Buzz! Quiz TV - CAG Night: Sundays at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST

I've changed my batteries on the 2 controls me and my wife use, but they were older rechargable batteries- so they aren't holding a charge as long as they should. I've had the game since launch.

Reminder to everyone that Buzz Night is happening on Sunday at 6 pm pst / 9 pm est.

Please make sure to register me on PSN so that I may invite you.

can't play tonight- i'm going to do the Burnout night to get a few missing trophies.

I picked up the 2 new quiz packs- so i'll be wanting to play more in the weeks to come.

Tagged. I just picked this up today at Sears for $24.97. I definitely plan to get in on the Sunday night CAG buzz if I can remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys about not hosting last week. I was a little busy with things.

Buzz Night will be happening tomorrow, Sunday at 6 pm pst. Be sure to add my PSN ID if you wanna join.

I'm good at that, as well. ;)

I didn't know you had to click back on the answer to disable it, and I totally screwed myself a time or two. I've only played this once yesterday, so I had to look down at the controller some, which explains why I missed the Victorias Secret question. haha.

gg all. I'll be back next week. The more the merrier.

[quote name='evergoo']Haha. I like to choose the most incorrect answers to make people laugh. :lol:[/quote]

I laughed so hard at "Which People Are Out To Get Bugs Bunny? Answer: Mickey Mouse".

I noticed that when playing online I either win or get last place (with a terrible score), there's no room for anything in between for me. :cool:

[quote name='Kanik']I laughed so hard at "Which People Are Out To Get Bugs Bunny? Answer: Mickey Mouse".[/QUOTE]

We all know Mickey hates competition. ;)

Does anyone have much experience or info in playing with 8 players? I can't find much using the google. Apparently you are supposed to plug in the wired controllers first. And I did manage to find a screen shot, although I'm not sure if it is accurate.

megaquizpiefight2.jpg

Are the modes the same?

Looks like I might just have to try it for myself one day and report back. :)

The modes are different. They cut out the pie fight, and bomb rounds. I guess they thought it would take too long.

I'm pretty sure you just plug in both sets of buzzers, then select "play with friends", then there is an 8-player option... but it's been a while.

Thanks for the response, nbballard.

I found a good response in another forum from someone who is supposedly a developer for the game ("dan_relentless", Buzz Dev Team):

You're right about why Pass The Bomb isn't included [because everyone would be waiting for ages for their turn]. We had a test version of it built while making Quiz TV, and in eightplayer it took ages for the round to end. The other thing we found is that there were long gaps where some players were doing nothing, waiting for the bomb to come back around again. People just got a bit bored by the time it was over. Something similar is true of eightplayer Pie Fight - unless you give everyone just one life (pie hit) each, the round goes on for ages. And you can probably imagine that 'one hit and you're out' isn't much fun to play.

So in the end we decided to ship the rounds that gave the best possible experience in eight player mode - nothing more or less technical than that. And of course, you don't need to buy a set of wireless buzzers to play with 5-8 players - you can use a set of the PS2's wired ones instead, if you have some around.

Cheers,
Dan
Also, I found another screen shot that I think might be more accurate.

Sorry folks but I won't be hosting Buzz Night today since I'm going out of town for my birthday.

You all may still play together, though. Just make sure to post here and register each other's PSN IDs.

Hmm...I need a co-host for future Buzz Nights in case I'm MIA or we have more than 4 players. Anybody interested? :whistle2:k

Oh crap, I totally forgot to consider taking over the hosting. I'm greatly sorry everyone, I have to head to bed soon since I'm expecting a call tomorrow morning.

I'm ready for some Mickey Mouse-like action. Erm. Yeah.

I saw the invite, then *poof*, nothing...

edit2: Woo. We all suck at old TV shows. haha

Things I Learned Today:
Antarctica is a desert.

Things that (insert name) Learned Today:
(Renald) - The computer Deep Blue located the Titanic.
(IPoopyStandingUp) - There exists a sport called Blindfold Tennis.
(Renald & IPoopyStandingUp) - Halitosis = smelly armpits.

