Buy or Sell inFamous - $35, and MORE @ Gamestaq

hey flooty im not trying to be a thorn in your side but my order is still processing even though you received my games like 10 days ago. i have the delivery confirmation so if u need that i got it. i just want my first order to be complete before i send off another batch. #300000070 is the order #. can u check it out to make sure everything is going smoothly regarding that. thx once again.

Since your here flooty, am I supposed to wait for Paypal payment before shipping my game? Got Red Faction ready to go but no payment yet and unsure if I should drop it in the box or wait.

Also, I want to request Wolfenstein and Batman: AA be added asap after release. I would be looking at buying a copy of Wolfenstein, and will be looking at selling a copy of Batman a week or two after release.

Finally, suggestion, add a sign-up to be notified when a game is available to buy. Like Madden 10 I am sure Wolfenstein will take a few weeks to get copies, but it would be nice to be notified when it is available. Alternatively you could implement my whole buyer pre-order idea from earlier, but that is more involved I think.

flooty i sent the email to gamestaq with the delivery confirmation however i just checked the usps website and it seems the games might have been sent bac to my local usps for some reason. i sent them to

Gamestaq.com
1 West 34th St.
New York, NY 10011

is that not the right adress? if for some reason they were sent back i will go get them and send them out asap once again. could u give me the correct adress to send them too if that is not the correct adress? sorry for all the trouble even though i sent the dc to gamestaq i will send it to you right now through pm.

ok i just went to get the mail and i have the games in my possession so they sent them back. on the package it says insufficient adress and no room. what is the address i should send them too and i will send them out asap im sorry about this idk why they were sent back.

Flooty.. I saw the paypal payment is made by Echeck, and it's not cleared right away. It told me to wait until Aug 20.

Is this a new method? And I'll guess I'll wait until it "clear" then before sending the games.

Thanks.. by the way.

@gi60
No it's not the standard method that we're using. But for some reason paypal switches to echeck randomly every once in a while.
If you want you can try to reject that payment and we'll resend an instant payment back.

@mixed harmony.
Will have support reply to you right away re how to proceed.

@Yoda
I think your order (placed yesterday?) is sched for payment today/tonight.
You can ship it out whenever you feel ready to part with it :)

Re adding new games quickly
We are making this one of our priorities. Will be do our best to get those games up too.
And we are already working on a Notify When Avail field for all games.

Hope to have it up very soon.

Hm, I just sold my first game-infamous. It's a little unnerving to see that on the order status screen, it looks like I'd bought the game instead of sold it, but we'll see how it goes. Also, since these are return labels, they have no barcodes, but the instructions say to have the barcode visible. Slight oversight.

I look forward to a smooth transaction!

Wow, I'm browsing the site and I'm really impressed by what I see. But like some others have stated, I hesitate because I want a complete game w/case and manual. That is the same reason I don't buy used from Gamestop (that and their piss poor customer service). Tons and tons of potential... but that collector inside of me needs a manual and case.

However, I have bookmarked the site and will LOVE to shop there if that feature is implemented. Keep up the good work guys!

[quote name='flooty333']@gi60
No it's not the standard method that we're using. But for some reason paypal switches to echeck randomly every once in a while.
If you want you can try to reject that payment and we'll resend an instant payment back.

@mixed harmony.
Will have support reply to you right away re how to proceed.[/QUOTE]

ok cool i just want a correct adress so i can ship the games right away and not keep you guys waiting. i was pretty sure the adress i sent it to was correct but i guess not.

[quote name='RedGamer']When trading in, what are the requirements?

Disc?
Disc+Manual?
Disc+Manual+Coverart/Case?[/QUOTE]

Under the FAQ says disc + coverart/case but right before you sell a game it's different. Under the Terms and Conditions #6 it says that you acknowledge that the game is complete like the picture with disc manual and coverart.

I would guess that 99% of the games at Gamestaq are complete, so it would really be a shame to let that fear stop you from picking some up. As Baker mentioned, the terms do state that the game is complete with manual so at this point and going forward I think most games will be complete.

