Buy 2, Get 1 Free Select Titles at Amazon

getfckedx

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]18997[/IMG-R]Partially matching Best Buy's Sunday ad promotion, Amazon is running a buy 2, get 1 free sale on select titles. Be sure NOT to use 1-Click checkout or the discount will not apply. The promotion likely ends January 22nd.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2, Get 1 Free Select Titles at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xdeath452x']Can't beat bestbuys buy 2 get 1 right now. Lots of good clearance collectors editions and better selection than amazon.
gam.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks dog.. imma check it out. ;)

[quote name='Xdeath452x']Can't beat bestbuys buy 2 get 1 right now. Lots of good clearance collectors editions and better selection than amazon.[/QUOTE]

Downside though is that everything is basically MRSP (including most CEs) plux tax and shipping.

[quote name='Xdeath452x']Can't beat bestbuys buy 2 get 1 right now. Lots of good clearance collectors editions and better selection than amazon.[/QUOTE]

I also just checked, and altho their selection is bigger and better, as tossin mentioned, the games are more expensive than their counterpart on Amazon, plus tax and shipping.

Sucks that my BestBuy destroys the CE games with their horrible spider tags.

There's some PSP games I want to get, I'm just waiting on that $25 dollar gift certificate in the mail before I jump on the deal... god I hope it gets here in time before the deal is over.

sweeet!!!! i literally just picked up a PS3 1 week ago with uncharted. so heres my haul

inFAMOUS (PS3) $27.99
Killzone 2 (PS3) $27.50
Ghost Trick (DS) FREE

with shipping grand total $62.94

[quote name='kaseius']I expect pictures in the G&T pick up thread![/QUOTE]

A fellow crossover poster. :) Sorry to disappoint, but I've resisted and will probably be able to hold out. The backlog is ginormous!

[quote name='sublime90']sweeet!!!! i literally just picked up a PS3 1 week ago with uncharted. so heres my haul

inFAMOUS (PS3) $27.99
Killzone 2 (PS3) $27.50
Ghost Trick (DS) FREE

with shipping grand total $62.94[/QUOTE]

I don't want to rain on your parade, but that's quite expensive for Infamous and Killzone 2.

To me anyway.

Checking out BBs right now.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']He had credit to apply, in which case he did not actually pick up those 3 games for $35, but $35 after applying his credit. I don't know why people do that.[/QUOTE]

People with little math and logic skills are keeping retailers alive.

[quote name='Amblix']I don't want to rain on your parade, but that's quite expensive for Infamous and Killzone 2.

To me anyway.

Checking out BBs right now.[/QUOTE]
Back on Black Friday, Amazon had KZ2 and Infamous for $10 each. I realize that was Black Friday, but still, $28 is pretty steep for both of those games.

[quote name='sublime90']thats fine i feel comfortable paying less than 30 bucks for each of those.[/QUOTE]

gohastings has those games around 10-15 bucks used so when they have thier usual b2g1free you could have gotten those 3 games for the price you paid for 1

[quote name='Fatbot3']Transformers is one of the new breed "still mediocre but way better than you would think" licensed games. I held out around the $25 mark with some GS sale but with B2G1 its a similar deal.

Multiplayer I'm sure is a ghost town now though.[/QUOTE]

I may say it's a very populated ghost town, I saw yesterday (Monday) over 900 players online, I tried the escalation online mode with a bunch of strangers and it was cool.
A friend and I just started this week the co-op online story mode campaign and we are having a blast, great action game IMHO.

[quote name='JoshTX']I wanna grab Kirby's Epic Yarn and the Sly collection, but not sure what to get as a third $40-ish game.[/QUOTE]
I'm looking for the same deal...

[quote name='Ionotropic']I'm looking for the same deal...[/QUOTE]

Red Dead Redemption if you haven't played it yet or Borderlands: GOTY looks like a good value.

the prices are terrible except for borderlands goty and a few others. $28 for nier? $28 for Infamous? I paid only $10 for Infamous on black friday...

