Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 on all used games @ GoHastings

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
GoHastings is offering a deal for buy 2 get 1 for $1 on all used and previously viewed games, dvds, cds, and books with code FRIENDME.

Valid now (supposedly) through Saturday.

Sounds like their counter to Gamestop's B2G1, except only a little worse.

[quote name='Distrato']Hate their shipping. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

whatever, they have some incredibly low overall prices on these games right now. Look at the big picture.

Black Ops for PS3 is currently listed for $19.99 used right now.

Edit: Looks like it's the same price on X360 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
just picked up black ops for my xbox, black ops for my ps3 at my girlfriends, and black ops ps3 for amazon, for a grand total of $21, after my $30 credit from amazon. thanx op.

Man I found 2 games I wanted but can't find a 3rd in the price range. Wish they just had a 30% off code.... maybe next week. Seems like they have sales all the time.

Just got COD: Black Ops, Assassin's Creed: Brother Hood and Red Dead Redemption, all used $19.99 each for the PS3, for $47.82 shipped.

[quote name='VVaffle']Awesome. My Valkyria Chronicles ($10.18) and Demon's Souls ($14.99) both came sealed and in perfect condition. DS was black label, too. These are some of the only games I've received from GoHastings that have been sealed.

A word to the wise regarding collectors/special/limited editions; they tend to not give a damn if something is missing so long as the disc is included and works. I've grabbed both the Mafia 2 CE and Resident Evil 5 CE which each contained nothing but the steelbook, manual, and disc. It's hit or miss.

Some of the used games I've gotten from them have had some sort of disc-cleaning gunk/residue on them, but nothing that can't be wiped off with ease.

Oh, looks like they didn't even charge me. Second time that's happened.[/QUOTE]

you received your today? when did you order?

[quote name='iRandom']you received your today? when did you order?[/QUOTE]On the 14th. I wasn't actually expecting to receive them yet because they never sent me a tracking number. About half the games I've ordered from them shipped with first-class USPS, the others with USPS standard.

If they are indeed using UPS now for some of the larger orders, you'd think we would save more on shipping. Guess not.

Oh and a heads-up to some flippers who may not be aware, their Black Ops Prestige Edition copies tend to come with the Classic Zombie codes. 4/5 of the ones I've ordered/flipped have had them, and I've raked in a little extra cash from that. I'm done with flipping though. For now, at least. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iRandom']you received your today? when did you order?[/QUOTE]

I also ordered 2 games (Fifa 09 & Skate) on the 15th and received them yesterday. Less than $13 for both those games and 2-day shipping is not bad at all.

Decided to place more orders for flipping/free shit.

It kinda sucks my original order for Fable 3 was when it was $18.XX each, so I got charged an extra $6.XX :/

Can't even contact CS because it's the weekend.

[quote name='nas6034']Just used 3% cashback and ordered 2xps3 COD:BO and 1x360 COD:BO[/QUOTE]

what's the 3% cashback? and what was the total on that order?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Decided to place more orders for flipping/free shit.

It kinda sucks my original order for Fable 3 was when it was $18.XX each, so I got charged an extra $6.XX :/

Can't even contact CS because it's the weekend.[/QUOTE]

what sucks in that now it's $16 on BB instead of $30

[quote name='iRandom']
what sucks in that now it's $16 on BB instead of $30[/QUOTE]

I locked mine in online and it actually shipped this time instead of pending for 2 weeks so I'll be fine.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I locked mine in online and it actually shipped this time instead of pending for 2 weeks so I'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Does it need to reach them before 14 days or can it just be postmarked? Also, if I lock in a price online today and it drops tomorrow, can I trade the game in store for the locked in price?

[quote name='Roadrunner']THIS! lol. I've been able to stay away from the gamestop and hastings b2g1 deals this time around... I've got plenty of great games to keep me busy for a long time. i cant seem to stay away from this site though haha.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way, lol. I saw that somebody posted Black Ops for $19.99 and instantly thought this, lol. I could buy three copies and trade in two of them for $30 each. I'd only make a profit of $10...

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Does it need to reach them before 14 days or can it just be postmarked? Also, if I lock in a price online today and it drops tomorrow, can I trade the game in store for the locked in price?[/QUOTE]

It needs to reach them, so it's taking a risk if you go my route. Usually if the order is pending for 3-4 days, I just call CS and have them cancel it.

And no, online and in-store are "separate" even though they're the same service.

@nas, yes they do come complete probably 90%+ of the time. Haven't heard anyone complain about it.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm the same way, lol. I saw that somebody posted Black Ops for $19.99 and instantly thought this, lol. I could buy three copies and trade in two of them for $30 each. I'd only make a profit of $10...[/QUOTE]Or you buy two copies of the Prestige Edition, get another game for a buck, and make $80+ in profit. haha

[quote name='nas6034']http://www.cashbackholic.com/compare.php

Type in gohastings.
Total was $47.82

There is potential for money not credit to be made.

Also, do GoHastings games usually come complete? (cover art and manual + console specific case)[/QUOTE]

you'd do a lot better with ordering USED and not previously viewed

[quote name='nas6034'][quote name='iRandom']what's the 3% cashback? and what was the total on that order?

http://www.cashbackholic.com/compare.php

Type in gohastings.
Total was $47.82

There is potential for money not credit to be made.

