Buzz! Quiz TV Bundle PS3 - $19.95 at Wal-Mart - Not YMMV

Rictor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
This was reported in the YMMV Wal-Mart thread, but I have yet to see anyone in any state not find it at this price, so it seems to have been marked down at all Wal-Marts. Found the last copy at a Wal-Mart here in Indianapolis, marked $59.95 but rang up $19.95.

Figured since it's not YMMV, it deserved its own thread. This is the Buzz! Quiz TV Bundle with the 4 controllers in the big box, usually at the bottom of the display case or not in the case on a shelf with the Guitar Hero and DDR bundles.

Why are Walmart employees afraid of computers? Finally got someone in the Riverdale, NJ store to check the UPC code for me and he said that Cedar Knolls has 4 and Rockaway has 2. I called Cedar Knolls, mind you I was just there yesterday, and again no one wants to check their inventory, just the display case.

Obviously, they are in the back somewhere. I'm gonna go there after work and bash some heads.

Why do they even answer the phone if they're not going to help you?

These people are the worst!

Them: "Uh.. What game is it?"

Me: "Here's the UPC number..."

Them: "Just tell me the name."
"...It's not here. You might want to come look in the bargain bin."

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

BTW, that was the Rockaway, NJ store.

Idiots.

I'm going back to Cedar Knolls, NJ then if I can't find them, I'll go to Rockaway tomorrow.

According to the only normal Walmart employee, Jose in Riverdale, NJ...

Cedar Knolls has 4 and Rockaway has 2.

I called Sears (in Tewksbury, MA) this morning about this and the Sales guy there went out of his way to help me, checking the shelves multiple times and offering to go into the back to check if he didn't find it. First he found the PS2 ver., then he came back on the phone and asked for a little more info from me, and went back to the shelves to check again. On his second trip to the shelves he found a couple of copies...YAY.

He then told me that they were on clearance and that they were $19.97 each and that they wouldn't be getting more in stock, so he could hold one for me if I wanted it (or both). I raced down there this morning and bought them both (one for me, one for my brother).

I was VERY impressed at how helpful he was, especially to someone just calling in over the phone. Its been a LONG time since I've experienced such great customer service at a retail store. I am usually anti-Sears, but this was a good experience.

[quote name='brett2007']I called Sears (in Tewksbury, MA) this morning about this and the Sales guy there went out of his way to help me, checking the shelves multiple times and offering to go into the back to check if he didn't find it. First he found the PS2 ver., then he came back on the phone and asked for a little more info from me, and went back to the shelves to check again. On his second trip to the shelves he found a couple of copies...YAY.

He then told me that they were on clearance and that they were $19.97 each and that they wouldn't be getting more in stock, so he could hold one for me if I wanted it (or both). I raced down there this morning and bought them both (one for me, one for my brother).

I was VERY impressed at how helpful he was, especially to someone just calling in over the phone. Its been a LONG time since I've experienced such great customer service at a retail store. I am usually anti-Sears, but this was a good experience.[/QUOTE]
i had the same experience when calling my sears too, except no copies :(

I picked two of these up last week. I had a devil of a time finding it though, as most Wal-Mart's around here don't have it. The "in-stock" thing on their website is either just plain wrong or there are a lot of stores who have stuff in the back they aren't putting on the shelf. Finally found it after checking 4 other stores.

The Simpsonville location was the only one that had any that I found, and they had at least 4 more when I left. That was a week ago, though.

On another note: I bought two in order to play with 8 players, but I have no need for the second copy of the game. Is there anywhere that will take this trade-in without the controllers?

[quote name='Lord Alfred']I picked two of these up last week. I had a devil of a time finding it though, as most Wal-Mart's around here don't have it. The "in-stock" thing on their website is either just plain wrong or there are a lot of stores who have stuff in the back they aren't putting on the shelf. Finally found it after checking 4 other stores.

The Simpsonville location was the only one that had any that I found, and they had at least 4 more when I left. That was a week ago, though.

On another note: I bought two in order to play with 8 players, but I have no need for the second copy of the game. Is there anywhere that will take this trade-in without the controllers?[/QUOTE]

If you have two sets of controllers, up-to 8 people can play at the same time?

[quote name='vic_x51']none in walmart in linden nj..... :([/QUOTE]

Yea, and on the website, it said Linden had "Limited Stock".

...Off to Cedar Knolls again.

[quote name='brett2007']If you have two sets of controllers, up-to 8 people can play at the same time?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Sadly the game does have some limitations when you go online.

It's 4 players only, and only 1 person per system. Even though it's called Couch vs Couch. Oh well...

No dice at Cedar Knolls. The guy there was much more enthusiastic than the one yesterday and the one on the phone today. He went in the back and said only the PS2 version was back there. I'll check Rockaway, NJ tomorrow.

