CAG Burnout Paradise PS3 Night [6/14 @ 3PM - 9PM EDT ]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Any USB camera will work, if you have one.

Lol, I was actually happy about this trophy since it was easy (I have Eyetoy and PS Eye). ;)[/QUOTE]

Then something must be wrong. I get a "Unknown USB device" message when I plug in the webcams, and nothing comes up when I go to the "Camera" settings under "Accessories" in the XMB

Do any PS3 games use the Eyetoy? Perhaps if I can justify it besides the platinum I won't feel like a tool. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Ecofreak']Then something must be wrong. I get a "Unknown USB device" message when I plug in the webcams, and nothing comes up when I go to the "Camera" settings under "Accessories" in the XMB

Do any PS3 games use the Eyetoy? Perhaps if I can justify it besides the platinum I won't feel like a tool. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]It might be that it lacks a plug and play feature. Did you ever try accessory settings to see if it works (I would get unknown with my Guncon3)?

I use my PS Eye for video chats and some games support them in a way, but can't think of which off the top of my head.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It might be that it lacks a plug and play feature. Did you ever try accessory settings to see if it works (I would get unknown with my Guncon3)?

I use my PS Eye for video chats and some games support them in a way, but can't think of which off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

Yep -- I checked it under the accessories setting. I may pick it up if I'm around the local GS but no rush I suppose.

Does the PS3 recognize the Guncon 3?

[quote name='Ecofreak']Yep -- I checked it under the accessories setting. I may pick it up if I'm around the local GS but no rush I suppose.

Does the PS3 recognize the Guncon 3?[/QUOTE]Oh the Guncon3 works, but I just remember at times getting some strange unknown thing (but it worked in-game).

I currently have the following names down as in:
Cartman058
Cataplexy
KingBroly
marvinwynn
nuness1988
Phoenix_Azure
tenchi33
Zaran123

If we overflow, I could make a second group and get in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure who's added on my FL right now, so make sure to send me a FR with CAG Burnout in the message.

It's really cold here for some reason.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Oh the Guncon3 works, but I just remember at times getting some strange unknown thing (but it worked in-game).

I currently have the following names down as in:
Cartman058
Cataplexy

KingBroly
marvinwynn
nuness1988
Phoenix_Azure
tenchi33
Zaran123

If we overflow, I could make a second group and get in.[/quote]

I have bolded the names of those I don't have on my Friends List currently. Unless of course those who have their names bolded have different PSN names (Or are those PSN names?)

[quote name='KingBroly']I have bolded the names of those I don't have on my Friends List currently. Unless of course those who have their names bolded have different PSN names (Or are those PSN names?)[/QUOTE]I put their PSN-ID down, not their CAG names (I usually refer to people by PSN name). Those are people who posted in this thread saying they are in. If they have not sent you a friend requests, they can forget about getting in.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I put their PSN-ID down, not their CAG names (I usually refer to people by PSN name). Those are people who posted in this thread saying they are in. If they have not sent you a friend requests, they can forget about getting in.[/quote]

Okay then. You are right though. I'm putting it on invite only this time (It was Friends Only last time). I also don't have the problem like you seem to have with 96+ friends on your list and it freezing up.

I've got a car question. I know that I have the Rai-Jin, but it seems like I can only get it in some junkyards or something. It's only there sometimes. Does anyone know what the trick is for getting it?

Also, I'll hop on and add you Broly.

[quote name='cartman58']I've got a car question. I know that I have the Rai-Jin, but it seems like I can only get it in some junkyards or something. It's only there sometimes. Does anyone know what the trick is for getting it?

Also, I'll hop on and add you Broly.[/QUOTE]

Is the Rai-Jin one of the online only cars? If so it should appear in all of your junkyards when you are in an online game.

No game for me this week, but hopefully next time.

burnout broked my internets. I cant sign into PSN... Well it was fun while it lasted and I finally got that wildcats stadium trophy.

I'm sorry to those who couldn't enter. It was fun and I don't blame anyone for not completing any challenges
except Phoenix_Azure :roll:
. At the end, we just did like...12 quick Freeburn Challenges. Why? Because they were easy. I have like...139/490 Challenges done now. Yikes. Still a long way to go. Maybe I should play it with random people more.

Anyways...2 weeks from now (The first chance after the upcoming patch/DLC)...

