CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any plans to get quick replies and quotes working for IE9?
Yep, it's on my todo list.
I know you're busting your ass over there, but could you maybe add your todo list and a change log to the first post so we can see what's in the pipeline? It's pretty frustrating when basic functions we used to have (deleting posts, useful search bar, drop down list of subforums for quick navigation, etc) go missing and we have no clue when they're coming back.
Press the hide button next to the quote and report buttons to delete posts.
That just hides it from view, it doesn't actually delete the posts, which is pretty helpful when maintaining a list in the Master ______ Trade List subforum.

I realize it's just John working on it, but it seems like many of the site's features are just taking a really long time to come back. Maybe it would have been worth it to hire some more people to help with the transition. 

Any plans to get quick replies and quotes working for IE9?
Yep, it's on my todo list.
I know you're busting your ass over there, but could you maybe add your todo list and a change log to the first post so we can see what's in the pipeline? It's pretty frustrating when basic functions we used to have (deleting posts, useful search bar, drop down list of subforums for quick navigation, etc) go missing and we have no clue when they're coming back.
Press the hide button next to the quote and report buttons to delete posts.
That just hides it from view, it doesn't actually delete the posts, which is pretty helpful when maintaining a list in the Master ______ Trade List subforum.
It's what is replacing the delete option, as only yourself and the mods can see that there used to be a post there.

I notice we can't delete our posts now. That's not good. Seems this switch deprived us of more features then we used to have and all it did was change the interface visually.

I used to be able to post a youtube link and it would automatically put the code for it to show in post. Now it shows it as a link again and I see no built in tags for video only images.
Hide = Delete. The only difference from before is the name.

Just drop most any media link in any post and it automatically embeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-4oK7Vp13c

Last edited by a moderator:
is it possible to switch to amazon uk when using the price tracker, now I only get all the prices from the us I'd like to get the updates from the shops located in the uk (shop to, amazon uk, zavvi)... or where can I find the latest deals section like on the old CAG where people would post deals they just had find out about..
UK prices are down temporarily, you will automatically see them when they come back online.

The UK deals forum is here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/49-uk/

Normally, you would find it more easily, but our geolocation software is currently down.

To everyone who asked, anyone not in a CAG Newbie usergroup can have 3 signature images.

I notice we can't delete our posts now. That's not good. Seems this switch deprived us of more features then we used to have and all it did was change the interface visually.

I used to be able to post a youtube link and it would automatically put the code for it to show in post. Now it shows it as a link again and I see no built in tags for video only images.

Just drop most any media link in any post and it automatically embeds:
Is there any chance that the limit on Youtube embeds in one post can be massively increased from just two or removed altogether?

is it possible to switch to amazon uk when using the price tracker, now I only get all the prices from the us I'd like to get the updates from the shops located in the uk (shop to, amazon uk, zavvi)... or where can I find the latest deals section like on the old CAG where people would post deals they just had find out about..
UK prices are down temporarily, you will automatically see them when they come back online.

The UK deals forum is here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/49-uk/

Normally, you would find it more easily, but our geolocation software is currently down.

To everyone who asked, anyone not in a CAG Newbie usergroup can have 3 signature images.
Thanks so much, you've been quite the crowdpleaser when it comes to listening to requets!

2 is good for me. I just wanted to swap out my XBL gamercard for a smaller one that would could sit beside my PSN one instead of below it!

It's what is replacing the delete option, as only yourself and the mods can see that there used to be a post there.
Aha, thanks guys. The help guide should be changed to reflect that in due time, cause I've been looking for "
comment_delete.png
Delete" in vain.

Are sigs still heavily restricted on the amount of their content or has that been lifted yet?

Also, I like that we still have the "preview post" option when using the "more reply options" on a standard post.  There was a similar option in 2.0 when editing your signature that I believe was called "preview changes".  I'd like to see that option added back when changing your signature.

To follow up on the custom spoiler issues from before, it looks like they're completely fixed now. I can edit posts with them in it and they won't reset, so that's all good now.

Are sigs still heavily restricted on the amount of their content or has that been lifted yet?
Was there something else overly restrictive?
Uh, my inability to read further back in the thread? :)

Actually, I get the following message when trying to change my sig.

"You may only use up to 5 lines of text in your signature."

I have only 5 lines of text. Does this include banners/images? Also, I get another message.

"Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image."

I'm not sure if this is in relation to my image or banner but I'm wondering if it could be related to the system icons in the text lines.

