CAG Arcade Stick Thread II: World Warrior

[quote name='luan87us']The wireless stick in T6 basically is a Hori Fighting Stick 3 with wireless functionality and they changed the lay out of the buttons a bit for Tekken. It even has the very same PCB (for the buttons), buttons, and joystick lol.[/QUOTE]

I figured it was, that's why I laughed when I saw it.

[quote name='distgfx']It's just a controller, the stick would work with any PS3 games. However PS2 games, I'll check real quick ... it does not. The light on the dongle doesn't even light up.

EDIT: Works on the PC though, plug n' play, nice.

EDIT #2: Ahaha, PC SFIV recognizes it as "WIRELESS FIGHTING STICK 3." I got a laugh out of it, lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='distgfx']I never understood why the stick came with a dongle either, Sony's letting third parties license their shit, they did so long before this came out. You should of given us bluetooth namco/hori! The ability to turn the PS3 on with it would be nice too. Bestbuy's rocketfish PS3 controller has bluetooth and can turn on the PS3, why can't you do the same for you sticks namco/hori?![/QUOTE]

Sony should make their own bluetooth Stick... A joystick case that kinda matches the design of the PS3 SLim... might look nice, and make it so that its easy to be customizable. Like the NES Advantage

You probably realize that in competitive gaming wireless is a disadvantage? I don't trust wireless in fighting game lol.

On the site note. I just won an auction on ebay for a new HRAP 3 SA for $75 shipped. Pretty sweet deal for me. All sanwa stick.

[quote name='luan87us']You probably realize that in competitive gaming wireless is a disadvantage? I don't trust wireless in fighting game lol.[/QUOTE]As far as lag goes, I've heard people say that it pretty much isn't a factor anymore. However I could still see a wireless controller being a liability in a tournament setting, due to the possibility of random syncing or battery issues. The mere idea of syncing or battery issues, even if they don't exist, could give people reason to complain so I figure it's easier to just bypass the issue entirely.

[quote name='luan87us']You probably realize that in competitive gaming wireless is a disadvantage?[/QUOTE]

Not an issue anymore these days, however that being said, I still prefer wired myself as well.

Yes, I hate when people claim wireless is laggy when it definitely isn't any more. As I've said, Toodles tested both the default 360 and PS3 controllers and they have zero lag. That would apply to the 360 Tekken stick too since it uses the same wireless standard.

As for tournaments, here's an idea: charge your batteries before the tournament starts. Whoo, eliminates that worry.

I prefer wireless controllers for comfort and the ability to store them far from the console without worrying about cords or cord clutter.

Since we discussed FightPads a bit in the old thread, I thought I'd mention this here:

xb360-873124002232-2T.jpg

Hori is releasing a 6 button Xbox 360 controller, finally. It has two analog sticks as well, so it'll be better for general game use than the Madcatz FightPad (and also the face button layout makes more sense than the US FightPad layout). I have a regular Hori pad and the d-pad is definitely superior to the Madcatz FightPad's.

It's available in black, dark blue, or white.

Hey, so newbie question. I got my Mayflash stick and it's pretty decent. The buttons leave a bit to be desired and the stick is wobbly and clicks like a bitch, but other than that, Tekken 5 was a blast playing with it! I need to figure out the best way to map buttons, but otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed using the stick.

Now my questions for you experts:
-Are the sticks supposed to click?
-Are buttons universally sized?
-Is the stock circuit board good enough for swapping buttons and the stick?

[quote name='Ahadi']Hey, so newbie question. I got my Mayflash stick and it's pretty decent. The buttons leave a bit to be desired and the stick is wobbly and clicks like a bitch, but other than that, Tekken 5 was a blast playing with it! I need to figure out the best way to map buttons, but otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed using the stick.

