CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say, what's the consensus on the Tekken 5 Ultimate Collector's Edition stick? I just won a sealed copy of the T5UCE for $65 shipped and was wondering if it's a decent stick.

[quote name='CAG 79']Just like to say thanks to Markman and everyone else that helped me out on choosing the right bat top and adapter for the fightstick. I would also like to report that I've had no problems with my SE stick.

fightstick1.jpg

fightstick2.jpg
[/quote]

Nice. If I ever end up with that TE stick, I may switch to bat top, but I'm kind of used to the nihon gum ball now.

[quote name='MarkMan']The T5 stick is pretty good. Kind of a bitch to mod, requires some work.[/quote]

As long as the stick's good out of the box, I'm happy. It will probably be my first stick to mod too ... I don't wanna open my precious future TE.

EDIT: Say, can anyone help me identify my old Sega Genesis stick? It has a ball top, feels like it uses a square gate and is made (or at least has their logo on it) by Capcom.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll53/uraizen/IMAG0036.jpg

There's a picture of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='amusedtoe']And welcome back... today on Antiques CAG show... :lol:[/quote]

Hey, I'm curious, especially since it has capcom's logo on it.

I remember that stick, I'm pretty sure it was released alongside Street Fighter II Champion Edition. Does it have a switch to set it between 4-way or 8-way?

[quote name='yukine']I remember that stick, I'm pretty sure it was released alongside Street Fighter II Champion Edition. Does it have a switch to set it between 4-way or 8-way?[/quote]

It sure does, never figured out what that did though.

Well i just got back from the Gamecrazy SFIV tournament here in Olympia & won! Hooray for me! Got $500 gift card...They had the Madcatz SE for use & i must say that worked pretty damn good...Its pretty heavy too which i like...2nd place got to keep one of the sticks & 3rd got a SFIV fightpad...There was also a raffle to get the other 360 stick...

So im reading on this thread on how they want to mod it w/ Sanwa parts...i really dont understand why everyone wants to mod this so badly...Its a good stick out of the box, I think Madcatz did a reallly good job on it...Its a lot better then the EX2 stick because of the size. I never had problems with the EX2 stick just that it was too small & light...

Good shit man. I haven't even played SFIV yet so I backed out of the tournament. I don't want to fuck up the gaming experience with a bad controller so I am waiting for a stick:/

[quote name='rcaido']Well i just got back from the Gamecrazy SFIV tournament here in Olympia & won! Hooray for me! Got $500 gift card...They had the Madcatz SE for use & i must say that worked pretty damn good...Its pretty heavy too which i like...2nd place got to keep one of the sticks & 3rd got a SFIV fightpad...There was also a raffle to get the other 360 stick...

So im reading on this thread on how they want to mod it w/ Sanwa parts...i really dont understand why everyone wants to mod this so badly...Its a good stick out of the box, I think Madcatz did a reallly good job on it...Its a lot better then the EX2 stick because of the size. I never had problems with the EX2 stick just that it was too small & light...[/quote]

Congrats! Who did you win with?

[quote name='distgfx']Congrats! Who did you win with?[/quote]

Gief of course he's been my main since Hyper Fighting...Its about time he's top tier player! It was a close match at the end...Gief vs Gief which i hate...I was able to pull a comeback after losing the first match best out 5...Then i won the next two!

Also they gave away a lot of free Gamecrazy stuff like t-shirts, hats, water bottle...I also got a Killzone 2 shirt...I wonder if i can get $5 for all of this on ebay...

I heard Gamestop is having a tournament too but 1st player gets a freaken headband...So then you have compete in another tournament you win that controller pad, Then you have compete in another tournament & can win that TE stick & place on EVO...Way too much work & driving...

[quote name='rcaido']Well i just got back from the Gamecrazy SFIV tournament here in Olympia & won! Hooray for me! Got $500 gift card...They had the Madcatz SE for use & i must say that worked pretty damn good...Its pretty heavy too which i like...2nd place got to keep one of the sticks & 3rd got a SFIV fightpad...There was also a raffle to get the other 360 stick...

