CAG Achievement/Gamerscore Group - EA & 2K strike again - FIFA 10 & NBA 2K11

How'd this thread get so quiet? I posted this in it's own thread, but figured I'd post here too, since a lot of people have this one subscribed and might miss my thread. Hope it helps.

9/17 - Brothers In Arms HH achievement - play on 9/17. CAG Game Night for MP!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about an achievement that unlocks once a year in Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway:

Remember September '44 (50)While connected to Xbox LIVE, play the game on September 17th

Starts at midnight! I got a copy from GS for 5.xx last November so I haven't gotten this one yet.

CAG Game Night seems to be in order as there are MP achievements for this game and it seems that the online community for this is dead so why not? I won't be able to play until 8 to 10pm ish.

[quote name='jdawgg76']How'd this thread get so quiet? I posted this in it's own thread, but figured I'd post here too, since a lot of people have this one subscribed and might miss my thread. Hope it helps.

9/17 - Brothers In Arms HH achievement - play on 9/17. CAG Game Night for MP!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about an achievement that unlocks once a year in Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway:

Remember September '44 (50)While connected to Xbox LIVE, play the game on September 17th

Starts at midnight! I got a copy from GS for 5.xx last November so I haven't gotten this one yet.

CAG Game Night seems to be in order as there are MP achievements for this game and it seems that the online community for this is dead so why not? I won't be able to play until 8 to 10pm ish.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder on this one. I got the game a few months ago in a lowball and haven't played it yet, so this seems as good an opportunity as any.

Hey everyone, another server shutdown from EA. Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2 servers are being shut down on January 11, 2011. The link from TA.com will give you details on which achievements are impacted:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n2424/lotr-battle-for-midearth-2-server-shutdown.htm

Also, I have done some house cleaning to the OP, removing the outdated game boosting lists and the list of gamertags that no longer worked correctly due to the recent redesign of xbox.com

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Hey everyone, another server shutdown from EA. Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2 servers are being shut down on January 11, 2011. The link from TA.com will give you details on which achievements are impacted:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n2424/lotr-battle-for-midearth-2-server-shutdown.htm

Also, I have done some house cleaning to the OP, removing the outdated game boosting lists and the list of gamertags that no longer worked correctly due to the recent redesign of xbox.com[/QUOTE]I've been anticipating this summer and fall. Surprised it didn't happen sooner. I expect we'll see a rash of closures for the first few months each year perhaps. I've been meaning to play this, Burnout Revenge and the first Battlefield (wonder if anyone is still playing it) as I expect they're the next few to drop, although Revenge usually has games going on whenever I've tried it. If anyone wants to boost this send me a FR.

Edit: Nervermind what was here before. Deleted to avoid confusion. It's the PC servers closing early. EA states it's because of their LOTR contract expiring. They list an expansion for 360, too, was that released on 360?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I think your a friend on xbox anyway
[quote name='jdawgg76']Any time I'm online I'll be down to play/boost this. I'm usually on most nights somewhere around 9 to 10pm until 1am EST.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Edit: Here's a breakdown on the online achievements:

Most achievements affected are pretty easily attainable with the only difficult two being one where you have to beat a player ranked 20 places higher than you on the leaderboards and a zero point one where you lose to a player ranked 20 places lower than you. Apparently, the problem is that only the top 10,000 players are on the leaderboards. I don't know how long it would take to get on the leaderboards and then find a person higher than you. The rest are just getting 1 or 10 wins in different game types:

The Hobbit and the Troll
Capture them all!!!
King of Kings
My Heroes are better than yours
Entrepreneur of Middle-earth
General
Capture and Hold
King of the Hill!
My Heroes!!!!
Middle-earth Financier
Sergeant
Try a tutorial
In need of a lesson

Just a note, apparently the most achievement points one can earn in this game is 705. Also, the Rise of the Witch King is also listed as having a server closed for 360, but as far as I can tell it never came out for 360 so maybe the other 295 were designated for that anticipated add-on.

Looking at the leaderboards and several players are on the leaderboards with 10/10 records so maybe it won't be too hard to get on there. Maybe if a few of us get together, two or three of us can both lose all ten to the same player making him 20-0 and that may boost him onto the leaderboards and high enough for us to get the chevo, then boost another player up by having the first winner lose to both which should drop his rank and boost one of them 20 up over the original winner. Also, you can just start a match and quit out to expedite boosting the matches.