Now my questions for you experts:
-Are the sticks supposed to click?
-Are buttons universally sized?
-Is the stock circuit board good enough for swapping buttons and the stick?[/QUOTE]
Yes, the sticks are supposed to click. The Mayflash lever is decent enough for casual use (it's a blatant copy of Hori's design). What is great about the Mayflash case is that it's taller than most Hori cases of similar quality, so that changing the lever doesn't involve modifying the base plate.

The Mayflash uses button holes which are very slightly smaller than Japanese arcade-standard size, so you would have to use some sort of tool to widen the holes if you were to change the buttons out.

This thread has a lot of information what is involved in modding the Mayflash sticks.

[quote name='StarCreator']Yes, the sticks are supposed to click. The Mayflash lever is decent enough for casual use (it's a blatant copy of Hori's design). What is great about the Mayflash case is that it's taller than most Hori cases of similar quality, so that changing the lever doesn't involve modifying the base plate.

The Mayflash uses button holes which are very slightly smaller than Japanese arcade-standard size, so you would have to use some sort of tool to widen the holes if you were to change the buttons out.

This thread has a lot of information what is involved in modding the Mayflash sticks.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that! That's actually more helpful than one I found on Shoryuken (just because it's far less complex!).

Now as far as the stick goes, I shouldn't replace it? The clicking is normal and its responsiveness is good (for me anyway). The buttons though, I'm swapping them out. I want to get some transparent buttons with LED's underneath :drool: Or might that be far more ambitious for my first stick?

I wouldn't bother with LEDs on your first stick mod. They are a pain.

Your stick's not broken, but if you're buying real arcade buttons anyway (clear buttons are made by Seimitsu), you might as well buy a genuine stick to install too. The Seimitsu LS-32-01 or a Sanwa JLF run about $25 with wire harness and would really improve the overall controller's performance. Both Sanwa and Seimitsu sticks will still click, since the microswitches are supposed to do that.

All right. LEDs are out. Cool thought, but not practical. I don't want this fun project to turn into a broken pile of junk :lol:

You really think a new stick is needed? I did have some trouble dashing, but I wasn't sure if that was error on my part :whistle2:k I suppose go big or go home. I'm looking to style it up like the Dark Angels first company from Warhammer 40k if any of you are familiar with it. So green buttons with red casing(is that the right word? Sort of like white buttons with black boarders that hold the buttons in place?) And either a red ball top or red baseball bat style, I'm not sure which I dig more. A simple swap of the guts and a paint job and I think I'll have something to be proud of. Good for a beginner, right?

Yeah, the painting will be the hardest part. If the stick housing is made of plastic, vinyl dye will work much better than paint, btw. But besides changing the housing color, changing parts should be pretty easy. You'll need a Dremel with grinding bit to make the button holes bigger. Dremels are super useful in stick modding and life in general. :)

[quote name='eastx']Yeah, the painting will be the hardest part. If the stick housing is made of plastic, vinyl dye will work much better than paint, btw. But besides changing the housing color, changing parts should be pretty easy. You'll need a Dremel with grinding bit to make the button holes bigger. Dremels are super useful in stick modding and life in general. :)[/QUOTE]

I may have a dremel at the parents house. I'll have to check over Thanksgiving. But I'm not above using some sandpaper either. The case is plastic, nothing Krylon Fusion can't handle in a few coats ;)

Now I just need pay day to roll around so I can order my parts :bomb:

Out of curiosity just how big are the Mayflashes holes? If theyre 28mm couldnt he just toss in some korean buttons, or is the case and pcb such a shape as to make that difficult/cumbersome?

[quote name='kainzero']off twitter--

Markman23: One stick to rule them all. 2010. The "AE."

i'm excited[/QUOTE]

alternate edition? angel edition? American Eagle? WTF is it?

[quote name='zewone']Can the :360: version be modded easily to swap in some Sanwa buttons/stick?[/QUOTE]
If you're referring to the T6, no. Don't even think about it.

[quote name='zewone']Lame. Guess it'll be good as a stick for guests who come over.[/QUOTE]

Only if they're a bad/rude guest, those T6 wireless sticks are horrible.

