Buy 2 Get 1 Free on used Xbox Games at Gamestop/EB Starting 1/29 to 2/18

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Title says it all. If you're looking for any used xbox games, it will be the time to pick them up. I don't think there are any restrictions on the games that qualify for the B2G1 either. The sale ends on 2/18. If something new comes up for the following marketing period, I'll let you all know. I'm hoping for a trade deal to come up soon.

EDIT:
The GI coupon may not work since it says not valid with any other offers, we'll see when it goes into effect if it works or not.

Damn you CAG! I was thinking i was done getting Xbox games but noooo...

I have to try to get as many of these games as i can... it feels like my last chance:
mercenaries
advent rising
spiderman 2
fable lost chapters
Indigo Prophecy
Psychonauts
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Phantom Dust
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Lord of the Rings:Return of the King
Black
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Ninja Gaiden Black
Cuthulu
Kingdon Under Fire

I had to go to a Gamestop a little ways away but it was worth it cause I managed to get 3 titles I wanted most:

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Call of Cthulu
Silent Hill 4

Went into local GS yesterday and noticed Steel Battalion on the shelf with a USED $129.99 price tag on it. Jokingly I asked if they have the controller for it, and they replied yes... price check showed it's for $50... but once I saw the controller I noticed it's cover in dust with one of the switch broken and the eject button cover is gone... the GS manager was cool and offer 20% discount when I complained... so, after Edge card, I got Steel Battalion for $36, including contoller and the paddle.

After cleaning it at home, I fired it up and everything was in tip top condition. Only one switch lever is broken off but still functions perfectly.

All I need now is the controller menu... anyone here hhave one that they can send me a scan of it?

Needless to say, this is the most awesome found for me in a GS! :bouncy:

does anyone have a list of xbox games that's has anaphormic widescreen and also playable on the 360? I dont want to buy an xbox game that give me two thick bars on my widescreen hdtv.

The only games i know are Halo2 and ninja Gaiden, any others? any help appreciated

Also, I came accross a copy of soul calibur 2, on the back, it saids it has 720p hdtv. So that's an xbox game with 360 graphic??? anyone tried it on the 360?

[quote name='supaet']does anyone have a list of xbox games that's has anaphormic widescreen and also playable on the 360? I dont want to buy an xbox game that give me two thick bars on my widescreen hdtv.

The only games i know are Halo2 and ninja Gaiden, any others? any help appreciated

Also, I came accross a copy of soul calibur 2, on the back, it saids it has 720p hdtv. So that's an xbox game with 360 graphic??? anyone tried it on the 360?[/quote]
soul calibur II won't play in widescreen
I did find out that GTA san andreas will though

I got:

Street V3
advent rising
spiderman 2
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Lord of the Rings:Return of the King
Second Sight

These 6 games for $39.64 after 10% edge and Tax. Pretty nice haul but i still have a few more games to get.

[quote name='GoAztecs']Picked up:

Soul Calibur II - I have the PS2 version but being able to play with Spawn was tempting, and so far I'm enjoying this version more than the PS2.

Deus Ex: Invisible War - I enjoyed the PS2 Deus Ex so for a freebie game it was worth a tryout

Red Ninja - I know nothing about this game but it seemed somewhat interesting.

The local EB only had a little sign above the X-Box bin.[/QUOTE]

Red Ninja: quite possibly one of my favorite games ever. I realize there is TONS of bias, tons of BAD reviews, but please..do the following

Play the tutorial level, this will make the game 2x easier, and not only that, the tutorial level is absolutely GORGEOUS, I'd kill for a next gen full HD rendition of this level [when people say they HATED Red Ninja, I ask them, "have you played the tutorial level?" they answer "NO" and I say, "oh, well that's why"]

Other than that, just enjoy the hot girl and entertaining ninja action = ) give it an honest chance, do not go in expecting ninja gaiden or tenchu, and you'll be just fine.

supaet,

If you're a fan of the Hulk, the Incredible Hulk game plays in 720p (widescreen) and looks great. It really looks like a next gen title if you ask me, much better than the average xbox game.

