Buy New Super Mario Bros get 50% OFF ANY Wii Game inc. Wii Fit, "Hero" Bundles, etc!

Bah, they must be sold out of Wii Fit Plus. It says "In Stock", but every time I add it to my cart it says something about the item having limited quantities & they've adjusted - and it's not there.

I've been looking for a deal on Wii Fit Plus too, it's going to be a Christmas gift for my folks. *sigh*

Really sick deal. Getting NSMB + Tony Hawk Ride w/ 50% off + $15 off from the HOLIDAY2 promo = sell that pos game Tony Hawk Ride on ebay even if it sells $20 under MRSP, I get least a free $50 = free NSMB + change. Someone please confirm soon whether this deal also works in stores.

TRU is pretty famous with the glitch. I think they will kill this pretty soon.

Bought DJ hero and Skate

Nope, not dead. Just placed 2 orders. One for DJ Hero, one for Tony Hawk Ride. All gifts, and a Super Mario for me.

[quote name='Thorgouge'] Someone please confirm soon whether this deal also works in stores.[/QUOTE]

I was at my local tru this morning at 7am. Bundles do not work, tried guitar heroes, thawk ride, dj hero, etc. Even the smaller guitar hero 5w/ guitar only pack did not work. The $50 GC was active for dj/band hero.

Umm...am I the only one that sees Red Steel 2 listed as eligible for this deal? Also, in the details, I didn't see anything about preorders being excluded (though I just scanned it quick). Would definitely jump on NSMB and RS2.

I'm thinking of getting in on the DJ Hero deal as well and trying to sell of the NSMB Wii... by when would DJ Hero get into the $60 price point or so?

I won't even have time to play this until January anyway, so if by then the price will be dropping to around $60 I don't see any reason to get it now and go through the trouble of selling NSMB Wii.

I know guitarherostore.com had it for $90 recently, and I'm guessing it'll drop even more after the holidays...

Appears they fixed (hopefully not) the glitch and are canceling some orders...
SDers been slamming this all morning...and FWers

if you're getting DJ Hero and near a TRU, why not just go get the DJ Hero plus gift card?

Effectively the same thing and you don't have to buy SMB.

Ok let's see if this holds up then. Figured they'd cancel orders but we'll see. Used a gift card and paid with paypal. I'm hoping they're like GS where they can't put money back on the card and then honor the price. Added a $2 item to make it over $100 to use the $15 off as well. $89 for Mario and DJ Hero sounds good to me.

[quote name='gomikeoh']for what its worth, my order went through and my credit card has been charged.[/QUOTE]

I received two emails from toys r us, one stating my order and the next was a confirmation showing that it's currently being processed. Will I be fine or can they cancel my order still?

[quote name='gomikeoh']As much as i would like the instore deal to work with this glitch, lets say it does work, I do not think any cashier (unless they were dumb) would let that go through, without the approval of a manager. Though there is always that chance...like last years rock band 2 bundle from tru![/QUOTE]

You would think TRU employees aren't paid enough to care.

[quote name='SadExchange82']I received two emails from toys r us, one stating my order and the next was a confirmation showing that it's currently being processed. Will I be fine or can they cancel my order still?[/QUOTE]

same here just got my 2nd email sayings its being processed. we have to wait and see now
!

[quote name='SadExchange82']I received two emails from toys r us, one stating my order and the next was a confirmation showing that it's currently being processed. Will I be fine or can they cancel my order still?[/QUOTE]
i think you are fine.

So is the basic deal of buying NSMB and getting a second game (equal or lesser) 50% off going to be in store as well? I didn't see where it said the deal was in store as well.

[quote name='paddlefoot']So is the basic deal of buying NSMB and getting a second game (equal or lesser) 50% off going to be in store as well? I didn't see where it said the deal was in store as well.[/QUOTE]

The deal should be good in-store as well. It's on the front page of this week's circular.

Quick note of interest. I added Band Hero to my cart, Purchased it and NSMB for 128.09 after tax and then clicked submit purchase.

The next page let me know they didn't have Band Hero instock so they would just ship me NMSB for 47.99. Apparently they don't mind okay totals and quantities that you didn't approve of.

I think mine was canceled. I got my 2nd email but the items were $0'd out.

Item:Description:New Super Mario Bros. for Nintendo Wii Quantity:1 @ $.00Shipping Method:Standard Shipping Important:You can expect to receive your item(s) between 12/07/09 and 12/10/09
Item:Description:DJ Hero Turntable Bundle for Nintendo Wii Quantity:1 @ $.00Shipping Method:Standard Shipping Important:You can expect to receive your item(s) between 12/07/09 and 12/10/09
Item:Description:Verticon™ Sound Battle Attachment Quantity:1 @ $.00Shipping Method:Standard Shipping Important:You can expect to receive your item(s) between 12/07/09 and 12/10/09

$14.99 Dead Space Extraction, Madden 10 Wii, or Tiger Woods 10 Wii w/New Super Mario Bros. Wii @ TRU B&M

This is part of the Toys R Us "buy New Super Mario Bros. Wii, get 50% off any other Wii game of equal or lesser value" promo, but I discovered a register glitch today and thought it needed its own thread.