I'm getting this error message, when updating an archive post of mine:

CONTENT_TOO_LONG

Obviously archive posts will have a lot of info in them, so I'd appreciate if you can increasethe max length of posts. Can you also increase the max image limit too

I'm getting this error message, when updating an archive post of mine:

CONTENT_TOO_LONG

Obviously archive posts will have a lot of info in them, so I'd appreciate if you can increasethe max length of posts. Can you also increase the max image limit too
Try again.

Not a big fan of this update to say the least.  I prefer the old way.  Yes I suppose overall it had more ads but I still prefer it.

I don't like how the main page has giant jpg's in my face.  If I wanted that I'd go with Timeline on Facebook or MySpace.

I like you Cheapy, just really loathe the new look of the site and how centered it is.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just improperly labeled, but the go to first unread post button is broken for me. It simply takes me to the newest post bypassing others I haven't read. Would be nice to know if this is to be fixed or not.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just improperly labeled, but the go to first unread post button is broken for me. It simply takes me to the newest post bypassing others I haven't read. Would be nice to know if this is to be fixed or not.
It's not even showing up for me anymore. It was actually working splendidly, but now it's just gone.

It's not even showing up for me anymore. It was actually working splendidly, but now it's just gone.
Same for me
I'm in this boat, too. Using tapatalk for the time being, since I find that feature very useful.

I've noticed a few people comment on this, but I'm hoping a site administrator can provide a definitive answer to this question.  Every email notification has this blurb:

If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an email for each reply made to this topic.  Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.

What settings do I have to enable to get email notifications to behave this way?  Essentially, I want my email notifications to behave the same way they did with the old CAG.  Thanks.

It's not showing up for me either.

Yep came in here to say this as well. It's acting like the cookie has been cleared so getting no new messages button on every thread.

And saving a post is taking a long time, sometimes up to 20 seconds.

This happened before very briefly and then came back, so I was hoping the same thing would happen here. Now it's the next day and it's still broken. Really need this back ASAP.

I also found the "Go to newest unread post" extremely useful, and the button is gone from the My Content page (first thing I always go to). I have found that I can click on the thread title (to go to the OP) and then click the "go to first unread post" link at the top; the extra clicks are just annoying.

One thing I really like about CAG 3.0 compared to 2.0 is that it remembers my unread posts per thread no matter how many times I visit without looking at a particular thread.  I think on the old one it was timed, so I could go to My Content and there might be 15 threads with unread posts.  If I looked at 5 of them and then left, when I came back later that day the other 10 would not remember that I had unread posts.

Are they going to add back the Check My List button next to users with trade feedback next to our usernames on here? Not having that quick button link really really sucks...

Been off of CAG for about a week and come back to this. Nice, liking the steady improvements. Any ETA on when/if we'll be getting full size pages? These centered pages that take up 1/2 my screen are bugging the hell outta me. I bought a big monitor so I could use ALL of it, not half.

I still don't understand the custom spoiler problem. In the second post of the Penny Guide Thread, I am trying to put the FAQ in custom spoilers. However, it only seems to put the spoiler button there but not put the FAQ in the spoiler. Here's an example. It just puts the button there, despite having the whole thing wrapped in the spoiler when editing. What am I doing wrong?

[customspoiler=FAQ]

"Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher (or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items."

[/customspoiler]

It's still not working for me. I can copy and paste yours, but I can't personally make it work.

It should be, if I understand correctly. (I used parenthesis so it wouldn't make a button.)

(customspoiler='FAQ') What I want to enclose. Then, (/customspoiler)

When I try it,

[customspoiler='FAQ']

(Inside the spoiler).

[/customspoiler]

It creates a blank button.

Thanks for your help. I am sorry, I can't get this figured out.

You're using an uppercase Customspoiler there. When I tried it all lowercase it worked fine.
Huh, I didn't try that. I am trying it again here to see if it works.

[customspoiler='FAQ']

The inside of the spoiler.

[/customspoiler]

Edit: It just did the button. I really wish I could figure out what I am doing wrong.

Edit 2: Aha! I figured it out. I was putting the words on the next line. If you just put them on the same as the customspoiler it wraps it all in.

I.E.

[customspoiler='FAQ'] Here's the indside of the spoiler.

[/customspoiler]

Edit 3:

For more clarity, I was doing this. (Parenthesis are brackets)

(customspoiler='FAQ')

Inside of spoiler.

(/customspoiler)

When I should have been doing what I just did.

Thanks for your help! Glad I got it figured out!

Edit 4: Nope, maybe not. I still can't put paragraphs in customspoilers, just one line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back