[quote name='sarausagi']Red Ninja: quite possibly one of my favorite games ever. I realize there is TONS of bias, tons of BAD reviews, but please..do the following

Play the tutorial level, this will make the game 2x easier, and not only that, the tutorial level is absolutely GORGEOUS, I'd kill for a next gen full HD rendition of this level [when people say they HATED Red Ninja, I ask them, "have you played the tutorial level?" they answer "NO" and I say, "oh, well that's why"]

Other than that, just enjoy the hot girl and entertaining ninja action = ) give it an honest chance, do not go in expecting ninja gaiden or tenchu, and you'll be just fine.[/quote]
Damn, I love a good ninja game, Tenchu is one of my favorite series.

I picked up GTA:SA, Star Wars: Battlefront II, and Thief: Deadly Shadows. I was able to use the extra 10% on my trade ins and purchases and was able to get about $14 for trades, after everything I put down $20. I'm happy with my purchases.

[quote name='CaoPi']:lol: red ninja? you gotta be kidding me right..[/quote]

Ahh... red ninja. I love that game. It made me a ton flipping a few of them at blockbuster last year. :D

[quote name='sp00ge']Ahh... red ninja. I love that game. It made me a ton flipping a few of them at blockbuster last year. :D[/quote]

I'm gonna admit that was the only reason I bought it going for 10 bucks and flipping in for about 25 at blockbuster. Other than that I didn't bother to play it.

[quote name='CaoPi']I'm gonna admit that was the only reason I bought it going for 10 bucks and flipping in for about 25 at blockbuster. Other than that I didn't bother to play it.[/quote]

$7.50 after price adjustment at Cicrcuit City, one of the following ads had it 25% off. And it was $27 in credit. :D

Agh, Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon Orta aren't BC with the 360. :whistle2:x

Any confirmation on if you can use the 10% off used games coupon found in those trading guides they have in store? Deal would probably be too good if you could use it along with the Edge Card.

[quote name='Tsukento']Agh, Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon Orta aren't BC with the 360. :whistle2:x

Any confirmation on if you can use the 10% off used games coupon found in those trading guides they have in store? Deal would probably be too good if you could use it along with the Edge Card.[/quote]

You should be able to use it. The GS/EB around my area were okay with it. Let's see...the only games I got from this is TMNT: Mutant Melee, TMNT 2 Battle Nexus, TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare, Jaded Empire Limited Edition, KOF Maximum Impact Maniax, and The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind Game of the Year Edition. Just wish the games I did want weren't so scattered about.

I gave it a shot. The coupon CAN be used with the offer and can also be stacked with the Edge/More Card. :D

Went to an obscurely located EB Games and found a very nice haul (snatched two Game Boy Players from there).

Fable: The Lost Chapter
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Jet Set Radio Future

JSRF was the free game.

Also went to a GameStop and picked up Panzer Dragoon Orta. Seems like GS/EBG are receiving games from Rhino's inventories since a good chunk of games and items that have been impossible to find are starting to pop up.

Would have grabbed Marvel vs Capcom 2...but $60 is far too expensive for a used game. :\

Edit: I also noted a Steel Battalion controller that was lying around behind the counter at said EB Games. I forgot to ask how much they were charging for it.

[quote name='sarausagi']Red Ninja: quite possibly one of my favorite games ever. I realize there is TONS of bias, tons of BAD reviews, but please..do the following

Other than that, just enjoy the hot girl and entertaining ninja action = ) give it an honest chance, do not go in expecting ninja gaiden or tenchu, and you'll be just fine.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, and I might go back and try the tutorial!

I've got to play a little bit of it and so far I am enjoying it, the only thing I don't like is the camera, but for the price I think I got a decent game.

Well i sent my brother and he said there were some good prices on some stuff, pickings were slim at the two he went to He lives in Vancouver, WA, gamestops and EBs are all over the place. He got me DOA ultimate, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, and Jade Empire, $24 there. I might still pick up these games that he mentioned with reasonable prices Godfather, under $20, Midnight Club 3-#13, Silent Hill 4-$18, and/or Blitz the League $12. I was hoping to score some other games like Darkwatch, Lego Star Wars. Sega and Capcom Collections, Phantom Dust, Midway Arcade Classics 3 Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Call of Cthulu and Project Snowblind

Ugh. Looks like I have to head back to EB Games tomorrow. Upon inspecting my disc for Fable, it turns out they gave me the original Fable rather than the Lost Chapters version. Can't fathom the amount of times I've had that happen.

Tsukento I had the exact same problem with Ninja Gaiden Black. I finally get around to playing the game and.. it's not Black. Its NG.
grumps.gif

This sale reminds me how much stuff still isn't BC. :cry:

There's still a few things that I'll pick up though, hopefully tonight!

