Buzz! Quiz TV Bundle PS3 - $19.95 at Wal-Mart - Not YMMV

Rictor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
This was reported in the YMMV Wal-Mart thread, but I have yet to see anyone in any state not find it at this price, so it seems to have been marked down at all Wal-Marts. Found the last copy at a Wal-Mart here in Indianapolis, marked $59.95 but rang up $19.95.

Figured since it's not YMMV, it deserved its own thread. This is the Buzz! Quiz TV Bundle with the 4 controllers in the big box, usually at the bottom of the display case or not in the case on a shelf with the Guitar Hero and DDR bundles.

The walmart in tucson had it in stock! I've been playing it since I got home today... $20 is such a steal for this game! I'm really impressed with the quality of the controllers and the variety of game modes!

I picked up the PSP Buzz quiz game for $5 at Target for a road trip. My wife and I really enjoyed playing the game together. So today I picked the last one up today at the Eden Prairie Walmart. (It was hiding behind all of the Sing-It boxes. The kid that opened up the display for me seemed surprised that I saw it back there... maybe hoping no one would find it?)

Anyway, I can't wait to play it with family and friends.

i'm jealous of all you bastards... my city is sold out completely. i found a display tag for it at one, and the lady working said some guy bought all five the other day... thanks dickhead.

[quote name='erectiontown']i'm jealous of all you bastards... my city is sold out completely. i found a display tag for it at one, and the lady working said some guy bought all five the other day... thanks dickhead.[/QUOTE]

what a fuck face

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! such a good deal and none anywhere. i was so souped to go to watchung assuming it'd be there...nope..

altho i did see simpsons season 4+5 for 15 each. picked those up. *sigh* seems like i need to wait a LOOOONG time for a price drop to be official for buzz. to those that got it for 20...hope ur fingers get jammed pressing those buzzers!

[quote name='erectiontown']i'm jealous of all you bastards... my city is sold out completely. i found a display tag for it at one, and the lady working said some guy bought all five the other day... thanks dickhead.[/QUOTE]

I fucking hate people like that :bomb:

when I finally found a store with it here I bought one and then posted to let other CAGs in the area know that it had one left

[quote name='brianace']Anyone seen these in SoCal? I've hit 2 Walmarts and a sears in OC, called a few more, still nothing.[/QUOTE]

I checked several in San Diego today (Otay Ranch, 15 Freeway and Chula Vista/Broadway) and they were completely sold out. I spoke to an employee at the one in Chula Vista and she confirmed they were marked at $20 earlier in the week and sold out.

[quote name='buckythekat']not sure I believe that site, it basically just said 0 stores in Virginia carry the game and I know I saw it when I was checking to see if PSN cards were clearanced at my local store[/QUOTE]
I thought the same thing. Then I read the listing closer.
It says the listings are stores that "carry" that item. Assuming that is correct (I don't), the others are omitted on purpose.

I checked about 7 different Wal-Marts since I can never trust the store locator thing. None of them had any in stock. Did manage to find one at Sears though, so thank you to whoever mentioned that earlier

I hope that Target will put this on clearance, I've seen a few at various targets, so hopefully this price drop is a sign that target will do it as well.

[quote name='dilbert2154']found it available at the crappy walmart in delray beach, FL (the one they are remodeling/under constructions, they had 2 left last i checked[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the one that is near the Albertsons/Blockbuster plaza? I used to live in Delray Beach, and that was the only Wal-Mart I recall being in town. Maybe Albertsons/Blockbuster closed down, but that's the best description I can recall.

The deal is good in Miami; Walmart across from Landshark stadium (formerly pro player stadium) has 2 left, after I took one! Good looking out OP!!!!!

Finally opened up the copy I picked up at Sears for $24.97 a couple months ago to play with friends I had over. It was lots of fun. I played single player for awhile after they left. Nice to see some decent user made quizzes online too. I could see how this game could get old quick though.

[quote name='LegolasFett']Do you mean the one that is near the Albertsons/Blockbuster plaza? I used to live in Delray Beach, and that was the only Wal-Mart I recall being in town. Maybe Albertsons/Blockbuster closed down, but that's the best description I can recall.[/QUOTE]

It was the one on military trl, just south of linton blvd, there is alot of construction going on and parking lot is small so its very busy

[quote name='dilbert2154']It was the one on military trl, just south of linton blvd, there is alot of construction going on and parking lot is small so its very busy[/QUOTE]

I know the names of the streets you mentioned, I just don't recall the layout of the town. I used to live by...that middle school by Barwick Park I believe it was called. Ah well, no big deal. Just surprised to see someone from a rather small town I used to live in. I now live in a MUCH smaller town in North Central FL.

man i cant find this game for the life of me!!!! if anyone near mass or nh finds one can you please post or pm if they have extras? thanks

[quote name='Hockey37']I have to be in ATL next week for business. Hopefully these will still be there by the time I get there late Monday night. Can you point me to which particular store this was, as I see there are several that seem to be close to Ft. Gillem. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GuitarMan']It's the Walmart on Anvil Block Rd. It's on the opposite side of I-675 from Ft. Gillem.
That's not really my usual WM, in fact I never really knew it was there (been open for about a year) and have been going to Ft. Gillem about twice a month or so.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Managed to grab the last one here (at least last in the case) while I am down here on business. Thanks again. :whee:

after I got my 19.96 buzz deal, I went back to Walmart, hoping that I'd stumble upon a miracle... I was hoping that the Fallout 3 CE edition was reduced as well.. anyway, no miracle for me tonight, it was still priced at 79.98. However, if Wallmart does drop the price, I know where there's at least 3 of them at. Also, there were still 2 more buzz(s) out there right where I left them.

