CAG Burnout Paradise PS3 Night [6/14 @ 3PM - 9PM EDT ]

You won't see all the content cost together cost more than $20. I'm sure of that much. And remember that Big Surf Island isn't coming out in February, either.

Finally got the 10 Time Challenge Completion challenge, so now I've gotten 100% of the trophies before the patch!

Thanks to Broly for helping me out. The 2 player Time Challenges are hella more easy than the 8 Player variety.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Finally got the 10 Time Challenge Completion challenge, so now I've gotten 100% of the trophies before the patch!

Thanks to Broly for helping me out. The 2 player Time Challenges are hella more easy than the 8 Player variety.[/quote]
How come you didn't respond to the post I put up last night? Whatever, to gamefaqs I go.
Finally got 100% with cars and 101% with bikes. I need me some content bad.

[quote name='sotc1988']How come you didn't respond to the post I put up last night? Whatever, to gamefaqs I go.
Finally got 100% with cars and 101% with bikes. I need me some content bad.[/QUOTE]

My bad -- Broly and I had already agreed to do the 2 Player Timed Challenges either the day before or a few hours before you posted.

There's always the 3 Player Time Challenges if you're interested! And congrats on getting completions for cars and bikes.

[quote name='Ecofreak']My bad -- Broly and I had already agreed to do the 2 Player Timed Challenges either the day before or a few hours before you posted.

There's always the 3 Player Time Challenges if you're interested! And congrats on getting completions for cars and bikes.[/quote]
It just kind of sucks because I have to delete my save file after backing it up because of the trophy glitch. It's either that or wait until the new patch comes out and IF they fix it, I would still not have 100% thanks to the new trophies.

I'm pretty sure the upcoming patch will fix it, but I'm not 100% on that. The full patch list is rumored to go up 2 hours after the patch goes up.

Anyways, for Sunday, 5pm, it'll be Cars this time. Not DLC based like I planned unless they put it all out at once. I plan on doing it for 2 hours, or until everyone leaves. The main focus will be Freeburn Challenges, not Time Challenges. Just make sure you have enough time to download the patch before playing. I've heard it's a pretty substantial update, upwards of 150mb.

Why focus on Freeburn Challenges?
Well...you unlock a car by doing 2 sets of Freeburn Challenges (Not Time Challenges), and I thought people would want help in making progress for that car.

[quote name='ChiefsFan21']I can't wait for Ultimate Box. All updates pre-loaded? I'm there.[/quote]
It's only coming out for PC in NA.

I really need to play this online - I have none of the online trophies at all. I am on a hunt to get 100%, or darn close to 100% on this game. So this Sunday at 5 EST huh? I can make that, feel free to add me...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fuss']I really need to play this online - I have none of the online trophies at all. I am on a hunt to get 100%, or darn close to 100% on this game. So this Sunday at 5 EST huh? I can make that, fell free to add me...[/quote]
I'd recommend just going into a public room during the day to get the "XX miles on a bike with 8 people in the lobby" one. It literally took me about five minutes to get it in some random room a few weeks ago.

Damn I guess I still have a car left to get! I knew that you get 101% from doing two sets of freeburn challenges but I didn't know you get a car. And I thought I was done with 100%!

[quote name='mguiddy']I'd recommend just going into a public room during the day to get the "XX miles on a bike with 8 people in the lobby" one. It literally took me about five minutes to get it in some random room a few weeks ago.[/quote]
I did that yesterday - I was really surprised how many trophies I got in a short amount of time from being online. I still have some car ones to get - but much less than before.

Reminder that I'll be hosting Sunday from 5pm-7pm EST for Burnout Cars. Something post update I've noticed is that microphone usage seems to be really echoed now, and makes it much harder to hear people. It might've just been some random people, but it's been pretty consistent.

Good, I need to get some car challenges done. I just need to complete one more set and then I'll have 101% and my final unlockable car (even though it's one I'll never use). To get 102% I'd have to complete all 490 challenges. YIPES! I'll make sure I'm there early though because I know the room fills up fast.

I've still yet to hit 100% myself, let alone 101% (don't know how to do that). Only a couple more Awards to go on that front, though.

This is a reminder that in 3 hours (5pm est) I will be hosting Burnout Cars, it'll be open for 2 hours, and focus is on Freeburn Challenges, not Timed Challenges.

