Buzz! Quiz TV Bundle PS3 - $19.95 at Wal-Mart - Not YMMV

Rictor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
This was reported in the YMMV Wal-Mart thread, but I have yet to see anyone in any state not find it at this price, so it seems to have been marked down at all Wal-Marts. Found the last copy at a Wal-Mart here in Indianapolis, marked $59.95 but rang up $19.95.

Figured since it's not YMMV, it deserved its own thread. This is the Buzz! Quiz TV Bundle with the 4 controllers in the big box, usually at the bottom of the display case or not in the case on a shelf with the Guitar Hero and DDR bundles.

If anyone snags this and wants to play, add me to PSN and PM me here.

I was also wondering, is there a way to get multiplayer online with multiple people on one end? Like me and my GF here at my house vs 2 people on the same PS3 online. Too confusing?

okay for my fellow CAGs west of Richmond, VA this is what I found today

two stores in Midlothian - 0
Chippenham & Forest Hill - 0
Quiocassin & Parham - 1 left (I bought the other one)
Short Pump - 0

oh and none of them had discounted PSN cards :whistle2:( (the one I found Buzz at didn't have any PSN cards for that matter)

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Got the last copy at my local Wal-Mart. Was actually tagged $19.99 behind the case.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Was pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

West Windsor, NJ had none, Piscataway had a few and I grabbed one. They also cleaned out the cases finally so there is some decent $20 titles out and about. Folklore, Hot Shots Golf, Disgaea 2, etc.

Hadn't had time to post as I've been at work all day, but when I read about this early this morning, I did the Walmart.com stock check as well with no results. I wasn't buying it.

I called one of the Walmarts I usually pass on my hour drive to work to see if they had any in stock.....and on top of the gal on the phone finding the last copy quite quickly, not only did she let me know it was $19.95 right over the phone - but also offered to hold it for me and put my name on it to be picked up @ the register in the electronics department! VERY NICE! I was in and out with the game in 4 minutes!

I know these employee experiences are very YMMV, but try calling around using the store locator on the website....I'm glad I did!

In for one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting this game since it released. I had this for PS2 and it's so fun to play with some friends. MUCH more fun than those Scene It games on 360.

Ran by one Walmart, they had a single copy of it, though it wasn't tagged. Rang up at $19.96, and this was at a Walmart that didn't come up in the inventory list.

I'd either call the store and ask them to check for it, or if you're thinking that a store rep might scoop it up, run by your local Walmart(s) and see if it's in stock.

I accidentally slept for 9 hours instead of going to wal mart. Once i woke up, i sent my girl over there to get the game since she was going to the gym. She came back with buzz with 4 controllers for $30....for ps2!!!! women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :whistle2:#

Ran by a couple of Wal-Marts and neither had it. Called a few others and none could find any (including one that the store locator said had it :cry:). Oh well. Thanks for the heads up anyways OP. I would've never seen this in the Walmart thread.

will just have to check Walmart out when I go then. store locater for me isnt much help, but I think I saw one at the Walmart I went to last week, but I didn't even know it was on sale or anything.

[quote name='gryphter']would you guys recommend this over Scene-It: Box office smash? I've been wanting to get a trivia game and don't want to have both... I have too many controllers already as it is[/QUOTE]

I think that Scene It has better presentation (and better controllers), but Buzz seems fairer and more balanced in scoring. And of course, Scene It is a very focused game as it only covers film, while Buzz covers all kinds of trivia. Buzz also lets you upload and download user-created quizzes. If you're the kind of person who gravitates toward movie trivia (like me and my brother), there's the possibility that Scene It will be all you need. It's more likely, however, that Buzz's breadth and user-created content will swing you in its favor.

[quote name='rapsodist']I think that Scene It has better presentation (and better controllers), but Buzz seems fairer and more balanced in scoring. And of course, Scene It is a very focused game as it only covers film, while Buzz covers all kinds of trivia. Buzz also lets you upload and download user-created quizzes. If you're the kind of person who gravitates toward movie trivia (like me and my brother), there's the possibility that Scene It will be all you need. It's more likely, however, that Buzz's breadth and user-created content will swing you in its favor.[/QUOTE]

I'm rather surprised you say Scene It has better presentation

from what I've seen Buzz has a much more game show feel to it with the game actually reading questions aloud to you

Scene It doesn't do that

[quote name='buckythekat']I'm rather surprised you say Scene It has better presentation

from what I've seen Buzz has a much more game show feel to it with the game actually reading questions aloud to you

Scene It doesn't do that[/QUOTE]

I agree, Buzz is far superior. It reads the questions for you. Much more casual friendly, and it feels like you are on a game show.

Thanks OP - Just picked this up as well. Store locater said 0 copies but I went for a look anyway and there it was! For anyone outside of Philadelphia, I can confirm that Levittown and Bristol Walmarts are out of stock. If I get a chance on lunch today I'll check a couple more and post if they have any.

I checked a Walmart near me (Chelmsford, MA) on my way into work and they didn't have it (only the PS2 version). :(

I will probably try another store this weekend, unless someone has an extra copy and wants to trade it for something on my trade list.

Last night I checked the walker springs and turkey creek location in knoxville, tn.. Neither of them had it.

This morning I went down to Sears and see if they had any, no luck. Then called the Maryville Wal-Mart location, I asked if they had any in, they said yes and asked them to hold it... SUCCESS! Got the last one.