For those of you that have this or have picked it up, are any of you playing it?

I tried to play an online "Sofa vs Sofa" match last night and sat in "the lobby" waiting for other online players for a half hour before I gave up.

[quote name='flix1']For those of you that have this or have picked it up, are any of you playing it?

I tried to play an online "Sofa vs Sofa" match last night and sat in "the lobby" waiting for other online players for a half hour before I gave up.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried online yet, but yes I'm playing it. I had real life people over and had four teams play. It was a lot of fun.:D

I'll probably try online play this week when it's just my wife and I.

For my Jerzy peeps, why doesn't the Secaucus Walmart show up on the website? I'm trying to find out if they have stock but actually Sears is closer to me (West Paterson) so I'll probably stop there on the way home from work.

This is a really fun game. A couple of observations:

1. Some people who really like trivia do not like this game. A couple of the mechanics will be broken for them, such as people buzzing in fast with the lucky answer, accidentally throwing a pie at the wrong person, platforms dropping too fast, etc. A lot of the elements that make this a fun casual game make it frustrating for people who take it too seriously, which I think is kind of silly.

2. Multiple times have I gotten the question, "Is this on the Wii?" And then they ask later, "Is this coming out for the Wii?" or will say "This would be fun on the Wii." I thought that was kind of funny. With SingStar, Rock Band, and Buzz, the PS3 has my favorite party/casual games for people over the age of 10. Many people who spend $250 on a Wii should put down an extra $150 to get a PS3. Or just get both! :)

[quote name='Hockey37']Thanks for the info. Managed to grab the last one here (at least last in the case) while I am down here on business. Thanks again. :whee:[/QUOTE]

You're welcome, glad to help out my fellow CAG members. :)

[quote name='regis100']This is a really fun game. A couple of observations:

1. ... A couple of the mechanics will be broken for them, such as people buzzing in fast with the lucky answer, accidentally throwing a pie at the wrong person[/QUOTE]

This happened to the 4 members of my family the 1st time we played. My sister already had one pie on her, then she answered the question correctly and inadvertently threw the pie on herself thus knocking her out of the pie round.

We don't need any more begging posts in here. If you want to set up a thread in the TL asking for people to pick up copies, go ahead. More begging/pickup-request posts will get deleted, as the previous ones were.

Well, somehow I missed this thread till today. Walmart.com shows 2 stores within 100 miles of me that carry this and the closest one (25 miles away) is OOS. There is a store 46 miles from me that supposedly has it. I don't think that's worth the trouble. So if anyone can pick me up a copy... JUST KIDDING Shrike ;). Actually, I barely see this as worth it at $20 so I wouldn't want to pay shipping anyway... I may try Sears though - they are usally more miss than hit for me though. I did get a PS2 Buzz bundle there a few months back for like $3. I might actually play a PS3 version, though ;).

[quote name='gfshurts']I haven't tried online yet, but yes I'm playing it. I had real life people over and had four teams play. It was a lot of fun.:D

I'll probably try online play this week when it's just my wife and I.[/QUOTE]
I too started with 4 people playing at my house, but after they left, I wanted to play online since the single player got boring quick ... though you have to play 50 single player games for one of the trophies.

[quote name='GuitarMan']This happened to the 4 members of my family the 1st time we played. My sister already had one pie on her, then she answered the question correctly and inadvertently threw the pie on herself thus knocking her out of the pie round.[/QUOTE]
My youngest daughter (7) has done this multiple times, and then she throws a complete tantrum.

I wish it was setup more like the "Point Stealer" round where you get to pick with the colored buttons who to steal points from.

[quote name='flix1']My youngest daughter (7) has done this multiple times, and then she throws a complete tantrum.

I wish it was setup more like the "Point Stealer" round where you get to pick with the colored buttons who to steal points from.[/QUOTE]

I agree. My wife and a friend were the only two left. The friend had 1 pie hit already. My wife buzzes in first and throws a pie... at herself. OK, unlucky. She gets the next question right again. Watches for a while, hits the buzzer and throws a pie... at herself again! It was hilarious for the rest of us but pretty frustrating for her. They should switch the mechanics of the pie round and "Point Stealer." If you steal points from your self who cares... you wouldn't lose or gain any.

Also, I'm a huge trivia buff but am pretty quick on a buzzer. You cover all four buttons with your fingers and it shouldn't take you longer than .75 seconds to buzz in.

[quote name='gfshurts']Also, I'm a huge trivia buff but am pretty quick on a buzzer. You cover all four buttons with your fingers and it shouldn't take you longer than .75 seconds to buzz in.[/QUOTE]
Hidden Trophy Info ...

In order to get the "Lightning Reactions" trophy, you need to answer 3 questions in a row in less than 0.5 seconds each (score of 290 or better for each question).

Honestly, I cannot see how this is possible without guessing, as you do not have time to read all 4 responses in that amount of time.

I checked the Pontiac, IL Wal-Mart tonight, and saw a bunch of the larger games on clearance. However, I couldn't find this one. They had one copy of the PS2 versions left for $20.

You're In the Movies was the only thing I considered at $20, but I passed on it too.

:l

I couldn't find one at any of my 3 wal-marts, but I stopped by Sears today and found it for 24.95 (as its covered in the sears thread). Not as good, but I just want to play it, and for only 5 dollars more, it didn't stop me.

So check out your sears if you still cant find one.

bread's done
Back