[quote name='option.iv']I'll try to make it as well. To tell the truth though, I haven't been able to play much of Burnout since I got it.[/QUOTE]I'll definitely have to play with you sometime, but I've been a bit busy as of late.

sweet forgot there was a burnout thingy going on today. I'm on right now so if there's space I wanna play.

We had a good turnout. 6-7 people throughout the night. Sorry I had to cancel that last challenge, but I kind of have to run.

[quote name='KingBroly']We had a good turnout. 6-7 people throughout the night. Sorry I had to cancel that last challenge, but I kind of have to run.[/QUOTE]That's a pretty good turnout. I was online for a short time, but had to run due to several asking for my help. Hopefully the next time I'm on.

[quote name='tenchi']It was a lot of fun. I couldn't get my fat ass car to barrel role more than once. :p[/quote]
Obviously.;)

uh....ew?

Anyways, probably won't be hosting next week. I want to take a little break from Burnout. I've played it about 2-3 hours a day for the past 2 weeks, and I need a break. I'll probably try and get 40x Multiplier tomorrow, though.

Any CAGs wanting to get together a small game during the week to finish off your car timed events trophy? Been trying to get my last 3 for several days but it's pretty hard to do in pubs. I'm usually on for an hour or so around 10 EST during the week if there are any CAG Night Owls who want to work toward that trophy send me a MSG via PSN.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Any CAGs wanting to get together a small game during the week to finish off your car timed events trophy? Been trying to get my last 3 for several days but it's pretty hard to do in pubs. I'm usually on for an hour or so around 10 EST during the week if there are any CAG Night Owls who want to work toward that trophy send me a MSG via PSN.[/quote]
I could help, as long as you stop crashing into me when I'm just sitting there.:lol:
I'll send a friend request on PSN if you don't first.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Any CAGs wanting to get together a small game during the week to finish off your car timed events trophy? Been trying to get my last 3 for several days but it's pretty hard to do in pubs. I'm usually on for an hour or so around 10 EST during the week if there are any CAG Night Owls who want to work toward that trophy send me a MSG via PSN.[/QUOTE]

I'm not the best at these timed events but if there's no one else online, you can hit me up. Just make sure you bring a big bag'o patients with you if you do :)

[quote name='mguiddy']I could help, as long as you stop crashing into me when I'm just sitting there.:lol:
I'll send a friend request on PSN if you don't first.[/quote]
Thanks for the help, despite what the "view challenges" thing said I only needed one, Platinum! Now I just need to finish off my elite license (40 or so events).

[quote name='tenchi']I'm not the best at these timed events but if there's no one else online, you can hit me up. Just make sure you bring a big bag'o patients with you if you do :)[/quote]
I helped him with it last night... turns out he only needed one.:lol:

Does anybody want to do any mid week challenges? Since we won't have one on sunday, I figure if two other people want to knock out an entire set of challenges (it doesn't take that long and it's pretty easy) we could do all fifty three person or four person challenges in about half an hour. Any takers? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to get 101% and my last car. This would put me up there.

[quote name='mguiddy']I'd help with that. Just let me know when.[/quote]
Let me try and get one more person. Maybe tomorrow night at six or so pacific.

[quote name='sotc1988']Let me try and get one more person. Maybe tomorrow night at six or so pacific.[/quote]
If tomorrow, I'll be leaving at 7 Pac for GTAIV.

If you guys need help, I MIGHT be able to squeeze it in. Why? Because I'm just that nice. Also, lady Burnout's claws are in me deep, and it's hard to remove them.

Ok well if you guys want to do it tonight then we can. I am pacific and don't have anything to do tonight so if you guys are fine to go tonight than I can do it starting as early as 4:00. I was suggesting tomorrow in case we couldn't get enough people in time but now that we have 3-4 already we can do it tonight.

Yeah I can get in on it tonight. I'll add you to my friend's list when I get home in a couple hours. Might be better to do 5:00 PST so I can eat dinner (silly East Coaster here).

Uh, that was weird. It said you guys left and then I got signed out of psn. I think we still had a couple more three player ones. Thanks for sticking with it as long as you did though. I know it was frustrating sometimes. Maybe next week or this weekend we can finish it off.

Well, I'm not hosting, so someone else will have to if there's going to be a game. I probably won't be able to host next week either because Street Fighter IV is coming out and I will be playing that.

Myself, DD83, owl and several others had an impromptu Burnout night yesterday. It was a heck of a lot of fun. I was glad I was able to show up my shiny new paint. Sadly the new paint doesn't help my stunt skills nor my sense of direction.

bread's done
Back