[quote name='TraBuch']Back on Black Friday, Amazon had KZ2 and Infamous for $10 each. I realize that was Black Friday, but still, $28 is pretty steep for both of those games.[/QUOTE]

He got his ps3 a week ago so he could get that deal and for the other guy who told him he got ripped off hes stupid too casue its 26.99 used at gamestop killzone 2 is 19.99 so he paid about 10.00 more then he should have and got a game for free. I say thats a win.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Red Dead Redemption if you haven't played it yet or Borderlands: GOTY looks like a good value.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I totally would have bit on Borderlands GOTY but I've already got it...anyone care to give their impressions of BlazBlue?? I'm into fighting games but i've avoided picking that one up because people have said it's hard to play/learn in comparison to a game like SF4.

[quote name='Orb01']In for Ghost Trick and the two Layton games.[/QUOTE]

Definitely the best choices out of this deal.

Games I would like to get, but aren't part of this deal:

Katamari Forever
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Alana Wake
Tomb Raider Underworld

[quote name='Curufinwe']Games I would like to get, but aren't part of this deal:

Katamari Forever
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Alana Wake
Tomb Raider Underworld[/QUOTE]

I think Katamri Forever was really cheap on newegg.com, it was like 15 bucks or so, but they may have sold out. Alan Wake you can pick up pretty cheap now also. And for Tomb Raider, I would just wait until that 3 game trilogy compilation comes out that includes Underworld, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and another one of the tomb raider games (can't remember the name.)

[quote name='JoshTX']I think Katamri Forever was really cheap on newegg.com, it was like 15 bucks or so, but they may have sold out. Alan Wake you can pick up pretty cheap now also. And for Tomb Raider, I would just wait until that 3 game trilogy compilation comes out that includes Underworld, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and another one of the tomb raider games (can't remember the name.)[/QUOTE]

Tomb Raider Legend, which I happen to think is the best of the three.

[quote name='Karkian']Tomb Raider Legend, which I happen to think is the best of the three.[/QUOTE]

There's a bug in the 360 version that if you do something prior to an event in the game then you will not be able to progress (unless you have an old save far in advance to that situation.) A patch was never released for those who ran into the bug either. :roll: Gotta love how they put out broken games like these then the companies whine about used games eating their profits.

I got:

Borderlands GOTY
Fallout 3 GOTY
Assassin's Creed 2
Halo Wars
Left For Dead 2
God of War: Ghosts of Sparta

I'm gonna hold off on Red Dead Redemption because knowing Rockstar they'll be releasing a GOTY version of that sometime this year that includes all the DLC.

I'm considering buying Fallout 3 GOTY, Borderlands GOTY and RE5: Gold for my new PS3 (bought on Black Friday). I have all 3 for 360 already but without any of the expansions. With the $25 credit I have from buying my PS3, it would come down to $49 from $74. Hard to pass up, but will any of these get cheaper? Even if I didn't have a credit it would only be $25 a game...

I've already played Legend and Anniversary so I'm only really interested in Underworld. It's only $15 on PSN so I might just get it there.

I got Vanquish, Prinny 2 and Deathsmiles for my friend who is having trouble finding it. After his reimbursement, I get Prinny 2 and Vanquish for just over 40 bucks :)

Picked up God of War Collection, Ghost Trick and Kirby's Epic Yarn for $67 shipped. I'm happy paying $22.33 for each game. Thanks OP.

[quote name='spacenad']I'm considering buying Fallout 3 GOTY, Borderlands GOTY and RE5: Gold for my new PS3 (bought on Black Friday). I have all 3 for 360 already but without any of the expansions. With the $25 credit I have from buying my PS3, it would come down to $49 from $74. Hard to pass up, but will any of these get cheaper? Even if I didn't have a credit it would only be $25 a game...[/QUOTE]

The lowest I've seen those games is:

FO3GOTY: $36 at Amazon and other retailers.
Borderlands GOTY: $30 for Cyber Monday at Amazon.
RE5 GE: $20 for Cyber Monday at Amazon.