More bad news for 07-09 sports games and FNR3:

Mar 1, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 for Wii

Feb 8, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
FIFA 07 for Xbox 360
FIFA 08 for PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
FIFA 09 for PC, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
FIFA 09 Ultimate Team for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
FIFA Street 3 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
EA SPORTS FIFA Manager 10 for PC

EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Madden 09 for PlayStation Portable (all regions), PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
Madden 10 for PlayStation Portable (all regions), PlayStation 2 and Wii
NBA LIVE 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NBA LIVE 09 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
NCAA Basketball 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Basketball 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Football 07 for Xbox 360
NCAA Football 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Football 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Football 10 for PlayStation 2
NFL Head Coach 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NHL 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NHL 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
UEFA EURO 2008 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
2010 FIFA World Cup for PlayStation Portable and Wii
2010 FIFA World Cup Demo for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

The LOTR BFME II leaderboards were reset a couple of weeks ago, so getting ranked on them is quite easy now. There is about an hour delay between leaderboard updates, so you won't be able to get the specific achievement until you play a match after it shows your 10 wins.

Also, on the 10 losses in a row, you must lose the 10th one legit after the leaderboard updates, then have your partner self-destruct his own base on Versus mode for an easy legit win.

Don't wait until the last day since you have to contend with leaderboard lag! Read those links jdawgg76 posted for more.

I did a little boosting on Wednesday and can confirm this is easy but a little frustrating waiting for the board to update. I need to get the 10 wins in a few categories and will be on at times over the weekend. If anyone wants to finish these before the servers go down send me a message.

Thanks for the full list jdawgg76! I will clean up the list and update the OP!

Also, here is a good link from Trueachievements.com with all the games included in the EA server shutdown:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n2639/more-ea-servers-shutting-down-on-february-8th.htm

If you haven't used TrueAchievements in the past you can click through to each individual game and achievement to see detailed achievement guides written by the community. It should help everyone out a ton to knock out most of these online achievements in the next month.

[quote name='GunstarRed']The LOTR BFME II leaderboards were reset a couple of weeks ago, so getting ranked on them is quite easy now. There is about an hour delay between leaderboard updates, so you won't be able to get the specific achievement until you play a match after it shows your 10 wins.

Also, on the 10 losses in a row, you must lose the 10th one legit after the leaderboard updates, then have your partner self-destruct his own base on Versus mode for an easy legit win.

Don't wait until the last day since you have to contend with leaderboard lag! Read those links jdawgg76 posted for more.[/QUOTE]Bad news, although you can still play online, apparently, the leaderboards are now shut down. There's some talk about it on some of the achievement sites and the previous petition to reset the leaderboards has seemingly morphed into a EA please turn the leaderboards back on petition. I was still able to play a game vs a random and get a win and earn an achievement for one versus win, but from what people are saying the ten win achievements are no longer attainable as well as the ones based on leaderboard position. Why reset just to dick people EA? Maybe it's a glitch, but even so I doubt they'll fix it and/or extend the server closure to accomodate. Holding out hope although we're gonna get an ice storm here tomorrow night and I may have to go get a hotel room before it hits to guarantee I'll be at work and then considering it's atlanta I may be stuck monday night and then servers close, probably first thing on tuesday.

FR JDawgg77 if u want to at least get the 1 win achieves or try for a ten and see what happens. I'll be online of and on during the day and evening.

If anyone needs the Viral "street heat" achievement in FIFA Street I have it. All I need is the 25 wins and all the online for it is done. Just send me a msg on XBL. My friends list is close to full (99 right now) but if you send me a msg put CAG or something in there and I can remove people. :)

Probably not the right place to post this but I'll toss it in here anyways. I'm looking to boost the Bioshock 2 online. I am becoming pretty frustrated because the skill gap is HUGE. I am always getting thrown into matches with reborn 50's and what not >_< I'd love to knock these out ASAP so I can play the story and move on to another game. I also have ALL the DLC. add Bloodbath219

[quote name='Gears24']Probably not the right place to post this but I'll toss it in here anyways. I'm looking to boost the Bioshock 2 online. I am becoming pretty frustrated because the skill gap is HUGE. I am always getting thrown into matches with reborn 50's and what not >_< I'd love to knock these out ASAP so I can play the story and move on to another game. I also have ALL the DLC. add Bloodbath219[/QUOTE]