Anyone who managed to get in on this deal want to start a gameshare group, so we can all get the addon packs for cheap?

I've been waiting for this to go on sale. According to the locator the stores near me don't have it though... I hope they are wrong.

[quote name='buckythekat']I'm rather surprised you say Scene It has better presentation

Scene It doesn't do that[/QUOTE]

[quote name='djpookie2000']I agree, Buzz is far superior. It reads the questions for you. Much more casual friendly, and it feels like you are on a game show.[/QUOTE]

I guess I wasn't so taken by the game show feel of Buzz (then what am I doing playing a trivia game, right?), and liked how Scene It would change up the scenery (no pun intended). You're certainly right, though, about Buzz reading the questions out loud. I guess I'd overlooked that because I'm a speed reader! :lol:

[quote name='mr_burnzz']edison and piscataway wal marts in NJ do not have any copies left............May try sears.[/QUOTE]

Damn, there were a few last night. You went to the one on Centennial Ave.?

[quote name='rapsodist']I guess I wasn't so taken by the game show feel of Buzz (then what am I doing playing a trivia game, right?), and liked how Scene It would change up the scenery (no pun intended). You're certainly right, though, about Buzz reading the questions out loud. I guess I'd overlooked that because I'm a speed reader! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I agree that I actually prefer Scene It. I find the presentation of Buzz a bit annoying and it seems like it takes much longer to play a game even though there don't seem to be as many questions. I do like the design of the Buzz wireless controllers though.

Thanks to the OP. Snagged one.

Been looking at this bundle since last winter when the lowest price was $42.99 at Newegg. I don't have enough people often enough to play it but for this price it can always be sold off if I don't want it.

[quote name='themidnighter23']just to clarify, this game is $20 at Wal-Mart and Sears?[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart seems to be a price drop everywhere. Sears is a YMMV. If anyone is in central FL, the Ocala Sears in the Paddock Mall had one MAYBE two left when I left there yesterday.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Damn, there were a few last night. You went to the one on Centennial Ave.?[/QUOTE]

yea, the one with sports auth and panera. my girl really wanted this game..me too.
did u goto pway high?

Thanks OP,

Been wanting this for some time now. Scored one, tagged at correct price, at a Walmart just a mile down Ft. Gillem, Atlanta, GA. There was 2 more available when I left.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']yea, the one with sports auth and panera. my girl really wanted this game..me too.
did u goto pway high?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess some lurkers got to them first. And no, I went to Watchung Hills

[quote name='GuitarMan']Thanks OP,

Been wanting this for some time now. Scored one, tagged at correct price, at a Walmart just a mile down Ft. Gillem, Atlanta, GA. There was 2 more available when I left.[/QUOTE]

I have to be in ATL next week for business. Hopefully these will still be there by the time I get there late Monday night. Can you point me to which particular store this was, as I see there are several that seem to be close to Ft. Gillem. Thanks.

[quote name='Hockey37']I have to be in ATL next week for business. Hopefully these will still be there by the time I get there late Monday night. Can you point me to which particular store this was, as I see there are several that seem to be close to Ft. Gillem. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's the Walmart on Anvil Block Rd. It's on the opposite side of I-675 from Ft. Gillem.
That's not really my usual WM, in fact I never really knew it was there (been open for about a year) and have been going to Ft. Gillem about twice a month or so.

I bought this game when NewEgg.com had it on sale for $41.99, and it was well worth it--what a freekin' great party game.

Such as shame that, per usual, the PS3's price point made the barrier of entry so unfairly prohibitive. Same goes for the SingStar series.

Eventually, I got it for $19.95. I drove over 20 miles and grabbed the last one.
I don't know if it deserves. Thanks OP.

[quote name='umerchodhry']i hope they're not just doing this deal to flush out the game or anything...i hope they keep this deal going :'([/QUOTE]
it's pretty clear they're trying to clear it out of all inventories

[quote name='mr_burnzz']edison and piscataway wal marts in NJ do not have any copies left............May try sears.[/QUOTE]

The walmart in Watchung does have it however. (Or at least did around lunch time when my wife picked it up for me today). Where do you live btw? I'm in Piscataway.

Anyone want to pick me up a copy? Most the walmarts here don't have it :(.

No Luck at San Leandro, CA Fremont, CA

Decided to not even bother with the other one in milpitas.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']anyone in Houston go to any stores and had luck or no luck? I don't want to go to a store someone already went to.[/QUOTE]

lazy troll...always asking for someone to do the work for you.

If you do not want to visit stores, cal them yourself!

[quote name='donut']lazy troll...always asking for someone to do the work for you.

If you do not want to visit stores, cal them yourself![/QUOTE]

well, I don't want to go to a store that someone been to without it. this way i get a heads up and I can go to a different store instead of just going to one someone already went to.

Uggg, I just checked another Walmart (near my house in Lunenburg, MA) and there were no copies to be found.

I never seem to be able to take advantage of these deals. :(

[quote name='greeble']The walmart in Watchung does have it however. (Or at least did around lunch time when my wife picked it up for me today). Where do you live btw? I'm in Piscataway.[/QUOTE]

hey. im also in pway. the urge to get this game for 20 is too great...must go to watchung. thanks for the heads up

For any St. Louis CAGs, don't bother with the Town & Country / Manchester, Fenton / Gravois Bluffs, Sunset Hills / S Lindbergh & 44 or South County / Telegraph stores. No copies in any of those stores.

bread's done
Back