Buy 2, Get 1 Free Video Game Sale at Amazon

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]18997[/IMG-R]Matching Target's Sunday ad promotion, Amazon is running a buy 2, get 1 free sale on over 1000 titles. All platforms, including PC & Mac are represented. Be sure NOT to use 1-Click checkout or the discount will not apply.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2, get 1 free at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sneakysnake128']Every B2G1 sale: Want 2 games, no viable third choice.[/QUOTE]

Same exact thing here. They have plenty of copies of the other games I want, but they're not part of this "deal."

got rayman origins ps3, wipEout 2048 vita, dark souls ps3, had dark souls in the past, sold out cause it was to freaking long and it was consuming my life, im ready to loose my life again to this game, so glad it was on this sale ;)

All this IGN talk. Really? Destructoid and Giant Bomb are the places I prefer for reviews.

The reveiwers are older (like me), more seasoned and spend a lot of time analyzing games (both good and bad).

[quote name='exaznkid']wtf! y is silent hill collection for the xbox 360 listed but not the PS3?[/QUOTE]

ps3 version is bugged to hell and virtually unplayable. everyone sent theirs back and hence amazon is reviewing the item until further notice. even konamis patch failed to solve the problems. ironically, the uk release due out next week won't have any issues.

[quote name='aerozero']awwww, no Tales of Grace F

And my search continues...[/QUOTE]

Same, I am getting really tempted to just pick it up at full price.

I really don't see it getting cheaper.

Ideally this sale should have had tales of Grace and Kingdoms, then I just had to find a decent 3rd option and that shouldn't have been to hard.

i really didnt have any game breaking issues in silent hill.
iv just played half of silent hill 2 and sure it isnt as good as the originals and i have heard of freezes/audio problems. but the patch fixed most for me.
wow i went from complaining about sh hd to sounding like an apologist.
i love silent hill 2 so much that i support it, but yeah def not the best it could have been on ps3, especially considering they kept delaying it...

I tried to find some good games and be open-minded about prices, I really did. But when you have things like Shaun White Skateboarding for $19.99, X-Men Destiny for $59.96, and Brink for $18.70... there's only so much one man can put up with.

I was looking at a $19.99 trio of older games I have never had a chance to play. Any thoughts on the following for $40 after discount?

Just Cause 2
AC II
Mass Effect

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Same, I am getting really tempted to just pick it up at full price.

I really don't see it getting cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kind of regret not getting the discounted NewEgg preorder for Tales, but I have a lot of Amazon Credit to burn.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Same, I am getting really tempted to just pick it up at full price.

I really don't see it getting cheaper.

Ideally this sale should have had tales of Grace and Kingdoms, then I just had to find a decent 3rd option and that shouldn't have been to hard.[/QUOTE]

I tried to tell people to take the Newegg $47.99 pre-order deal on Graces.

[quote name='Palinn']I was looking at a $19.99 trio of older games I have never had a chance to play. Any thoughts on the following for $40 after discount?

Just Cause 2
AC II
Mass Effect[/QUOTE]

Just Cause 2 is really a lot of fun I actually preferred it to RDR which I mostly found boring, ACII is probably the best game in the franchise so far and Mass Effect is good just don't expect the tight shooter mechanics from ME2 and ME3.

I would say that all 3 for $40 is a great deal for somebody that's never played them.

Haha such bad prices. Was thinking about Alan Wake since the price never drops below Alan Wake besides the weird BB prices. Wish they had L.A. Noire and Operation Flashpoint Red River on those lists.

[quote name='roymustang']Just Cause 2 is really a lot of fun I actually preferred it to RDR which I mostly found boring, ACII is probably the best game in the franchise so far and Mass Effect is good just don't expect the tight shooter mechanics from ME2 and ME3.

I would say that all 3 for $40 is a great deal for somebody that's never played them.[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to know if there's any additional content in the ACII platinum hits edition? Googling it shows that there's something extra in the "Game of the Year" edition for those across the seas.

[quote name='Palinn']I was looking at a $19.99 trio of older games I have never had a chance to play. Any thoughts on the following for $40 after discount?

Just Cause 2
AC II
Mass Effect[/QUOTE]
If I do this deal Mass Effect would be rhe game I did it for. 20 for it is a good price so 20 for the othe 2 aint bad imo.

[quote name='roymustang']I tried to tell people to take the Newegg $47.99 pre-order deal on Graces.[/QUOTE]
I would have done that, but at the time i wasn't ready to buy it, and most of my credit is hung up in best buy and amazon.

Was really hoping to see a good sale at best buy this next week, and while next weeks ad is amazing, it just doesn't have what I wanted, a b2g1 or a sale on that game.

