Buy a 40GB PS3 at Wal-Mart at 399.99, get a $100 GiftCard FREE - [Not confirmed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor2More

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was looking at the ad for Walmart

Purchase a 40GB PS3 at Walmart for $399.99(June 1st-June 6th) and receive a $100 Blue Ray Walmart GiftCard FREE

Im not sure if you can use the giftcard on things other then Blue Ray and games, it looks like a regular giftcard

Sorry if this has been posted

I'd rather do the sonystyle card, and wait for a day where they have free shipping. Then you won't have the gimped Ps3 and you can wait and get a dual shock 3, MGS4, some free blue rays, and the 100 dollar credit. Hopefully after I beat MGS4 and some of my other games, GTA 4 will be 30 bucks and the Ps3 will get a special edition of ninja gaiden 2.

[quote name='Poor2More']be persistant I got them to refund my money even though it was ready to be shiped that night[/quote]

All you have to do is refuse the order from the shipping company (UPS, FedEX, etc)

When it goes back to Amazon, they'll issue a refund. They should have told you this is you bothered to call them.

This is their policy and I'm 100% positive.

The reason this deal appeals to me is because it could give me a lot of $$ back from a PS3 purchase. As a Wii60 owner, there really aren't a lot of games that make me feel like i NEED a PS3 right now. However, if I could get one cheap, or with a buttload of money in giftcards back, it would make the purchase worthwhile. Waiting for a 80GB deal doesn't really appeal to me, because I don't WANT to spend the extra $$ on something I don't really need. I just want something that will play future AAA PS3 titles for cheap. This may work well for that, if it's all confirmed and goes through properly.

[quote name='HuppSav']I'd rather do the sonystyle card, and wait for a day where they have free shipping. Then you won't have the gimped Ps3 and you can wait and get a dual shock 3, MGS4, some free blue rays, and the 100 dollar credit. Hopefully after I beat MGS4 and some of my other games, GTA 4 will be 30 bucks and the Ps3 will get a special edition of ninja gaiden 2.[/quote]

Are you still talking about Wal-Mart? B/c I highly doubt Wal-marts gonna do this deal online, most likely in store only!

[quote name='Poor2More']The fine print says the gift card can be used on items in store and online, no limitations, no cash value

and shows a regular giftcard, but a ps3 on it, I never ever heard of a giftcard specific to a particual item at a store[/quote]

Do you have the ad or not? I am just a bit curious on how if it was thrown away, but yet able to quote fine print.

I don't have a sony card, if I order one tomorrow can I get it in the mail before this deal starts? If not, then I guess I'll be waiting till a new deal arrives

[quote name='Shawn1150']I don't have a sony card, if I order one tomorrow can I get it in the mail before this deal starts? If not, then I guess I'll be waiting till a new deal arrives[/quote]

1) Depends on credit history/score.

2) Once card is activated, you have 45 days to use and get credit. You could use it to buy a gift card, but that will pin your dollars to one store.

I have seen gift cards with limitations before (they really turn out to be coupons, but they're in card format). It might be a themed gift card with a picture of BD or Sony stuff on it, like the "music" gift cards at Best Buy with pictures of CDs on them, that can actually be used anywhere in the store.

[quote name='Poor2More']I will try to get confirmation tommorow[/QUOTE]

Do you seriously have that much trash? This is a very good deal and some of us are still waiting if true...

[quote name='underliness']If you want the card that doesn't require you to buy it from sonystyle.com here is the link

http://sonycard.sony.com/sonygatewa...&CELL=6064&MSC=&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01

borrowed the link from SD.
I signed up earlier today in preperation for the 80gb MGS4 bundle. Heard it takes about 2 weeks to get the card in the mail so hopefully I get it before June 12th.[/quote]

Um where exactly are you getting a 80gb MGS4 Bundle? unless your getting a bundle from japan the only MGS4 Bundle available for the US is this one or is someone putting out another one?

http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810...tation3_bundle

I'm honestly more concerned about this child in a house full of drunk adults...

Also, there seem to be a lot of caveats to this deal. It's a Blu-Ray gift card, I can almost guarantee it'll only be valid on Blu-ray movies or games. Maybe even just movies, which makes it akin to the get 5 free movies you could've done with the 360 HDDVD player.

I'm gonna go ahead and call this, "meh." unless it's a card you can use on anything...also, i'd totally bite if Amazon did a similar promo, no tax + 100? DONE.

[quote name='ilovedietcoke']Thats a much better deal!!! why would anyone buy the one konami is offering??? thnx for link chex20[/quote]

Np. The main difference is the different color and that the 40GB system has the LE of MGS 4 while the 80GB has the normal version.

As for why people would buy the 40GB over the 80GB is probably because of the above 2 reasons. Even totaled together you are spending $75 for a cool paint job...and people thought the Halo 3 LE Xbox 360 was a rip? :roll:

PS. I'm still gonna buy it though (the 40GB LE MGS 4 Bundle). I'm a sucker for cool different colors. Thats why I have a white PS3 too...damn color systems.

