Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Select games @ Target (YMMV?)

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
Just got back from trading in some games at Target and was told & shown the printout stating that all the games with a Price Sticker & Barcode on the front of the case (see picture below) are Buy 1 Get 1 Free.  I did not read the fine print to see when the promotion ends, but it seems like a great deal as there are some pretty good games in the selection.

Photo Courtesy of Shipwreck (though im a bit worried about the games on his racks not having the barcodes on front)

Bn8tUimIEAAhmY5.jpg

Example of sticker:

Receipt Proof:

A main reason I put the YMMV tag in the title is that 3 of the stores I've been to keep all of the "specially marked" games in the back room gathering dust, so unless you have a DCPI, theres no way to tell what games they have for sale.  Each store that actually put them on the shelf has had around 50-100 titles, all varying and across 360, Ps3, Wii, Vita, DS, 3DS and PSP.

*EDIT* Removed "holiday 2013" branding as it was causing confusion.  Just calling them "specially marked" since its easier to summarize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow dudes thanks for this awesome post! I went to my target in hawaii and got insane deals!!
Jak vita
Zelda skyward wii + cd
Mgs hd vita
Uncharted vita
Theaterrhythm 3ds
Dead alive 3ds
Wow its like they giving games away!
Almost like the TRU sale!!
Zelda is a b1g1? Are the games that are part of this deal different at each Target?
I literally just bought Skyward Sword at a local target a few days ago, checked the scanner to see if it was part of this deal & it wasn't (it also was still $20, whereas I've heard of other people getting it for less. If that matters).

so I went back to one of the target stores, and with some persistance, with a completely different employee than the last time I was there I managed to get a couple of things.  However at first they did try to give me regular "what's on the shelves is what we have" line.  But this time I had the dcpi for some titles and had checked on the scanner and told them it said it was in the stock room.  Finally managed to persuade them to go check in the back, but they would only grab what I had dcpi #'s for.  I even brought it up twice if they could just bring out a copy each of whatever vita games they had in the back and was completely ignored on that.

with that said..

does anyone have a dcpi or item number for Transformers: war for cybertron (ps3)?  Looked over the older pages of the thread again and saw that it was part of the sale, not sure if this one is ymmv though and was just misplaced.

Transformers (PS3): 207-24-0757 (YMMV for sure, it was not marked as Special Purchase on the Scanner in Bloomington, IN)

Other DPCI Numbers:

(Wasn't marked with special purchase in my Store)
Hitman Trilogy (PS3): 207-24-0862
MGS Rising (PS3): 207-24-0790

Purchased and part of the sale
SFxTekken (VITA) - 207-20-0094 ($39.99)
Hot Shots Gold (VITA) - 207-20-0044 (19.99)

UMvC3 (VITA) (19.99)

Definitely helps to have a friendly employee helping you.  Make sure you mention that you have the DPCI number, and that you checked it in the scanner and it indicated either in Stock or Stockroom: Yes.  Here in Bloomington, the guy said there were a bunch of Vita games there in the back, not sure if they were going to put them out, but I snagged 6 Vita games all sealed for $90.  

MGSHD, UMvC3, SFxTekken, Hot Shots, Dungeon Hunter, Ninja Gaiden 2

not sure if I'll keep Dungeon Hunter, is the game better than the reviews indicate?

I picked up Lego Batman (Wii) & Lego Batman 2 (Wii U) for $22. Employee did not know anything about the promotion.

I work at Target (Flower Mound, TX). This deal is not dead for those wondering. I managed to pull all of our discontinued games that are part of this promo to the floor.
The problem that most stores have is that all of the games on this deal are discontinued and don't have a sales floor location so they just sit in the stockroom.
Sweet! Friendly neighborhood CAG. I frequent that store. Feel free to PM me with any
good clearance items haha! I'm in Lewisville and am equal distances between your store and the one on Hebron but prefer Flower Mound.

Anyone know if Wipeout 2048 or Little Big Planet Vita are included?

Yes zelda skyward +cd was $20 so b1g1 makes it a cool $10! The targets seem to vary
Lady told me they have discontinued stock in back but didnt want to bring it out. As the thread says if u habe the dcpi # you can request soecific titles. She said they pull games out periodically.

