Buy a 40GB PS3 at Wal-Mart at 399.99, get a $100 GiftCard FREE - [Not confirmed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor2More

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was looking at the ad for Walmart

Purchase a 40GB PS3 at Walmart for $399.99(June 1st-June 6th) and receive a $100 Blue Ray Walmart GiftCard FREE

Im not sure if you can use the giftcard on things other then Blue Ray and games, it looks like a regular giftcard

Sorry if this has been posted

walmart has everything you need hahah I mean if you're going to be buying a new PS3.. chances are you're getting something else with it.. $100 worth of "free" PS3 shit is not hard

as for the scanning, just wanted to say thanks OP for bringing this up... I know people here get impatient w/o pics etc.. but as for.. no digital camera or anything?

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I have a feeling people are going to scam Wal-Mart on this deal. Buy 40GB then return it 29 days later.[/quote]

Not me. Ive never owned a PS3. So I'm keeping it, then getting MGS4. I never owned a ps2 either, so I dont care about BC. Perfect Fit!

Yeah, even though I asked about BC because there are some great PS2 games I have not finished or would like to visit again, I don't find myself doing a lot of BCing on 360 or Wii, so it's not a real big deal for me, upon thinking about it.
And I would not have a problem at all with finding 100$ of stuff to buy at Walmart.

Nope, even with Target when they were giving $10 gift card that came with XBOX 360 games, when you return the actually game you get only get 49.99 if it was a 59.99 game. Return this 399 PS3 and you'll only get 299 back.

I'm most interested in the comments earlier about stacking this potential deal with the Sony Style new card purchase. Anyone have any thoughts on this? It was said earlier that, even though the Sony website says it only works on their site, they used it at CC.

If they stacked, and I could pull the price down to $199.99 with gift card and credits to the sony card, i'd HAVE to buy one.

Does the Sony Style Store charge tax? I find the Sony Style Store a better deal.
$499 for the MGS4 PS3(80 gig BC, MGS4, DS3)- $100 with Sony Card=$399

The wait for GT5 is killing me. I'm tempted to get in on this deal and waiting until GT5 is released before using that card (assuming you could use it to purchase PS3 games). Or maybe wait until late '09 or early '10 when the game does finally get released and hope that the PS3 will have dropped down to $300 by then. Decisions decisions. :(

[quote name='slidecage']love to pm this at best buy[/quote]

I'm not sure if any store would price match this amazing deal. What do you guys think? By the way, this deal could be fake. Until I see a scan, i remain skeptical.

To the person asking about the 40gb...

it has psx BC but not ps2 BC.
and game installs can only be installed on the internal HDD, but it is easy and cheap to upgrade. an external can be used for music, videos, etc. though

That's what I want to know to muzykmann. It does say on the sight that you can only buy it through them, but others have said the opposite. Can anyone confirm that they have used the sony card at another retailer, and gotten the 100 bones off? If so you are my hero, and I will get a ps3. Thanks-Jeff

Many stores don't PM "free gift" type deals.

BC: Hmm, I could see myself revisiting some PS1 games as well. Final Fantasy Tactics, here I come.

Re: game installs: Can the PS3 see two drives at once? that is, the internal for installs and the external for 'other' stuff? Then again, it might not be that big a deal--I've got the 360 Elite since last summer and my HD still has 60GB free.

Until I see the deal, I always remain skeptical but hopeful. Plan (prepare) for the worst, hope for the best.

[quote name='BRINKWORTH']That's what I want to know to muzykmann. It does say on the sight that you can only buy it through them, but others have said the opposite. Can anyone confirm that they have used the sony card at another retailer, and gotten the 100 bones off? If so you are my hero, and I will get a ps3. Thanks-Jeff[/quote]

Had my brother do it, and he used it on Amazon.com. His bill came and it indeed took of $100. When you apply they will give you a number that you can use temporarily til your card arrives (because more than likely you won't get the card in time). Should work instores too.

But for those thinking that you can get the PS3 for $199 is wrong, you get a $100 with the purchase of the PS3.

$399 40 GB PS3 - $100 (if you use the SS Card) = $299 WITH a $100 Walmart GC

poor2more, did you rip this deal from slickdeals, or did you post it yourself over there?

Either way, there is no confirmation at either site.

[quote name='Poor2More']^ Yes I posted it myself, is their sumthing on slickdeals?[/quote]

I asked you if you posted this deal on slickdeals. Did you, or did you just rip it from there? The verbiage is almost identical to what is posted here.

[quote name='slickdeals']
basically it is in the back of walmart`s next week ad
Buy a 40 GB PS3 at walmart between june 1st - june 6th and get a $100 walmart bluray gifcard
hopefully we can use the GC to buy other things...
[/quote]

Either way, there is no proof on either site.

I just saw the post on slickdeals a few mins ago, he is telling the truth, he might be able to get a scan up before me

I can promise you all, that this deal is REAL Jan 1-6, TRUST ME its real, I posted this deal after reading the ad, so thats 2 people who posted about this deal

Hold on, is slickdeals Pacific time? if so he rip that deal from this thread, I posted this before him if thats the case I am Easter Time

[quote name='Poor2More']I just saw the post on slickdeals a few mins ago, he is telling the truth, he might be able to get a scan up before me

I can promise you all, that this deal is REAL June 1-6, TRUST ME its real, I posted this deal after reading the ad, so thats 2 people who posted about this deal[/quote]

Fixed it :D

[quote name='Poor2More']Hold on, is slickdeals Pacific time? if so he rip that deal from this thread, I posted this before him if thats the case I am Easter Time[/quote]

lol Easter. Well only time will tell obviously. If it's true, you're a hero. If not, something...bad..happens.

