Buy 2 Get 1 Free PS3 Greatest Hits - Bestbuy.com

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
link

Heavy Rain is not listed but GoW3 and Uncharted 2 GOTY are. Hopefully Amazon will match and show Best Buy how these things are done.

Edit: And Uncharted 2 GOTY is currently backordered. Deal is also in store as posted here

Edit 2: Heavy Rain should work along with the others in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
just came back from BB. Uncharted 2 sold out...and I manage to pick up 2 heavy rain and mod nation racer....was going to pm in target but they refuse to honor so went back to BB to buy it.

[quote name='Astroranagun']just came back from BB. Uncharted 2 sold out...and I manage to pick up 2 heavy rain and mod nation racer....was going to pm in target but they refuse to honor so went back to BB to buy it.[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you an Uncharted 2 for a Heavy Rain if you want.

Real tempted by Modnation Racers, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted 2, but I can't make myself spend that much especially with so many other games to play. Oh well. If Amazon matches I have credit to burn so that will be good.

Is it likely Amazon.com will match this deal? and when they usually do, how long does it take them to match it?

Im worried because my trade in doesn't arrive till next monday and I won't have my credit any time soon...

I tried picking up Heavy Rain and two other games, but it didnt ring up automatically (I waited for the clerk to hit total) and they wouldnt let me have the deal. The manager stated that it wasnt GH since it wasnt in the GH packaging. I told them they all rang up $29.99 for a reason. You arent having a sale on it, so why would the $29.99 price ring up? They wouldnt bugde and I am not going to argue for more than a few minutes. I can just save the $60 and buy other games or find them cheaper later online somewhere. Oh well.

[quote name='dmcgeehan87']I'll trade you an Uncharted 2 for a Heavy Rain if you want.[/QUOTE]

arrgh!!! didnt read your post earlier!! :bomb:

i went to target just now and just found out that it's not GOTY edition. just bought the GOTY in walmart online until i see your post.....:cry:

[quote name='Astroranagun']arrgh!!! didnt read your post earlier!! :bomb:

i went to target just now and just found out that it's not GOTY edition. just bought the GOTY in walmart online until i see your post.....:cry:[/QUOTE]

Well Walmart offers free returns :). Let me know what you decide to do. Thanks!

I managed to pick up uncharted, uncharted 2 GOTY, and god of war collection. Was hoping to find heavy rain but had no luck. I had to go to 2 best buys just to get uncharted 2 since it was in such low amounts in nyc. If i can find Heavy Rain in any best buy by the end of the week i will trade my god of war collection for it. Is it true that Heavy Rain is out of print? =/
Makes no sense since it just became greatest hits.

Edit: Never mind...this is nuts...and a sign I should just put this particular sale out of my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy on 44th street in Manhattan had a horrible selection. I wanted MK vs DC, Motorstorm, and M.A.G. but they only had MK vs DC in stock. They literally had tons of Ninja Gaiden Sigmas. But one of the workers showed me the ad and he said that the games listed in the ad would all ring up with the sale even if they aren't in GH packaging.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']Best Buy on 44th street in Manhattan had a horrible selection. I wanted MK vs DC, Motorstorm, and M.A.G. but they only had MK vs DC in stock. They literally had tons of Ninja Gaiden Sigmas. But one of the workers showed me the ad and he said that the games listed in the ad would all ring up with the sale even if they aren't in GH packaging.[/QUOTE]

You should try the best buy near Union square. Its 62nd and broadway i think. Also the one on 23rd street and 6th av or something. Their selection is a bit better and they have most listed. Uncharted 2 very hard to find as of now as i took the last copy in the Manhattan area at the time but employees said they would restock it next day. But if you see a place with heavy rain let me know please.

Well unfortunately my local BB did not have Heavy Rain. Was going to get Heavy Rain, GOW3, and Modnation Racers but without Heavy Rain it was definitely a no go. Everything else they had was either stuff I didn't want or already have.

I have an extra non-GH Modnation Racers from the BB deal. I'd like to trade it for a non-GH Heavy Rain but would consider other new titles. I already have pretty much all the other GH titles that I wanted although I'd like a non-GH PSP LBP.

