CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what exactly is that markman? wireless tekken 6 pads?

I finally did my dual mod for my hrap3, lovin it!
3634589187_3b7d8709e3_b.jpg

joystick.jpg

joyback.jpg

Peer pressure dictates that I play along too.

I modded this thing over two years ago, before anyone cared. Sanwa parts (which I actually got direct from Japan, big hassle), wired to a 15-pin DSUB. Really shoddy job, took more grinding and stupidity than I ever thought. 35mm balltop is too big for me, so I used a 30mm. Octagonal gate because, I dunno, I like it better sometimes. I'd open it up and show you, but... it's not going to win any awards, unlike buttasuperb's amazing nylon-sleeved fancy wiring.

Runs on Neo-Geo, PS1/2 (with a not-pictured adapter I will probably never use again), Dreamcast (adapter not pictured, again)-

jadapter.jpg

guideb.jpg

-and now 360, thanks to the brand-new adapter I made last month from a single-common Gamestop pad. And, of course, the adapter converts old Neo-Geo sticks as well, which will be fun for KOFXII when it lands. The craftmanship on this is much, much better.

Sad thing is, I don't even have any fighting games for 360 yet. Tried SFIV at a friend's house, though.

Well, I decided to finish up the DK control panel last night by installing the instruction card under the plastic overlay and removing the protective layer of plastic. It looks stunning in person! I'm very happy with it.

[IMG-L=4711]7607[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=4711]7608[/IMG-L]

Next up is priming and painting the actual cabinet. Ugh.

Here's the template I'm working on for my SE Fightsick. I'm not an artist by any stretch and don't have much experience with Photoshop (actually used Gimp to make it). I like it, but it's just missing something.

URL%5D

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to re size that, no reason for it to be that big when posting it on forums. The art work does not flow well at all. You have four very different artists work, they just do not meld well with each other. Though if you like what you have going and just think its missing something, try a new background for it.

[quote name='LostRoad']The art work does not flow well at all. You have four very different artists work, they just do not meld well with each other. [/QUOTE]

I have to agree. I'd check out deviantart or someplace like that and browse MvC art - there is plenty of it I'm sure. This will lead you to artists' individual sites and I'm sure you will find something that flows a little better. Then just send a message to the artist and ask if you could use the design for your controller - more often than not they will say it is OK...

Anyone have a site where you can look up how the buttons are laid out for the actual arcade?
Everyone knows Street Fighter layout is:
LP, MP, HP
LK, MK, HK

But what about games like Ikaruga, Raiden Fighters, Soul Calibur 4, Virtua Fighter 5, Dead Or Alive 4, etc.
I would love to configure my TE sticks for all my Xbox 360 Arcade/Fighting games to match how it should be in the Arcade.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Anyone have a site where you can look up how the buttons are laid out for the actual arcade?
Everyone knows Street Fighter layout is:
LP, MP, HP
LK, MK, HK

But what about games like Ikaruga, Raiden Fighters, Soul Calibur 4, Virtua Fighter 5, Dead Or Alive 4, etc.
I would love to configure my TE sticks for all my Xbox 360 Arcade/Fighting games to match how it should be in the Arcade.[/QUOTE]

Soul Calibur series has the button layout Block, A B K in a little arch. It depends on the cab how the arch is I think, the one I played on was more TE style in its layout.

[quote name='LostRoad']For our stick lovers out there playasia is once again taking orders on the Blazblue sticks, to be shipped out June 25.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-77-5-49-en-15-blazblue-70-3c2h.html

PS3
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-77-2-49-en-15-blazblue-70-3c2g.html

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

You should also put that the cheapest shipping option for the sticks is $37.40

Play-asia also has the HORI Fighting Stick EX2 for those that don't want to pay $20 extra for the BlazBlue artwork but it's currently backordered.

[quote name='LostRoad']Lots of places have the EX 2 back ordered, shit but thanks for letting us know that playasia is one of them as well.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Or you could go on Amazon and buy one for $93.93 shipped and put your own BlazBlue artwork on it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1245684117&sr=8-2&condition=new

I don't know what I was thinking that people on CAG might actually want the same stick without the artwork for less money.:roll:

And it still doesn't change the fact that PA wants nearly $40 to ship the stick.

Not sure what you where thinking ether, seeing how this is the stick thread, and 90% of people who come in here are aware that it is an art upgrade, seeing how we have already discussed this some time ago. People in this thread have expressed interest in the BB stick, prior per orders for them though playasia where canceled, and now they are taking them once again.

