CAG Achievement/Gamerscore Group - EA & 2K strike again - FIFA 10 & NBA 2K11

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Anyone here playing Gears 1 & 2? I noticed a lot of my friends that don't have them completed are starting to play them with Gears 3 around the corner.

As for myself I am currently boosting Seriously with one other person. The two of us have been running 3 xboxes each but will be running 4 starting tomorrow. :D

In a 19 round warzone game we average 126 kills each per session, which takes roughly 30 minutes or so. That means 252 kills an hour and 1008 Kills every 4. Assuming it unlocks at 10,000 or shortly there after, we think so because we haven't dropped out of any games or anything like that, we are looking at 36 hours roughly to get it. Which is much better than the 120 hours or whatever it takes having 6 people. :razz:[/QUOTE]

You can boost that in the last part of the Campaign in Gears 2. 1000 kills every 10 minutes or so. I need to get Annex: Now with Execution Rules, win 3 Wingman matches, capture 10 meatflags (8 or so left) and win 10 rounds as leader in Guardian, in addition to Seriously 2.0 (about 65k to go).

I was never one for Gears 1 multiplayer, and I don't think I'll start now.

[quote name='mike.m']Who's got NHL 10? ;)[/QUOTE]

THIS.

servers are closing soon, and the only achievements i still need require a ridiculous amount of people to be playing online at the same time.

CAG ASSEMBLE!

msg me if you want in... GT: Stauskas

[quote name='jdawgg76']THere's online cheves for FNR4? I better get those before it's shut down, too.

For those who need the beat a EA rep in NFS Carbon you have a chance on Sunday from 2-5 pm English time zone whatever that is:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n4857/psa--need-to-beat-an-ea-mod-in-nfs-carbon.htm[/QUOTE]
How did I miss this? Are the servers for this game officially closed?

Isn't it impossible to get all the achievements in the game anyway?

No, Carbon's servers are still up. . .for now anyway. Smart money says they come down next time they close a bunch, probably February judging by the past. I don't know if it's possible to get all of the achievements or not, but it's nearly impossible to beat a rep since they don't play it anymore so we don't have many chances except for when they do something like that. I totally forgot about it by the way. Oh well.

I'm always available if anyone needs some Horde achievements.

Does anyone have, or feels like renting The First Templar? There are some co-op achievements. PM me or message me on XBL if you are up to play.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Is that faster than grinding the brumak scene? If you need any help with gears 1 or 2 lmk as I still need some mp cheves.[/QUOTE]

I'm boosting for the first seriously not 2.0 ;)

Nothing is faster than the Brumak part for Seriously 2.0 though :razz:

[quote name='The Ebbtide']How did I miss this? Are the servers for this game officially closed?

Isn't it impossible to get all the achievements in the game anyway?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. The moderator one is pretty much un-obtainable unless the mod who was giving the achievement out has a change of heart. You also cannot get the race day achievement anymore either. This is and the fact that Carbon sucks ass are the reasons I got rid of my copy.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Anyone here playing Gears 1 & 2? I noticed a lot of my friends that don't have them completed are starting to play them with Gears 3 around the corner.

As for myself I am currently boosting Seriously with one other person. The two of us have been running 3 xboxes each but will be running 4 starting tomorrow. :D

In a 19 round warzone game we average 126 kills each per session, which takes roughly 30 minutes or so. That means 252 kills an hour and 1008 Kills every 4. Assuming it unlocks at 10,000 or shortly there after, we think so because we haven't dropped out of any games or anything like that, we are looking at 36 hours roughly to get it. Which is much better than the 120 hours or whatever it takes having 6 people. :razz:[/QUOTE]
As lame as that sounds, it's the only reasonable way to go after Seriously...

People on the Gears of War forums are still talking about how they have over 20,000 leaderboard kills and no achievement. If it had the ability to buy 8 Xbox 360s, 8 copies of the game, with 8 controllers, and 8 gold profiles, while running all 8 at once on the same internet connection, I'd definitely do it, too.

I don't think I've hosted a game all summer where it finished with 8 players, or the other team wasn't a stacked clan, frequently glitching for weapons.

