Buy 2, Get 1 Free Video Game Sale at Amazon

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]18997[/IMG-R]Matching Target's Sunday ad promotion, Amazon is running a buy 2, get 1 free sale on over 1000 titles. All platforms, including PC & Mac are represented. Be sure NOT to use 1-Click checkout or the discount will not apply.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2, get 1 free at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite tempted to get Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 and Kirby Mass Attack, but I'm not sure what I'd get with them. Have either of these titles been at or under $20 before?

[quote name='KornKid91']Silent Hill HD apparently has a ton of glitches and even the art director said he's disappointed with it. Most people are saying it's inferior to the original versions.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']IGN said 9/10.[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you pointed this out. IGN has a bad reputation yet gamers continue to rely on their tainted reviews. Never look at an IGN review again.

Had 3 games in my cart since the Target b2g1 started. At first I though I got lucky when I seen all 3 games were included in the sale. Then I noticed the price raised on all of them =/

So I can get Fate Extra LE, Hakuouki LE and Tekken Hybrid LE for $28.76 each... or wait for all three to drop to $20 or less in a month.

Oh well.

THey also censored stuff in the hd remake

but that ign comment has to be a troll one! i like that ign doesnt censor the reviwers but they just dont put the right guys on the project and most of em are freelancers that like mostly FPS games ;)

How stupid does Amazon think we are? You can't just jack up the price to MSRP, do a B2G1 and pretend it's a deal.

$60 for SSX? DEAD ISLAND?!?! you're soooo stupid if you think you're getting a deal.

holy macaroni they upped all their prices. i love these amazon b2g1fs. lol

and im in the middle of silent hill 2 hd right now. i prefer the original but im getting my trophies.
im kinda disappointed cuz i played the original and they have like no fog and there are some issues, but no glitches/bugs on me yet.
without the fog tho, its silly cuz you see the enemies spawning in or laying on the ground before you even here static.

my grrls love how scary it is. i play it at night and they all freak out when they see anything moving or the radio starts going static. good times. they make me play it during the day too so they arent so freaked out but that isnt as fun. and yeah they cut the pyramid head scene by like 2 seconds which is freakin pointless especially in a remake, but whatever...

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Amazon has gone from my favorite video game retailer to one of my least favorite in the past 10 months.[/QUOTE]

I agree entirely. Somewhere late 2011 BestBuy got good and Amazon went downhill.

So here are my candidates, mind you I'm only getting 3. 50 Cent: Blood on Sand, Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom, Blades of Time, Dirt 3 Complete Edition, Shinobido Revenge of Zen, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, and Tekken Hybrid Limited Edition. Help me decide fellow CAGers!

For the record the games I've chosen have never received a price drop lower on Amazon. I don't crunk around I am a hardcore CAGer.

As I have seen that Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is getting a triple reward zone plus deal next week I am locking in Hakuoki and Tekken Hybrid LE. Now just need a solid choice for my free game. Leaning towards Shinobido just feel like I can get 50 cent cheaper than 39.99....Dirt 3 and Blades of Time can suck it.

[quote name='blinknot4']Any examples?? - I've tried on a bunch of ps3 titles w/ no luck...[/QUOTE]

amazon has now fixed the list. when this sale went live it was 8 pages and did not have golden abyss or birds of steel listed but you could search them and add them to make them work. now the sale has over 1000 items on the sale page.

So what are you saying then? IGN has been allowing unprofessional staff publish reviews. The poster on here seems to confirm the complaint of fog being taken out.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']as for silent hill HD it has mostly positive reviews. http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/632692-silent-hill-hd-collection/index.html

you can't say IGN was paid off because they gave downpour a 4.5. BTW i'm actually enjoying downpour so far.[/QUOTE]

they also gave ninja gaiden a 3. its not the greatest game but a 3 means its like unplayable which it's not. most places i seen gave it a solid 7 to 8 mostly criticizing it's length

[quote name='Vigilante']Opinion requested: Cave Story 3D, Tales of the Abyss, and RE:R--worth it?[/QUOTE]

I paid $30 for Cave Story 3D. I don't think it was worth it. You're better off buying the DSiWare version for $10.

just saying konami wouldn't give money to IGN to give a low selling game a high review. If anything they would have paid them to review downpour at 9 and HD at 4.5. now the reviewer may have been too scared to play the collection so he just gave it a 9 or he based his review on the awesome PS2 versions. IDK. What I do know is that it has received decent reviews. I bought it on xbox so I will soon see.

