CAG Battlefield 2 CLAN : Vol. 2 - Release Copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Renegade_Zero']yes finally! I'm off to the mall with yeahright13 to get this game. yay.[/QUOTE]

awesome , more support for the clan. remember if you have any problems running the game read the manual its helpful.

another hint if it isnt working turn off any instant messaging program and or firewalls. have fun

After installing (I didnt uninstall the game after the first patch btw), the "Patching, please wait..." has yet to go away after a good 5 minutes. It doesn't show up as "Not Repsonding" in Task Manager, so I dunno what to think @_@

EDIT: Well took a few tries, and a longer than expected amount of patching time, but it finished...I'll try to play some later tonight (btw, sorry for not playin suring the meetings, i had a virus/malware torjan that just got cleaned yesterday :bomb:)

yea it takes forever. I thought the same thing when it was taking so long

I will probably play tonight, but not too late because I may go to work with my dad tomorrow

Let us know when the CAG server gets patched to 1.02--when it does i'll be on as usual on tuesdays.

Thanks!

don't install the new ATi drivers. They will completely fuck up BF2

also I bumped into lordwow without even knowing he was playing on that server. It was kind of cool to have that happen

Haha ya, what a coincidence. I thought you had searched for me or something. Nonetheless, It was fun to blow you up a few times :)

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I'm gonna play now for the first time. wow. anyone care to join? my xfire is in my sig.[/QUOTE]

I will follow you in like 30 minutes.

If you have a mic we can form a squad and I can help you out.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I will follow you in like 30 minutes.

If you have a mic we can form a squad and I can help you out.[/QUOTE]

im there also

I just tried to update mine since I haven't played in a few days and it game me a "patch did not update successfully" error. I dled it form EA's website and everything. If i can get it sorted soon I'll join you guys : )

Hey are you guys having issues with the 1.02 patch?

The multiplayer browser is showing real high pings all over 100 (i used to have low pings for all the EA US Official West Coast) and everytime I go to hit the Update Server List button, instead of updating it completely wipes out all the servers in the list, and I can't get them back unless I restart the game.

I really wish EA could get their act together...this is frustrating.

[quote name='JDMxB']Hey are you guys having issues with the 1.02 patch?

The multiplayer browser is showing real high pings all over 100 (i used to have low pings for all the EA US Official West Coast) and everytime I go to hit the Update Server List button, instead of updating it completely wipes out all the servers in the list, and I can't get them back unless I restart the game.

I really wish EA could get their act together...this is frustrating.[/QUOTE]

the only problem I get is that the game will freeze on me (while in a match) and I would have to wait there for about 2 minutes to get it back running.

Argh, i couldn't get the patch to install properly so I had to uninstall the game. If i can't get it reinstalled and running properly I may have to go on hiatus from the group :(

With the 1.02, I'm getting more and more fustrated with EA.

The interface runs much more smoothly for me at least, but the Pings are all 100+ like you guys mentioned (Even though I'm on a University i2 line, and most of the campus is gone for the summer).
Secondly, I'm getting massive slowdowns in game, even running medium-low settings with a Gig of RAM and a 256 MB 6600 Video card. It's driving me nuts.

Some matches I'll play just fine, and then others it'll feel like memory is leaking like in 1.01. I don't know what to think, but it's killing my rating, and making is fustrating to play (so I pretty much don't play right now).

I have to say, in theory, this game is superb. In practicality, it's a failure. I knew there'd be problems once I had to buy a new video card just to play the game, and I think the damning blow is an expansion pack coming out in November. I'm not buying anything until I have a BF2 I can play.

I have not had any issues with the game. Every patch for me seems to be better. now that the interface works well I have not had any problems at all.

as far as the server pings, yea a lot of them are high but I have not seen all that much lag and on the player side I always see extremely low ping (I have been hanging in the 40's and 50's on a lot of servers)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I am ashamed to say I recieved the purple heart today.

O how I hate Gulf of Oman and those bastards in their helicopters[/QUOTE]

lol yea im starting to dislike that map myself . those fly by planes get really annoying.

If anyone wants to play tonight, I plan on playing for a few hours so be sure to hit me up on XFire, or I may just follow you to a server

This game is just getting on my nerves. When EA comes up with yet another patch, i'll be seeing you guys then. As for now, my patience is not where it needs to be with BF2.

All my pings on the browser show 100+, but IN GAME i clock in at about 27-40...and my update server list button is still bugged so that when i go to apply my filters, and then update server list, the entire list dissapears and I have to reload the game to have them show up again.

[quote name='JDMxB']This game is just getting on my nerves. When EA comes up with yet another patch, i'll be seeing you guys then. As for now, my patience is not where it needs to be with BF2.

All my pings on the browser show 100+, but IN GAME i clock in at about 27-40...and my update server list button is still bugged so that when i go to apply my filters, and then update server list, the entire list dissapears and I have to reload the game to have them show up again.[/QUOTE]

I have the same ping problem, it'll have the lowest pings as 100+ in my browser, and I'll be around 60 in the game. Funnily enough, it sure doesn't feel like a sub-100 ping, as turning quickly isn't very responsive, and sporatic slow-down is usually there. Maybe when I get that magical 2nd 512 mb RAM stick (I got 768 now)...hah!;) But I haven't been available to play lately, hopefully i can get some matches in with u guys soon (haven't tried out my mic either).

[quote name='JDMxB']This game is just getting on my nerves. When EA comes up with yet another patch, i'll be seeing you guys then. As for now, my patience is not where it needs to be with BF2.

All my pings on the browser show 100+, but IN GAME i clock in at about 27-40...and my update server list button is still bugged so that when i go to apply my filters, and then update server list, the entire list dissapears and I have to reload the game to have them show up again.[/QUOTE]

I only get a problem with the server list that dissapears very annoying. I have no problem locating servers with low ping . well lets hope more people will actually play when they can get the game to work .

I still love you Jam :lol: . Just to let y'all know, I work tomorrow and Friday night, but if I'm online, I'm probably up for a few rounds, just shoot me an IM/Xfire.

[quote name='b0bx13']I still love you Jam :lol: . Just to let y'all know, I work tomorrow and Friday night, but if I'm online, I'm probably up for a few rounds, just shoot me an IM/Xfire.[/QUOTE]

lol aww thanks man , I moved on tuesday so I havent had access online only at work. but once I get settled ill be back on if anyone sees mooky ask him wats the plan for the clan . thanks

Can someone write out a list of useful Xfire usernames from the clan so I can add them to my friends list and try to get online with them. Need to play some BF2 with people who want to work as a team...damn it!

Still haven't tried out the VOIP either.

Cheers,

Duckfeet

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back