I really need help on Hoard mode achievements. I'm on 27 of 50 on nowhere by myself lol. Sagebigly7 gamertag if you want to play add me please! Gears 2. For gears 1 all I need is THIS IS ANNEX but I hate annex..not sure if I'll get that one.

Post about your Horde Mode request in the Gears of War 2 thread; this weekend there will be 10x XP, so people should be playing. Next weekend it's supposed to be 15x XP, followed by 20x XP, and then 25x XP the weekend before Gears of War 3. Just request help around those weekends.

Or...request help for Horde from this thread on the Gears of War 2 forums. You'll get help that night, I guarantee that. Just follow the request format and people will help you get what you need. I've personally helped someone through that thread, so I know people follow it.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Post about your Horde Mode request in the Gears of War 2 thread; this weekend there will be 10x XP, so people should be playing. Next weekend it's supposed to be 15x XP, followed by 20x XP, and then 25x XP the weekend before Gears of War 3. Just request help around those weekends.

Or...request help for Horde from this thread on the Gears of War 2 forums. You'll get help that night, I guarantee that. Just follow the request format and people will help you get what you need. I've personally helped someone through that thread, so I know people follow it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

this about snuck by. Looks like it only affects a couple cheves.

October 20, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
EA SPORTS™ MMA (Live Broadcast Feature only) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

[quote name='jdawgg76']this about snuck by. Looks like it only affects a couple cheves.

October 20, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
EA SPORTS™ MMA (Live Broadcast Feature only) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360[/QUOTE]

From what I read that while the Live Broadcasts would end, you would still be able to view older broadcasts to get the achievement. It is EA though so no guarantees. If you have the game you can get this in about 5 minutes by viewing one of the archived Live Broadcasts. I did it last week by just loading up one of the broadcasts and letting it play while I did something else. You cannot skip to the end so look for a broadcast that is only one fight long.

There are actually a lot of people still playing this online so I wouldn't anticipate all of the online for this game going down anytime soon.

I would anticipate they will be shutting down a bunch of stuff in the January/February time frame so it might be good to get working on some of the older sports games. FIFA 10 comes to mind and has some time consuming online achievements (100 ranked wins, all the Ultimate Team DLC). I also have no idea how Burnout Revenge servers are still up. Wouldn't be surprised to see NFS Carbon and Medal of Honor Airborne get shut down as well.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I am definitely counting on Medal of Honor Airborne getting shut down. I had better get cracking on that one myself.[/QUOTE]

I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the older Command & Conquer games were shut down. There is an 80 or 100 hour achievement in C&C 3 I believe which will be a real pita...

Also somehow we all missed the ranked servers for Frontlines getting shutdown. Can no longer get 3 achievements (Top Scorer, Flawless & Marksman).

[quote name='jdawgg76']Frontlines? Isn't that a THQ game? I thought only EA and 2kSports ran their own servers and could shut stuff down?[/QUOTE]

Yea, not sure why the ranked servers were shut down. I still believe you can play unranked games though for whatever that is worth.

Only other game I can remember that was completely shut down online that wasn't an EA game was Chromehounds. 2K doesn't technically shut down their servers, but they make changes/discontinue features that nerf their older games (NBA Today Games, Online Leagues, Online Team Up Games, day specific achievements (MLB All-Star Game), etc. If you want to 1k sports games your best bet is to get them at launch and make sure you get the online out of the way asap.

Did anyone pick up Outland while it was on sale? I just finished the game yesterday and I need a co-op partner to get the one online achievement.

I am also looking for a boosting partners for Might and Magic Clash of Heroes online achievements.
I finished the story but need to get the three online achs.

I really enjoyed both of these games and would like to 100% them. Thanks

December 6, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

• FIFA 10 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • FIFA 10 Ultimate Team for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

[quote name='jdawgg76']December 6, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

• FIFA 10 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • FIFA 10 Ultimate Team for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
  • 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
[/QUOTE]

Yea, EA strikes again. Here are some links to the achievement lists (Thanks to TA!)

http://www.trueachievements.com/n6242/2010-world-cup-and-fifa-10-server-closures.htm

Lots of online achievements in all these games so get cracking if you want to get them out of the way.