Transformers (PS3): 207-24-0757 (YMMV for sure, it was not marked as Special Purchase on the Scanner in Bloomington, IN)

Other DPCI Numbers:

(Wasn't marked with special purchase in my Store)
Hitman Trilogy (PS3): 207-24-0862
MGS Rising (PS3): 207-24-0790

Purchased and part of the sale
SFxTekken (VITA) - 207-20-0094 ($39.99)
Hot Shots Gold (VITA) - 207-20-0044 (19.99)

UMvC3 (VITA) (19.99)

Definitely helps to have a friendly employee helping you. Make sure you mention that you have the DPCI number, and that you checked it in the scanner and it indicated either in Stock or Stockroom: Yes. Here in Bloomington, the guy said there were a bunch of Vita games there in the back, not sure if they were going to put them out, but I snagged 6 Vita games all sealed for $90.

MGSHD, UMvC3, SFxTekken, Hot Shots, Dungeon Hunter, Ninja Gaiden 2

not sure if I'll keep Dungeon Hunter, is the game better than the reviews indicate?
Thanks for trying to help, but the DCPI you provided is for Fall of Cybertron, War of Cybertron is a different game that came out in a couple years ago.

Wow dudes thanks for this awesome post! I went to my target in hawaii and got insane deals!!
Jak vita
Zelda skyward wii + cd
Mgs hd vita
Uncharted vita
Theaterrhythm 3ds
Dead alive 3ds
Wow its like they giving games away!
Almost like the TRU sale!!
Yes zelda skyward +cd was $20 so b1g1 makes it a cool $10! The targets seem to vary
Lady told me they have discontinued stock in back but didnt want to bring it out. As the thread says if u habe the dcpi # you can request soecific titles. She said they pull games out periodically.
What is this Zelda Skyward Sword + CD you speak of? And it's 19.99 and B1G1?

Thanks for the thread guys.  Went today and got NGS 2+ and DoA 5+ for a cool $20 (+ tax).  Had to provide the employee with the DPCI numbers as they had almost nothing on the shelves.  Most of their discontinued games are kept in the back, which they had a few copies of.

Did anyone have the dcpi for zelda or marvel vs capcom for vita?

if anyone can find a copy of pokemon white, and pokemon White 2, (at the 10/11$ clearance price) please PM me, i would be graciously willing to purchase them+shipping, no stores within 100 miles of me stock it, which sucks.

3ds Shinobi w/ the stylus is 9.99 and part of this sale - not sure if anyones mentioned it.

still working as of today picked up doa5+ & lego batman 2 for $20 and had them price match angry birds starwars (had to do this in seperate transatction do to the special buy would only go to 11.99 with the other two game, went down to 9.99 pm to GS no problem seperately)

Did anyone have the dcpi for zelda or marvel vs capcom for vita?
All four of these were in back and I had them pull them via DPCI search:

PSV: Uncharted Golden Abyss 207-20-0031 $39.99

PSV: Dungeon Hunter Alliance 207-20-0051 $29.99

PSV: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 207-20-0070 $19.99

PSV: Gravity Rush 207-20-0039 $14.99

Went back for more...

Fifa Street 360 19.99

DOA5+ Vita 19.99

Doom 3 BFG PS3 19.99

Hitman Trilogy 360 39.99 but pricematched to website for 22.49 and the b1g1 still works with price match

I wasnt going to get the hitman trilogy but they pulled it out of the back room and it turned out to be the artbook version.

My guy basically said that there was only 6 vita games.

Is there a good chance that he was lying or didn't know?

It's kind of far away so I didn't really want to waste my time.

My guy basically said that there was only 6 vita games.

Is there a good chance that he was lying or didn't know?

It's kind of far away so I didn't really want to waste my time.
Best way to get them to go back is to have the DPCI numbers and punch it into the handheld checker or a checker on the wall to get them to see that they actually have it in stock.