And the Best Answer goes to:
Namco DID NOT create Mario, Lara Croft, and Sonic.

Thanks for the games everyone! I earned a silver trophy for 20 Sofa vs. Sofa wins.

[quote name='evergoo']
[/quote]

Duh!

Everyone knows WBTF is an acronym for Word Blindfold Tennis Federation!

:roll:

[quote name='evergoo']Things I Learned Today:
Antarctica is a desert.

Things that (insert name) Learned Today:
(Renald) - The computer Deep Blue located the Titanic.
(Renald & IPoopyStandingUp) - Halitosis = smelly armpits.

And the Best Answer goes to:
Namco DID NOT create Mario, Lara Croft, and Sonic.

Thanks for the games everyone! I earned a silver trophy for 20 Sofa vs. Sofa wins.[/quote]

heh. That Antarctica one killed me. I think that cost me the second game. The third one was just one sided affair. :p

yeah, the Antarctica question got me too--I thought it was Asia. XD

For the DLC Buzz packs, if someone in the group didn't have a particular DLC pack(s), would those questions still pop up if the host had the pack(s)?

Great game guys!

[quote name='Renald']For the DLC Buzz packs, if someone in the group didn't have a particular DLC pack(s), would those questions still pop up if the host had the pack(s)?[/QUOTE]

Everyone has to have the packs in order for it to activate. Luckily, the host owns all of them. ;)

[quote name='evergoo']Everyone has to have the packs in order for it to activate. Luckily, the host owns all of them. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I just joined a gamesharing group for Buzz so I should be getting some packs soon. :D

This may have been asked before, but are the old Buzz games compatible in any way? My TRU has quite a few on clearance for cheap.

Music and food seemed to get a lot of us tonight. That one game I saw someone finish with 0 and another with like...83? Brutal.

Kanik, I'm surprised you suck at Music because you're old Snake. You've lived through the times. ;)

Mtxbass1, here's a crash course on Kim Possible. Even Steven's chick does Kim, Boy Meets World's big brother does Ron, there's some sort of hamster sidekick, Christina Milian does the intro theme, and it's a Disney show. How do I know all of this? Blame my younger sisters. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7hIZss1b0Y&feature=related

Good game guys! :)

The music category pretty much killed me in today's game...ended up with 0 pts in one of the round. XD

evergoo--do you know if they still show the Kim Possible cartoon on TV? I used to watch it a couple years ago.

[quote name='evergoo']Kanik, I'm surprised you suck at Music because you're old Snake. You've lived through the times. ;)

Mtxbass1, here's a crash course on Kim Possible. Even Steven's chick does Kim, Boy Meets World's big brother does Ron, there's some sort of hamster sidekick, Christina Milian does the intro theme, and it's a Disney show. How do I know all of this? Blame my younger sisters. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7hIZss1b0Y&feature=related[/quote]

Went deaf from the shrapnel of a hand grenade of course! :D

I love that I got every Toon question I bet 500 points on correct but the two I bet 50 on were wrong. :lol:

[quote name='Renald']Good game guys! :)

The music category pretty much killed me in today's game...ended up with 0 pts in one of the round. XD

evergoo--do you know if they still show the Kim Possible cartoon on TV? I used to watch it a couple years ago.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's on a premium Disney cable channel called Toon Disney. You need like 100+ channels to watch it.

Anyways, I don't really watch tv anymore because I don't own one.

[quote name='evergoo']I believe it's on a premium Disney cable channel called Toon Disney. You need like 100+ channels to watch it.

Anyways, I don't really watch tv anymore because I don't own one.[/quote]

Heh. See, that's my problem. I don't ever watch TV or movies, so any fairly new question that isn't obvious, I just flat out miss. I had no clue about half of those Toons questions.

Looks like I can't host this week. Got to run some important errands and prepare some lessons for my students.

That still doesn't mean you all can't have a game night. We should know who the regulars are by now. ;)

bread's done
Back