Also NBA 2K11 servers could be shutdown as soon as November 16th. Here is a TA link to the story:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n6213/nba-2k11-servers-to-close-soon.htm

NBA 2K10 only lasted 14 months and looks like 2K11 won't even make it that long. 2K is as bad as EA.

According to Pastapadre.com we got more time on NBA2k11:

Last week 2K Sports made the surprising announcement that the servers for NBA 2K11 would be taken offline in the middle of November. The company immediately took a great deal of PR heat for the decision. Timing wise the move couldn’t have been worse (due to the league lockout and 2K12′s admitted online problems) and there had been no precedent for ending online services only 13 months after release of a game. NBA 2K11 was immensely popular, it is among the highest selling games this calendar year even, and carries with it popular online features that were removed with 2K12.
Now though in the face of heavy criticism 2K has changed their mind and will keep the NBA 2K11 servers active until April 2012. Though it isn’t the full two years plus that other companies typically wait at the very least it provides the expected value that consumers had when the product was purchased. 2K should have anticipated the backlash given the message that shutting down the servers sent but regardless now the proper decision has been made and focus on improving the experience with 2K12 instead can continue.

Yea, I saw that they postponed shutting down the servers for a few more months on TA or x360a over the weekend but forgot to post it here. Thanks for reminding me.

I still suggest getting the NBA 2K11 achievements out of the way sooner rather than later. Some of them are difficult due to how you match up with people in the lobbies. There were a ton of randoms playing the game legit when I did the achievements a few weeks back so I'd suggest playing at non-peak times.

Started boosting MoH: Airborne last night and it isn't too bad. God the game is complete trash. It actually makes me appreciate COD :shock:

Anywho, I would advise people doing it sooner rather than later since I think it will be in the next round of closures.

Anyone else think Army of Two: 40th Day will be on the next round too? I was thinking of starting that soon.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Anyone else think Army of Two: 40th Day will be on the next round too? I was thinking of starting that soon.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say given there is very little precedent on EA's server closures (such as the fact that Burnout Revenge is still live despite being an early gen game).

However the original Army of Two just got shut down last year , and without a new game in the series there's less reason for EA to shut it down right now (can't force players to move up to the newest one if there isn't one).

Given the stupid situation with the achievements and the DLC for 40th day though , I'm almost tempted not to even go for them.

[quote name='jdawgg76']what's the issue with 40th day?[/QUOTE]

The DLC achievements are buggy as hell.

Also OT, well kinda... COD 3 boosting sucks balls! :bomb:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']The DLC achievements are buggy as hell.[/QUOTE]

Get all of the DLC achievements out of the way before touching any of the online and you should be safe. That worked out for me.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Got MoH Airborne online all done. :D[/QUOTE]

Nice, that was not a fun grind for me. Did you get all the zero point achievements as well?

[quote name='PR Mega X']Get all of the DLC achievements out of the way before touching any of the online and you should be safe. That worked out for me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is how I did Ao2 40th day. Apparently getting online achievements in the original 1k stops the dlc achievements from unlocking.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Nice, that was not a fun grind for me. Did you get all the zero point achievements as well? .[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did thankfully. For once my slacking paid off. I have had that game sitting on my shelf since it came out. Glad I never popped an online achievement before one of those patches because it seems that is what glitched the achievement for everyone.

From Trueachievements.com

As our community very much knows by now, some of the Need for Speed games include achievements for beating EA moderators in online races. Unlike some other viral achievements, players who have already earned this achievement can not pass it on themselves; you really do have to beat an EA moderator to get the achievement. That was until recently.

EA has realised that demand for these achievements far outstrips the availability of the moderators in Need for Speed: ProStreet and Need for Speed: Carbon, especially as players become more desperate for the EA Moderator achievement in ProStreet with the impending closure of the servers. As a result, they have advertised for players who are willing to help spread these achievements on the @NeedforSpeed Twitter account. Players who reply will be set up with moderator status and will be able to help spread these achievements much quicker than EA would be able to do on their own.

bread's done
Back