When: Sunday, February 9th
Time: 5pm EST
Vehicle: Downloadable Content Cars

So basically...the night for everyone to get their DLC-based Car Trophies ;)

Great game as always. Thanks for hosting KingBroly. Sorry guys for dropping out those times. I have to call my internet provider and get them to raise my bandwidth, they dropped my bandwidth from 7M/1M to 1M/300K *bleh*

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm sorry to those who couldn't enter. It was fun and I don't blame anyone for not completing any challenges
except Phoenix_Azure :roll:
. At the end, we just did like...12 quick Freeburn Challenges. Why? Because they were easy. I have like...139/490 Challenges done now. Yikes. Still a long way to go. Maybe I should play it with random people more.[/QUOTE]

You sonnva'... Thanks for calling me out! It's not my fault the game glitched and I magically got stuck on the flippin' railroad. There needs to be more exits off that place, I seriously hate driving on that thing.

To Cartman & Tenchi, you two are on my Dookie list. Next time we play, prepare for a throw-down!

So I checked the number of time challenges I've completed, and after several online sessions, I'm at a whopping...4. Crikey -- these things are hard to complete (being incompetent like me doesn't help).

Is anyone interested in trying to do the 2-Person online timed challenges? This way, if I may a fool of myself, I only feel bad about making one person miss the challenge's completion. I'm not terrible, btw, as I've gotten all the trophies except for the 10 Online Time Challenges. I just get flustered when there's a time limit and working with people.

I fail at marketing myself.

[quote name='Ecofreak']You sonnva'... Thanks for calling me out! It's not my fault the game glitched and I magically got stuck on the flippin' railroad. There needs to be more exits off that place, I seriously hate driving on that thing.

To Cartman & Tenchi, you two are on my Dookie list. Next time we play, prepare for a throw-down!

So I checked the number of time challenges I've completed, and after several online sessions, I'm at a whopping...4. Crikey -- these things are hard to complete (being incompetent like me doesn't help).

Is anyone interested in trying to do the 2-Person online timed challenges? This way, if I may a fool of myself, I only feel bad about making one person miss the challenge's completion. I'm not terrible, btw, as I've gotten all the trophies except for the 10 Online Time Challenges. I just get flustered when there's a time limit and working with people.

I fail at marketing myself.[/quote]

Oh, I definitely want to do 2 player challenges, timed and freeburn. I want to Freeburn Challenges moreso than Timed just because they're more plentiful.

[quote name='KingBroly']Oh, I definitely want to do 2 player challenges, timed and freeburn. I want to Freeburn Challenges moreso than Timed just because they're more plentiful.[/QUOTE]

Since you expressed interest, I will give you a chance to redeem your transgression and work with me on the 2 player time challenges. PM me when you're free this week.

I'd like to get 100% of the Burnout trophies before the next patch comes along, as I doubt I'll ever buy all the DLC and thus never have a chance to reach 100% post Feb. 5th.

Stupid mugshot trophy...

[quote name='Ecofreak']I'd like to get 100% of the Burnout trophies before the next patch comes along, as I doubt I'll ever buy all the DLC and thus never have a chance to reach 100% post Feb. 5th. [/quote]

Hate to bust your bubble, but they've already updated the trophies on PSN for Burnout. I only noticed because I went from being at around 56% of the trophies to around 42-44%.

Hey, I didn't start it Ecofreak, but if it's a throw down you want, well bring it!!! *grr*

I still need those 2/3 player challenges too so if you, KingBroly or anyone else wanna do some, hit me up. Be forewarned though, I'm not the best at challenges so be ready to spend some time on them :)

[quote name='KingBroly']

Anyways...2 weeks from now (The first chance after the upcoming patch/DLC)...

When: Sunday, February 9th
Time: 5pm EST
Vehicle: Downloadable Content Cars

So basically...the night for everyone to get their DLC-based Car Trophies ;)[/quote]

I plan on getting that DLC, so I'll be there for that wholesome trophy goodness! :bouncy:

The only trophies I might have problems with are the upcoming Race Trophies. I'm currently going for the Elite License atm, and as we know...the AI is insane on those courses. So I might have to start another save file in order to get those.

[quote name='cartman58']Hate to bust your bubble, but they've already updated the trophies on PSN for Burnout. I only noticed because I went from being at around 56% of the trophies to around 42-44%.[/QUOTE]

You continually crash into me, AND you bring me bad news? You're not helping your chances of gettin' off my Dookie list.

[quote name='tenchi']Hey, I didn't start it Ecofreak, but if it's a throw down you want, well bring it!!! *grr* [/QUOTE]

I'll be drivin' the Inferno Van or 4X4 Monster Truck next time....you've been warned!

Lots of fun, will have to remember to turn the microphone on on my PS3 Camera before entering the game next time, wouldn't let me switch it on without leaving the game and I had a hard enough time getting in the game in the first place :lol:.

