Buy 2 Get 1 Free PS3 Games Target - YMMV

hotrocks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Buy 2 Get 1 Free PS3 Games. Free game must be equal or lesser value. Valid on all games $59.99 or less, so all regular games pretty much.

I found it on the inside slip of the front cover of the ad...it seems to be YMMV.

I'm in Maryland, others in Texas, Minnesota, Alabama, Oklahoma Virginia, Tennessee, Illinois, South Carolina, North Dakota have it. Florida, Nevada, California, New York, Arizona people do not.
You can check your area's ad on line by changing your zip code to see who and who doesn't have it.

Scan thanks to CocheseUGA

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='justin37']does target give gift receipts?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

But when you return it, they see the receipt. So if you bought 2 and got one free, then tried to return one of the paid games, I would hope you wouldn't get the full price of the game back.

Like the TRU B2G1, it depends on how their computers work the sale. If it's $20 off each game, then you probably can't use placeholders. If it's two $60s and a $0 then you probably can.

I'll pass. I'm not paying $40 for a $60 game which will eventually drop lower than that anyway at some point.

Thanks, might use this to get Rockband 2 + CoD 5 then pick up CoD 4 for free and sell to my friend for $50 :D

[quote name='arashb']Thanks, might use this to get Rockband 2 + CoD 5 then pick up CoD 4 for free and sell to my friend for $50 :D[/quote]

lol...pretty harsh

I just went to my local best buy tonight and they said they would honor it as long as Target has the ones I want in stock.

I'm picking up Resistance 2, LBP, and Motor Storm PR (a possible placeholder) + I have $20 in reward zone coupons.

I just checked the weekly ad online at my store and this is not showing up anywhere. Maybe the actual ad will? Gotta find one later today.

whoever is trying to do placeholder stratgy...just tell them that they are gifts for friends and ask for individual gift receipts for each one. wait for the game you want to release and go return the game with the GIFT RECEIPT and say you got the game as a present but already have the game so you want to return for another.

never tried it at target but it worked when i did it at TRU for their B2G1 deal

[quote name='dash421']whoever is trying to do placeholder stratgy...just tell them that they are gifts for friends and ask for individual gift receipts for each one. wait for the game you want to release and go return the game with the GIFT RECEIPT and say you got the game as a present but already have the game so you want to return for another.

never tried it at target but it worked when i did it at TRU for their B2G1 deal[/quote]
Not proven for Target but most likely will not work.

Target will let you return these in any quantity. All, 0ne, or two of them. They will credit you the game price - 33% of the price. If all you want is LBP you can go in and buy three games and return two and you will be paying $40 +tax for it. Because the system works like this the placeholder strategy that works for TRuS most likely will not work. Feel free to try and post back your results.

[quote name='spiderdog']Does the paper ad have this sale because the online ad does not have this sale.[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on where you live. I live in the panhandle of Florida and it is not in my paper ad or my online weekly ad, but if I change the zipcode of my weekly add online to somewhere else like Birmingham, AL or Minneapolis, MN it is in that ad.

The bigger question is if it is not in your local ad, will it be available in-store at your location????

This wasn't in the Target ad for south Florida either. I want Valkyria, but I figure I can get my strategy-RPG fix with the Shining Force games included in the Genesis Collection coming out in a couple of weeks.

[quote name='phrmcst']I think it depends on where you live. I live in the panhandle of Florida and it is not in my paper ad or my online weekly ad, but if I change the zipcode of my weekly add online to somewhere else like Birmingham, AL or Minneapolis, MN it is in that ad.

The bigger question is if it is not in your local ad, will it be available in-store at your location????[/QUOTE]

Most likely why it wasn't in the ad thread. That's a good question, though.

The whole "placeholder" idea isn't going to work at Target. Any time they have a B2G1, they discount all 3 titles and it's printed quite clearly on your receipt that if you return one of the items, you'll get $xx.xx back. You can bet the gift receipts are programmed to reflect this as well.

[quote name='spiderdog']Ok, has anyone got this in paper ad?[/quote]

I do, it's in the AJC's flyer/ad but several cities are reporting this as not in their ad.

Looks like Target may be "targeting" their ads regionally (which would suck because it would make certain deals not national).