Also, do GoHastings games usually come complete? (cover art and manual + console specific case)[/QUOTE]

I've ordered from them a few times now and all of my games have come complete (case, art, manual), though not usually with any codes as you would expect buying used anywhere. I think I've seen some instances where people reported having unused codes, but I wouldn't expect it. The games have always been in great shape when I've received them though.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm the same way, lol. I saw that somebody posted Black Ops for $19.99 and instantly thought this, lol. I could buy three copies and trade in two of them for $30 each. I'd only make a profit of $10...[/QUOTE]

Actually, the best way to go about it is trade it in to Best Buy. You can trade in 3 copies, most of the TIV are higher and then buy a Amazon Kindle gift card. So, if you are serious about flipping Blops you could buy 6 copies, trade 3 to BB, 2 to Amazon, keep 1 for yourself. So you could buy 6 copies for ~100 and after TIV get $150 and keep a Blops game.

Ofcourse, I'd rather have the $100 in my pocket than Amazon credit but it can be done.

[quote name='VVaffle']Or you buy two copies of the Prestige Edition, get another game for a buck, and make $80+ in profit. haha[/QUOTE]

Are you sure they'll send the prestige edition in? The cart just shows black ops.

[quote name='VVaffle']Or you buy two copies of the Prestige Edition, get another game for a buck, and make $80+ in profit. haha[/QUOTE]

They send the complete set...I've bought a couple PS3 prestige editions already from them. Haven't had a chance to test the zombie code...

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Are you sure they'll send the prestige edition in? The cart just shows black ops.[/QUOTE]As long as you were on the Prestige Edition page, then yes. That is what they will send you. Even without the zombie maps (which I've been able to sell for $75 in the past), you can sell everything BUT that for about $60-$70 pretty quickly on Craigslist or something.

A few used 360 finds I'd normally jump at ...

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is down to $14.99. (PS3 is $19.99.)
Halo Reach is $14.99.
Fable III is $14.99.
Fallout New Vegas (if you didn't pick it up at Blockbuster's B1G1) is $14.99. (both systems)
Black Ops is $19.99. (both systems)
Red Dead Redemption is also $19.99. (both systems)

Not much longer, these will be under $10 on GH! =)

tried buy Black ops, but saying billing address doesnt match my debit card, yet they took the money from my account >.>

[quote name='VVaffle']As long as you were on the Prestige Edition page, then yes. That is what they will send you. Even without the zombie maps (which I've been able to sell for $75 in the past), you can sell everything BUT that for about $60-$70 pretty quickly on Craigslist or something.[/QUOTE]

BTW is there any way to test zombie codes without redeeming them? I checked the online PSN account management website last week and it still wasn't fully functional...

[quote name='caedeskhan']BTW is there any way to test zombie codes without redeeming them? I checked the online PSN account management website last week and it still wasn't fully functional...[/QUOTE]For the PS3, I haven't found a way aside from that... I'm not quite sure if code redemption on the site is still wonky.

For the 360 you need to enter the code through the console (Guide Button > Marketplace > Redeem Code) rather than through xbox.com. If the code is valid, it will say something like "This code entitles you to download ______", at which point you back out rather than actually redeeming/downloading it. If it is not valid/has been used, it will display a "The code you entered is invalid." message.

I ordered the Prestige edition a month ago during the 30% sale and my code came used. Highly unlikely of finding an unused Zombie code.

[quote name='VVaffle']For the PS3, I haven't found a way aside from that... I'm not quite sure if code redemption on the site is still wonky.

For the 360 you need to enter the code through the console (Guide Button > Marketplace > Redeem Code) rather than through xbox.com. If the code is valid, it will say something like "This code entitles you to download ______", at which point you back out rather than actually redeeming/downloading it. If it is not valid/has been used, it will display a "The code you entered is invalid." message.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it wasn't working as of last week. I'll probably just sell my extra copy without the code and hold on to it once the PSN website is fully functional.

New Super Mario Bros Wii, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Super Smash Bros Brawl are all 31.15 used. 70 bucks total for all three. Not too shabby.

I have never ordered from gohastings, do they have a grading system? a few of the games i have looked at will be something like this

• Used - Xbox 360 $16.13
  • Used - Xbox 360 $16.99
  • Previously Viewed - Xbox 360 $18.98

as far as i know, Used means someone traded it in and Previously viewed means its a rental copy that they are now selling.

[quote name='goatface']I have never ordered from gohastings, do they have a grading system? a few of the games i have looked at will be something like this

• Used - Xbox 360 $16.13
  • Used - Xbox 360 $16.99
[/QUOTE]

Another CAG compared goHastings' used games to an ex who may or may not have been treated well and previously viewed to the girl who's been around the block. Stick to their used stock!

[quote name='goatface']I have never ordered from gohastings, do they have a grading system? a few of the games i have looked at will be something like this

• Used - Xbox 360 $16.13
  • Used - Xbox 360 $16.99
[/QUOTE]

What's the game? One could be a CE, or come with manual. Gotta read the Package Contents section.

As for Used vs. Previously Viewed, I do not understand the pricing structure at all. I'd think a rental (Previously Viewed) version would be less expensive than plain ol' Used.

tempted to get some games to flip at Bestbuy (And some to get for me, pretty cheap prices for some of these!) Would people recommend gohastings then? I see people say most of the time it comes complete (I know without codes a lot of times, which is to be expected). But just want to see what people's recommendations are for getting it.

Ordered PS3 games

Call of Duty Black Ops
Assasin Creeds Brotherhood
Ninja Gaiden 2

Total: $48.14

First time buyer so hopefully they make it right for me atleast.

hopefully they have a copy of Black ops by monday! i ordered it but gohastings ordering system sucks ass. its saying that the billing address doesnt match the one on my card, which it does. i tried it 3 times and it charged all three times. so now i got to wait till monday to call hastings customer care to see if its either going to ship or they are going to release the funds. it didnt gie me any order number so im sure they release it but it sucks being without that 24$ this weekend. :/

bread's done
Back