CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='docvinh']I called a couple of gamestops around here, and they're either all out or never ordered any. I haven't seen them anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Didn't order the biggest game since Christmas? They must be a fail store.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Didn't order the biggest game since Christmas? They must be a fail store.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm looking for the stick. Sorry, should have been more clear on that.:)

I hope Madcatz realizes how many people are still actively looking for sticks. They could make a easy buck if they produce just the right amount that people want.

Then again they could also over produced and have their fightpads on clearance like what happened with all those hori street fighter controllers years ago.

oh well good thing ive never played on a top notch stick...
se stick is working great for me lol

after i play with a top notch stick ill probably think wow the se stick stock stick and buttons are crap! but i am enjoying every moment of it so far

[quote name='Jest']Whatcha think?

I have black/white seimitsus and and a white or blue bubble top coming... Dunno what top to use.[/quote]

...Wow, that looks great. I think the blue bubble top would look really nice on it. The white one would be a little too much.

[quote name='Furashu']oh well good thing ive never played on a top notch stick...
se stick is working great for me lol

after i play with a top notch stick ill probably think wow the se stick stock stick and buttons are crap! but i am enjoying every moment of it so far[/quote]

How long have you been using it? Haven't seen any posts by people who's sticks were working fine, and am curious if it will hold out or not.

Mad Katz is stating that the problems are only on a small percentage of sticks. So far this seems unsubstantiated as, almost everyone is complaining of broken sticks. I'm curious to find out what the facts are.

[quote name='Jest']Whatcha think?

I have black/white seimitsus and and a white or blue bubble top coming... Dunno what top to use.[/QUOTE]

Jest how about a bigger image? As it stands, I think the background is too plain. Maybe you you could add some black ink splatters or something to liven it up.

[quote name='thadwhit']How long have you been using it? Haven't seen any posts by people who's sticks were working fine, and am curious if it will hold out or not.

Mad Katz is stating that the problems are only on a small percentage of sticks. So far this seems unsubstantiated as, almost everyone is complaining of broken sticks. I'm curious to find out what the facts are.[/quote]

uhh i got it last friday and been using it every day since for 2 hrs each day and its holding up pretty well, the joystick is starting to get stuck as i am assuming the washer got loose. the buttons though are fine nothing stuck or no lag.

I hear a lot of impressions, good and bad.

#capcom I haven't run into anyone with an issue.

SRK has quite a few, but there are ppl who have ones that are fine as well.

On here I don't know of many ppl that have one, but I know some that did, did have ones with an issue.

Sucks ;(

I've got a TE fightstick for the 360 and I've played maybe 4 hours on it when my LT (fierce kick) button went out. Now it won't respond at all.
Has anyone else heard of any button problems?
Should i try and take the bottom off to see if a connection has come lose? I am just afraid of voiding the warrantey and then getting stuck with $150 paperweight.

someone help..

yeah the SE stick was riding out really well then like the joystick started getting stuck about yesterday.. :( but im still using it dont really notice it.. probably happens 5% of the time, but it still can cosst u a match

I'm waiting for my TE stick since the order has been delayed.

I'm considering cancelling it and ordering the HRAP EX instead. So what is the verdict in regards to the comparison of the two sticks? I'd upgrade the buttons to Sanwa on the HRAP of course.

Just not sure what to do, I have the TE on pre-order for $135.00 since I got in on that coupon thingy. It would cost a little more to upgrade the HRAP EX to have the same buttons, but it seems like these Madcatz sticks are falling apart already...

[quote name='BunnyShoopShoop']I've got a TE fightstick for the 360 and I've played maybe 4 hours on it when my LT (fierce kick) button went out. Now it won't respond at all.
Has anyone else heard of any button problems?
Should i try and take the bottom off to see if a connection has come lose? I am just afraid of voiding the warrantey and then getting stuck with $150 paperweight.

someone help..[/quote]

That sucks, unplug it and open it thru the top with a 3mm hex key and just check if the QDs for the LT button are in place.

Or just unplug the breakaway cable then plug it back in... for some reason whenever I have an issue with any 360 controllers, sometimes that will get it to work again.

Esp if it was pulled loose a little bit. Give that a try if not, I'd suggest calling in and the MC tech support team will take care of you for sure.

anyone got any tips on what size hole drill thingy i need to make a good hole for some sanwa obsf30 and obsf24s? i'd search at SRK but search is down

[quote name='suko_32']Good news for those that preordered the TE sticks on Amazon. Mine have updated to "shipping soon."[/quote]

I got they are preparing it for shipment too. I placed my order on November 30. I was shitting it after best buy kept delaying it. I just picked up my collector's edition street fighter iv for both consoles today at blockbuster and to my surprise it came with framed artwork.

I am happy that my order by amazon has gone to shipping as well, very glad I did not cancel but was very tempted, yeah they are late but I can live with it I just hope no serious defects when I recieve it. I hope some people who ordered elsewhere decided to keep their amazon order as well so they may have options.

lol woops, spent a bit too much money thinking that the stick wouldn't ship till friday. Good thing I have overdraft protection!

[quote name='Milkyman']anyone got any tips on what size hole drill thingy i need to make a good hole for some sanwa obsf30 and obsf24s? i'd search at SRK but search is down[/quote]1-3/16" for 30mm and 15/16" 24mm buttons

[quote name='PhrostByte']I'll be really pissed if I receive my TE and there are problems with it... :\[/quote]

I doubt there would be function problems with your TE when ya get it since the case and pcb setup is great and the stick/buttons are all Sanwa. Any functional problems would be a fluke occurrence imo. At the most ya might have some cosmetic stuff like some minor scratch marks. The SE is the one with the problems since it is a madcats made stick and they had a bad assembly run or something causing the washer problem that most SE users have been complaining about.

