CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see, I would keep my Hori 3 and just mod it, but it is a bitch to mod. I'm also considering the SE so I could mod it....is both the SE and TE a square gate? I like octagon gates....feels better imo.

@ Mark, true my mistake. I don't really know how I feel about Hori any more. Kinda sick of the same old shit, but then they go and blow my mind with the SE, but only make 10k of them. I will pay for that one since I mod with seimitsu parts anyway. I won't be killing my BB stick orders, because I want them more for the brandings than to play with.

For the guy asking about getting a TE, I would say don't do it. Sounds like you just like to mess around with fighters, which is great. But you really don't need to go all out on something you won't be using that often. The sticks will be there later if you decide you want to put more time into the games, but for a casual play style I would say it's not worth it.

Square gates are the norm for sticks, and that is simply because they have the shortest points to each corner. Only one stick comes to mind that had an octo. But to answer your question yes, but have square, thought gates are only like $4.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coleipoo']You see, I would keep my Hori 3 and just mod it, but it is a bitch to mod. I'm also considering the SE so I could mod it....is both the SE and TE a square gate? I like octagon gates....feels better imo.[/QUOTE]

They're both square.

[quote name='MarkMan']Want to trade for a TE + some goodies ;) ?[/QUOTE]

That would probably not be such a great idea for you as I believe the TEs weigh as much, if not more, than this stick does and you'd have to get it all the way to Japan.

:cool: What goodies?

I don't mind paying the shipping, but if you want to do the trade we can.

And for goodies, let me know if you're looking for something or I can PM you a list of what I have to throw in. Either way PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='MarkMan']Oh and!

I'll trade some TE sticks/SE sticks/Fightpads towards some sticks I want to build up my collection more... so if anyone is interested (they are new), let me know...

Lookin for some hot fiyah.[/QUOTE]

I have some 2 street fighter anniversary im looking to trade made by nubytech.One is with the box and poster and another with no box. I also have wii hori fighting stick. let me know

I have the Blaze stick... the black casing one right?

I have the original Asian white casing one as well.

Also have the Dreamcast one.

There are plenty of sticks I don't have. :(

[quote name='MarkMan']I have the Blaze stick... the black casing one right?

I have the original Asian white casing one as well.

Also have the Dreamcast one.

There are plenty of sticks I don't have. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, the black one with red buttons.

Are you interested in not so great sticks too? Because I have one of these with your name on it ;):

41C3JHN33HL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Sealed too!

lol, thanks but I'm good on those types of sticks. They're still real easy to get so I'm not worried about picking them up just now.

[quote name='MarkMan']lol, thanks but I'm good on those types of sticks. They're still real easy to get so I'm not worried about picking them up just now.[/QUOTE]

But it comes with both a bat and ball top stick!

To the guy thinking about purchasing a TE stick.
I say do it.
I went from:
Fightpad > Hori EX2 > SE FightStick > TE FightStick

The Buttons: You can feel the difference in quality when you jump up from Hori buttons to Sanwa or Seimitsus buttons. It feels like hard stiff buttons to softer more sensitive buttons. Basically Hori buttons(in the EX2) actually have to be pressed down with much more force, with the TE Sanwa buttons I can push the button and activate it with a tap of my fingernail.

The joysticks: This is the most important part to me with all the sticks I've used. The Hori and SE FightStick Sticks are a little stiff. It seems that you need to move it further to have the directions activate. With the Sanwa JLF it is very loose and easier IMO to do moves. I can actually do a hadoken without touching the gate.

With that said you might want to get a SE and just throw some better parts in it. It'll save you maybe $20, if money isn't the issue then go with a TE. I have never played a fighting game more than 20 hours without getting bored of it. Since I purchased the stick, I have logged on over 300 hours. Having friends that are competitive also add to your play time.

Another thing is that I got so into the stick, I have purchased different parts and will be changing my artwork on the stick soon. I almost know how MarkMan feels(maybe not) but nowadays I can enjoy my friends shitty sticks with their shitty stock parts. I try to convince my friends to mod their sticks every time I play with them, so they can enjoy their fighting games like me.

Buying a TE stick was worth the investment to me. You get what you pay for and I couldn't be happier. Especially with all the fighting games coming.

