CAG Battlefield 2 CLAN : Vol. 2 - Release Copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JDMxB']Have you registered your copy of the game with EA via the included registration template thingy?

A friend of mine forgot to do this, and when his scores didn't register until he actually registered battlefield 2 thru EA.

Might give it a shot.[/QUOTE]
There's another registration process? WTF.... I'll give it a try...thanks. That's the registration found in the Start menu of the game folder right?

Edit: Ok, I did that register thing (the one that opens up a new window and has a sci-fi look to it and I had already done it). Is there another one somewhere I'm overlooking? This sucks.

[quote name='Technique']I registered too. Im down to play tonight on the CAG server. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

yeah sure I was just on now .

[quote name='SteveMcQ']There's another registration process? WTF.... I'll give it a try...thanks. That's the registration found in the Start menu of the game folder right?

Edit: Ok, I did that register thing (the one that opens up a new window and has a sci-fi look to it and I had already done it). Is there another one somewhere I'm overlooking? This sucks.[/QUOTE]

That sci fi look one was the one I was thinking of...hmmm...I really don't know what to make of your situation, I know by this time you are making sure you are playing on ranked servers only--might want to check some bf2 forums.

Some good finds there JD...well, aside from the ridiculous stat-tracking. I just give up on that. If I actually exhibited some of the symptoms others with problems had, I'd understand, but it doesn't fit any of those cases.

I must be a damn good Spec Ops soldier though. All those games played, yet no record of me having been there.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']
I must be a damn good Spec Ops soldier though. All those games played, yet no record of me having been there.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

nice way to think about it

This game is consuming my life.

Must get lance corporal so I can unlock a weapon. Probally will go for the medic or assult weapon, or engineer

[quote name='sying']This game is consuming my life.

Must get lance corporal so I can unlock a weapon. Probally will go for the medic or assult weapon, or engineer[/QUOTE]

after you unlock it, tell us how it is. Don't get the anti-tank weapon though, because it sucks

and I will be on tonight. Going to let my friend play for a while though

I'll stop by later tonight too.
I have unlocked the SA80 so far and its great.
If you want to make an informed opinion on which gun to unlock, take a minute and read up on the little stat page they have. It will tell you the accuracy of it and you can judge if you think it will be better then your current one or not.

From playing around with them all before they locked them in the demo, I can say that i was not fond of most of them. The SF one, one of the new shotguns, and the SA80 were my favorite and seemed to be a good upgrade. The rest seemed worse then the defualt weapons.
Although the mini Barrett says it does more dmg then the defualt rifle, I swear to god you wont hit the broad side of a barn with it.

I'm slowly working my way towards Corporal...although at this rate it will probably take me MONTHS!

Anyway, I unlocked the medic gun (LA85?) and I really really like it. I find myself going medic almost all the time now, instead of before were I would go primarily Spec Ops. It's got full auto and semi auto firing modes, with a good scope attached--perfect setup imo.

The medic class is a real boon for the team, as most of your team will probably go Spec Ops anyway, but now I have a cool gun and the medic abilities.

You guys might want to check this site out: http://www.tweakguides.com/

I went through the BF2 and Catalyst optimization guides, and holy crap did it make a difference. It took about an hour and a half to go through them, but it added a good 15-20 FPS. Now that I have everything running nice and smooth, I'll be on a bit more often.

Mabe we should make 1 or 2 days that we should practice instead of a 5 day practice schedule. On another note im sooooo close to being a lance corporal

[quote name='sying']Mabe we should make 1 or 2 days that we should practice instead of a 5 day practice schedule. On another note im sooooo close to being a lance corporal[/QUOTE]

we only play together on Tuesday's and Saturdays

yeah hey guys im having trouble with gettin battlefield 2 to work i mean i installed it to my computer and everything but when i try to start to play it my screen goes black then it just goes back to my desktop and it doesnt work i think it might be cause my video card isnt good enough but always can anyone one of u guys pm me to see wut the problem is please thanks

[quote name='YeahRight13']yeah hey guys im having trouble with gettin battlefield 2 to work i mean i installed it to my computer and everything but when i try to start to play it my screen goes black then it just goes back to my desktop and it doesnt work i think it might be cause my video card isnt good enough but always can anyone one of u guys pm me to see wut the problem is please thanks[/QUOTE]

what are your specs and what card do you have?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']what are your specs and what card do you have?[/QUOTE]

i have no idea man im stupid when it comes to parts of computers

Same thing happend with my dad's comp when I tried the BF2 Demo. He has a 64mb graphics card and I just swapped it with a 128mb graphics card and it worked.

[quote name='Technique']Same thing happend with my dad's comp when I tried the BF2 Demo. He has a 64mb graphics card and I just swapped it with a 128mb graphics card and it worked.[/QUOTE]

how much was the 128mb graphics card?

cause i really want to play bf2

[quote name='YeahRight13']how much was the 128mb graphics card?

cause i really want to play bf2[/QUOTE]

go to

My Computer

View System Information (this will show processor speed and amount of Ram in your PC)

Click the hardware tab, and then device manager

then click the display adaptors section and tell us what kind of card you have

there are still a couple of people that havent signed up at the bf2 stats site . I wonder how many of us have the retail version already ? I cant count about 7 of us I think . Ill be scheduled for tuesday .

