CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='genfuyung']Amazon just shipped my preorder and now I can't cancel it. Just got my HRAP EX in yesterday and have no interest in the TE...[/quote]

Sell it on eBay. Or send it to someone in here. Or return it saying "Not Compatible with my System."

[quote name='GuardianE']Sell it on eBay. Or send it to someone in here.[/quote]

Yeah a guy on here is gonna buy it I think. I just don't know what to charge for shipping because I don't know how heavy it is.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Happ competition stick with competition pushbuttons and Cthulhu board. I built this stick about 5 years ago when SF:AC came out but the entire frame was damaged a couple of years ago when I was moving and it got soaked in water (MDF + water = mold city !), therefore the only part that was salvaged was the top panel. Built a new frame out of poplar last week and kept the old top panel just to have something ready for SFIV. Only thing missing is the artwork but that can wait.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/terrysgiftsandcraft/arcade_stick01.JPG[/QUOTE]U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!!

[quote name='genfuyung']Yeah a guy on here is gonna buy it I think. I just don't know what to charge for shipping because I don't know how heavy it is.[/quote]

I'll buy it off you man...I need a stick & looks Best Buy will take forever to ship mine...I just sent out an HRAP2 it cost me about $17 shipping Fedex ground...Looks about the same size & weight...

[quote name='hankmecrankme']lol, I guess I should have waited then? Oh well, I'm loving the HRAP EX. I'm impatient, I know.

Really? That sucks. I planned on plugging mine. Guess I won't now.[/QUOTE]

I mean it's minor stuff like changing your challenge status for when you're playing offline, paging through the titles things like that. I suppose most people won't really change most of it once they've had the game a while, and you could probably unplug it and turn a controller on if you really needed to. The setting that would bug me the most is the challenge setting. Annoying more then anything that they did it that way, must have felt obligated to use the extra two buttons since they partnered with Hori and Madcatz to make 8 button sticks.

Right now I'm waiting on the original guy to let me know if he still wants it. Shipping is surprisingly expensive and paypal fees have to be considered. Also, I don't take kindly to being accuse of trying to take advantage of people through PMs. I'm not looking to profit, I'm looking to get someone a stick that they can actually play street fighter with for exactly what it would cost me to get it to them. If you have an issue with USPS's shipping costs them bitch at them.

[quote name='genfuyung']Right now I'm waiting on the original guy to let me know if he still wants it. Shipping is surprisingly expensive and paypal fees have to be considered. Also, I don't take kindly to being accuse of trying to take advantage of people through PMs. I'm not looking to profit, I'm looking to get someone a stick that they can actually play street fighter with for exactly what it would cost me to get it to them. If you have an issue with USPS's shipping costs them bitch at them.[/quote]
There's always a few who think you should hook them up or try to get real chippy about stuff like that around CAG...so fuck 'em. Sell it on ebay so you don't have to deal with it.

Also...if you have a fedex-kinkos near you, something of that size and weight may be cheaper to send through fedex ground...

[quote name='genfuyung']Right now I'm waiting on the original guy to let me know if he still wants it. Shipping is surprisingly expensive and paypal fees have to be considered. Also, I don't take kindly to being accuse of trying to take advantage of people through PMs. I'm not looking to profit, I'm looking to get someone a stick that they can actually play street fighter with for exactly what it would cost me to get it to them. If you have an issue with USPS's shipping costs them bitch at them.[/quote]

Taking advantage of people? You're being accused of that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2

There, should put things into perspective for those who accuse you of it.

this scalping crap is ridiculous, and what is even more obsurd is the idiots that pay for it at those prices and feed the bottom feeders.

[quote name='heavyd853']Amazon upgraded my shipping to next day! Woo![/QUOTE]

Damn, that's pretty nice. So I was hasty, canceled my order, and got the HRAP EX. So all that and I only got the EX 2 days earlier than I would've got the TE stick. Nice.

Oh well, whatever. EX is sweet anyway. I just need my Sanwa buttons and it'll be pimped.

I wrote to Capcom to cancel my TE. I'm tired of waiting already. I'll just jank it out with my ghetto FS EX2. :p Maybe if I'm a good boy, my wife will let me get a HRAP EX later on. :p

[quote name='gunm']I wrote to Capcom to cancel my TE. I'm tired of waiting already. I'll just jank it out with my ghetto FS EX2. :p Maybe if I'm a good boy, my wife will let me get a HRAP EX later on. :p[/quote]
Really, the EX2 ain't that bad...I've been playing with one for about a year, and hell, it serves it's purpose. I just don't expect miracles with it.

Yeah, it's better than the stock 360 pad that's fo' sho'. If I get annoyed by the stick that much, I'll grab a Fight Pad or try to get a HRAP EX.

amazonlul.bmp

[quote name='heavyd853']Well, to put it in perspective, I had 2 day shipping already.[/QUOTE]

I had 1 day on mine. I also did one day on my HRAP EX, because it was $5 for 3, $7 for 2, $9 for 1. But since it shipped from Indiana, 4 hours away, I probably could've gone super saver and received it pretty quickly.