Thanks for the advice. I'm still considering getting the TE, simply because I don't have the tools, or access to the tools, to mod my Hori 3.

If I would get a TE how easy is it to put in an octagonal gate?

[quote name='coleipoo']Thanks for the advice. I'm still considering getting the TE, simply because I don't have the tools, or access to the tools, to mod my Hori 3.

If I would get a TE how easy is it to put in an octagonal gate?[/QUOTE]
Super ridiculously easy. Takes 5 minutes total and most of that is unscrewing and rescrewing screws.

I dunno how the Hori 3 is because I used the Hori EX2.

My skill level with the Hori EX2 is just as good as the TE. The comfort level isn't the same but the end result is. 360s, hitconfirm supers, dodging bullets in shooters, combos, arcade games, BDC / WDs in SC4, it's the same. So don't think that if you get the TE you'll get any better or that it'll make up any flaws in control. They'll still be there. If you can't throw hadokens on an EX2, the TE won't make it any better.

With that said, here's reasons to get a TE:

-It feels good. Seriously. Nice weight and it feels sturdy, it's very comfortable. It won't make you play any better but the feel is more relaxing and less straining.
-It's built to last. Duralast. A heavier chassis and more durable parts makes it more likely to last longer through bouts of ragesmashing. If you use the stick a lot and travel, there's a way less chance of it failing.
-And if it does break down, it's easy to fix. Get a couple buttons and a new stick, easy top removal makes it a breeze to replace parts. And if you like pretty colors there's that too. You can do that with Hori, but it's kinda difficult.
-Taking off the top (heh) is really easy, if you want to change restrictor plates it takes all of 5 minutes unscrewing and rescrewing screws like mr. boobs says. Some sticks require you to remove a lot more screws and plates. If you play 4-way games like Tetris or Pacman it's really helpful.
-If you like modding stuff to make it your own, it's easy. It's arguable but I mean people drop them franklins to get a crappy catback exhaust system just for the feeling of customization so it's up to you.

The real downside is the cost, or rather, the cost per use.
If you use it all the time to the point where a Hori would break down then yes, it's cool. But if not, then there's no point.

Just throwing this here because I can and because I'm damn proud of it. The effort here was more spent on the artwork than on the rest of the stick. The original picture had an ugly seam in the middle, and I had a friend photoshop it out. Then it turned out there wasn't enough space on the edges to place the picture where I wanted it, so I had to extend the edges (in other words, I had to copy the existing design on the picture and draw more of it).

HRAP3, Sanwa parts, plexi cover, blah blah yada yada. This stick works with PS2 games on my Japanese 60GB PS3, and that's ultimately what I wanted it for, so now I'm satisfied. No need for a TE.

horistick4s.jpg

[quote name='PhrostByte']Are you allowed to post pedophilic images onto arcade sticks?[/QUOTE]

I hope so or I'll be really down in the dumps!

^ Could have saved yourself some work with the ps. The template for a TE and SE has been up to dl on srk for at least three months now in the custom art thread. Looks cool all the same.

I made two additions to my Arcade stick collection today.

1) A Tekken 5 10th Anniversary Hori Stick, which a friend of mine sold me for $30

2) A SE PS3 Madcatz Fight Stick, which I got at a second hand store for $37, minus $7 or so for some old crap I sold.

I'd LOVE to mod the Tekken 5 stick with some Sanwa parts to make it equal to my modded HRAP EX on 360, but I lack the soldering and other technical skill that'd be necessary to do it.

If anyone wants one amazon has the xbox TE stick for 149.99 with FSSS or prime. Use your eca 10% to make it 134.99. Im temped to pick up another.

Hey Guys, with the release of Tekken 6, I thought I should make a Tekken Stick!

Tekken-v1.jpg

Tekken-v2.jpg

I've never been a Stick player with Tekken, but there is time to learn!

This is made with Sanwa / Semitsu parts and is the smallest stick we have ever made!

Comments are always welcome!

Jay
http://arcadewhips.com

Canadian stick maker?! fuck yes! Attention wallet: Prepare to be empty!

Do you sell just boxes w/o parts? Also, I might be able to pick-up, where are you located?