PhrostByte, aren't you the one who only types in bizarre nonsequiters (sp)? I'll take your insecurity to be a joke that I am not getting.

If by that you mean that I came out of nowhere, then perhaps you're wrong. I didn't know what you mean today, nor yesterday.

You fuck pigs.

I just got my parts from Lizardlick, so here's a pic of my first ever mod job HRAP EX

HRAPModded.jpg

I added the bat top, Octagonal gate and Sanwa buttons, going with the traditional US Arcade Red/White/Blue design. I like the bat top because it's easier for me to grab and hold (I have big hands) and although the octagonal gate makes the stick feel a bit looser, it still is very precise, and I was able to do 720 motions and Guile's Double Flash kick in training mode without much trouble.

[quote name='option.iv']female. Think vaginas to female and penis to male... I know... but it works.[/quote]

I was able to guess correctly, thank goodness for sex ed...

I was able to solder some of the stuff that got disconnected but two of them i cant seem to do, its like there is no more metal on the PCB...Is this broken?

I'll take pics later...

[quote name='ZForce']I just got my parts from Lizardlick, so here's a pic of my first ever mod job HRAP EX

HRAPModded.jpg

I added the bat top, Octagonal gate and Sanwa buttons, going with the traditional US Arcade Red/White/Blue design. I like the bat top because it's easier for me to grab and hold (I have big hands) and although the octagonal gate makes the stick feel a bit looser, it still is very precise, and I was able to do 720 motions and Guile's Double Flash kick in training mode without much trouble.[/quote]

hmm...do you like the octagonal over the square?

do you have to "ride" the edges? to get it right?

i might want to get the bat top too now that i think of it...kinda hard to grip the little ball at times...

It is soooooo much easier for me to do forward and backward quartercircles...and be precise with the joystick in general with my right hand.......i'm right handed...and didn't grow up with arcade sticks..............

i find that my right hand is also faster and more precise when hitting the buttons.................. what to do :(

right now i play hands crossed....but as a result, I feel i don't use all the buttons as much...not able to choose buttons quick enough like from side to side.

Happ competition stick with competition pushbuttons and Cthulhu board. I built this stick about 5 years ago when SF:AC came out but the entire frame was damaged a couple of years ago when I was moving and it got soaked in water (MDF + water = mold city !), therefore the only part that was salvaged was the top panel. Built a new frame out of poplar last week and kept the old top panel just to have something ready for SFIV. Only thing missing is the artwork but that can wait.

arcade_stick01.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Octagonal gate because it feels closer to what I'm used to in old school arcades (hence the button color choices) My goal was to make the stick as close to the classic arcade panels as possible, with the benefit of the more precise and sensitive Japanese parts :)

I was considering the PS3 Pro 3 stick since it's the only one that seems to be available around my area now, but it looks a little....bland, but I'm curious if anyone has any impressions on it.

[quote name='ZForce']I added the bat top, Octagonal gate and Sanwa buttons, going with the traditional US Arcade Red/White/Blue design. I like the bat top because it's easier for me to grab and hold (I have big hands) and although the octagonal gate makes the stick feel a bit looser, it still is very precise, and I was able to do 720 motions and Guile's Double Flash kick in training mode without much trouble.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one with bits of plastic still sticking out under the bolts, waiting till I do my button replacements and custom art to bother taking it apart.

I was going to try octagonal on the HRAP but I'm actually ok with it now that the stick I'm using with square isn't crap like the EX2. Makes it easier to do Cannon Spike motions (F,D,DF) since there's an actual corner and don't go too far around and make a QCF.

Also what the heck why does SF4 use the bumpers in certain menus?!? Certainly can't plug them now.

[quote name='Adawg120']I doubt there would be function problems with your TE when ya get it since the case and pcb setup is great and the stick/buttons are all Sanwa. Any functional problems would be a fluke occurrence imo. At the most ya might have some cosmetic stuff like some minor scratch marks. The SE is the one with the problems since it is a madcats made stick and they had a bad assembly run or something causing the washer problem that most SE users have been complaining about.[/quote]
check out the SRK forums, button/stick problems for the TE are more common than you think.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I was considering the PS3 Pro 3 stick since it's the only one that seems to be available around my area now, but it looks a little....bland, but I'm curious if anyone has any impressions on it.[/quote]

HRAP3 is a solid stick, I think it's best feature is that it's PC compatible. Good for mame.

[quote name='hyogen']yes, a square one.[/quote]
Hmm....:whistle2:k:whistle2:k:whistle2:k Well, at least if I don't like it I can throw an octagonal one in easily enough. Thank you for answering my questions.:D:D:D

[quote name='gunm']HRAP3 is a solid stick, I think it's best feature is that it's PC compatible. Good for mame.[/quote]
Thanks. I might pick it up if I get too impatient. I just want to make sure my first stick purchase is a good one :p

[quote name='suko_32']OH SNAP, my TE stick shipped from Amazon![/QUOTE]
lol, I guess I should have waited then? Oh well, I'm loving the HRAP EX. I'm impatient, I know.
[quote name='amusedtoe']Also what the heck why does SF4 use the bumpers in certain menus?!? Certainly can't plug them now.[/QUOTE]
Really? That sucks. I planned on plugging mine. Guess I won't now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back