Has anyone noticed the used prices on Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2, Darkwatch, Fable: TLC, and Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction?

I checked their site but didn't see them.

Buldur's gate, Fable: TLC, halo 2, ninja gaiden black, are all above 9.99 (not in the 9.99 section) at my local store.

that makes the price comparable to or higher than some of the deals on ebay / half.com

[quote name='lightwarp']Buldur's gate, Fable: TLC, halo 2, ninja gaiden black, are all above 9.99 (not in the 9.99 section) at my local store[/QUOTE]
I just got Fable:TLC yesterday for $9.99. Maybe your store hasn't updated the price tags.

[quote name='dchadwell']This sale reminds me how much stuff still isn't BC. :cry: [/quote]
Tell me about it. I actually had to go out of my way and buy a used Xbox just so I could play the games I bought yesterday. :\

[quote name='Damian']I just got Fable:TLC yesterday for $9.99. Maybe your store hasn't updated the price tags.[/quote]

nah, i think my store is expensive because it's in a ritzy area... halo for 9.99 haloII for 12.99... i picked up soul calibur II 9 or 7 then saw half.com has it for 3.95. time to hit another store.

[quote name='Tsukento']Tell me about it. I actually had to go out of my way and buy a used Xbox just so I could play the games I bought yesterday. :\[/quote]
How much did you pay for it? I'm looking to buy a used xbox cheap after my first one finally died.

[quote name='lightwarp']nah, i think my store is expensive because it's in a ritzy area... halo for 9.99 haloII for 12.99... i picked up soul calibur II 9 or 7 then saw half.com has it for 3.95. time to hit another store.[/QUOTE]

Halo 2 has been $26.99 at every GameStop I've seen for about as long as I can remember. Halo used to be $9.99, now I see it's up to $12.99 on their website.

[quote name='AaronChance']How much did you pay for it? I'm looking to buy a used xbox cheap after my first one finally died.[/quote]
The used display said $109, but the receipt says $99.99. I also used the credit I had with my Edge Card, and it doesn't seem to indicate there was a discount made as well. So I believe the console used sells for $99.99.

[quote name='Tsukento']The used display said $109, but the receipt says $99.99. I also used the credit I had with my Edge Card, and it doesn't seem to indicate there was a discount made as well. So I believe the console used sells for $99.99.[/quote]

you got the 10% discount from the edge card. It works on used systems as well as games and accessories.

[quote name='Puffa469']you got the 10% discount from the edge card. It works on used systems as well as games and accessories.[/QUOTE]
It's not supposed to, and never has in my experience. Mine says on the back of it "Discounts apply to USED PRODUCTS ONLY: games, accessories and DVDs". Doesn't mention systems.

[quote name='Damian']It's not supposed to, and never has in my experience. Mine says on the back of it "Discounts apply to USED PRODUCTS ONLY: games, accessories and DVDs". Doesn't mention systems.[/QUOTE]

Edge card DOES NOT work on systems, used or new. Only games and accessories.

[quote name='Puffa469']you got the 10% discount from the edge card. It works on used systems as well as games and accessories.[/quote]
As they mentioned, it doesn't work on consoles. When I bought the system, it didn't have any mention of discounts listed on the receipt.

for clarification so i don't go to the cash register and look stupid...

i can stack BOTH my edge card 10% AND the 10% off game informer coupon with the buy 2 get 1 free correct?

[quote name='Tsukento']As they mentioned, it doesn't work on consoles. When I bought the system, it didn't have any mention of discounts listed on the receipt.[/quote]

hmmm.... I bought a used gameboy color once from EB and they gave me the 10%. But maybe that doesnt constitue a 'console' to them.

[quote name='angrysalad187']for clarification so i don't go to the cash register and look stupid...

i can stack BOTH my edge card 10% AND the 10% off game informer coupon with the buy 2 get 1 free correct?[/quote]

You should be able to. If they don't let you, they are being jerks.

[quote name='angrysalad187']for clarification so i don't go to the cash register and look stupid...

i can stack BOTH my edge card 10% AND the 10% off game informer coupon with the buy 2 get 1 free correct?[/quote] They should. I bought three used Xbox games, two used PSOne games, one used GameCube game and a used PS2 game. They still marked the highest priced Xbox game as part of that extra 10% promo, as well as the PS2 game and GameCube game. Coupon says it can't be combined with any other promo, yet it still marked the Xbox game, which was a part of a different promo and had an additional 10% marked off from the card.

