you want it half off.

The receipt should look something like this:

Game 1 $59.99 (-0 Buy one get one 1/2 off)
JC2 $19.99
JC2 59.99 (-$30 Buy one get one 1/2 off)
JC2 29.99 (-$10 off select Item

The receipt shows that the first game was part of a promotion so you may not be able to get a full refund on it like one of the previous posters.

[quote name='estofan']Good luck doing that. I think TRU has tightened their return/exchange policy on B2G1/B1G1-50% items, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I have never had trouble with the B2G1 flipping a full priced game for another one a few weeks later. I do it every year. Last year I purchased Halo:ODST, Uncharted 2, and Brutal Legend. I returned ODST for Borderlands when it came out. The employee even knew what I was doing when I paid for $20 of the purchase with a ODST Gift Card from their previous promotion.

My toys r us had a pretty bad selection of games, just new ones pretty much. Hundreds of Wii games, and pretty much only new releases on PS3/360. I left with nothing cause they didn't have what i was looking for. -_-

So I just took a look at my receipt. I didn't get just cause for $20 and won't be able to return the $60 game. I was so excited getting out of there, that I didn't look at my receipt till I got home. Here's how my receipt looks; I don't mind keeping both games at these prices. Don't ask me why the cashier rang it up this way. I didn't ask for the protection plan and only bought the red steel 2 bundle over the game to ensure the just cause 2 discount (could have been slicker).

Just Case 2 - $36.62
$10 Off Select Item - $59.99-$10
15% off 1 item - $49.99-$7.50
$10 off $50 Purchase - $42.49 - $5.87
Software plan - +$3.99

Red Steel 2 w/ motion plus - $25.85
Buy 1 get 1 50% off - $59.99-$30
$10 off $50 purchase - $29.99-$4.13
Subtotal - $66.47
5% tax - $3.32
Total - 69.79!!!

[quote name='One4Deuce']Very tempted to do the same thing...[/QUOTE]
I would be too if my ps3 didn't break. Right now I want data east collection for the wii along with the samurai spirtis or king of fighters collections but they don't have the latter.

[quote name='bcoakiot']I saw the same thing. I called the 800 number at the bottom of the website and spoke to someone. She said that JC2 is not eligible for the promotion. I looked at the ad and the fine print and it clearly says "all games for all systems." When I pointed this out, she said I was right and that I should get it. Then she got confused and took $60 off of the order. So I got Heavy Rain and JC2 for $60 total. Guess that's a B1G1![/QUOTE]

I know I'm new to this site, so maybe this is overlooked here. You ripped them off and apparently you feel good about that. If it was $5 in your favor, fine, no big deal, we all deserve a little kick back sometimes. But $60 because they made an error, that's just thievery.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I know I'm new to this site, so maybe this is overlooked here. You ripped them off and apparently you feel good about that. If it was $5 in your favor, fine, no big deal, we all deserve a little kick back sometimes. But $60 because they made an error, that's just thievery.[/QUOTE]

You definitely missed the Toys R Us promo for Buy 1, Get 1 only half off if you purchase Battlefield Bad Company 2. Instead, there was a nationwide glitch in their register system that gave everyone the 2nd game free. Definitely one of the best 'deals' this year, IMO.

Where are people getting the 10$ off 50$ purchases coupons and all these other deals? I'm going tomorrow and maybe getting MAG and Just Cause 2 or Heavy Rain and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or something.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I know I'm new to this site, so maybe this is overlooked here. You ripped them off and apparently you feel good about that. If it was $5 in your favor, fine, no big deal, we all deserve a little kick back sometimes. But $60 because they made an error, that's just thievery.[/QUOTE]

Umm... it would be one thing if he was trying to get the game for free on purpose or trying to run a scam. But it was Toys R Us who screwed up though, so no it isn't thievery.

[quote name='SativaSam']Where are people getting the 10$ off 50$ purchases coupons and all these other deals? I'm going tomorrow and maybe getting MAG and Just Cause 2 or Heavy Rain and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or something.[/QUOTE]

Seriously... I'll be there in the morning if I knew what can get me 10 off 50 on both games plus 15% off one a game.

[quote name='jonathanp']Seriously... I'll be there in the morning if I knew what can get me 10 off 50 on both games plus 15% off one a game.[/QUOTE]

Just cause has an in store promotion that is taken off at the register. Why he also gave me the 15% off one game and 10 off 50 is beyond me. Maybe it was his last day.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Umm... it would be one thing if he was trying to get the game for free on purpose or trying to run a scam. But it was Toys R Us who screwed up though, so no it isn't thievery.[/QUOTE]

This.

Uggh, tempted to pick up Just Cause 2 and Red Steel 2 w/ Motion Plus but I have a huge backlog as it is already and by the time I would get around to playing both of them they will probably be around $30 or so anyways. I will try to force myself to pass :bomb:

seriously I think it's worth just sticking to amazon.com and their 10 or 20 dollar preorders. plus no tax and release day delivery for 6 bucks. but my toys r us is kinda far and crappy.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Uggh, tempted to pick up Just Cause 2 and Red Steel 2 w/ Motion Plus but I have a huge backlog as it is already and by the time I would get around to playing both of them they will probably be around $30 or so anyways. I will try to force myself to pass :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I'm feeling the same way.

I really want to play both those games, but they're just going to sit there for a while.

By the time I get around to playng them, their price will likely have dropped or there will be a sale, like B2G1.