Not trying to knock what you are doing Vortex, but perhaps you could tell us a little more on why we should look to you for our next stick when you are about $65 more than a MC TE , and about $55 more than other US custom stick builders? The TE of course coming with Sanwa parts, and builders like VGC allowing you to mix and match.

I'm not seeing any kind of warranty with your sticks ether, care to fill us in? You also list that you use Sanwa and Seimitsu part but don't tell us the make up of these parts.

[quote name='LostRoad']Not trying to knock what you are doing Vortex, but perhaps you could tell us a little more on why we should look to you for our next stick when you are about $65 more than a MC TE , and about $55 more than other US custom stick builders?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the prices are that high since they are located in Toronto - "Please note that ALL Funds are in Canadian Dollars"

[quote name='LostRoad']Price in Canada $245 which is $212 US. Cost of a MC TE stick $149.
212 -149=63. I stand by my claim.[/QUOTE]

Mass produced vs likely individually hand crafted, much more expensive even if there is no quality difference.

[quote name='LostRoad']Not trying to knock what you are doing Vortex, but perhaps you could tell us a little more on why we should look to you for our next stick when you are about $65 more than a MC TE , and about $55 more than other US custom stick builders? The TE of course coming with Sanwa parts, and builders like VGC allowing you to mix and match.

I'm not seeing any kind of warranty with your sticks ether, care to fill us in? You also list that you use Sanwa and Seimitsu part but don't tell us the make up of these parts.[/QUOTE]

Hi LostRoad,

You're not knocking, its perfectly valid what you are asking!

•$65 more than a MC TE
-Yes this is true, because our cabinets are made of Wood, we have put in a LOT of time making these boxes, they are of what we consider excellent quality and workmanship. The time involved in wiring up a new joystick is not easy (especially Dual Platform), and we are dedicated to delivering a Quality product which gamers demand. We are also using a box of our own design, this makes it easier to make for gamers who NEED A STICK NOW! We get a lot of that ;)

•$55 more than other US custom stick builders?
-Well this it true and not true, we researched a LOT of US custom builders out there are have discovered that there are a lot of factors which we needed to overcome. We decided to follow Arcade-in-a-Box's lead, and used two pricing schemes (1) American Happ/iL parts (2) Japanese Sanwa / Seimitsu.

We have taken a look at other builders and they have similar pricing to ours here are just a few:

http://www.kaytrimskustoms.com/Shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_67&products_id=181
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=178682
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=193227

If you look prices on these builders range from $165USD (Happ) $200USD Sanwa/Seimitsu - $300USD Hybrid. They are all recommended on Shoryuken.com as reputable builders.

If you do the conversion, we are not that far off.

Also we allow you to mix and match, but that is considered a TRUE custom request, and *we do not generally accept those as we are busy enough with other standard requests. *(please see below under Sanwa/Seimitsu Parts)

• I'm not seeing any kind of warranty with your sticks ether, care to fill us in?
-Sure, please see our FAQ page

http://arcadewhips.com/faq.html

which is available on our webpage in the contact section.

http://arcadewhips.com/contact.html

•You also list that you use Sanwa and Seimitsu part but don't tell us the make up of these parts.
-All you had to do was ask :D

Sanwa Joysticks JLF-TP-8Y
seimitsu PS-14-GN 30mm screw ins
seimitsu PS-14-DN 24mm screw ins

We use Seimitsu because of the greater range of colours. *We do not mind switching them for Sanwa OBSF-30 and OBSF-24 But there are a limited number of colours compared to Seimitsu.

We are new here at CAG, and only meant to answer a few questions, I hope this helps out anyone interested in our customs.

Please feel free to contact me by PM or at [email protected]

Jay

[quote name='Jest']Canadian stick maker?! fuck yes! Attention wallet: Prepare to be empty!

Do you sell just boxes w/o parts? Also, I might be able to pick-up, where are you located?[/QUOTE]

We're in Toronto!

We build full customs, sorry we don't sell boxes only ;)

Please check our webpage for our address :lol:

Jay

Thanks for all the info Vortex, just had one last question. What kind of wood is used for the boxes. Once more thanks for answering all my questions.

Doc, its really hard to say right now since what kind of parts are used for the stick has yet to come out. I only have one copy of the bundle ordered as of yet. If they put parts worth a shit in them ( non hori ) I will order another if not I will just wait till EB sells them for $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back