I finally found my copy after searching for a week around philly. I found the last one in a walmart on Columbus Blv. The game is super sweet after playing it I would def consider buying it for 60. The 20 dollar price point however is by far better! Thanks for the tip off OP! Also Sears in my area were completely sold out.

[quote name='edostar44']cant find a copy in so cal. Anybody have any luck with price matches?[/QUOTE]

I looked all over for this sucker. No luck. Also in SoCal. All's not lost, though. I read in the Toys R Us clearance thread that the PS3 Buzz is going on clearance 6/1 for ten bucks. You can't beat that with a stick.

[quote name='flix1']Hidden Trophy Info ...

In order to get the "Lightning Reactions" trophy, you need to answer 3 questions in a row in less than 0.5 seconds each (score of 290 or better for each question).

Honestly, I cannot see how this is possible without guessing, as you do not have time to read all 4 responses in that amount of time.
[/QUOTE]

Use this well-known trick: After you get the question, use the HOME button on your PS3 controller and it'll pause the game. Look up the answer, and then click the right one. Repeat until desired effect is achieved ;)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yep. Sadly the game does have some limitations when you go online.

It's 4 players only, and only 1 person per system. Even though it's called Couch vs Couch. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

It's 8 player offline. I use the 4 wireless buzzers + 4 wired ones I bought (the ones that came with the PS2 versions of Buzz). 8 player also works with 2 sets of the wireless buzzers.

Eye of Judgment Bundle (PS3) $19.98. You can find it any walmart or Super Walmart right now. Kmart & Big Kmart have it for $15 :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Eye of Judgment Bundle (PS3) $19.98. You can find it any walmart or Super Walmart right now. Kmart & Big Kmart have it for $15 :)[/QUOTE]

Not exactly on topic here, but... You may want to pick up a cheap PlayStation Eye with Sony's reveal of their new motion stick things (PlayStation Motion Controller)

thanks op for the info on this deal. I think I may of found the very last one in this area of Indianapolis, IN found it at the Walmart between Emerson and County Line over here only copy they had of it.. my family is having a blast with this game :)

Just A heads up.. I found a few copy's in the Goshen Indiana (Small) Wal-Mart (Market Center)
Thanks For The Heads Up!!! After I Got Mine, There Were 3 Left In The Case...

Is the online stock pretty accurate? I checked a couple weeks ago and it said that no walmarts within 100 miles of me had any in, is that going to be pretty safe to go by, my GF wants this pretty badly.

[quote name='Blinden']Is the online stock pretty accurate? I checked a couple weeks ago and it said that no walmarts within 100 miles of me had any in, is that going to be pretty safe to go by, my GF wants this pretty badly.[/QUOTE]

I would say no... as I checked my local stores online, and it said they had none.. went in to one of the stores and there were 4 in the case... so I would not my faith in the online...

[quote name='Vampyreonline']I would say no... as I checked my local stores online, and it said they had none.. went in to one of the stores and there were 4 in the case... so I would not my faith in the online...[/QUOTE]
I can agree on that. The online info is rarely correct. I usually just pick up the phone and call.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Eye of Judgment Bundle (PS3) $19.98. You can find it any walmart or Super Walmart right now. Kmart & Big Kmart have it for $15 :)[/QUOTE]

Oh... my... GOODNESS!

[quote name='Vampyreonline']I would say no... as I checked my local stores online, and it said they had none.. went in to one of the stores and there were 4 in the case... so I would not my faith in the online...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='emperordahc']I can agree on that. The online info is rarely correct. I usually just pick up the phone and call.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, turned out they had it in stock, this was Latrobe PA, not sure how many they had left, still awaiting the details from the boss.

Edit: Said she grabbed the one, and didn't see any others, found it hidden behind some other boxes in the elctronics section, she sniffed it out though.

Just got back from Kmart (I RAAAAAAAAN out of my office.) They were out of Eye of Judgement.

They had Buzz TV Quiz but were charging 60 bucks for it. (I checked at the register.)

Off to Walmart next!

My walmart has no eye bundles, if someoen can find it for 19.98 I will pay 30 bucks shipped if anyone wants to buy and sale to me!

I still play BUZZ Trivia on my PS3 when my friends come over. Sofa v Sofa is a little flawed, but still a ton of fun.

Snagged the last one in the Super Walmart near the Woodbury Commons outlets in NY. Employee was shocked when it rang up as $19.99. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Jitjit']Drove 30 miles and bought 1 from the Walmart in Dallas @ 635 and forest Ln. they still have around 7 left![/QUOTE]

Nice! I checked online, and the site says that location only has 1 left. I'll try and head down there in a bit, I suppose.

Saw a few of the Buzz TV bundles in the electronics clearance section at the Wal-Mart in Milpitas, CA last week.

I didn't pick any up - I was too busy getting the last sealed Eye of Judgment bundle (which rang up at $10 :))...

I cannot find this thing at a Wal-Mart anywhere near me, and I am a very sad panda as a result.

They've got a bunch at Target for full price, though... *sigh*

bread's done
Back