Here is the official word on the Edge card. The card will get you 10% off used games/accessories/DVDs. It will not work on systems.

As far as the person that bought the xbox for $99.99 when the display said $109.99... there was a price drop and the employees at that particular store didn't change the labels. It has been $99.99 since about the middle of January.

Which also is further confusing for those that go to a store with an unchanged price since the site doesn't even have any offers for used Xbox consoles to check the price prior to visiting the store. I honestly didn't even know the price dropped until you mentioned it.

Remember to check your discs before you leave, people! Got Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (THIS GAME KICKS ASS), Manhunt, and Spider-Man 2 today, and Spider-Man 2 had some sort of acid spots all over the "read" side of the disc. I mean, I Disc-Doctored this bastard four times and the spots are still deep enough to feel when you rub your finger over them. It's like fucking braille, and they bought the damn thing back from someone. This is the fourth game out of maybe 15 total games I've bought from them that is unplayable off the bat.

[quote name='supershammy']Remember to check your discs before you leave, people! Got Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (THIS GAME KICKS ASS), Manhunt, and Spider-Man 2 today, and Spider-Man 2 had some sort of acid spots all over the "read" side of the disc. I mean, I Disc-Doctored this bastard four times and the spots are still deep enough to feel when you rub your finger over them. It's like fucking braille, and they bought the damn thing back from someone. This is the fourth game out of maybe 15 total games I've bought from them that is unplayable off the bat.[/quote]
Yet they'll exchange it and still sell it to some other poor bastard.

[quote name='lorne']Yet they'll exchange it and still sell it to some other poor bastard.[/quote]
Reminds me of one time where I bought a used copy of Street Fighter 3rd Strike for the Dreamcast, the game would not load at all on my system. I tried it out on two other Dreamcasts to be sure (belonging to my friends) and it still didn't work. Returned the game, asking for an exchange. Somehow, the guy managed to give me the same damn copy. Upon returning it again, the guy couldn't find any other copies. I just asked for my money back and saw him putting the display case back on the rack as I headed out.

its funny because the first store i went to (the one i thought was expensive) turns out had the best deal, and most game selection. AND on top of that, the guy was working on a box full of games, i asked him what it was, he said these are the ones that won't read / play. it looked like he was about to throw them out. they were scanning the bar code on every one of them and throwing them into a box.

i think i m gonna go back there to get halo2 and ninja gaiden black, any other games you guys recommend? is there like a "must play" list some where :)

Picked up Sneakers in the sale, hoping it'd be rare, but apparently it's not by looking at Ebay (although when I checked there was only two auctions going on)
Anyone know anything about that?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Picked up Sneakers in the sale, hoping it'd be rare, but apparently it's not by looking at Ebay (although when I checked there was only two auctions going on)
Anyone know anything about that?[/QUOTE]

I think it was only sold at tru and so the distribution on it was lower then all the other mass marketed games.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']I think it was only sold at tru and so the distribution on it was lower then all the other mass marketed games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's why I got excited when I saw it (and bought it)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Picked up Sneakers in the sale, hoping it'd be rare, but apparently it's not by looking at Ebay (although when I checked there was only two auctions going on)
Anyone know anything about that?[/quote]

it was only sold through tru, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in it from what i can tell... another example of these types of games is somethin' called freestyle soccer (don't quote me on that), where it was only available for rent, and later sale, at blockbuster... normally, those games end up bein' rare (indiana jones 64, for example), but sometimes, not for a long while...

as for what to pick up, for everyone, obviously halo 2 and ninja gaiden black, but it depends on what you like... dead or alive ultimate if you don't have doa4, the gta games, fable the lost chapters, and some more are worth pickin' up... it just depends on what you like

[quote name='lightwarp']
i think i m gonna go back there to get halo2 and ninja gaiden black, any other games you guys recommend? is there like a "must play" list some where :)[/quote]
I have a fever today, so I'm stuck in front of my computer with hindered reactions that prohibit me from playing all the fuckING HARD games I just bought. I'm about to go in-depth on your asses!

Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - The best comic book character game there is. Sandbox-style world with upwards of 50 combat moves from ripping cars in half to flicking people half a mile. Anything you think the Hulk can do, he does.