[quote name='distgfx']Only if they're a bad/rude guest, those T6 wireless sticks are horrible.[/QUOTE]

Worse than using a controller?

[quote name='zewone']Worse than using a controller?[/QUOTE]

PS3? Yes. 360? Hmm... that's a tough one, I have to actually think about it. The stick in it is like the equivalent of using a 360 d-pad. It's stiff and imprecise, the buttons suck too.

Man, you're making me regret the purchase now. I did get it for $33, so I guess it's alright since I want the game.

[quote name='zewone']Man, you're making me regret the purchase now. I did get it for $33, so I guess it's alright since I want the game.[/QUOTE]

I regret buying it for $16, I already had T6 though, so at least I made my money back.

Its not too bad of a controller, at least its better than a fs3.

60 for the bundle is definitely a worthy price. I'm not sure how long the parts while last but from when I tried out a friends they seemed pretty sturdy.

Mad Catz Thanksgiving Sale on Arcade FightSticks ! ($50 off & B1G1)!

I set up a special sale for the community..

Starting tomorrow on the Mad Catz store site:

http://store.gameshark.com

- $50 off Round 1 SFIV FightStick Tournament Edition (PS3)
- Buy One Get One FREE on SFIV FightStick (PS3) - SE
- Buy One Get One FREE on SFIV FightStick (360) - SE

Stay tuned, you should see it tomorrow (11/25) and it will end after cyber Monday. :)

[quote name='distgfx']PS3? Yes. 360? Hmm... that's a tough one, I have to actually think about it. The stick in it is like the equivalent of using a 360 d-pad. It's stiff and imprecise, the buttons suck too.[/QUOTE]

Man...probably going to cancel the order now.

EDIT: Cancelled my order. Might jump on that TE stick.

[quote name='KingBroly']Man...probably going to cancel the order now.

EDIT: Cancelled my order. Might jump on that TE stick.[/QUOTE]

You made a wise choice, if you were buying it for the stick you'd of been sorely disappointed. I wouldn't even recommend that T6 wireless for casuals.

[quote name='distgfx']You made a wise choice, if you were buying it for the stick you'd of been sorely disappointed. I wouldn't even recommend that T6 wireless for casuals.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to try and get that $100 TE stick. The only differences between Round 1 and other TE sticks are purely cosmetic, right? And...how do I customize the art for that stick?

My Hori Fightstick 3 came in today. I'm so impressed with the quality of it. Beats the shit out of the Mayflash stick. Does it use Sanwa parts?

[quote name='Ahadi']My Hori Fightstick 3 came in today. I'm so impressed with the quality of it. Beats the shit out of the Mayflash stick. Does it use Sanwa parts?[/QUOTE]

No, only the TE is all Sanwa. The HRAP3/EX has a Sanwa stick but Hori buttons unless you get the SA (Sanwa) or SE (Seimitsu) versions which are all Sanwa/Seimitsu.

[quote name='distgfx']No, only the TE is all Sanwa. The HRAP3/EX has a Sanwa stick but Hori buttons unless you get the SA (Sanwa) or SE (Seimitsu) versions which are all Sanwa/Seimitsu.[/QUOTE]

Okay. Well there's nothing on the packaging saying it's anything special. But that's cool. I'm really glad that I got to play around with the Mayflash first and really experience the difference in quality. I'm nothing short of inspired to start modding the Mayflash so I can have two quality sticks. Though having a crappy stick for friends to use could give me a hilarious edge :whistle2:k :lol:

[quote name='zewone'] If that impresses you, a TE would blow your brain to bits.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: You're probably right.

I'm looking at Happ sticks right now, and there's a baseball bat top that's calling my name. Should I not be cheap and just spring for the Sanwa stick to go with the buttons I plan to order?

[quote name='Ahadi']:rofl: You're probably right.