I think if it was more clear which games were actually going to ring up properly, this would have worked for me. I saw B2G1 on stuff that wasn't GH and nothing on stuff that was. It was all confusing and annoying.

I bought uncharted 2 goty the week before this sale (I already opened it). Would they allow me to bring in my receipt and pay for another greatest hits game to get a free one?

[quote name='hotstud19us']I bought uncharted 2 goty the week before this sale (I already opened it). Would they allow me to bring in my receipt and pay for another greatest hits game to get a free one?[/QUOTE]

I have tried this before and they did not allow me to do it. They have to be within the same transaction during the week of the sale. You could simply return an unopen item then the cashier can charge you again for the item you returned along with the other 2 games so they are in the same transaction of the b2g1 free week sale.

[quote name='hotstud19us']I bought uncharted 2 goty the week before this sale (I already opened it). Would they allow me to bring in my receipt and pay for another greatest hits game to get a free one?[/QUOTE]
Simply buy 3 qualified game with the promotion and return a sealed Uncharted with your old receipt.

Went to 4 Bestbuys in New York (Atlantic Center, SoHo, Chelsea) and didn't see a single copy of Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain greatest hits. Hopefully one of those stores will have a copy before the end of the sale.:whistle2:/

Daaaaaaang, tons of great games listed. My problem is I already own too many of them.

I want God of War III (didn't realize it had hit Greatest Hits! Just finished Chains of Olympus, 1 and 2). And I'd take Modnation racers to round this out...but don't have a third game. Heavy Rain would be perfect for me. Not sure I want to mess with in store though.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Heavy Rain would be perfect for me. Not sure I want to mess with in store though.[/QUOTE]
thats if you can actually find it. I've been to several stores in my area, not a single copy of Heavy Rain

[quote name='goukill1120']Went to 4 Bestbuys in New York (Atlantic Center, SoHo, Chelsea) and didn't see a single copy of Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain greatest hits. Hopefully one of those stores will have a copy before the end of the sale.:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

I must have hit 5 stores just looking for Heavy Rain and scored the last one at Atlantic Center. Uncharted 2 was still available at 62 St. (near Columbus Circle) as of yesterday morning along with God of War III.

Now I have to go through the hassle of returning Modnation Racers from my B2G1F purchase and get them to apply Heavy Rain into it. Probably have to return everything and do a re-buy at the customer service area.

[quote name='ml_paladin888']thats if you can actually find it. I've been to several stores in my area, not a single copy of Heavy Rain[/QUOTE]

[quote name='consoleman']I must have hit 5 stores just looking for Heavy Rain and scored the last one at Atlantic Center. Uncharted 2 was still available at 62 St. (near Columbus Circle) as of yesterday morning along with God of War III.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I don't know that I even want to bother...wastes 90 minutes of my time, gas money, stress, and I probably won't find it anyway. Plus I've only got the one store, realistically...I suppose I could blow ANOTHER three hours going to the other one, but geez...at that point I could just order it from Amazon and save myself 5 hours and a lot of money :lol:

Guess Best Buy must not have enough stock of it.

[quote name='goukill1120']Went to 4 Bestbuys in New York (Atlantic Center, SoHo, Chelsea) and didn't see a single copy of Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain greatest hits. Hopefully one of those stores will have a copy before the end of the sale.:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Just checked my local B&M and it was gutted. The sale did have a sign in the GH area but much of the older titles were left. No copies of Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, and no copies of any GH titles noted within the last year. They did have copies of Resistance 2 but nothing I already didn't have.

I found out yesterday that only 2 stores in my state had a copy of Heavy Rain. The closest one to me is 75 miles one way. At 150 miles total + my time to go, it is not worth it. I'll wait and catch it some other time.

Why did BB stop stocking Heavy Rain and/or pull it?