So im reading on this thread on how they want to mod it w/ Sanwa parts...i really dont understand why everyone wants to mod this so badly...Its a good stick out of the box, I think Madcatz did a reallly good job on it...Its a lot better then the EX2 stick because of the size. I never had problems with the EX2 stick just that it was too small & light...[/QUOTE]

Cause a good number of the sticks have a washer that comes out of place and starts to rub away the contacts on the circuit board.

Yeah i heard about that issue but according to Markman only a select few had those problems...Im just saying people wanted to mod it even before they got their stick; its great out of the box...Maybe im just ranting that Sanwa/Seimitsu are getting way too much hype...Its like if people get these they will suddenly be a lot better players...Seriously i just got my T5 stick modded w/ all sanwas & i really couldn't tell a difference between the stock stick & buttons...

[quote name='rcaido']Gief of course he's been my main since Hyper Fighting...Its about time he's top tier player![/quote]

'Gief? Oh shit, I'm a decent 'Gief but get raped by 'Gief constantly.

Yea, some people don't care/can't tell the diff between hori parts/knock off parts/mad catz parts vs Sanwa/Seimitsu parts.

But let me tell you, the difference is there.

Old Hori buttons were good tho...

[quote name='MarkMan']Yea, some people don't care/can't tell the diff between hori parts/knock off parts/mad catz parts vs Sanwa/Seimitsu parts.

But let me tell you, the difference is there.

Old Hori buttons were good tho...[/QUOTE]

Haha you're going to school us on the history of arcade sticks.

Tekken, obviously. It is the game I am most comfortable with.

But that doesn't mean I don't love me my Street Fighter.

I love fighting games in general.

[quote name='rcaido']Yeah i heard about that issue but according to Markman only a select few had those problems...Im just saying people wanted to mod it even before they got their stick; its great out of the box...Maybe im just ranting that Sanwa/Seimitsu are getting way too much hype...Its like if people get these they will suddenly be a lot better players...Seriously i just got my T5 stick modded w/ all sanwas & i really couldn't tell a difference between the stock stick & buttons...[/quote]

I'm so jealous that you won that tourney in olympia, and that no store in like a 100 mile radius of me decided to hold one of those!

Your from Seattle? That's like only 50 minute drive...Im thinking of doing the one in Lakewood today...But i dont think i want to get shot by gangbanger just for headband...

The only problem for me is spending $500 on GC...Maybe i'll just buy a bunch of SFIV sticks & pads & sell it off ebay...I dont see me buying anything full retail at Gamecrazy...Maybe another PS3 or wait for those buy 2 get 1 free deals...

Not sure if this would go here since it's not really an arcade stick, but since i'm going to be waiting another month at least for my TE, i picked up a Chun Li fightpad, and I have to say i'm very impressed with it thus far. Don't think i've ever been able to do Zangief's throws as consistantly as I can with this.

Just opened up my second SE stick today to have a tournament at my house and unfortunately the RT button does not work. Probably an easy fix if I open it up but not sure if I should in case its something else worse and voiding the warranty.

[quote name='MarkMan']flizmo007, just try to open it and fix it/check wire. If that doesn't work call in the tech line![/QUOTE]

Wires are secure... everything looks fine... I swapped cables to test if its the button or something else. Button works fine when using wires from a different button.

I got my PS3 TE stick yesterday from Amazon, really loving it! Only stick I've owned before this is the Hori EX2 for 360 and I can definitely tell the difference. I was using a USB Saturn pad before the TE stick and it's a lot easier for me to pull off some of the combos in SF IV using a stick. I plan to switch out the art once I find something I like and maybe swap the buttons with Seimitsu once I read up more on them compared to Sanwa buttons.

I was a little afraid the top of the stick might have had scratches that some people said they got, but mine arrived without any scratches.

Only problem I had with the stick is the Circle button got stuck in, but gently nudging it with a small flat-head screwdriver got it back out. A few of the other buttons felt a bit stiff compared to the others also. I'm guessing the stick was still a bit cold from sitting in the UPS box for awhile, buttons all seem to be fine today and aren't stiff anymore.

Unbelievable! Gamestop will not take the SE stick back as a return. What kind of crap is that?! They say all defective products need to be handled through MadCatz. It is a contadiction to what is printed on their receipt regarding returns.

