CAG Achievement/Gamerscore Group - EA & 2K strike again - FIFA 10 & NBA 2K11

I'm trying to get together a group for boosting Gears 2 Social KotH during the 6xp week. I'm trying for 11 p.m. EST tonight right now (I plan on trying for a session each night until Monday), so if you're interested message me or F.R. me. My GT is: Shinobi Hanzo

Thanks!

[quote name='wjhard63']I'm trying to get together a group for boosting Gears 2 Social KotH during the 6xp week. I'm trying for 11 p.m. EST tonight right now (I plan on trying for a session each night until Monday), so if you're interested message me or F.R. me. My GT is: Shinobi Hanzo

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I've barely touched the multiplayer on this game, so I'd like to get on on this.

Good games last night, PR.

For anyone interested, I plan on trying to get a group together again for the social KotH Gears 2 boost tonight, around 11 p.m. EST again.

Thanks!

Damn Shinobi; I didn't see this. I saw it mentioned in the Gears 2 thread and came here to post about it. Pirate331 said he's interested as well. Would you still like to do it even after the 6x XP ends (in 3 hours)? I'd really love to level for achievements, and it would be cool to play with you since I remember you being a nice guy from when we played SSFIITHDR.

For those who don't know how KOTH boosting works, which I did not, here's a quote:

[quote name='bs000']You find 10 players and if you don't have 10 you sign in some guest accounts. Meet up in a social match. One team stays in the ring to cap over and over, while the other enters and exits the ring to break it over and over. Each player in team inside the ring gets 200 points over and over for capping. Team breaking the cap gets 50 points per break. Switch just before the capping team gets enough points to win. 140k exp per match.[/QUOTE]

Oh, and one more thing: Pirate, I got into Gears 1 reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally late. Like, July-August of 2008 late. So I would love to go for some achievements on that in both multiplayer as well as beating single player on Hardcore and Insane.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I'd be in for some Gears 1 and 2 achievements.[/QUOTE]

Count me in if you need someone to work on Gears 1 or 2. The first one is still sealed on my shelf, so if anyone needs to work on the campaign, I'm up for that, too :lol:

[quote name='Matt Young']Damn Shinobi; I didn't see this. I saw it mentioned in the Gears 2 thread and came here to post about it. Pirate331 said he's interested as well. Would you still like to do it even after the 6x XP ends (in 3 hours)? I'd really love to level for achievements, and it would be cool to play with you since I remember you being a nice guy from when we played SSFIITHDR.[/QUOTE]

Hey Matt, thanks for the kind words - that's very nice of you! I tried to message you back a few days ago, but your inbox was full, so I couldn't send it. Anyway, I'm always up for Gears boosting. I'll probably make more of an effort to boost Exp on the next Gears 2 triple xp/whatever xp boost Epic does for the next holiday (maybe July 4 weekend?), but I can help you out if you need it on the achievements if I'm not teamed up in another game (I personally still need the Gears 2 Annex ach & Wingman ach and the Gears 1 weapons, Annex, and Seriously). Hit me up with a friend request on XBL and we get things going soon.

I was part of a Tuesday night Gears 1 Seriously/Weapon boosting group that was meeting every week, but that fell apart 2 months ago. I'd be up for getting a group together provided we can start late (11 p.m. EST - I put my 2 year-old to bed every night and she has a habit of staying up late). If you're interested, just let me know.

Thanks!

For the wingman achievements in Gears 2, start up a custom game on the desired map and fill it with bots; they can be pretty brutal if you rush right at them, but take your time and you'll win every match in 2-3 rounds tops. At least that's how I got my various wingman achievements.