[quote name='zewone']Wow, still no ad scan or even just a camera phone PIC?![/quote]

Haha, nope, we're running on hopes and dreams. :D

I'm still very positive though that this is legit.

do stores normally price match gift card deals. I want to buy one at best buy where I already have a $80 gift card. On top of that it looks like I could do the sony card to get another $100 off and get the system for a bit over $200 out of my pocket and get a new gift card on top of it.

[quote name='happy']do stores normally price match gift card deals. I want to buy one at best buy where I already have a $80 gift card. On top of that it looks like I could do the sony card to get another $100 off and get the system for a bit over $200 out of my pocket and get a new gift card on top of it.[/QUOTE]

They usually don't. They're only supposed to match items on sale at a discount. You should use the $80 GC and purchase it at Best Buy. $320 (plus tax on $400) out of your pocket, plus whatever Sony card gives you, is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='ogbaka']nice deal if you use a sony card too to make ps3 to ~200+tax :)
thanks[/quote]
Exactly what I though when I saw this deal.

Was hoping this deal was legit and would have been confirmed by this morning. Now instead of his parents who threw it out, it's his drunk friend? I hope he wasn't the one who was drunk, cause I want this deal to be true. But why would the ad be all patriotic for June 1-6? Memorial Day is May 26th and the 4th of July is in July. What's patriotic about June 1-6?

[quote name='Shawn1150']I recently quit my job at Meijer, but my 10% employee discount still works. what would be a better deal? B/c say 40gb ps3 is $400, so I can get it for $360. Or should I do this Walmart deal?[/quote]

You really need someone to hold your hand and tell you what to do?

[quote name='dkim064']All you have to do is refuse the order from the shipping company (UPS, FedEX, etc)

When it goes back to Amazon, they'll issue a refund. They should have told you this is you bothered to call them.

This is their policy and I'm 100% positive.
[/quote]

I called Amazon and they said once I refused it they will issue a refund which tajkes up to 30 days to process (Why should I wait when I canceled my order even before it left their doors, she issued my refund immediatly, even before I refused the delivery

[quote name='K.Rock']Do you have the ad or not? I am just a bit curious on how if it was thrown away, but yet able to quote fine print.[/quote]

Thats NOT word for word for the record

ProTip: If you're going to post a thread like this, go ahead and have the proof ready. Because you know you're going to be asked for it.

I'm going to go ahead and call shananigans on this whole thing. Hasn't someone gone to Walmart to see if this ad is legit? Is his Walmart the only one who has this ad? Then the whole "drunk dad threw it out already" which I think you just lied there because it sounds like the Sunday ad when you said to had to go to Walmart to see the ad at first. Plus June 1st to June 6th is 6 days why would they have a 6 day deal instead of 7? I googled "Walmart $100 gift card 40 gb" and only got this and slick deals, neither show any proof. Pretty obvious that the person on the other site is you or someone who just ripped off what you said from here. So say this is legit nobody on the entire internet can show proof when someone only has to go to Walmart and get the ad? If you or someone does show proof then I will apologize., but as far as I'm concerned this whole thing is bogus. Nothing to see here folks.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I'm going to go ahead and call shananigans on this whole thing. Hasn't someone gone to Walmart to see if this ad is legit? Is his Walmart the only one who has this ad? Then the whole "drunk dad threw it out already" which I think you just lied there because it sounds like the Sunday ad when you said to had to go to Walmart to see the ad at first. Plus June 1st to June 6th is 6 days why would they have a 6 day deal instead of 7? I googled "Walmart $100 gift card 40 gb" and only got this and slick deals, neither show any proof. Pretty obvious that the person on the other site is you or someone who just ripped off what you said from here. So say this is legit nobody on the entire internet can show proof when someone only has to go to Walmart and get the ad? If you or someone does show proof then I will apologize., but as far as I'm concerned this whole thing is bogus. Nothing to see here folks.[/quote]

Yeah, as much as I want this to be real... I have doubts. Why is it everytime someone reports a deal there is always something stopping proof? ie: scanner not working, no digital camera, drunk dad... it is always something.

[quote name='Poor2More']Its the ad for june 1-6, its got like patrotic colors and stuff (labor day sales I guess)[/quote]

Uh, wow. Just wow. #-o

[quote name='PaulG']But why would the ad be all patriotic for June 1-6? Memorial Day is May 26th and the 4th of July is in July. What's patriotic about June 1-6?[/quote]

Memorial Day is May 30th. It's always observed on the last Monday in May.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I'm going to go ahead and call shananigans on this whole thing. Then the whole "drunk dad threw it out already" which I think you just lied there.[/quote]

Its pretty obvious that this is not shenanigans because the first thing on any drunk's mind is, "I NEED TO THROW OUT THE NEWSPAPER. Specifically Wal-Mart ads, SHLITZ SMASH!"