Does anyone know if bestbuy price matches b2g1 free sales?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Do you happen to know if there's any additional content in the ACII platinum hits edition? Googling it shows that there's something extra in the "Game of the Year" edition for those across the seas.[/QUOTE]

Nah I don't know, I always buy the AC games for $29.99 during the BF sales shortly after they come out.

But I doubt it.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I would have done that, but at the time i wasn't ready to buy it, and most of my credit is hung up in best buy and amazon.

Was really hoping to see a good sale at best buy this next week, and while next weeks ad is amazing, it just doesn't have what I wanted, a b2g1 or a sale on that game.

Does anyone know if bestbuy price matches b2g1 free sales?[/QUOTE]

Amazon is doing this B2G1 to match Target, maybe you could score Graces at Target if they carry it and you find 2 other games you want there.

[quote name='Velo214']

i read konami had issues with the fog in silent hill collection the same way they had issues with the rain effects at beginning of mgs2 hd collection. for some reason they just can't get these effects to work again... how weird. and disappointing.

http://static.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/silent-hill-hd-vs-ps2.jpg

just check that bottom pictures. left is hd collection where the wire just stops, right is original ps2 where wire goes into the fog.
also look at how the lake water just stops into nowhere... and is generally darker. darker is usually good in survival horror games, but this is just weird without the fog that so symbolizes the silent hill aura.

doesnt take away from the game really, but yeah, not a great hd collection unless you are really needing some silent hill trophies... like i do... ;) impossible plat tho... or near impossible to do that perfect green spray run.[/QUOTE]

wow the ps2 version looks better

Thanks for everyone's input on my game choices. I haven't found Mass Effect anywhere else for a decent price so paying $13ish each for three good games sounds like a deal. I'm pulling the trigger!

the fact that street fighter x tekken is on sale at best buy for 49.99 on ps3 means they wont add it to the b2g1 sale. I get screwed out of buying a set of games I want and amazon gets no sale because their price matching makes little to no sense sometimes. lame amazon, very lame...

[quote name='Barkwhip']I'm quite tempted to get Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 and Kirby Mass Attack, but I'm not sure what I'd get with them. Have either of these titles been at or under $20 before?[/QUOTE]

Someone reported seeing DQM:Joker 2 clearanced for $17.xx at Target.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I would have done that, but at the time i wasn't ready to buy it, and most of my credit is hung up in best buy and amazon.

Does anyone know if bestbuy price matches b2g1 free sales?[/QUOTE]

I preordered Tales of graces F from lockerz that a member suggested for 45 bucks. It took them a week to get it to me from release day but saved money and they even sent a t-shirt with the game.

I went to BB today and they wouldn't price match b2g1 free.

I picked up:
Jak and Daxter - Metal gear Solid HD collection - Dirt 3 complete thanks OP.

I snagged Shinobido 2, hakuoki LE, and Tekken Hybrid LE from Amazon. With the help of my GF's purchase of just dance 3 from target I got dungeon siege 3 abd socom 4 from target fpr 29.99. Probably going to finish this weeks deals ofc with splinter Cell Hd collection, essentials and advanced warfighter 2. Double Agent is straight santorum.

[quote name='roymustang']Amazon is doing this B2G1 to match Target, maybe you could score Graces at Target if they carry it and you find 2 other games you want there.[/QUOTE]

The problem being I have amazon and bestbuy credit. Not really in a place where I want to pay 120 for 3 games.

I also don't think any of my targets have Tales.

If you for some reason don't own killzone 3, deus ex, and AC: Brotherhood target b2g1 gives you no excuse last amazon b2g1 got flashpoint dragon rising, vanquish and take that back think it was b1g150%off

Meh. Normally Amazon does better than this. Bad prices, and few recent games available. Really wanted KoA:R, and Unit 13. Oh well

Just to let others know, they're slowly adding games and lowering some prices. Xbox 360 went from 147 to 149 games, and SSX went from around $55 to $45.02.

Don't know if prices have gone up though, anyone noticing a reverse trend?

Prices will go up or down once amazon runs out of stock. Get the good games now. Deus Ex was sold out at 29.99 by Tuesday and was the deal of the week!

[quote name='Tydides']Just to let others know, they're slowly adding games and lowering some prices. Xbox 360 went from 147 to 149 games, and SSX went from around $55 to $45.02.

Don't know if prices have gone up though, anyone noticing a reverse trend?[/QUOTE]

Fallout NV complete dropped from 49.99 down to 39.99. People were saying Resistance 3 was 60 earlier and it's cheaper now also.

When does this deal expire? Or is it just for today? I want to wait and see if they add KOAR.

Hoping for that, Ninja Gaiden 3, Syndicate, or SSX if no KOAR.

[quote name='Jrmint']When does this deal expire? Or is it just for today? I want to wait and see if they add KOAR.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know?

Yeah...There is only one game on that list I want. I'm not complaining though. I have a huge backlog that I'm dealing with.

bread's done
Back