I'd help boost that..although after you get a few unlocks it gets a little easier to go against the 50's. Send me a message, just let me know you are from cag

[quote name='Gears24']Probably not the right place to post this but I'll toss it in here anyways. I'm looking to boost the Bioshock 2 online. I am becoming pretty frustrated because the skill gap is HUGE. I am always getting thrown into matches with reborn 50's and what not >_< I'd love to knock these out ASAP so I can play the story and move on to another game. I also have ALL the DLC. add Bloodbath219[/QUOTE]FR sent. Had the same issue. Don't have the DLC tho, may be getting it if it's on sale next week.

[quote name='Triarius340']If anyone needs the online achieve for NFL Head Coach, let me know.

GT: Triarius340[/QUOTE]FR sent.

Still need to do NHL 09 and NCAA 08 too. Why do I keep procrastinating on knocking these out???

Going to be boosting NHL 08, 09, NCAA Basketball 09, NCAA MM 08, NFL Head Coach, NCAA Football 08, 09 this week.

NHL 09 is going to suck so bad... :bomb:

If anyone needs the People Person or the Let's Get Together achievements let me know ASAP so we can get something going. I have 2 accts and 2 copies of the game so 2 slots of the (10 for Let's Get Together) and (15 for the People Person) are filled.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Going to be boosting NHL 08, 09, NCAA Basketball 09, NCAA MM 08, NFL Head Coach, NCAA Football 08, 09 this week.

NHL 09 is going to suck so bad... :bomb:

If anyone needs the People Person or the Let's Get Together achievements let me know ASAP so we can get something going. I have 2 accts and 2 copies of the game so 2 slots of the (10 for Let's Get Together) and (15 for the People Person) are filled.[/QUOTE]Wanna do Head Coach, NCAA Football 08 and NHL 09?

XBL: JDawgg77

I jumped into JDawgg's party last night close to midnight Pacific to see what was up with the NHL 09 boosting, but the party was packed and I just left. I'd like to try to get some of the NHL 08 and 09 achievements which I do not have, although I know I will not have the patience for some of the more time consuming ones.

[quote name='Matt Young']I jumped into JDawgg's party last night close to midnight Pacific to see what was up with the NHL 09 boosting, but the party was packed and I just left. I'd like to try to get some of the NHL 08 and 09 achievements which I do not have, although I know I will not have the patience for some of the more time consuming ones.[/QUOTE]Saw u jump in and out. We did the ten player game twice since vendetta didn't get the chevo the first try. He didn't get it the second try either oddly enough so he's going to try again and most of us offered to do it again just to help out, but obviously some of us would drop out to let new players like you get it. If you want to do some NHL 09 LMK as I still have several to do including the big one.

Is their a thread for this yet. I couldn't find one so here goes. Does anyone have Fable 3? I'm looking to boost achievements online. I need to get all the weapons, costumes, and still need to have a baby with a xbox live member.

Been on vacation and just got back and noticed this wasn't posted here yet. Thanks to scorch for posting it in the Closing Servers thread. Figured it should be here too as it affects achievement hunters:

August 11th, 2001 Server Shutdown:

Army of Two for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for Xbox 360
NASCAR 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (North America)
NCAA Basketball 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Football 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Need for Speed Most Wanted for PC and Xbox 360
Skate for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii

October 1, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

Madden NFL 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NHL 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

If anyone wants to play/boost Army of Two, Madden 10, BF2:MC, NFS:MW (no achievements but seems like it would be fun), or Skate let me know.

Thanks for the reminder jdawgg76! I updated the OP with links to all the games that are shutting down that have online achievements.