SD is west coast time (ie. - 3 hours from eastern time). Meaning the OP from SD stole it from here, he posted it at 6:36 EST while you posted it around 5:40 EST. CAG won.

I hate when people are drunk around here, they never know WTF they do with anything, Im still working on it,

This deal is good, I can Guarenteed this

Apply for the Walmart CC. There is some coupon in the store where you can get purchases over a certain amount for 12 months no interest. Then use the $100 GC for payments and you are getting a PS3 for $300 or so spread out over 12 months. Not a bad purchase.

^ ad got thrown away from my dad's friends (he is drunk and he dont know what he did with it) but I am looking for it, even digging in the trash outside

THIS DEAL IS REAL, I am really trying to get you guys confirmation

[quote name='Poor2More']^ ad got thrown away from my dad's friends (he is drunk and he dont know what he did with it) but I am looking for it, even digging in the trash outside

THIS DEAL IS REAL, I am really trying to get you guys confirmation[/QUOTE]

Don't get too stressed out over it. Someone will post confirmation sooner or later. For now, just sit back and feel good knowing that you've contributed to the community.

[quote name='vp4lifehva']In regards to the SonyStyle deal, has anyone seen the following (sorry about the long links):

http://citi.bridgetrack.com/usc/08/...4&ProspectID=5C764648FD8E4118872E3303BEC66911

And then:

http://citi.bridgetrack.com/usc/06/...ngId=en&siteId=CB&B=G&screenID=3016&appArch=2[/quote]

So uh... if anyone is interested, I just went through and checked the point values for the Thank You points associated with this deal.

For the 15000 points they give you for signing up and using the card for $250 worth of purchases, you can get $120 in best buy gift cards.

If you used that towards the price of the PS3 here, that would be a $100 walmart gift card and $120 in best buy gift cards with the PS3 purchase price. $220 of useful giftcards on a $400 PS3 aint bad at all.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Don't get too stressed out over it. Someone will post confirmation sooner or later. For now, just sit back and feel good knowing that you've contributed to the community.[/quote]

I just wanted to make sure I contributed a great deal and show proof, Im going to keep looking, ask his friend what he did with it after he sober up lol

Whats the deal with the Sony Card? It sounds to good to be true. Free $100 off purchase of PS3 once you sign up? I already have a credit card, can I have 2? What age do you have to be to get a credit card?

[quote name='MuzykMann']So uh... if anyone is interested, I just went through and checked the point values for the Thank You points associated with this deal.

For the 15000 points they give you for signing up and using the card for $250 worth of purchases, you can get $120 in best buy gift cards.

If you used that towards the price of the PS3 here, that would be a $100 walmart gift card and $120 in best buy gift cards with the PS3 purchase price. $220 of useful giftcards on a $400 PS3 aint bad at all.[/quote]

"Citi Professional Card is considered a business purpose credit card and not a consumer credit card. Please note that certain consumer rights do not apply to this account."

Gots to have a catch somewhere... and the 28.99% default is scary. Not saying I have ever defaulted/late paid, but I bear the burden of being a FICO junkie AND a CAG... The Sony card may work for me because I need a smaller plasma to put the PS3 on in another room anyway. Wii PS2 and 360 getting crowded...

For those who want to price match, keep dreaming. Unless the manager and employees are retarded. They only price match sales of other competitors, not promotions, and percentages.

^I am going to have to wait until tommorow to ask him what did he do with it, regardless real or not you wouldent be able to buy tonight anyway, sale is not till June 1st, I am going to keep looking tommorow

I stand behind this deal 100%, I benefit zero from making this up, and

I would have been more creative like My best friends brother girlfriends aunt mother once removed is Sam Walton's(Walmart founder FYI) Mistress told me about this deal lol

Let's assume that this deal is true. The deal states blu-ray gift card. What are the chances that this has to be used for blu-ray? Has Wal-Mart ever had a specific gift card like this before? My guess is that this is a generic gift card.

^ It states a $100 Blue Ray Giftcard, it has a PS3 on the front of the giftcard with Walmart printed in the top right like a normal Giftcard

Could go either way. Perhaps Blue Ray sales arent doing so great right now so they have giftcards specifically for BlueRay discs. Same for 40 gb ps3s. Killing 2 birds with one stone.

YMMV/Regional Deal? Hopefully more folks can confirm if this is really national or not, which I already suspect it is not.

Edit: OP should clarify that GC is only for BR discs. $100 of BRs are nice, but not as good as $100 GC for whatever you want to buy...

[quote name='gunm']YMMV/Regional Deal? Hopefully more folks can confirm if this is really national or not, which I already suspect it is not.

Edit: OP should clarify that GC is only for BR discs. $100 of BRs are nice, but not as good as $100 GC for whatever you want to buy...[/quote]

The fine print says the gift card can be used on items in store and online, no limitations, no cash value

and shows a regular giftcard, but a ps3 on it, I never ever heard of a giftcard specific to a particual item at a store

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back