Nonetheless, I keep thinking about heading out.

[quote name='rbarba4']I'm feeling the same way.

I really want to play both those games, but they're just going to sit there for a while.

By the time I get around to playng them, their price will likely have dropped or there will be a sale, like B2G1.

Nonetheless, I keep thinking about heading out.[/QUOTE]

Ah!!! Same here, different games for me but I feel like whenever there's a decent deal I feel like I have to go for it, even if I know I won't play the game until there's a further price drop anyway. I'm going to make myself wait this one out. I don't need to pad the backlog any more.

Okay I just got back from TRU and I did the JC2 deal. I got MLB 2k10 and Just cause 2 for $84 total. I am happy about my purchase because I missed out on the Kmart JC2 deal and I have been dying to play MLB since the season starts Sunday!

[quote name='tjm0711']Just cause has an in store promotion that is taken off at the register. Why he also gave me the 15% off one game and 10 off 50 is beyond me. Maybe it was his last day.[/QUOTE]

did he physically do the price adjustments himself or was it automatically taken off? because any kind of promotional deal like that comes off automatically. the way our (tru's) computers glitch, go out and malfunction all the time it might have just been a system issue. trust me. they're garbage. ie: bc2 glitch, items ringing up for over 3000 dollars, etc.

went to TRU (Santa Cruz, CA) to get GOW3 and Resident Evil Gold Edition for PS3. They said they haven't had GOW3 for a week and they didnt have RE: Gold for PS3. Bummer but yeah call to check if they have the games you want before hand.

Went to TRU today and didn't find anything I really wanted... the selection was pretty bad. They did have a million Wii games though. I did happen across the Batman:AA collector's edition for $70 but decided to pass.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Went to TRU today and didn't find anything I really wanted... the selection was pretty bad. They did have a million Wii games though. I did happen across the Batman:AA collector's edition for $70 but decided to pass.[/QUOTE]

Good thing you did. Coming from someone who owns the CE of Batman: AA you aren't missing anything other then a cheap plastic Batarang stand, a 'making of' disc and a kind of cool Arkham Asylum journal. The CE dlc is going to be in the Batman: AA GotY edition along with the Gamestop dlc and the other two challenges that came out last year.

Used a gift card and picked up Red Steel 2 Bundle & Wii Sports Resort Bundle for $70. I wanted to get RS2 and my girl has always liked Wii Sports, so I thought it would be worth it to get two games and two motion plus.

Do I have any options? I went to our TRU and they didn't have, nor had they even heard of JC2.

The website isn't giving me the deal. What are my options? I don't do this all the time so I'm a bit new.

If you have a copy of the ad, you can try getting it price matched at Best Buy or Walmart.

I was going to pass, but I'd really like to get Just Cause 2 (I love sandbox games where you can do all kinds of crazy shit) and maybe Borderlands. Though I still have so many other games I either haven't opened or played a little but haven't finished.

I got Bayonetta and Brutal Legend for $76, but then returned it because Gamestop is selling Bayonetta for $40 and Brutal Lengend's OG price is $20.
Was about to bite on Brutal Legend and Batman AA for $50 but it's not really a deal so I just left.

Brutal Legend - $20
Bayonetta - $60
Batman AA - $40
Ghost Busters - $20

Off topic, but i'm surprised Toys R Us has been in business this long. Maybe it's only around here but every location I've been to, I never see anyone buying actual 'toys', even at the holiday season. Can they really sustain an entire store just on video games? Sure Gamestop does this, but that's all they do. They are a tiny store in comparison.

The TRU that I went to today had at least 10 people with a few toys in their carts. I was actually 1 of 2 people that were there buying video games.

People keep having kids, and kids want shit. Lots of it. Thats why they stay in business. They offer good deals on video games all the time.

I dropped by my local TRU and picked up

PS2 Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories $14.99
Xbox 360 Qubed $7.49

So, I spent $22.48 + tax. I was able to leave TRU without buying any pricey games, which would be cheap by the time I get to them since my current backlog is monstrous-haha.

Thanks for the info, OP!

[quote name='ryanflucas']Off topic, but i'm surprised Toys R Us has been in business this long. Maybe it's only around here but every location I've been to, I never see anyone buying actual 'toys', even at the holiday season. Can they really sustain an entire store just on video games? Sure Gamestop does this, but that's all they do. They are a tiny store in comparison.[/QUOTE]

My TRU never has any games anyone wants and it holds true with this deal. They've been in business locally here for ages and it obviously isn't because of the video games since they don't carry jack shit.

The computer at Toys R Us wouldn't allow cashier to ring up Just Cause 2 for half off. I specifically asked them to after rang up Battlefield: BC 2 for half off. JC 2 was getting $10 off making it cheaper but still computer would apply half off. Any ideas?

[quote name='JrHu92']I got Bayonetta and Brutal Legend for $76, but then returned it because Gamestop is selling Bayonetta for $40 and Brutal Lengend's OG price is $20.
Was about to bite on Brutal Legend and Batman AA for $50 but it's not really a deal so I just left.

Brutal Legend - $20
Bayonetta - $60
Batman AA - $40
Ghost Busters - $20[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind buying used... get Bayonetta from Family Video for $19.99

So I had a list of 4 games that I was looking for at my local Toys 'R' Us:

Infinite Space
Resonance of Fate
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

And, of course, they had none of these. Heck, they barely had anything at all! Has anyone seen ANY of these games at their local TRU? Thanks.

bread's done
Back