A few notes I can add if anyone is trying to do these in the last 10 days:

• Army of Two - the billion dollars online will take you around 10 hours of boosting to finish.
  • Battlefield 2 MC - There is a 500 game achievement which can take 100 hours or so due to the 20 minute games
  • NASCAR 09 - the online is quick, but you need 4 people to start a race.
  • NCAA Basketball 10 - 75 games played online is time consuming, but worth alot of points
  • Skate. - The online XP takes a while but is boostable. There are other annoying ones here too like getting 20 reviews on an uploaded video.
  • Tiger 10 - has a viral and some gamernet point achievements plus the win $5 million in online tournaments achievement, which is probably not obtainable at this point with only 10 days left.
If you are trying to finish any of these I'd suggest checking out the solutions that have been posted on trueachievements and try to join some of the boosting sessions that have been setup over there. Server closures always get the score whores out in droves. ;)

Also if anyone plays stackable games the theory is that the servers for the EU and Asian versions of Army of Two will also be shut down so if you want to do the Billion Dollar achievement 3 times like I did, you really need to get on your horse in the next week. :D

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes:

I need one achievement for Brink. "That mine you found? Disarmed."

If anyone here is willing to help out I will return the favor with that or one or two of the other harder to get achievements (Not so sneaky now are you - etc.)
We can probably do this in less than 5 minutes.
Nobody in this game EVER disarms a mine - and the bots are too stupid to.

Nevermind - finally got it today! :)

Anybody want to knock out the achievements in madden 10? Only two achievements as far as I can tell (non-DLC). Complete a lateral in co-op and complete a co-op game for a combined 125 GS.

There's also one DLC achievement that also requires online. I don't have the DLC, but since the achievements for madden aren't too difficult, plus there's that reward program going on this month for 1600 points worth in DLC, I'm on the fence about getting it.

Different topic, but for Tiger 10, debating if I want to give that a shot or not. Had it for a while, but played very little (and haven't aquired GS for it yet).

[quote name='jdawgg76']I can do the madden achievements around 11 est or so.[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't get home until just now since I worked tonight and tomorrow. :razz:

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']
[*]Skate. - The online XP takes a while but is boostable. There are other annoying ones here too like getting 20 reviews on an uploaded video.
[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, they closed up the skate.reel servers over a year ago, maybe 2, can't remember. Getting the 20 reviews is unobtainable.

According to some on trueachievements skate.reel is back up so you can upload pics/vids for two cheves (I did it the other day so that part definitely works), but the voting is borked. Maybe they're confused, but some think it's back up and just not fully working and they have hope it'll get fixed. I doubt it since the LOTR RTS had a problem crop up with a week left and they didn't fix it and several cheves were unnattainable after that. That's what I get for putting things off.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'll be interest in HW after Im done with my closing down EA games.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I have you on my friends list already, just let me know man.

[quote name='myl0r']Just a heads up, they closed up the skate.reel servers over a year ago, maybe 2, can't remember. Getting the 20 reviews is unobtainable.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jdawgg76']According to some on trueachievements skate.reel is back up so you can upload pics/vids for two cheves (I did it the other day so that part definitely works), but the voting is borked. Maybe they're confused, but some think it's back up and just not fully working and they have hope it'll get fixed. I doubt it since the LOTR RTS had a problem crop up with a week left and they didn't fix it and several cheves were unnattainable after that. That's what I get for putting things off.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the skate.reel servers came back up about a month ago when they announced the server shutdowns, but as jdawgg76 mentioned the votes/ratings do not seem to be counting so the skate celebrity achievement is still unachievable. I kept getting messages from friends over XBL asking me to login and rate their videos so I assumed it was working again, but a quick look at TA shows that nobody has unlocked the achievement legit recently. You can get the other skate.reel achievements though.

God dammit I still play Tiger Woods 10 online.

I wonder what kind of shit storm they are going to incur when they shut down servers to one of their pay to play games. I can't imagine they would be able to without a massive blowback since we really are paying for the privilege.

picture.php

Got lucky and I know some peeps. Probably going to be able to snag the other 2 online belts in FNR4 as well :D

Anyone here playing Gears 1 & 2? I noticed a lot of my friends that don't have them completed are starting to play them with Gears 3 around the corner.

As for myself I am currently boosting Seriously with one other person. The two of us have been running 3 xboxes each but will be running 4 starting tomorrow. :D

In a 19 round warzone game we average 126 kills each per session, which takes roughly 30 minutes or so. That means 252 kills an hour and 1008 Kills every 4. Assuming it unlocks at 10,000 or shortly there after, we think so because we haven't dropped out of any games or anything like that, we are looking at 36 hours roughly to get it. Which is much better than the 120 hours or whatever it takes having 6 people. :razz:

bread's done
Back