Dude, they are selling for $300 on ebay. If people are bitching, just ebay that thing, and donate $100 to your favorite charity if you feel bad about it.

I freaking hate the Hori EX 2, especially the buttons. If modding a Hori EX2 were easy I would have done it by now. The only mod I have done is the octagonal 8 gate. Damn buttons don't register on time.

I would have easily picked up a Street fighter regular stick, but with the problems that have been reported I'll wait for the SF tournament edition stick or Hori EX (which is already out of stock.)

So im stuck with a dilemma -

1. Fightstick SE $90 - worried about the quality due to recent posts on it
2. HRAP Ex $120-130 - more $ and less easy to mod
3. Mod my Nubytech 15th anni stick to play on 360 (im a noob at modding...)
what do you think?

[quote name='toneroni']So im stuck with a dilemma -

what do you think?[/quote]

As far as modding buttons is concerned the EX is just as easy to mod as the SE. They both use quick disconnects. In the EX you dont need to change the stick because its already a Sanwa.

[quote name='toneroni']So im stuck with a dilemma -

what do you think?[/quote]

Offhand, I'd say if you're a newb @ modding, I wouldn't bother with #3.

I may just consider getting an HRAP EX instead of waiting on the TE. if the buttons are as easy to mod as you guys say they are, then i might go that route. And I love the all-black look on the HRAP EX as opposed to the SF IV art on the TE fightstick.

[quote name='illafied']I may just consider getting an HRAP EX instead of waiting on the TE. if the buttons are as easy to mod as you guys say they are, then i might go that route. And I love the all-black look on the HRAP EX as opposed to the SF IV art on the TE fightstick.[/quote]

It's OOS on amazon at the moment, which I think would be the cheapest. safest option since shipping would be free. I haven't seen the prices on eBay.

The TE is customizable, so you could change out the art work very simply if you wanted. I don't blame you for wanting to go the EX route though. I'm tired of waiting and am trying to get Capcom to cancel my order.

im going to ride out my SE till it breaks with stock parts, dont really give a crap about sanwa and seimitsu parts yet

so far my buttons are good but my joystick is getting somewhat stuck but not really.
honestly its not a TERRIBLE PIECE OF GARBAGE like people have been saying. i think its a great arcade stick.

No, it's not particularly easy. It requires moderate desoldering to remove the pcb and grinding/cutting of the case to change the buttons/stick.

Btw, regarding the HRAP EX/HRAP3 vs an SE stick for modding.

Ease of mod goes to SE because you just have to unscrew the bottom 6 Philipps screws.

With the HRAP EX/HRAP3 you need to unscrew the bottom plate, then use a nut driver to loosen the top.

But once they are both open, it's pretty easy/self explanatory on what you need to do.

As far as modding freedom goes. The SE has more freedom than both HRAP3 and HRAPEX due to the 4 way mounting plate. The difference is very little between these sticks when it comes to modding, but I just thought I would clear up the modding process.

BTW, HRAP users, invest in a nutdriver, it will be your best friend for mod jobs. ;)

[quote name='joey0480']this scalping crap is ridiculous, and what is even more obsurd is the idiots that pay for it at those prices and feed the bottom feeders.[/QUOTE]

Someone's jealous they didn't think of that while he could still order one.

[quote name='MarkMan']As far as modding freedom goes. The SE has more freedom than both HRAP3 and HRAPEX due to the 4 way mounting plate. The difference is very little between these sticks when it comes to modding, but I just thought I would clear up the modding process.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm mistaken but still doesn't fit HAAP/IL or Semitsu sticks right?

[quote name='MarkMan']BTW, HRAP users, invest in a nutdriver, it will be your best friend for mod jobs. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not ready to mod mine yet since I haven't even gotten around to ordering the parts but would a 7mm be available at a Lowes or Home Depot or should I look elsewhere? Saw standard sizes on their websites but clearly I don't buy tools all that ever.

You can get a Happ to fit in HRAP3/HRAP EX but it is going to take a lot of work. Same with the SE. It is going to be very hard to put it in easily.

Seimitsu sticks will work with both HRAP3/HRAPEX, but you need to put in some work as well.

Seimitsu sticks that fit an 01 (S mounting plate) will fit in no problem on an SE.

Mark, where would you go to find parts to mod a HRAP3 stick?

Are there any suggestions as to what I might want think about doing to the stick sometime down the line or anything? I'm heading down to gamedude to pick one up tomorrow, seeing as it's gonna be my first stick, I wanna be well informed ;)

Hey, MarkMan, is it true there's going to be more TE sticks made available for order?

If you can't answer that or don't feel like it, then that's fine. Will there be at least more SE sticks then? If it's as easy as you say to mod then I may just pick it up for the hell of it.

Does using an octagonal gate increase the deadzone on the stick? I feel like I have to move it more now to get the moves to come out. The movements are easier to do, but I feel I have to be more deliberate with them than I was on the square gate. Seems weird. I think I will do the JLF Ultimate Mod to get the smaller deadzone while keeping the preferable feeling of the oct gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back