I posted this in the Gears 2 thread, but since people are discussing boosting XP in GoW2 here as well I thought it was relevant:

Rod Fergusson from Epic hinted on twitter about doing another XP event over July 4th. He asked for input from the community on the event. Personally, now that they have rolled out 6xp over E3 I don't think anything less is getting me back to grind towards level 100 especially with 4 million xp or more to go. If anyone wants to get to level 100 and not have to play the game a ton it might be good to send him a tweet that future events have to be at least 6x XP for you to play. I assume they plan on doing frequent XP events over the next 10 months to keep interest up for Gears 3 and you know they have talked about unlocks for getting certain achievements so 6x (or more) could possibly come back frequently. Just a thought.

http://twitter.com/GearsViking

He updated that there will definitely be a July 4th event and that he was "all about giving out the XP" in future events so that is good news for us. Might be a good idea to drop him a tweet if you are on the twitter though.

If it is 6X xp at least I will boost the hell out of the game that weekend, since I didn't do as much as I should have last week. If anyone else is interested maybe we can get a deidicated cag group. I have a couple others interested as well.

[quote name='Khalid']Anyone is willing to trade a win for this achievement in Puzzle Quest? Warlord , Win an Xbox LIVE match.[/QUOTE]

I'll help you if you still need it

Anyone own Hellboy still? Looking to get the co-op achievements. particularly the complete all missions.

If you have already done that achievement and played through the game online then the achievement is glitched, would only require you to play one chapter with me for it.

If anyone has Fuzion Frenzy 2 and would be willing to help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I have a bunch of games (both arcade and retail) that I could help you out with in exchange.

[quote name='Matt Young']Gears 2 KOTH booting, anyone?[/QUOTE]

I'll be boosting it all weekend until I hit level 100. Will probably start around 9pm EST tomorrow. If you or anyone else is interested send me a message.

[quote name='Matt Young']Gears 2 KOTH boosting, anyone?[/QUOTE]

I gave up at Level 50. I will say Horde boosting might be quicker this time around. 9 waves of Tickers on Insane should go by really quick, especially on maps with shields.

[quote name='lordopus99']I gave up at Level 50. I will say Horde boosting might be quicker this time around. 9 waves of Tickers on Insane should go by really quick, especially on maps with shields.[/QUOTE]

KotH was getting 140,000+ an hour at 6x xp so figure 180,000+ @ 8x.

In horde, if you have an incredible team you might be able to do a round per minute if it is all tickers. Based on past boosting experience, more than likely you will be lucky to get 45 games done in an hour with the time in between rounds and having to restart, etc that is only around 90,000xp. KotH is really the only way to go especially when you consider that @ level 50 you only have around 700,000 xp and that is barley 10% of the way to level 100 (6.8 million).

This weekend I am actually trying to stack teams in KotH boosting so that one team only has to stay in the circle the entire match while the second team comprised of only secondary accounts contunually break the circle. This method should get you almost 400,000 xp per hour.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']KotH was getting 140,000+ an hour at 6x xp so figure 180,000+ @ 8x.

In horde, if you have an incredible team you might be able to do a round per minute if it is all tickers. Based on past boosting experience, more than likely you will be lucky to get 45 games done in an hour with the time in between rounds and having to restart, etc that is only around 90,000xp. KotH is really the only way to go especially when you consider that @ level 50 you only have around 700,000 xp and that is barley 10% of the way to level 100 (6.8 million).

This weekend I am actually trying to stack teams in KotH boosting so that one team only has to stay in the circle the entire match while the second team comprised of only secondary accounts contunually break the circle. This method should get you almost 400,000 xp per hour.[/QUOTE]

Damn Glock, you're like the Hannibal Smith of boost planning. :D

[quote name='Matt Young']Gears 2 KOTH boosting, anyone?[/QUOTE]
I'm down for it if I'm not working on C&C:RA3 co-op. Anyone can feel free to hit me up if I'm online to join in, and if I can, I will. GT: Shinobi Hanzo

Just found this group - sent the Cleaner a message to add me. If anyone is looking for Borderlands, ODST, Halo 3, GTAIV, Red Dead Redemption, Red Alert 3, RE5 coop - let me know.