[quote name='flizmo007']Unbelievable! Gamestop will not take the SE stick back as a return. What kind of crap is that?! They say all defective products need to be handled through MadCatz. It is a contadiction to what is printed on their receipt regarding returns.[/quote]

haha bs go back and complain and say u wanna speak to their DM.
say im not paying for a product that is broken and i need the money.

how the hell can they refuse a return on an accessory they sold broken?

Is anyone else having problems hearing from Amazon's Customer Service, re: TE stick orders?

On other orders, when I've had issues, I've been able to get quick responses from customer service, and resolved the matter within a day or two. With the TE stick (PS3 version), I've been sending them an e-mail every couple of days for the past week, and I haven't receieved a single response back.

I like the look of the TE stick moreso than the HRAP3, so I'd rather not cancel my order....but if I have to wait until April for something that I pre-ordered, I'd be better off getting the HRAP now. (That is, if the HRAP3 is still in stock when I actually get a response....something that wouldn't have been an issue a week ago.) The whole point of pre-ordering was to not have to play SF4 on the HFS3. :(

Curious if anyone else is in the same spot. They've moved my estimated ship date twice already, meaning I have zero confidence in the current 2/27/09 date on the site right now.

So I really wanted to get my hands on the SFIV TE stick that didnt happen.

So I am stuck with the modded Hori Ex that I have. Its not too bad but now the buttons seem to be getting warn out.

So Play-Asia has the Hori Arcade Pro :360: for $150 is it worth it? I know I will need to mod the restrictor to get the right feel (Octagon plate is a must now cant do squares) and possibly the buttons but is it worth it? I know this is the place to ask. I just wish the Mad Catz TE were still available or sooner then they will be. I can't go back to a normal pad

[quote name='joshnorm']So I really wanted to get my hands on the SFIV TE stick that didnt happen.

So I am stuck with the modded Hori Ex that I have. Its not too bad but now the buttons seem to be getting warn out.

So Play-Asia has the Hori Arcade Pro :360: for $150 is it worth it? I know I will need to mod the restrictor to get the right feel (Octagon plate is a must now cant do squares) and possibly the buttons but is it worth it? I know this is the place to ask. I just wish the Mad Catz TE were still available or sooner then they will be. I can't go back to a normal pad[/QUOTE]

They're going to charge you an arm and a leg to ship that HRAP EX.

[quote name='zewone']They're going to charge you an arm and a leg to ship that HRAP EX.[/quote]

Yep, $60.40 just for shipping through fedex.

If I want to change the HRAP 3 to an octagonal gate, this is the correct part right?
Note: I am keeping in the Sanwa Balltop it came with.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sanwa [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate[/FONT]
I'd look around Shoryuken forums more but I keep getting those "Too many connections" messages

[quote name='flizmo007']Unbelievable! Gamestop will not take the SE stick back as a return. What kind of crap is that?! They say all defective products need to be handled through MadCatz. It is a contadiction to what is printed on their receipt regarding returns.[/QUOTE]

Probably trying to avoid as many returns/exchanges as they can now since the number has to have hit them totally off guard. Go back and complain though since they will be breaking the law if they don't.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Probably trying to avoid as many returns/exchanges as they can now since the number has to have hit them totally off guard. Go back and complain though since they will be breaking the law if they don't.[/QUOTE]

I will end up sending it in to MadCatz for repair since I doubt I will be able to find another one anytime soon. I have a second one to use in the meantime, which is now starting to stick, but I am planning to swap out parts anyways. Bought 2, got 2 bad sticks. Not good odds.

[quote name='Taboner']I didn't even start playing yet. Waiting for those sticks:/[/quote]

why dont u just play Easiest Mode 30 seconds and just unlock the characters so when u do get ur sticks u have all the characters?:bouncy:

i think fliz is referring to the SE stick

for Building your own stick is there a cheaper/easier option other then buying a sixaxis and taking it apart?

im pretty sure i can build my own wood box, my plan is to use the SE stock parts for a 2nd controller to play vs my friends as my parts are solid and never got stuck with 18+hrs on SF4 already

im trying to keep costs lowww

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back