I also had trouble getting the promo to work with the following game combination : Uncharted 2 GOTY, Heavy Rain, and Batman AA GOTY . The BBY manager kept saying only the specific titles in the ad will work, despite the ANY GREATEST HITS and MORE TITLES IN STORES print. It's really frustrating to always have to fight/argue about Best Buy's own deals and broken system.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I also had trouble getting the promo to work with the following game combination : Uncharted 2 GOTY, Heavy Rain, and Batman AA GOTY . The BBY manager kept saying only the specific titles in the ad will work, despite the ANY GREATEST HITS and MORE TITLES IN STORES print. It's really frustrating to always have to fight/argue about Best Buy's own deals and broken system.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the Best Buy manager needs a reading comprehension course. ALSO why I didn't bother going :whistle2:/ I can't tell you how many times I feel like I'm a criminal or something for trying to get AN ADVERTISED OFFER :roll:

If anyone can pick up or has picked up an extra copy of Heavy Rain, lemme know and maybe we can work out a deal for it.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I also had trouble getting the promo to work with the following game combination : Uncharted 2 GOTY, Heavy Rain, and Batman AA GOTY . The BBY manager kept saying only the specific titles in the ad will work, despite the ANY GREATEST HITS and MORE TITLES IN STORES print. It's really frustrating to always have to fight/argue about Best Buy's own deals and broken system.[/QUOTE]

The problem is if it doesnt have a GH label, they dont beleive you. To a non gamer either the system has to work on its own, or it should say GH on the game itself. This is the problem I posted about on the last page. I didnt want to argue further or bother surfin the web on my phone to get it. I can spend $60 on something else.

What a fucking joke Best Buy has become! I literally just got in a huge argument with an employee while trying to buy Modnation, R & C: Crack in Time and Uncharted 2 GOTY. He said I could not do it because U2 and Modnatio n were not greatest hits. I showed him the website and everything. He said that to be included in the deal they HAD to be the GH versions with the red case. What a fucking joke! I hate that fucking place more and more each time I go, I will not even fucking bother anymore. I feel like going back and beating the shit out of that asshole!

Can't you argue by using the sku number on the back of the box? Aren't the skus identical between greatest hits and non-greatest hits, so their system basically should identify it as the exact same title?

[quote name='brewin']What a fucking joke Best Buy has become! I literally just got in a huge argument with an employee while trying to buy Modnation, R & C: Crack in Time and Uncharted 2 GOTY. He said I could not do it because U2 and Modnatio n were not greatest hits. I showed him the website and everything. He said that to be included in the deal they HAD to be the GH versions with the red case. What a fucking joke! I hate that fucking place more and more each time I go, I will not even fucking bother anymore. I feel like going back and beating the shit out of that asshole![/QUOTE]

That's garbage, pure and simple on their part. Just 2 weeks ago I strolled into BB and I couldn't believe I actually found R&C: ACiT non-GH/black labeled version for the GH price. Red label/case or not is irrelevant to the title's GH status.

Next time do not bother with the employee, get his name, and go directly to the manager. If you find the manager to be an illogical douchebag, get his name and take it to the regional manager and state how frustrating and rude they both were. Once you go to the corporate level, they will take care of you...and then they will take care of those who caused you grief.

That's why I like Josh so much. When peeps here were grieved by Kmart employees/managers for deals they knew little or nothing about...he'd contact them personally. This was occurring in the beginning for quite a few people...Josh took care of it and now you barely hear of in-store staff issues with their customers.

I went earlier and was told that Heavy Rain wouldn't work (because it has to have the RED GH shit on it but yet they had signage out in front of GoW3 and no GH case) but then I got up to the register with Modnation, LBP and, HR and it work perfectly after he hit subtotal. I was ready for an argument and everything.

Just wondering, what day of the week to best buys usually get their game shippements? I would think that they should be receiving the red boxed heavy rains some time soon. If it comes before saturday definitely going to get one with some other two games (probably MNR and somthing else).

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']That's garbage, pure and simple on their part. Just 2 weeks ago I strolled into BB and I couldn't believe I actually found R&C: ACiT non-GH/black labeled version for the GH price. Red label/case or not is irrelevant to the title's GH status.