Gamertag; ALMazinBlazin

I'm up for Gears 2 -- if anyone has room, feel free to invite me :) As long as I'm not playing The Club or Ghostbusters, I should be free to join.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I'll be boosting it all weekend until I hit level 100. Will probably start around 9pm EST tomorrow. If you or anyone else is interested send me a message.[/QUOTE]

Still planning to start at that time? EastX is interested, as well.

Anyone want to do the Madden NFL Arcade achievements since the game is $5 at Best Buy now? I already have Don't Stop Believing (The hardest Ach to get), so you'd only need to boost me up to Level 6 for you to get it rather than needing to get the second player to Level 11.

EDIT: Got all the achievements, but still willing to help others out on my way to level 6. You win your 5 in a row and let me win the other 10 for your 15 games online, then I'll PM you once I've reached Level 6 for Don't Stop Believing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lolwut?']If anyone has Fuzion Frenzy 2 and would be willing to help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I have a bunch of games (both arcade and retail) that I could help you out with in exchange.[/QUOTE]

I have never done any achievements online for that game, if you want to do it, just tell me so we could set up a time we can do it. Hoping that this time there will be no online difficulties.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Anyone want to do the Madden NFL Arcade achievements since the game is $5 at Best Buy now? I already have Don't Stop Believing (The hardest Ach to get), so you'd only need to boost me up to Level 6 for you to get it rather than needing to get the second player to Level 11.[/QUOTE]

I'll help you with those. I pretty much need all of them; I've only played a few offline games, but the CPU is a dick, even on Rookie. I'll shoot you a FR

[quote name='Khalid']I have never done any achievements online for that game, if you want to do it, just tell me so we could set up a time we can do it. Hoping that this time there will be no online difficulties.[/QUOTE]

Someone is supposed to be helping me tomorrow with them, but if he doesn't end up going online, or if you just want me to help you get them, I'm down. Shoot me a message anytime after 3PM EST

Anyone want to work on some of the Horde maps in GoW2? I know you don't get nearly as much XP as you do boosting KotH, but it breaks up the monotony of capping and breaking. Plus, I still need the Horde achievements :)

[quote name='lolwut?']
Someone is supposed to be helping me tomorrow with them, but if he doesn't end up going online, or if you just want me to help you get them, I'm down. Shoot me a message anytime after 3PM EST[/QUOTE]

Alright, if you still need them, I will be free tonight.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Anyone want to do the Madden NFL Arcade achievements since the game is $5 at Best Buy now? I already have Don't Stop Believing (The hardest Ach to get), so you'd only need to boost me up to Level 6 for you to get it rather than needing to get the second player to Level 11.[/QUOTE]

i'm down for madden.. i'll shoot you a msg next time i see you online

Hey guys

Anyone mind helping a fellow CAG get some achievements in Forza 3? there are two marketplace-related ones I need to get and then I'll have all of them except the "solid gold" one. I need to sell a car and a tuning setup/design/vinyl on the marketplace.

I've put up a car for sale in the auction house and also a tuning setup. The car is a FIAT which I have upgraded to class D. It only costs 1000CR you can find it by searching by make (FIAT) and by car class (class D) you should see it with my gamertag.

The tuning setup is also 1000CR (minimum you can set) if you can't find it from my storefront just do a text search for "achievements ftw" and it should pop up. It's for the Mazda Dyson Racing #16 car, configured to race in the R2 class.

Anyhow, if anyone could help me out and jump on Forza to buy these 2 things I'd really appreciate it! I normally don't achievement-whore but I have all the other ones in the game except for solid gold so I want to be able to get the max gamerscore for this game someday (seeing's how hours-wise, this is one of the games I have played the most).

Ruahrc

P.S. my gamertag is StormnN0rm (the second "o" is a zero).

Can anyone tell me what can still be done in NBA 2k7? From what I understand they only removed the ability to do tournaments/leagues/etc., can I still get the 10/20 win achievements? or is the online mode completely gone?