I'm going for elite license currently too, I've had pretty good success so far using fast, aggressive cars, knock'em off the road whenever you run out of boost :cool:. Can't wait for the restart feature on those damn races which go from downtown to the windmill/observatory and the burning routes.

It's too bad there wasn't enough room but it sounds like you guys didn't do any timed challenges which are the ones I need for the trophies. I guess next time I won't be four minutes late.
Edit: I'm on pheonix and king's friends list so if you guys need somebody to do timed challenges with let's set a time during the week so we can do them asap.

Hey, guys, I'm wondering, is this a game for me?

It's only 19.xx at Walmart.

I don't have much experience with racers on the ps3. I do have Motorstorm:pR and enjoy that. I played Midnight Club 1 a while ago and enjoyed that as well. Is this game similar to it? Also got an EoJ bundle and I hear this game also uses the Eye.

Again, should I bite on this game? Thanks for any replies.

[quote name='option.iv']Hey, guys, I'm wondering, is this a game for me?

I don't have much experience with racers on the ps3. I do have Motorstorm:pR and enjoy that. I played Midnight Club 1 a while ago and enjoyed that as well. Is this game similar to it? Also got an EoJ bundle and I hear this game also uses the Eye.

Again, should I bite on this game? Thanks for any replies.[/quote]
Yes.:lol:

I hate most racing games, but I love Burnout Paradise. And that really is saying something.

[quote name='Ecofreak']

I'll be drivin' the Inferno Van or 4X4 Monster Truck next time....you've been warned![/QUOTE]

lol. With one of those car, there wouldn't be a chance in hell of you getting close enough to me to hit me, I'd be driving circles around you. Besides, I'd like to see you do some of the timed challenges in the inferno van :)

I'm working on my elite license too. The races are just insane, I'm leaving those for last and currently doing the wanted, take down, and stunt challenges first.

Have you ever played San Francisco Rush? Previous Burnout games gave a little of the SFR vibe, but when they moved Burnout into an Open world the more I think about it, the more it reminds me of SFR (arcadey controls, stunts, insane jumps, and shortcuts). About the only annoying thing about the move to open world is having to drive back to the start line to retry a race which ends on the other side of the map, but that's being fixed in a patch on Feb 6th.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Have you ever played San Francisco Rush? Previous Burnout games gave a little of the SFR vibe, but when they moved Burnout into an Open world the more I think about it, the more it reminds me of SFR (arcadey controls, stunts, insane jumps, and shortcuts). About the only annoying thing about the move to open world is having to drive back to the start line to retry a race which ends on the other side of the map, but that's being fixed in a patch on Feb 6th.[/quote]

I loved San Francisco Rush... I have all 3 of the N64 games and I agree that it has that vibe because those comparisions did cross my mind as I played Burnout. Only thing I wish the Burnout cars did when they crash, is explode, Rush style! :D

do alot of people still play this game?
+ if i was to get it, should i wait for the new one to come out? the ultimate box?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I loved San Francisco Rush... I have all 3 of the N64 games and I agree that it has that vibe because those comparisions did cross my mind as I played Burnout. Only thing I wish the Burnout cars did when they crash, is explode, Rush style! :D[/QUOTE]

Didn't Burnout revenge have that after crash explosion you could do?

[quote name='The1evil']do alot of people still play this game?
+ if i was to get it, should i wait for the new one to come out? the ultimate box?[/quote]

Ultimate Box isn't coming out in the US.

[quote name='tenchi']Didn't Burnout revenge have that after crash explosion you could do?[/quote]
Yeah, in showtime you'd use Boost to explode your car to maneuver it into traffic.

So I broke down and got a PS2 EyeToy for $5 at my local Gamestop. A tool, though I may be, but I got the platinum trophy! Too bad it only raised my trophy level of 6 from 18% to 28%. :(

So I'm at 94% with the 10 Time Challenges trophy the only one left to get.

[quote name='mguiddy']Ultimate Box isn't coming out in the US.
[/quote]It is coming to the U.S. but it will be exclusively released on PC. Which doesn't make any sense at all to me.

[quote name='silent h3ro']It is coming to the U.S. but it will be exclusively released on PC. Which doesn't make any sense at all to me.[/quote]
:lol:
But this is the PS3 forum... who cares what comes out on PC.;)

I just got this game tonight. I'm looking forward to playing with you guys on Sunday. Thanks again for all the suggestions as well.

Yeah, until February 5th/6th, all DLC on the PS3 version are available through a game update. On February 5th/6th is when the paid DLC hits the PS Store.

Still haven't seen a price on the party pack, Haven't ever purchased any DLC before so I was wondering if that was typical to wait till very close to release date to detail the price? Maybe on Friday when then normally do their CrashTv thing.

bread's done
Back