For $25 a piece is a good deal. Your gonna have a lot of gaming hours for the bucks your are paying.
I say go for it champ! :)

[quote name='FerDK']The lowest I've seen those games is:

FO3GOTY: $36 at Amazon and other retailers.
Borderlands GOTY: $30 for Cyber Monday at Amazon.
RE5 GE: $20 for Cyber Monday at Amazon.

For $25 a piece is a good deal. Your gonna have a lot of gaming hours for the bucks your are paying.
I say go for it champ! :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, theres a whole lot of content between those three games. Borderlands and Fallout 3 can become serious grindfests if you want to level up and complete the side quests to get all the trophies/achievements. I've also logged some serious hours with the Mercenaries mode on RE5. Prepare to spend alot of time on the couch with those three.

Anyone know how long this offer will last?

I think this offer is best for games that rarely drop in price. Like Nintendo and Atlus games such as Professor Layton, Kirby, Etrian Odyssey 3 etc. Other games we can usually find it cheap already before this sale.

[quote name='JoshTX']Yeah, theres a whole lot of content between those three games. Borderlands and Fallout 3 can become serious grindfests if you want to level up and complete the side quests to get all the trophies/achievements. I've also logged some serious hours with the Mercenaries mode on RE5. Prepare to spend alot of time on the couch with those three.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I went ahead and bit on these. It's been a while since I played them and it should be a huge amount of game time for the price. Now I just need to get to playing them! Damn backlog...

Why can't Sonic Colors (Wii) be part of this promotion? I'd expected some deals on it by now, but the majority of retailers are practically pretending it doesn't exist. :/

I'm thinking of getting 3 of these:

Ghost Trick Phantom Detective
Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals
Etrian Odyssey III
Super Mario 64 DS
Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box

Can't really decide. I have a $25 GC to use, so it would almost get me a 2nd game free. I hope this is still going on Saturday. It should be, but...

[quote name='sublime90']sweeet!!!! i literally just picked up a PS3 1 week ago with uncharted. so heres my haul

inFAMOUS (PS3) $27.99
Killzone 2 (PS3) $27.50
Ghost Trick (DS) FREE

with shipping grand total $62.94[/QUOTE]

Those are some great PS3 games but they can be found cheaper at times. As long as you get the value out of them is all that matters.

[quote name='Altanis']I'm thinking of getting 3 of these:

Etrian Odyssey III
Super Mario 64 DS

Can't really decide. I have a $25 GC to use, so it would almost get me a 2nd game free. I hope this is still going on Saturday. It should be, but...[/QUOTE]
If you look around, you might be able to buy Professor Layton and Super Mario 64 DS for roughly what you could save from this sale, IMO.

[quote name='sadboy']If you look around, you might be able to buy Professor Layton and Super Mario 64 DS for roughly what you could save from this sale, IMO.[/QUOTE]
Where are you finding them that cheap? I can't find either of them new for what you're claiming.

[quote name='miriamleo']Looks like they just added LittleBigPlanet 2 and Mass Effect 2 into the deal.[/QUOTE]

my preorder LBP 2 still hasnt shipped, wonder if theres anyway to combine the two offers?

yeah- when ME2 isnt in my cart, the deal works. when i add it to my cart, all 3 games ring up normal price. it must not be in their system yet. too bad it wasnt working during the $20 promo- b2g1f w/ $20 promo would've been awesome.

[quote name='Altanis']I'm thinking of getting 3 of these:

Etrian Odyssey III
Super Mario 64 DS

Can't really decide. I have a $25 GC to use, so it would almost get me a 2nd game free. I hope this is still going on Saturday. It should be, but...[/QUOTE]

That's funny cause I was thinking of getting Prof Layton,Ghost Trick and Lufia. I already have the other 2.

bread's done
Back