Next time do not bother with the employee, get his name, and go directly to the manager. If you find the manager to be an illogical douchebag, get his name and take it to the regional manager and state how frustrating and rude they both were. Once you go to the corporate level, they will take care of you...and then they will take care of those who caused you grief.

That's why I like Josh so much. When peeps here were grieved by Kmart employees/managers for deals they knew little or nothing about...he'd contact them personally. This was occurring in the beginning for quite a few people...Josh took care of it and now you barely hear of in-store staff issues with their customers.[/QUOTE]

That's why I won't even fux with best buy anymore. I figured id give them one more shot for this deal, but screw that. Definitely sticking to kmart for the foreseeable future.

Im still so fucking heated though. I want that douchebags job or to bitch slap him so I will be taking this issue as far as I can.

[quote name='brewin']That's why I won't even fux with best buy anymore. I figured id give them one more shot for this deal, but screw that. Definitely sticking to kmart for the foreseeable future.

Im still so fucking heated though. I want that douchebags job or to bitch slap him so I will be taking this issue as far as I can.[/QUOTE]

Go to their Facebook page and to their forums and bitch about it seriously I have read a lot of people on thre complaining and had issues fixed. Mention dudes name and location too (least I would I can't stand these douche bag managers or asst managers that think they are the ones actually losing money out of their pockets)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, that's why I don't know that I even want to bother...wastes 90 minutes of my time, gas money, stress, and I probably won't find it anyway. Plus I've only got the one store, realistically...I suppose I could blow ANOTHER three hours going to the other one, but geez...at that point I could just order it from Amazon and save myself 5 hours and a lot of money :lol:

Guess Best Buy must not have enough stock of it.[/QUOTE]Or you can call the store and ask if it's in stock. derp derp

[quote name='Supreme0ne']man. i dont have god of war 3, uncharted 2, heavy rain, demons souls, infamous or the ratchet games. been trying to cut back on my game purchases because of a huge backlog, but these are mostly all must have games. ugh[/QUOTE]

These are indeed some great games.
You can get them even cheaper right now with the Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 deal at GoHastings, though. They each run for about 20 bucks used (except Heavy Rain), and then you get all 3 for about $45 rather than 3 for $60.
Worth a look for comparison, at least.

[quote name='orion1998_1']can the gh or older HR be played with the move or only the move edition?[/QUOTE]
both have move through an update

[quote name='bruceg']Can't you argue by using the sku number on the back of the box? Aren't the skus identical between greatest hits and non-greatest hits, so their system basically should identify it as the exact same title?[/QUOTE]

I picked up Uncharted 2:GOTY (clear case with no GH label), Infamous (red case), and Assassin's Creed II (red case) at the Macedonia, OH location, but I needed an override since the register didn't automatically apply the deal.

The cashier and manager thought Uncharted 2 was the problem, so they were reluctant to give me the deal. I politely pointed out how the game was listed in the ad; the manager eventually noticed that the SKU was the same on any GOTY version, GH or not, so they gave me the deal.

Just recently bought a PS3 sooo I totally took advantage of this sale. FREAKIN GREAT STUFF!!!

Ending up getting:

God of War III
Uncharted 2
GTA: Episodes of Liberty City

Infamous
Batman: AA
Assasin's Creed II

@ Nintendocleveland: yeah ran into a similiar problem with the whole overriding.

It seems that as long as the games are in their GH cases they wont have a problem overriding but they still give you a hassle and take time to look at their Ad to see if they can allow it.

Poor Staff. i guess it not totally their fault its just corporate whose not putting all GH titles into the sale causing all this confusion and stuff.

For those of you who don't really care for the mostly multiplayer stuff that I think the vouchers in Uncharted 2 GOTY add or can't find another two games to get in on this sale at BB with, the vanilla edition of Uncharted 2 is $19.99 at Blockbuster and God Of War III is only $9.99 there.

Just another option for my fellow CAG's to consider.

And before someone says the used games at BBV will be all scratched to crap and incomplete, a good percentage of the ones I bought during the last BOGO sale there were mint/complete since stores have been instructed to keep the manuals/artwork/extra cases behind the counter anymore.;)

bread's done
Back