@bronxbombas
sorry. There's no way to combine buy and sell carts at this time. They would have to be 2 separate transactions.

I might sell my copy but i have yet to beat it on "good mode", so, maybe a bit later. Thanks for post op.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='flooty333']Oh cool - thanks ejh for the heads up.
And thanks to you guys at CAG.

Feel like a celebrity... lol. Hope this doesnt count as my 15 min of fame! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Lmao,They said my username, not yours.

Flooty - Just fyi, the paypal echeck still not clear, so I haven't sent the games yet. Hopefully tomorrow it's cleared.

Gi60. I think you should be comfortable enough to send out the games. We can't recall the echeck payment anyway.
Just for the record, we hate paypal. They're a pain in the ass to work with.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']This looks like the start of a beautiful site. When I buy my PS3 I'm definitely going to buy a lot from you guys.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the good words... cant wait to have you aboard!

[quote name='gi60']^Ok.. no problem.. I'll drop them at post office tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man!

[quote name='Capn Stabby']Er, I sent my games before I got my Paypal payment...but it did come a few hours ago as an eCheck. All good right, flooty?[/QUOTE]

Yup - you're all set!

OK, I'mma try this site for the first time this week! :D

the only thing I'd like to add is: y'all need more of a game selection for selling! ;P

Bought four games from the site last week. Transaction went smoothly and recieved my games within a week. Love the site, I've already recommended it to a few friends who said they'll definitely try it out.

I stumbled across this site and must say that it really looks good. You guys have basically taken transactions cost out of the equation, though I'm not sure how you can manage with those margins. I'll be sending out SF4 tomorrow and if things go smoothly, I'll definitely be purchasing from you guys in the future. Thanks.

It'd also be nice if there was an option on credit as well as cash. The cash is a great incentive, but if someone plans on doing multiple transactions, buying and selling on your site, then it would be nice to keep the credit all on a tab. Maybe as an incentive for keeping the credit internally it would waive/reduce the fee as you are double dipping.

i haven't had a chance to read all the post so how does shipping work, I'm trying to sell some games but it says free shipping, does that mean I have to pay for the shipping?

edit: ok i just read the faq's

[quote name='saiyajinsc']i haven't had a chance to read all the post so how does shipping work, I'm trying to sell some games but it says free shipping, does that mean I have to pay for the shipping?

edit: ok i just read the faq's[/QUOTE]

Nope, when selling you simply print out a shipping label and tape it onto your own mailer. I always use bubble mailer to insure the game doesn't break/scratch.

[quote name='converse']It'd also be nice if there was an option on credit as well as cash. The cash is a great incentive, but if someone plans on doing multiple transactions, buying and selling on your site, then it would be nice to keep the credit all on a tab. Maybe as an incentive for keeping the credit internally it would waive/reduce the fee as you are double dipping.[/QUOTE]

Hey Converse - great suggestion and this could be a feature we add in once we start rolling out some peer to peer features.
Will check into in with the dev team, and see what they have to say.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']I'm trying to trade in two more games, but it says that two games from a few weeks ago haven't been received yet.[/QUOTE]

Hockeyfun - gonna check on your last orders.
We're receiving a big delivery of games from sellers on Monday, so everyone should start to see "Received" updates by end of day Monday.

[quote name='boneless']Just a thought, why doesn't someone change the thread title because it seems as if it's only about Infamous.[/QUOTE]

Who can do that? just the user that started the thread, right?

Just a heads up for those wanting Madden 10 on the PS3. As long as payment arrives today, I will be sending it out today (COMPLETE and MINT) so it should be there for people to buy soon.

[quote name='boneless']Just a thought, why doesn't someone change the thread title because it seems as if it's only about Infamous.[/QUOTE]

Good idea... do you know how I can edit the title?

Some updates:

Fallout 3 - X360 - Avail to Buy ($32)
Fallout 3 - PS3 - Avail to Buy ($28)
Madden 10 - X360 - Avail to Buy ($45)
Wolfenstein - X360/PS3 - Added to Sell ($40)
Batman - X360/PS3 - Added to Sell ($45)

bread's done
Back