CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Games" tab at the top of the page still links to this thread, don't know if that's supposed to happen or not.

Also, the price tracker is still a little wonky. It lists GTA V as being only $25, but that's for the guide, not the actual game.

Where did the drop down box go that allows you to jump from one forum to another? I used to be able to be in deals, then hit the drop down box and go straight to the 360 section, etc. Now it either doesn't exist or I can't find it in front of my face. I really hate back tracking now.

How hard is it to add page numbers and a goto page ability on the mobile site?  I view CAG almost exclusively on my smartphone, and it's been a pain in the ass ever since 3.0 went live.

So the pricetracker and everything IS coming back right? That kind of thing is just taking longer? Is there an ETA? That was my favorite CAG feature :/

That and the marketplace :(

So the pricetracker and everything IS coming back right? That kind of thing is just taking longer? Is there an ETA? That was my favorite CAG feature :/

That and the marketplace :(
Wow just kidding found the price tracker, its way on the bottom, really weird new place.. especially for the lists and everything, i was used to going straight through my profile to access those but they aren't there anymore unless I'm missing something?

Do i really have to log in every time I visit if I want the dark theme? Or click the button?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to read with the new layout too, why cant the thread titles just be one line instead of being word wrapped? :(

Just changed it back to dark and wishing this was the default as well, MUCH better. Not a fan of the white theme anymore, 

Nothing shows up regarding trade-in values when I go to the price tracker.

...is it sad that my first post is a complaint?

Done.

Also, John fixed the shitty default IPB forum display.
7BbY4.gif

Thank you!!

Not sure if it has been asked/addressed - or if this is even the right place to ask (I tried to search but came up with nothing)...

Can we get "steam : //" protocol to be recognized by the "[ url = ]" tag? Some of us had a nice way to add Steam friends by using Steam's Browser Protocol, but since the switch to CAG 3.0 this method has been inop.

Boy, it is really inconvenient to not know where I could see my game collection.  There's an option to add a game to my collection, but there's no way in hell to SEE my collection.  Good luck with fixing this, site programmers.

Boy, it is really inconvenient to not know where I could see my game collection. There's an option to add a game to my collection, but there's no way in hell to SEE my collection. Good luck with fixing this, site programmers.
Uh, you could click on "Your Collection" at the bottom of the page to, you know, see your collection.

Sorry if I missed it but when can we expect the ability to set the OP as a wiki to return?
I am anxiously awaiting this to be fixed as well--is there any update as to if/when wiki posts will return?

It has been almost 2 months since the switch-over, and there has been absolutely no mention or response about the return of this feature.

Will we be able to view the code in a post when we edit / create the post?

(i.e. see [ b ]  and [ / b ] {without the spaces} et cetera when we edit a post?) 

In my opinion it makes editing / changing anything in the post much easier.

Will we be able to view the code in a post when we edit / create the post?

(i.e. see [ b ] and [ / b ] {without the spaces} et cetera when we edit a post?)

In my opinion it makes editing / changing anything in the post much easier.
Just click on the light switch in the top left corner of buttons when writing up a post.

There is a fully excellent proper navigation coming soon.  John can give you a better idea on when to expect that. Should be any day.

Collection/wishlist/user list filtering options have been added for browsing by letter/platform. Also added a table view mode which disables auto-loading of extra results and lets you have a more traditional page navigation system. 

Collection/wishlist/user list filtering options have been added for browsing by letter/platform. Also added a table view mode which disables auto-loading of extra results and lets you have a more traditional page navigation system.
Thanks John! Keep it up.

I noticed custom titles are available on day one for newcomers and don't have to be earned anymore. Was that an intentional decision? I also noticed that the backup option for PM folders are gone, and that private conversations with a member that got banned completely disappear. I think that's a bit problematic for traders, who might need those PMs for proof in case they got scammed. It might also be useful to have such PMs for comparison in case a scammer registers a new account. They might change their user name, but usually not their moronic writing style.

I know it's not that big of a deal but I really liked how the user's actual feedback score was listed under their name, not just their %.

Is that permanently gone?

Thanks, do you have category #s planned for the older systems (PS2, PS1, etc.)? Also, in list and grid view, it filters the first 50 games by platform but, when I scroll down and it loads additional games, it starts showing games in other platforms. Table view works fine.

Where can we check game stop trade in values of when you sell your games? Did thus section move somewhere else on the new forum?

Thanks

Sorry, how do we enable tablet mode? I have an ultrabook so I tend to flip back and forth from laptop to tablet mode and wondering if the site will do that auto or if there is something I should be clicking..?

^^^ This sounds like a pretty valid point to me.

I noticed custom titles are available on day one for newcomers and don't have to be earned anymore. Was that an intentional decision? I also noticed that the backup option for PM folders are gone, and that private conversations with a member that got banned completely disappear. I think that's a bit problematic for traders, who might need those PMs for proof in case they got scammed. It might also be useful to have such PMs for comparison in case a scammer registers a new account. They might change their user name, but usually not their moronic writing style.

I'm looking forward to when the collection stuff is done so I start working on filling it up, setting games as beaten, and adjusting all of the options for game profiles since that stuff doesn't seem to work at the moment. Most of the games that I've checked just have random region settings checked and trying to correct them sometimes doesn't work at all.

Any chance we can get box art with grid view in collections? It's a bit annoying that you can't see both details and art at the same time like the old set up. Figured maybe grid view would be a good fit for it, as it's more like the old set up. And/or just allow you to optionally toggle it as before.

Anyway, good work. Things are coming together pretty nice.

I know it's not that big of a deal but I really liked how the user's actual feedback score was listed under their name, not just their %.

Is that permanently gone?
Agreed completely. It doesn't matter what percentage the feedback score is. If someone gets their friend to give them 1 positive, all we're going to see is 100%; yet someone who has 199 positives and 1 negative or neutral is going to show up as less reputable. Percentage scores without numbers to back it up are absolutely pointless. Why was it removed?

Agreed completely. It doesn't matter what percentage the feedback score is. If someone gets their friend to give them 1 positive, all we're going to see is 100%; yet someone who has 199 positives and 1 negative or neutral is going to show up as less reputable. Percentage scores without numbers to back it up are absolutely pointless. Why was it removed?
Also agreed. Taking that away is just making more work for us having to look into a person's history.

I like some of the changes that have been made to the site and i'm sure there are people working very hard to put this all together, but i can't for the life of me understand why there has been a sudden change to the way feedback is displayed. I have over 400 unique trades under my belt...that's something i want prospective traders to see at a glance. Now at a glance, my feedback looks no different from someone who completed his/her very first trade yesterday.

I'm looking forward to when the collection stuff is done so I start working on filling it up, setting games as beaten, and adjusting all of the options for game profiles since that stuff doesn't seem to work at the moment. Most of the games that I've checked just have random region settings checked and trying to correct them sometimes doesn't work at all.
Region settings being incorrect is something I've not been aware of. Is it random, or is there a clear pattern about which regions have been assigned? (E.g. JP games being assigned as EU, and so on.)

Hey John, nice update on the collection list! The one thing I liked about the collection was it gave me the total number of how many games I actually had, Was curious if that is still getting added? If not no biggie but other then that it's looking awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back