But its cool you can go Amazon to get over charged for the base model. Or you know get an official released BB stick with branding, box, inserts, stickers, decals.

Unless it's Sanwa parts, it won't be a better deal than the TE.

And yea. It's not a better deal than the TE. ;)

Unless you absolutely need wireless....

First wireless stick Hori is putting out in the States. Looks good and great price. It's probably not Sanwa. Not at that price. I would flip if it was and order 10.

[quote name='MarkMan']A very SEXY box...

sfwis3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Mine is scheduled for delivery this morning. Don't know what it should go for in the US until Play-Asia sets up their price though. :roll:

Would producing the Tekken Wireless Hori stick with quick disconnects, raise the price any in the manufacturing process at all? I'm just wondering if Hori might realize that the US market wants to mod their sticks without all the work involved.

Thanks MarkMan. That is what I was looking for. I can hope but at this point it doesn't seem likely for QDs on the Hori sticks. At least I will probably get one bundle for 360 and PS3 so I can have sticks available for other people.

Well, decided that I need to make as much as possible off this HRAP3 SE, so I have signed a deal with the devil and it's on ebay now.

I hope you don't mind Markmak, but you know worlds more about this stuff that I do, so I borrowed some of the info you typed up previously.

I doubt the stick will go cheap, but I'm still offering $30 off shipping for any CAG that would win.

Link is going in the auction forum now.

Last edited by a moderator:
MarkMan...you need therapy, dude. Do your bedsheets have little arcade sticks on them? LOL

Anyways...just to reiterate, I've got a :360: MadCatz SF TE Stick sitting here that is going back to Gamestop if someone doesn't take it...I'm not looking to make anything on it, just recoup what I put into it (MSRP+tax+Shipping ~ $200)

Oh and!

I'll trade some TE sticks/SE sticks/Fightpads towards some sticks I want to build up my collection more... so if anyone is interested (they are new), let me know...

Lookin for some hot fiyah.

It's nowhere near close to the ideation/mold of the T6 stick. It's just the HRAP licensed rehash they've been doing for 4+ years...

Here's a pic of the insides + sad face....

P1010298.jpg

Quick question for you acrade stick experts:

I currently have a Hori Arcade Stick 3 which I bought for 40 bucks about 6 months ago. I play SF4 occasionally and plan to get MvC 2 and BB and KOF12.

I'm not a hardcore fighter. I kind of suck. I am better with the hori than with a controller, but not much.

Is it worth it to get the TE stick? I have the money to get it, just don't know if it is worth it. How much better is it than the Hori 3? I don't like how the buttons are on my stick, they feel spongy and cheap, to say the least

tl;dr: Is the TE THAT much better than a begginer stick to justify 150 bones?

The buttons on the TE are noticeably better, and the stick feels much more solid and has more resistance. I don't know if i can say you should get it, but it would definitely be worth it depending on how much you play.

To put it in perspective, I have played over 3000 matches online in SFIV, and have felt the TE to be totally worth it.

It is indeed that much better than a beginner stick, the problem is just whether or not it makes a difference to the casual player.

I can't answer that question. I've never been in that position...

So can anyone answer for him? Did the TE really change your view on a casual gamer stick to one with more perceived value?

[quote name='coleipoo']tl;dr: Is the TE THAT much better than a begginer stick to justify 150 bones?[/QUOTE]

Think of it as a one time investment in the PS3's entire lifespan.

EDIT: Oh, I went straight from a T5 stick to a TE. I gotta tell ya, it was totally worth the $150. You can feel the difference in quality the moment you first use it.

I should also mention that I hate the way the joystick feels on my Hori 3. The squareness of it doesn't just seem right to me....I can only do half quarter circles half the time. Maybe it is just me...I do suck at SF4 for some reason. I get worked online 80% of the time. I always kill my friends at my house.

I know a stick doesn't cure suckiness. I just want something that I can get better with.

[quote name='coleipoo']I should also mention that I hate the way the joystick feels on my Hori 3. The squareness of it doesn't just seem right to me....I can only do half quarter circles half the time. Maybe it is just me...I do suck at SF4 for some reason. I get worked online 80% of the time. I always kill my friends at my house.

I know a stick doesn't cure suckiness. I just want something that I can get better with.[/QUOTE]

Tossing an octagonal gate in there works wonders, which is what I did with my hori FS3. You can also do this on the TE, although I haven't on mine yet since I'm saving up money so I can do a full mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back