I'm looking at Happ sticks right now, and there's a baseball bat top that's calling my name. Should I not be cheap and just spring for the Sanwa stick to go with the buttons I plan to order?[/QUOTE]

Most of the newer happs take a decent amount of work to get in 100% condition, you might have to replace a couple switches or screws if it comes with some gross ones, or potentially fiddle around with the shaft itself if its crooked. They're pretty inconsistent in making, although perfect 360's are a bit better in this regard (and nicer to boot).

If youre talking about the sanwa stuff for the fs3 the mods going to be a hassle, but probably worth it. You could always throw a bat top on the fs3 stock stick as well.

So, it appears over the weekend I lost one of the breakaway portions of my EX-SE cable. The breakaway portion is common across all wired 360 controllers, so I can use the one from my TE, but this effectively means I only have one working stick when I actually have two. Is there any way to obtain -just- the breakaway portion, or am I stuck buying a throwaway controller just to replace it?

[quote name='StarCreator']So, it appears over the weekend I lost one of the breakaway portions of my EX-SE cable. The breakaway portion is common across all wired 360 controllers, so I can use the one from my TE, but this effectively means I only have one working stick when I actually have two. Is there any way to obtain -just- the breakaway portion, or am I stuck buying a throwaway controller just to replace it?[/QUOTE]

Try contacting Microsoft. I know they are good about things like this. Might not be free, but it's better than nothing.

[quote name='MarkMan']Mad Catz Thanksgiving Sale on Arcade FightSticks ! ($50 off & B1G1)!

I set up a special sale for the community..

Starting tomorrow on the Mad Catz store site:

http://store.gameshark.com

- $50 off Round 1 SFIV FightStick Tournament Edition (PS3)
- Buy One Get One FREE on SFIV FightStick (PS3) - SE
- Buy One Get One FREE on SFIV FightStick (360) - SE

Stay tuned, you should see it tomorrow (11/25) and it will end after cyber Monday. :)[/QUOTE]

I still don't see it :(

[quote name='heavyd853']Most of the newer happs take a decent amount of work to get in 100% condition, you might have to replace a couple switches or screws if it comes with some gross ones, or potentially fiddle around with the shaft itself if its crooked. They're pretty inconsistent in making, although perfect 360's are a bit better in this regard (and nicer to boot).

If youre talking about the sanwa stuff for the fs3 the mods going to be a hassle, but probably worth it. You could always throw a bat top on the fs3 stock stick as well.[/QUOTE]

Sanwa stuff is going in my Mayflash. I'm gonna leave the Hori alone aside from some cosmetic stuff I may do in the future. I'm pretty much certain I'm going to just grab a Sanwa stick with an octagon restrictor. I realize that the stick may not "respond" to all eight areas available with the plate, but I think it would be better than a circle restrictor, unless I'm missing something? All in all though, the plan is basically that I'm going to get what I pay for and I'd much rather pay for a $25 piece versus having to replace a piece I decided to be cheap on.

Yeah, octagon is fine and diagonals are all fine and stuff. I dont think they make a circle gate for the jlf but I could be wrong.

I'll continue to state my opinion that octagon gates are an abomination that shouldn't have ever come to exist. I guess that's just me and most arcade owners in Japan that have that opinion though, considering how many people in this side of the world go gaga over them for reasons beyond my comprehension. To me they just feel like trash compared to the tried-and-true square gate.

[quote name='StarCreator']I'll continue to state my opinion that octagon gates are an abomination that shouldn't have ever come to exist. I guess that's just me and most arcade owners in Japan that have that opinion though, considering how many people in this side of the world go gaga over them for reasons beyond my comprehension. To me they just feel like trash compared to the tried-and-true square gate.[/QUOTE]

If you really don't understand what the gate offers, than I doubt you have looked into them/played with one much.

Heavy do you have any Happ perfect 360s? Been thinking of ordering two and would like some hands on views.

bread's done
Back