[quote name='underliness']Not too bad, but I think I will wait for the 80gb MGS4 bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yup, me too. If one with backwards compatibility was still on the market in some form...

[quote name='ogbaka']if you really want the gunmetal color... im not a mgs fan... so count me out
and you can always up grade the hd and add more usb ports[/QUOTE]

I hated MGS3 and Portable Ops, so I figure I'll hate 4, but I want backwards compatibility.

Apparently the limited edition color is a 40GB unit, which presumably doesn't have backwards compatibility (while presumably the 80 does...although I suppose we really don't know either way).

At any rate, I would prefer the new color, as I think the black color is boring, and chrome is just stupid...but since apparently the limited edition model doesn't have BC and costs $200 more than a regular 40GB model, I'll just stick with the 80GB bundle for $500.

[quote name='chex20']
PS. I'm still gonna buy it though (the 40GB LE MGS 4 Bundle). I'm a sucker for cool different colors. Thats why I have a white PS3 too...damn color systems.[/QUOTE]

You had to import it, right? AFAIK we've only gotten black, and even lamer black + chrome here :D

[quote name='placebo1']Memorial Day is May 30th. It's always observed on the last Monday in May.[/QUOTE]

The last Monday of May, 2008 is the 26th.:D

[quote name='placebo1']
[/QUOTE]

And the last Monday of May would be...?

I never thought calendar reading was so hard.

[quote name='placebo1']
Its pretty obvious that this is not shenanigans because the first thing on any drunk's mind is, "I NEED TO THROW OUT THE NEWSPAPER. Specifically Wal-Mart ads, SHLITZ SMASH!"[/QUOTE]

I know right?! Anyone that disputes this has NEVER been drunk.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']And the last Monday of May would be...?

I never thought calendar reading was so hard.[/quote]

Heh, par for the course for this thread...

Well tax on $400 is quite a lot... for me that means one free game or a DS3... that's not TOO bad I suppose. Although the SonyStyle Card would make it more reasonable. Maybe I should go ahead and apply for one for future use even if I don't get this deal.

EDIT: Then again, do I need a Sony CC? no....

[quote name='egonpax']Well tax on $400 is quite a lot... for me that means one free game or a DS3... that's not TOO bad I suppose. Although the SonyStyle Card would make it more reasonable. Maybe I should go ahead and apply for one for future use even if I don't get this deal.[/quote]

I went ahead and applied for both the Sony and the Citibank with the ThankYou points that was posted earlier. I figure, if I get em and this deal turns out to be fake, then I'll just never activate them. If a deal like this pops up, I can activate and be ready. *shrug* Can't hurt to be prepared, cause I'd hate to miss a deal.

I go back to work tomorrow and if it is true I will verify on my Q phone. I own a scanner so I will be able to post pics tomorrow evening.

[quote name='placebo1']Uh, wow. Just wow. #-o

Its pretty obvious that this is not shenanigans because the first thing on any drunk's mind is, "I NEED TO THROW OUT THE NEWSPAPER. Specifically Wal-Mart ads, SHLITZ SMASH!"[/quote]

You're going to criticize someone for getting Labor Day wrong and then you turn around and get Memorial Day wrong? If you're going to point out someone's mistake, you better not do the same thing yourself...in the very same post. Incredible.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yup, me too. If one with backwards compatibility was still on the market in some form...

I hated MGS3 and Portable Ops, so I figure I'll hate 4, but I want backwards compatibility.

^ And I hate you.

[quote name='underliness']If you want the card that doesn't require you to buy it from sonystyle.com here is the link

http://sonycard.sony.com/sonygatewa...&CELL=6064&MSC=&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01

borrowed the link from SD.
I signed up earlier today in preperation for the 80gb MGS4 bundle. Heard it takes about 2 weeks to get the card in the mail so hopefully I get it before June 12th.[/quote]

Hey, I'm going to be getting this same bundle.

I saw the link for CITI and now this one. Which is the best card to get ? They both seem to have the same *gift*. I already have enough credit cards, but having a Sony one for the sole purpose of getting the MGS4 Bundle would be sweet.

There's nothing that says you can't just make the PS3 purchase on the card, pay it off all at once, then cut the thing into dozens of unusable pieces, right? That's my plan.

[quote name='DAWG26'][quote name='Wolfpup']Yup, me too. If one with backwards compatibility was still on the market in some form...

^ And I hate you.[/QUOTE]

Ooookay? :lol:

[quote name='MuzykMann']There's nothing that says you can't just make the PS3 purchase on the card, pay it off all at once, then cut the thing into dozens of unusable pieces, right? That's my plan.[/QUOTE]

It's still going to affect your credit score though. At a minimum you'd want to cancel the card if you're really not going to use it, but even still your score will be affected, if you care about that.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's still going to affect your credit score though. At a minimum you'd want to cancel the card if you're really not going to use it, but even still your score will be affected, if you care about that.[/QUOTE]

Is there any way to not have it affect your score? or possibly make it go up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back