Either Brothers in Arms game - I know, I know. WWII games are tired. I'm right there with you! But BIA has something other WWII games don't - Inventive new mechanics! The perfect blend of FPS shooting and strategy controls (and I hate traditional strategy games). Command your squad to hold back, or look somewhere and make 'em rush that spot. Shout "SUPRESSING FIRE!" and flank those Kraut bastards while your troop distracts them!

NBA Street V3 - Arcade basketballer with a perfected tricking combo system. Bounce the ball off your opponent's head, toss it against the backboard, run up and catch it in mid-rebound and SLAM THAT SHIT! Turn off the tricks for some NBA Jam-style 3-on-3. Great four-player game!

Spider-Man 2 - Swinging around full-size New York is the most fun you will have not playing a game - once you earn enough moves, RPG-style.

Panzer Dragoon Orta
- the most beautiful XBOX game ever made, in my opinion, with a deep dragon-morphing rail shooter mechanic.

Manhunt - Incredibly dark plot and great stealth gameplay.

Psychonauts - I haven't played it yet, but there is a rabid cult following

Indigo Prophecy - the best adventure game I have played with Hollywood-quality production and an amazing soundtrack

Any of the Hitman games - The most 'sandbox'-oriented stealth series there is

Sega GT/Jet Set Radio Future - Just for Jet Set Radio Future. Ultra-intuitive platform/skating with my favorite soundtrack of anything, ever.

Burnout 3 - The best arcade racer on the XBOX.

Burnout 2 - The boost system in this incarnation makes it nerve-wrackingly intense. With your boost meter, you can only boost when it is completely full, and if you stop boosting you must fill it up again. However, if you completely use your boost meter (called a 'burnout'), you get a free refill - as long as you never let go of the boost button. You feel on the verge of losing control at all times. It's incredible!

Mercenaries - A very destructive game that makes you feel like you are in the middle of a war you are not a part of. Feel free to make yourself a part of it, though...

Gunvalkyrie - Incredibly hard shooter from Smilebit, the makers of two other games on this list: Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

SSX3 - the best in the SSX series, an arcade-style snowboarding game with one MASSIVE mountain. Board down your favorite parts of the mountain, or do all of them in one fluid run (Nearly an hour-long run!).

Thief: Deadly Shadows - From the makers of Deus Ex is a Thief game made specifically for the XBOX. Steal everything in sight!

The Warriors - Awesome brawler. The fighting system is perfect, and was later used in Bully. Play through the entire story mode with a friend!

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - Don't discount it because of the license, this game ABSOLUTELY ROCKS! Upgrade your character by kicking ass with combos, pulling off fatalities, and performing multalities. One of my favorite two-player co-op games, right up there with...

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - Haven't even seen the movie and hate the franchise, but this game is totally rad. Grab a friend and take on hordes of dudes with your buddy. The fighting system is great, and you can upgrade your characters with some sweet combos and special moves.

Dead or Alive 3 - Most accessable, yet deep, fighting system I know of. You know how much it sucks to play a fighter against someone who knows it when you have never played it before. DOA evens the score.

The Thing - Unique squad-based survival-horror shooter with a yet-to-be-replicated fear/trust system. Are your partners infected by the alien virus? Which one should you test to find out? If you test one and you're wrong, he may not trust you anymore. Give him a gun to calm his nerves...But what's that! A mutilated corpse? Oh no, your buddy pissed his pants! Better take his gun before he - BAM! - shoots himself.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - rarely will you spend more than 60 hours on a game, by choice. GTA:SA is one of those rare occasions.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - When was the last time a game had a great running-from-the-cops mechanic? Not since the original Driver, in my opinion. NFS:MW brings it back, in full force!

Conker: Live and Reloaded - If you never played the N64 original, buy this game for the single-player mode. It's the funniest game I have ever played (although that's not saying much, games aren't often funny), but seriously. It's hilarious. Also, the platforming gameplay is perfect, and the additional sequences - such as a Saving Private Ryan third-person shooting sequence, a Matrix hallway shootout complete with destructable environments and bullet time, and a raptor-riding boss-fighting battle - control perfectly and are executed flawlessly.

Shenmue 2 - Haven't played it yet because I don't want to be left with the ultimate cliffhanger indefinitely (Shenmue III is NOT in production), but Shenmue was a brilliant game with an engaging story and I can't see Shenmue 2 screwing that up in any way.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - Street Fighter II and the more complex Street Fighter III. No explaination needed.

That's all I've got for now.

EDIT: Reformatted.
EDIT2: Added a couple games to the end.

bread's done
Back