The target b1g1 is all targets but some games are and arent the same
I was in hawaii and infamous was in the batch but back in nebraska it wasnt
Same with zelda skyward cd, here was $20, but dont know if it had cd or not but the dcpi # said no sale but it was in hawaii.
Zelda. 207-26-0518

I hit hawaii target and nebraska target was awesome deals!
I got ult mvc3 vita, gravity rush, mgs hd, jak coll vita, ninjag1, ninjag2, doa5+!!
Vita insanity! Target just giving these awesome games away for $10!
Amazing haul, thank you for your help and posts

Once i learned the dcpi system, i went to price scanner and checked titles, handed the target guy my wish list and off he went to the backroom! I felt like indiana jones CAG on the journey to find hidden deals in the target system that the employees were unaware. Guy said thats a great deal, yes it was! Mobile target site is awesome to find dcpis. What an adventure!

One caution, the display in hawaii said 5/18-31 so the b1g1 may end very soon! (I ran out tonite just in case it ends tomorrow)
You can find awesome deals since most targets dont have games on the shelf or marked for that matter
Today i found vita games in the value section but no b1g1 sign, but they were.

This deal shopping is addicting! Must rest now and vita play my great games!!! Take care all

I ended up passing on 2 AC3 LE's :)360:) at the Bedford, NH Target tonight.  They rang up with the special promo but both boxes were pretty beat up and it looks like it would be tough to sell one for more than $60-$65.  Also saw a good amount of vita games including AC Liberation, Unit 13, Lumines, Soul Sacrifice, etc.

There was an end cap with a bunch of games at a Target (Wilsonville, OR) today.

I checked MGS Revengerance, Prototype 2, Lego Friends.  None rang up as special promotion. All were $29 or so.

About a week ago the Strongsville, OH store showed 3 Mass Effect 3 n7 editions for 360 in the backroom.

They are probably still there.

DPCI: 207-22-0799

Picked up:

Rayman Legends
Ninja Gaiden 2
MGS HD
Lumines
Resistance
Ultimate MvC
NFS Most Wanted
Unit 13

All for about 100 bucks. Great deal imo.

To save everyone some time, here's a list I compiled of all the games reported so far

Vita
Rayman Legends
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2
MGS HD
Lumines
Resistance
Ultimate MvC 3
NFS Most Wanted
Unit 13
DOA5+
Jak and Daxter Collection
Gravity Rush
Uncharted
Hot Shots Golf
Street Fighter X Tekken
Angry Birds Star Wars
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Super Monkey Ball
Soul Sacrifice 

Fifa Street
Hitman Trilogy
Dead Island Riptide Rigor Mortis Edition
Dark Souls
Top Hand Rodeo
DOA 5
Skate 3
Batman Arkham City
Rock Band 3
Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 3 LE
Nicktoons MLB
Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon
Generator Rex Agent of Providence
Resident Evil Raccoon City
Deadliest Warrior Ancient Combat
Madagascar 3
Power Rangers Super Samurai (Kinect game)
Dragons Dogma
Resident Evil 6
FIFA 13
Inversion
Alan Wake
X-men Destiny
Alvin & the Chipmunks Chipwrecked
Sims 3 Pets
Aliens Colonial Marines
Crackdown 2
FIFA 12
F1 2011
Mortal Kombat
Madden 13
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition 
Lego Batman: The Game
Hitman HD Trilogy
Rockstar Collection (GTA IV, Red Dead, Midnight Club, L.A. Noire) 
Dance Central
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Fable: The Journey
Sleeping Dogs 
Final Fantasy 13-2 

PS3
Doom 3 BFG
Hitman Trilogy
Assasins Creed III LE
Lollipop Chainsaw
Max Payne 3/GTA IV 2 pack
Dead Space 2
Mass Effect 3
God of War Acension CE 
Transformers: War For Cybertron
Epic Mickey 2
Metal Gear Rising
Anarchy Reigns

DS/3DS
Final Fantasy Theaterrhythm
DOA5
Shinobi
Professor Layton: Last Specter
Fossil Fighters:Champions
Mario & Luigi: Browser inside Story
Professor Layton Unwound Future
Nintendogs
Pilotwings

Wii
Lego Batman
Rayman Origins
Call Of Duty MW3
Toy Story Mania
Animal Crossing Cityfolk
Ghost Recon
Power Rangers Samurai
Smurf Dance Crap

WiiU
Lego Batman 2
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Now I wonder what will happen to all of those games... I'm guessing they hit a fairly significant clearance cycle - since they already did not sell for 50% off, effectively. There are quite a few I'd pick up at 70% off...

bread's done
Back