[quote name='life.exe']Can anyone tell me what can still be done in NBA 2k7? From what I understand they only removed the ability to do tournaments/leagues/etc., can I still get the 10/20 win achievements? or is the online mode completely gone?[/QUOTE]

Here is a great thread with info on all unachievable achievements. Lots of great info there:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=117325

It doesn't look like you can get any of the online stuff in that game any longer.

[quote name='PR Mega X']So looks like the next Gears of War 2 XP multiplier event is next weekend -- 20x multiplier!

http://www.trueachievements.com/n1525/next-bonus-xp-event-for-gears-of-war-2.htm

Who's in for some King of the Hill boosting?[/QUOTE]

Yea that is a pretty insane event. If anyone needs to hit level 100 this is the time to do it. I know a lot of people, including myself, hit level 100 during the recent 6x and 8x XP events, but I would be shocked to see it ever this high again.

A lot of people have been posting about boosting in the Gears 2 thread here on CAG so check that out if you are interested. You can also check trueachievements.com as there will hundreds of boosting sessions created on that site for this event. Or just start jumping into social KotH games and more than likely you will quickly find a boosting group.

To any of the guys who were boosting Madden NFL Arcade a couple weeks back, anyone still a level 6 or higher? I'd like to get the "Defeat someone 5 levels higher than you" out of the way before I grind out the 5 in a row wins.

Willing to help boost the other achievements in that game or other games. Just let me know. Thanks!

[quote name='lordopus99']If anyone still needs Halo 3 Campaign Complete: Legendary, let me know as I would be interested in going for it.[/QUOTE]

I would be up for that.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']To any of the guys who were boosting Madden NFL Arcade a couple weeks back, anyone still a level 6 or higher? I'd like to get the "Defeat someone 5 levels higher than you" out of the way before I grind out the 5 in a row wins.

Willing to help boost the other achievements in that game or other games. Just let me know. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm looking for this one too.

Hey guys, I'm looking for something that'll update my Twitter with my achievements as I get them, does anyone know of anything that's around for me to use? I used to have XboxTweet, but the site closed down.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hey guys, I'm looking for something that'll update my Twitter with my achievements as I get them, does anyone know of anything that's around for me to use? I used to have XboxTweet, but the site closed down.[/QUOTE]

Trueachievements has twitter integration, but I haven't used it yet. Although after you post I decided to enter my twitter stuff just to see how it works. Here is the link:

http://www.trueachievements.com/twitter.aspx

You have to be a member of Trueachievements.com to use it, but if you haven't signed up for that site in the past then I highly recommend it. It is the best achievement site out there as of now. Their gaming sessions are primarily how I setup time to game with friends.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hey guys, I'm looking for something that'll update my Twitter with my achievements as I get them, does anyone know of anything that's around for me to use? I used to have XboxTweet, but the site closed down.[/QUOTE]

Raptr has it.

I need you guys' opinion. I have a copy of Gears of War that is collecting dust. Is getting the Seriously achievement even possible or should I just put it on my trade pile and get Gears 2 instead?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Trueachievements has twitter integration, but I haven't used it yet. Although after you post I decided to enter my twitter stuff just to see how it works. Here is the link:

http://www.trueachievements.com/twitter.aspx

You have to be a member of Trueachievements.com to use it, but if you haven't signed up for that site in the past then I highly recommend it. It is the best achievement site out there as of now. Their gaming sessions are primarily how I setup time to game with friends.[/QUOTE]
It looks very nice, thanks a lot!

[quote name='jonathanp']I need you guys' opinion. I have a copy of Gears of War that is collecting dust. Is getting the Seriously achievement even possible or should I just put it on my trade pile and get Gears 2 instead?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't spend the time on it if I were you. Unless you are a completionist I would just move to GoW2.

Not only is Seriously very time-consuming, but it is also very glitchy. There are people who have thousands of kills over the 10,000 who still do not have the achievement and no one really knows why it only takes 10-11k for some and takes considerably more for others. There are plenty of theories, like when you or the host quits the kills don't count, etc. But nothing definitive.

bread's done
Back