Buy a PS3, Get a $100 GC This Weekend @ Best Buy

I was wondering WTF the deal was with all these discounts then I heard a couple gaming podcasts and they mentioned that the PS3 sales numbers in November were terrible and that Sony was contacting retailer to give big promotions to push more product out the door. This prompted me to do a little googling, it turns out that Sony sold 25% less consoles than they did last year in November (and the economy has gotten better). I don't know if it's Kinect related or what but it's great for consumers and possibly points to a future price drop. They have to be worried since the Christmas season is the big sales time.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']I had the same frustrations this morning, as I bought the red Wii on Thanksgiving online when it was $169.99. I had to do a return/rebuy, so all of my Reward Zone Certificates are being returned to me. I asked the manager why they just couldn't give me a $45 gift card to make things much easier, and she basically said that Best Buy's computer system sucks (I guess that's one problem the Geek Squad can't fix) and they had to do a return/rebuy with my system. I'm glad you posted to bring in the Wii, as I had it in my car just in case.[/QUOTE]

Did you have to bring in your Wii (unopened) to get the return/rebuy to work? Were you able to immediately use any giftcards or rewards zone cards from the initial purchase in this rebuy?

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Did you have to bring in your Wii (unopened) to get the return/rebuy to work? Were you able to immediately use any giftcards or rewards zone cards from the initial purchase in this rebuy?[/QUOTE]

As long as you have the box, I don't see any problem whether it is open or not. Rewards Zone Certificates/Points went back to my account and I couldn't use them for the rebuy. Gift cards I could use instantly.

[quote name='BannedEpisode']Anyone confirm this? I'd love to upgrade my ps3 but wont be in town this weekend at all.[/QUOTE]

That's what my employee toolkit told me. I work for BB unfortunately.

[quote name='AgentZero5150']Would I be able to just buy the ps3, get the gift card, return the ps3, and then keep the gift card?[/QUOTE]
It'll work up until step 3, at which point they'll give you $200 for the return instead of $300. People ask this EVERY time there's a GC offer.

[quote name='JJSP']It'll work up until step 3, at which point they'll give you $200 for the return instead of $300. People ask this EVERY time there's a GC offer.[/QUOTE]
Anyone get to keep the PS3 as well?

[quote name='AgentZero5150']Would I be able to just buy the ps3, get the gift card, return the ps3, and then keep the gift card?[/QUOTE]

Yes, in fact they encourage you to do this so that they're out $100. But there's a limit of ten PS3 purchases for a $1000 gift card max. They might give you more if you open the box, play with the PS3 for a while and then return it used after the return period has passed.

[quote name='FLiiPsyde']BB @ Madison Hts/Troy, Michigan has a shit ton of the red/black/white Wii's and about 200 ps3's[/QUOTE]

Was told today's the last day for it.

[quote name='BannedEpisode']Anyone confirm this? I'd love to upgrade my ps3 but wont be in town this weekend at all.[/QUOTE]

Was told today's the last day.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']I had the same frustrations this morning, as I bought the red Wii on Thanksgiving online when it was $169.99. I had to do a return/rebuy, so all of my Reward Zone Certificates are being returned to me. I asked the manager why they just couldn't give me a $45 gift card to make things much easier, and she basically said that Best Buy's computer system sucks (I guess that's one problem the Geek Squad can't fix) and they had to do a return/rebuy with my system. I'm glad you posted to bring in the Wii, as I had it in my car just in case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went back to the store with the box and after showing one of the managers their own PM policy and going back & forth with her over "understanding" the policy :roll:... she finally agreed to offer me a $45 gift card, but she would still first have to refund the original purchase and re-ring @ the 169.99 price. I was going to let her do that but after thinking decided against it b/c I really didn't want the gift card, I wanted them to deduct the price difference from my credit card. At the time I really didn't see the incentive of going with the Best Buy gift card of $45 over the $75 credit from Amazon, so I turned it down (stupid move?).
Of course after leaving I realized that maybe I should have took the offer, sold the Wii & kept the gift card, but oh well. Love all the price drops & price matching but trying to score that *perfect deal* has become tiring.

FYI - she told me that the interpretation of the PM policy is actually up to the discretion of the manager. So it all depends on who you talk to. Which is just whack!

My sister just went up there to buy a ps3 and they said they were not doing this deal. I also looked on twitter bestbuy deal and didn't see this on there at all. So is this deal over?

edit: I did find the link on their website about this deal. I also talked to my sister and she is going back up there to get the deal. So we'll see...

So is Amazon PM'ing this anymore? I have $15 in reward zone gc I could use for this but it would just kill the tax. fuck that.

I got around $45 in amazon gc and it would actually reduce the price. MUCH better

[quote name='PlayLives']Yeah, I went back to the store with the box and after showing one of the managers their own PM policy and going back & forth with her over "understanding" the policy :roll:... she finally agreed to offer me a $45 gift card, but she would still first have to refund the original purchase and re-ring @ the 169.99 price. I was going to let her do that but after thinking decided against it b/c I really didn't want the gift card, I wanted them to deduct the price difference from my credit card. At the time I really didn't see the incentive of going with the Best Buy gift card of $45 over the $75 credit from Amazon, so I turned it down (stupid move?).
Of course after leaving I realized that maybe I should have took the offer, sold the Wii & kept the gift card, but oh well. Love all the price drops & price matching but trying to score that *perfect deal* has become tiring.

FYI - she told me that the interpretation of the PM policy is actually up to the discretion of the manager. So it all depends on who you talk to. Which is just whack![/QUOTE]

Damn it! I should have took my Wii in! I bought it on Thanksgiving as well.

[quote name='NegrusArticulus']lol @ everyone looking at a way to trick the system. In my case, I bought the PS3, got my gift certificate, and sold it on ebay though[/QUOTE]

I am right with ya, except I Craigslisted mine!

[quote name='egorka']Is this deal Still live? I have some Christmas money that I'd spend if this was still legit![/QUOTE]

They are offering $50 online but when I went into the store yesterday, the deal was dead.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']They are offering $50 online but when I went into the store yesterday, the deal was dead.[/QUOTE]

deal for $50 was not dead in stores yesterday. I actually found 1 lone 120gb model (plain jane) amidst all the 160gb, 320gbs and GT5 Bundles. Figured it'd be discounted..nope, $300, but I still would have got the $50 GC with it..I just didn't pull the trigger, gonna wait for something better but I was talking to the wife about it and realized all these GC deals were to drum up sales before X-Mas day. Now all retailers will know you have money to blow, so I don't think there will be any deals on consoles for a while (you know, unless you're willing to drop $2k on a TV or something and get it packaged in)

ive been wanting to buy a ps3 for a while now and after looking around im thinking about pulling the trigger on amazon instead of bestbuy.

bestbuy
160gb ps3 w/$50 gift card........shipped after s&h + taxes = $328.58

amazon
160gb ps3 w/singstar and ratchet.......shipped = $299..99

not sure if im going to get a better deal than amazon.

bread's done
Back