Let's try this again, Shinobido 2, Hakuoki LE and Tekken Hybrid LE for 79.98 yay or nay?

Opinion requested: Cave Story 3D, Tales of the Abyss, and RE:R--worth it?

so round 1 silent hill HD xbox, birds of steel ps3 and uncharted vita. round 2 i'm debating MGS:HD, Jak and Daxter HD and Tekken Hybrid HD. I think thats an awesome deal.

ouch. was checking out blades of time, blazblu extend and neverdead.
checked metacritic. ouch
guess ill wait to gamefly or super cheap those games.

also checked out fallout new vegas ultimate, but read that game is bug city and freezes at least once an hour. wow no thanks

i think the high reviews for silent hill hd collection is based off of nostalgia and wanting people to play silent hill 2/3. if you have ever played the originals ( i have all of them) then you will definately notice the differences. I love silent hill, but for all the delays, even after the patch released a few days ago, it still isnt perfect. but whatever.

i read konami had issues with the fog in silent hill collection the same way they had issues with the rain effects at beginning of mgs2 hd collection. for some reason they just can't get these effects to work again... how weird. and disappointing.

http://static.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/silent-hill-hd-vs-ps2.jpg

just check that bottom pictures. left is hd collection where the wire just stops, right is original ps2 where wire goes into the fog.
also look at how the lake water just stops into nowhere... and is generally darker. darker is usually good in survival horror games, but this is just weird without the fog that so symbolizes the silent hill aura.

doesnt take away from the game really, but yeah, not a great hd collection unless you are really needing some silent hill trophies... like i do... ;) impossible plat tho... or near impossible to do that perfect green spray run.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Opinion requested: Cave Story 3D, Tales of the Abyss, and RE:R--worth it?[/QUOTE]
If you are set on buying something that sounds like a pretty sweet combo. I saw that Metal Gear Snake Eater 3d is on the 3ds list, I may do Tales of the Abyss Re:R and Metal Gear.

Well Kid Icarus or Star Fox wasn't there but I still got Tales of the Abyss, Super Mario 3D Land and MGS HD Collection.

[quote name='Psychonik']Shinobido 2, Hakuoki LE and Tekken Hybrid LE for 79.98 yay or nay?

How about this combo!!!![/QUOTE]

Are you going to ask every 30 seconds?

[quote name='Psychonik']Shinobido 2, Hakuoki LE and Tekken Hybrid LE for 79.98 yay or nay?

Yay

With all the jacked up prices and lack of many new titles, I can't find 3 games that I'd want to buy in the same price range to make the deal worth while.

I agree very limited in choices. However I've been wanting Hakuoki LE and Tekken Hybrid LE. Don't have a Vita yet, but I don't see Shinbido going down in price any time soon.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Amazon has gone from my favorite video game retailer to one of my least favorite in the past 10 months.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='topplehat']I agree entirely. Somewhere late 2011 BestBuy got good and Amazon went downhill.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe amazon is still doing these crappy deals, thought for sure by this time they would have gotten back to the way it was but no. Now I regret getting a $50 instead of a $25 kindle gc today after trading in some of my games to BB. Will probably just use the creds on PSN/XBL gift cards.

They actually made a Shinobido 2? The only good thing about the first one was the HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR theme song, so I find this hard to believe and even harder to believe the sequel could be any good.

Got Ninja Gaiden 3, Silent Hill Downpour and Street Fighter X Tekken all for 360.

I noticed they jacked up a lot of prices, but the games I bought aren't on sale anywhere (newer games for the month), well, SFxT is 49.99 at Best Buy, but that's about it. Also Mario Party 9 and Fortune Street aren't part of this deal. Bummer cuz I can't find a decent deal on either anywhere!

People complain way too much on these threads. Amazon doesn't have to do B2G1 and neither does Target. When everything goes digital and you only have one outlet to buy games then you can bitch.

bread's done
Back