CAG Battlefield 2 CLAN : Vol. 2 - Release Copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
mooky,you may want to try XFire again. They just added the ability to join your friends with the latest update

and I may get on later, but I need to do a few things before I do

Sorry guys, I didn't even notice the server was down until yesterday (UPS ran out of power during the storm) when I got it back online and patched it. There is a new problem now though, the new server binary (Windows and Linux) has a pretty severe memory leak. From about 4pm yesterday till 10:30am today when I restarted it, the server went from using 123MB of memory at idle to almost a Gig. What this means is Chachi and I will need to remember to restart it once or twice a day until the super geniuses at EA get their act together and patch the patch.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']A couple sites (at least) that track stats also offer the sig banner. The more popular one seems to be at bf2tracker.com. When you register your profile/clan using your BF2 PID, you can then get edit a signature with the banner. A direct link is...
http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_trackersig2edit.php.

Another site is http://bf2stats.ausgamers.com/ -- same procedure here... register your PID and link it to a sig banner. Simpler banner but I think it has less clutter.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks man

I'll try to log on the CAG server at 10pm PST tonight, see if anyone is on.

So are we going by that general meeting schedule for tuesdays, or is it being thrown out the window now?

UPDATE-looks like EA realized the problems with the patch, and are now working on releasing a hot fix...they reccomend you uninstall and install the game again, and not patch it.

HOTFIX for Battlefield 2 v1.01 Coming Soon
First off, a HUGE thanks to all of you who emailed me in regards to the memory leak found in the update we released earlier this week (v1.01). Your emails found their way to our production team and they’re in the process of evaluating what needs to be done in order to get this fixed. In the meantime, and since the 1.01 update is causing memory leakage on some systems, we recommend that you reinstall the game and NOT the v1.01 update we released earlier this week.

Reinstalling Battlefield 2 will not affect your in-game medals or ranked server statistics. EA and DICE are committed to getting a fix for v1.01 as soon as we possibly can and will continue to keep you informed through this web space in the coming days.

NOTE: If you installed and are running the newer server files (Win and Linux versions) we made available earlier this week, please revert those as well. We found that those files had the same issues with memory leaks as did the v1.01 update. You can download the older versions here.

[EA]Mike

GG tonight guys.

Sorry I got banned and had to quit. I really did not deliberatly kill anyone but I guess asshats mistaking accidental deaths and intentional killings got me (I kill one guy on accident that looked intentional, but everyone else walked into my firefight)

[quote name='Technique']It was fun playing with everyone tonight,haha,some funny times.
So whens the next time you guys want to meet up? Tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I got to make sure I do my homework tomorrow, but after that I should be on. Tonight was a hell of a lot of fun

Right now i'm back to version 1.0 like EA suggested--with the new patch my server list kept dissapearing and no servers with pings

who all has the patch uninstalled?

I know I left it installed and don't plan on uninstalling it (had more problems with it uninstalled than installed )

and 10 EST sounds good.

[quote name='b0bx13']There's nothing official for tonight, AFAIK, but how about we meet up around 10EST again?[/QUOTE]

That sounds good. Can we set that team speak up again? It's a lot easier to communicate.

is anyone playing the OXM Battlefield 2 Demo on xbox live?

I'm not at the moment, but I was earlier and it's fucking awesome... little laggy... slight glitches here and there... but AWESOME to play it four months in advance on Live.

If you want to play, I might be on tomorrow... gamertag: varsitygamer

~stew

Battlefield 2 for XBox? This is the PC version that we are playing. By the way, nice avatar. I laugh everytime I see it. I LOVE those GI Joe videos. They are HILARIOUS!

[quote name='Technique']Battlefield 2 for XBox? This is the PC version that we are playing. By the way, nice avatar. I laugh everytime I see it. I LOVE those GI Joe videos. They are HILARIOUS![/QUOTE]\

I think he means modern combat (they keep sticking a 2 next to the game in the previews though).

It was really fun from what I played. Probably going to get it at release on the PS2 (all the maps are completely different)

[quote name='Technique']Are there any more differences? Like, weapon wise. I know you said there will be new levels, so that will be cool.[/QUOTE]

Its similar to BF2 but I do think there are some weapon differences. Its been like 4 months since I played it so I am probably not giving the most accurate perspective.

The main thing is that the game is much easier and more pick up and play. No squads or commanders. Its almost like Battlefield 1942 with the setting as Battlefield 2.

sorry I havent been on much guys but my cable service has been up n down this past wk; ive been booted every 5mins or so. My ingame name is BL1ght btw.

[quote name='Eagle1Fox2']sorry I havent been on much guys but my cable service has been up n down this past wk; ive been booted every 5mins or so. My ingame name is BL1ght btw.[/QUOTE]
You might want to put {CAG} before your name so a) we know right away who you are, and b)you're technically supposed to to be in the clan.

Ok I was checking the bf2track site to see how many of us are registered there . Looks like we got 13 people with the game up and running which is cool .

I will be on tonight ofcourse. so who else is going to join us tonight ? For those of you who dont know download teamspeak because we have been using it and its been working great for us. Mooky would provide us with the IP addy for the server .

Oh Mooky, I havent done so yet but are we gonna need to uninstall the patch for now when we play together or not that way we can be prepared for tonight .

dosent look like we will be playing tonight , we dunno about what version to use so I suggest just play and get some practice.

No, let's. Mooky xfired me while I was eating dinner, but it seems he is afk now.. I wonder if he will play once he gets back?
Mooky's xfire is kenada23 right?

I tried to sign on but wasn't allowed since the server is still running the 1.01 patch and I reinstalled the original after a lot of problems. Is there going to be a rollback or are we just waiting until the hotfix from EA?

I say we meet up today sometime, since no one came to yesterdays. How many people can make it tonight, or at least sometime today?

if anyone wants to play a game this weekend, feel free to get to me on XFire or on the boards. I have been dying to play some but school was in the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back