I am really surprised my ad (Texas) has the offer. I have seen companies target certain regions before but can recall any of the deal right now.

for people saying its not on the online add try going to the end I did not see it in my area until the 20-21 page.. I do not have the actual paper one to confirm though but online is as good so im cool.

Well, FL is definitely not targeted for this deal. We have a 24 page ad, while I saw some other places that do have the ad have 22 pages. Oh well...

No ad in NH, on the flap it has a deal for 0% on a tv. Bummer:cry: Looks like Im going to BB to get Bioshock for 29.99 and use the 10.00 coupon:D

I know BB price matching is a YMMV, but what's the best way to find out? By going to your local BB or? I wouldn't mind getting Resistance 2 and 2 place holder games, using 1 for KZ2 next month, and then maybe some other game for $60, not sure which though. I've never done price matching so I dunno what a good strategy is. I also have 2 K-Marts, 2 Wal-Marts, and a Sears (unsure if they sell games). So if there is a better place to PM please let me know.

I'm in minneapolis and I think I am going to head out and grab R2, VC (if I can find it), and probably CoD:WOW or that Star Wars game.

Some of you keep talking about Skate 2 though. Decent enough game?

About the place holder thing. I do it at Toys R Us everytime they run this promotion, just make sure the free game is the one you plan on keeping because TRU makes you keep it so I would imagine Target will as well.

[quote name='kingotnw']
About the place holder thing. I do it at Toys R Us everytime they run this promotion, just make sure the free game is the one you plan on keeping because TRU makes you keep it so I would imagine Target will as well.[/QUOTE]

The only problem is TRU uses a half assed computer system (think back to all those glitches with the green tag clearance) while I'm sure Target uses a much better computer system. I'd be surprised if Target lets you do that.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The whole "placeholder" idea isn't going to work at Target. Any time they have a B2G1, they discount all 3 titles and it's printed quite clearly on your receipt that if you return one of the items, you'll get $xx.xx back. You can bet the gift receipts are programmed to reflect this as well.[/quote]

Anyone have an idea as to what would happen if you tried exchanged all three purchased at once? Because each is discounted (supposedly), are you locked into only exchanging for the discounted amounts?

yeah i was thinking that sizzlorr, that seems like the best way to do it possibly? im hopefully gonna find out to day ..i might just straight up ask the guy how i can use this deal, but get a game that comes out in a month.

[quote name='sizzlorr']
Anyone have an idea as to what would happen if you tried exchanged all three purchased at once? Because each is discounted (supposedly), are you locked into only exchanging for the discounted amounts?
[/QUOTE]

They aren't going to give you $180 credit for things you only paid $120 for. Take that however you need to.

If they are all on the slip, they have to let you return things within the policy. An unopened item would be within that i'm sure. Can anyone confirm how they are rung up?

If its 59.99, 59.99, 0.00 then you're good to exchange I would think.
If it is a per item discount then you're going to have to pay the difference.

It's not in the online ad for Pittsburgh area. Has anyone gone to the store and seen this without seeing the deal in their online flyer?

[quote name='Viol8tor']NICEE!!!!!!

I can score little big planet and uncharted, but not sure what to pick as my 3rd game.

I already have Ressi.2 and MGS4. Im looking for PS3 exclusives. any help?[/quote]

Don't get your hopes up for Uncharted. It was clearanced at Target ages ago.

[quote name='the_punisher']Oh, IT'S ON!

Valkyria Chronicles
LBP
Heavenly Sword
RaC:FToD
Warhawk

Need anything else?[/quote]

Target doesn't stock Valkyria Chronicles in store and Heavenly Sword + Ratchet and Clank went on clearance a while back.

Uncharted was clearanced out about 2 months ago i highly doubt you guys will find it still left in the stores

[quote name='lawdood']Not in the physical ad in the Sacramento Bee this morning so I'm guessing this may not apply to Nor Cal.[/quote]

Nice I'm in Sac as well.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Worst case, I buy R2 and 2 games I don't want, and sell them for near full price on ebay.[/quote]

The value of games has fallen significantly and it shows on ebay as well. You will lose around $15 from face value. Even Skate 2 is $45 on there and it just came out.

bread's done
Back