Mookey sorry bout saturday I didnt think I was gonna be on at all but my night was cut short so I did get on at about 10:45 . next time ill post if im not gonna be on that day .

also mooky since alot of the clan hasnt purchased the game and some others have to depart for personal reasons are we gonna stay with the same layout of squad teams or will we be changing it abit.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']go to

My Computer

View System Information (this will show processor speed and amount of Ram in your PC)

Click the hardware tab, and then device manager

then click the display adaptors section and tell us what kind of card you have[/QUOTE]

ive got a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX420(HP)

[quote name='YeahRight13']ive got a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX420(HP)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's your problem. BF2 doesn't support GeForce4 cards (not to mention even if it did, I still don't think it'd run on that card).

[quote name='b0bx13']Yeah, that's your problem. BF2 doesn't support GeForce4 cards (not to mention even if it did, I still don't think it'd run on that card).[/QUOTE]

ok then wuts the video card tyoe i need to get?

[quote name='YeahRight13']well probably like 50 to 100 if thats enough for a good one[/QUOTE]

open your PC up and see what type of slot you have.

If it is a PCI slot you are screwed, but if it is AGP, look into a Radeon 9600 or 9800 or a Geforce 6600. You may also want to look into getting a card with 256MB of memory (128 is required) and you probably want to look towards the 9800 and the 6600 more heavily

those are going to be in your price range more than likely. I would check newegg refurb section and maybe even eBay

[quote name='CaseyRyback']open your PC up and see what type of slot you have.

If it is a PCI slot you are screwed, but if it is AGP, look into a Radeon 9600 or 9800 or a Geforce 6600. You may also want to look into getting a card with 256MB of memory (128 is required) and you probably want to look towards the 9800 and the 6600 more heavily[/QUOTE]

I have a Dell 4550, and it was AGP Only, so I ended up getting the 256 MB 6600 from BB when it was on sale (and got BF2 for free with it). It runs fairly well on medium setting (with 1 GB of RAM on my computer), but it's a bit choppy at times, as well as long load times, but all and all, the video card was amazing on some of my older games like Warcraft, etc.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']open your PC up and see what type of slot you have.

If it is a PCI slot you are screwed, but if it is AGP, look into a Radeon 9600 or 9800 or a Geforce 6600. You may also want to look into getting a card with 256MB of memory (128 is required) and you probably want to look towards the 9800 and the 6600 more heavily

those are going to be in your price range more than likely. I would check newegg refurb section and maybe even eBay[/QUOTE]

when u mean open up u mean like un-screw the screws and look for wut video card i got?

I'll keep checking this thread for updates on when we will actually have a few clan gatherings or heck even maybe some matches.

I guess it's just a busy time of the year, but things just seem to be moving pretty slowly.

See you guys tomorrow. (Tues).

[quote name='JDMxB']I'll keep checking this thread for updates on when we will actually have a few clan gatherings or heck even maybe some matches.

I guess it's just a busy time of the year, but things just seem to be moving pretty slowly.

See you guys tomorrow. (Tues).[/QUOTE]

I've been ranking up and playing alot... like 16 hours in the last 3 days. I'm seconds from becoming lance corporal.

Now, last time I checked the server this (SAT) it was empty. But thats ok, cause I know its a 3 day weekend and its Sat. But Tonight, we got game on. We practice, and then we go on another server and squad up into two teams.

CAG [Red Team]
6 people

CAG [Blue Team]
6 people

I'd like for each squad to have each profession and no pilots or commanders. This is for working on your feet. Which is 90% of the game.

The only thing you can pilot is a 6 man copter.

Your squad, spawns up on the team leader who is voted in by the squad.

We need some real practice and this is gonna give it to us. I see these other clans and they're kicking ass.

We NEED 12 People Tonight. Please come, last Tuesday clan match was 9 members, and Sat I saw 1 or 2.

Tonight I'd like to have 12. I'll be sending out PMs to everyone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, everyone... feel free to collect email addresses of people from other clans. We need to start cutting our teeth on some real clan action. ;-)

Thanks guys. Mooky out.

[quote name='YeahRight13']hey guys if i pick up battlefield 2 today u guys think i could join the clan?[/QUOTE]

yea man, just create a character with {CAG} in front of the name and let me know what that is as well as your AIM or Xfire account name.

Thanks!

[quote name='Mookyjooky']yea man, just create a character with {CAG} in front of the name and let me know what that is as well as your AIM or Xfire account name.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

aight i will as soon as i get a 128MB video card thanks!

ok im dumb how the hell do i open my computer i un-screwed the screws and stuff but it just wont open up u open it from the side of course but wut the hell it wont open help someone?

[quote name='YeahRight13']ok im dumb how the hell do i open my computer i un-screwed the screws and stuff but it just wont open up u open it from the side of course but wut the hell it wont open help someone?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, you are probably better off finding answers to these types of questions by searching through google, you may even find a novice guide to computer hardware.
There is only so much we can help with...not to be rude or anything, just being truthful.

When you get all that sorted out, come join in on the fun playing battlefield2.

hey can I join too? I already made an acct last wk but only found out about the clan a few days ago? (I sent u a PM Mooky)

[quote name='Eagle1Fox2']hey can I join too? I already made an acct last wk but only found out about the clan a few days ago? (I sent u a PM Mooky)[/QUOTE]

come play tonight on the server at 9

You can remove my name. I got the game on pre-order and hadn't even got a chance to open it. Went ahead and returned it today while I had some time. Gonna probably get a new video card in August along with BF2 again. Hopefully I can find more time then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back