Dead Space Extraction, Madden 10 Wii, and Tiger Woods 10 Wii are all on sale in their flyer this week for $10 off MSRP. When you buy any of these with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, not only does their register honor both promotions, it takes the 50% off the $50 MSRP and THEN deducts $10, making any one of these games $14.99 (+tax) with the purchase of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

This might be YMMV, but I don't think it is. I checked it online and they all ended up at $19.99, so the $14.99 is in-store only and until they decide to fix it.

Happy hunting!

Mine was canceled. It said it couldn't authorize my credit card, but I used PayPal. Anyone else having issues? I did the NSMB + Tony Hawk Ride.

[quote name='sadunk']I think mine was canceled. I got my 2nd email but the items were $0'd out.

Item:Description:New Super Mario Bros. for Nintendo Wii Quantity:1 @ $.00Shipping Method:Standard Shipping Important:You can expect to receive your item(s) between 12/07/09 and 12/10/09
Item:Description:DJ Hero Turntable Bundle for Nintendo Wii Quantity:1 @ $.00Shipping Method:Standard Shipping Important:You can expect to receive your item(s) between 12/07/09 and 12/10/09
Item:Description:Verticon™ Sound Battle Attachment Quantity:1 @ $.00Shipping Method:Standard Shipping Important:You can expect to receive your item(s) between 12/07/09 and 12/10/09[/QUOTE]
i got these too. i believe this means.. no returns.

[quote name='sadunk']I think mine was canceled. I got my 2nd email but the items were $0'd out.

Item:Description:Verticon™ Sound Battle Attachment Quantity:1 @ $.00Shipping Method:Standard Shipping Important:You can expect to receive your item(s) between 12/07/09 and 12/10/09[/QUOTE]

Does this means it's canceled? Wouldn't they send you another email stating that your order has been canceled?

i got this too. at the top of the email though, it says ur ordering is processing

[quote name='Samus']Mine was canceled. It said it couldn't authorize my credit card, but I used PayPal. Anyone else having issues? I did the NSMB + Tony Hawk Ride.[/QUOTE]

They did you a favor. Ride isn't worth the price at even 50% off.

Bought NSMB + DJ Hero Renegade Bundle and applied HOLIDAY2. The cart showed DJHRB for half-price ($100 off!). Now we'll see if they cancel it or it goes through. I'm actually not interested in DJ Hero, but it looks like they are still selling on Ebay for nearly full price, so if it works that means that at the end of the day I get NSMB for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skubish']Anyone been able to order 2 copies of NSMB and get half off one?[/QUOTE]

I did this in-store (XMas shopping for two different sets of nephews :) )

I didn't just get 50% off the second, I got 75% off the second. It rang up this way:

Wii SuperMarioBros $49.99
Wii SuperMarioBros $12.49
Buy 1 Get 50%off 49.99 - 25.00
Wii Promo 24.99 - 12.50

Subtotal $62.48 + tax

[quote name='gregleg']I did this in-store (XMas shopping for two different sets of nephews :) )

I didn't just get 50% off the second, I got 75% off the second. It rang up this way:

Wii SuperMarioBros $49.99
Wii SuperMarioBros $12.49
Buy 1 Get 50%off 49.99 - 25.00
Wii Promo 24.99 - 12.50

Subtotal $62.48 + tax
[/QUOTE]
What was the Wii Promo?

My card was charged for my Tony Hawk skateboard deal and the new super Mario.

Will update when and if I get shipping confirmation.

Honestly, I'm not sure what "Wii Promo" was. I think it calculated as follows:

1. System sees a MarioBros, takes 50% off a Wii game, making the second Mario $25.

2. System sees another MarioBros, looks for a Wii game, finds a $25 Wii game (not realizing it's the same Mario it's trying to take the discount off for), takes 50% off that.

At least, that's my guess, because I can't imagine anything else that would account for it. If anything what I would have EXPECTED was each Mario knocks 50% off the other (which would have been an even better deal), but I'll take it... Lord knows how these registers compute the prices sometimes...

[quote name='gregleg']Honestly, I'm not sure what "Wii Promo" was. I think it calculated as follows:

1. System sees a MarioBros, takes 50% off a Wii game, making the second Mario $25.

2. System sees another MarioBros, looks for a Wii game, finds a $25 Wii game (not realizing it's the same Mario it's trying to take the discount off for), takes 50% off that.

At least, that's my guess, because I can't imagine anything else that would account for it. If anything what I would have EXPECTED was each Mario knocks 50% off the other (which would have been an even better deal), but I'll take it... Lord knows how these registers compute the prices sometimes...[/QUOTE]
I was thinking that might be the case,I just didn't know if there was a Wii promo going on I didn't know about.

If that glitch always works on 2 New SMB then I might get 2, 1 to flip and then keep the other for about $25. I just might have to stop by tomorrow and have them ring it up for me.

bread's done
Back