CAG Burnout Paradise PS3 Night [6/14 @ 3PM - 9PM EDT ]

whens the next cag nite for burnout cuz i want in. I'm in need of the wildcat trophy and the 10 miles on a bike in a 8 player lobby one too.

The next CAG Burnout night will be when Criterion releases the Boost car DLC, so...2 weeks if this is their schedule for the DLC.

I'm guessing it'll be Bikes, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='finsfan0210']whens the next cag nite for burnout cuz i want in. I'm in need of the wildcat trophy and the 10 miles on a bike in a 8 player lobby one too.[/quote]

ditto. Anyone else? I need a lot of the online ones.

Man those toy cars are freaking expensive. I kind of understand the legendary cars since they are brand new vehicles but these are cars in the game already just reskinned! I'm not buying any of the dlc until they price it better.

i got lucky and got the wildcat and 10 mile w/ 8 players trophies so i'm on my way to the platinum now but i still want to play on cag nite sometime soon

[quote name='sotc1988']Man those toy cars are freaking expensive. I kind of understand the legendary cars since they are brand new vehicles but these are cars in the game already just reskinned! I'm not buying any of the dlc until they price it better.[/quote]

They aren't just reskinned. The dynamic of the game changes a little bit when toy cars are involved. They control totally different than their large counterparts, and they are smaller, so they can weave in and out of traffic better. They spin out a lot easier, and they crash different ( think running a hotwheel into a wall- not a lot of damage and a lots of "driveaways")

bah. I was all set to try to host tonight but my nephews called me so I'm gonna head over there and play with them. I doubt I'll be back for 6pm but depending on how long it goes on I'll join in later. I'll definitely play tonight. I got 3-4 cars to shutdown. I've been spending too much time trying to beat time rules. I just got really annoyed at seeing KingBrolys times scrolling across my screen.

Boost Cars are being released Thursday...Criterion really wants to take over my life it seems.

Sunday
6pm - 7pm EDT
Cars [Will get on earlier if people want to do Toy Bike Trophy Boosting]

Well, usually the tradition is once we get 8 people we go to the Stadium (specifically for that Trophy), otherwise we don't.

I am down for this I am going to set an alarm now. Should I just add you to my friends list KingBroly?

I already have the wildcat trophy, but I am down for that. I was hoping we could do the timed car challenges. I need all ten timed challenges, plus some time in between to change up cars and get some of the other trophies like the three boost types in the Mech.

Id like to do the bike ones as well, but I hear doing the bike trophies before the car trophies can mess up your chances of getting the freeburn and timed challenge trophies.

That's usually how it works. It's much easier for me for others to send me friend requests mentioning Burnout in the Friend Message. It also shows me you're interested.

Hey Broly I'm gonna send you a friend request here in a minute. I'd like to partake in this as well. My PSN so ya know is ArJay2k8.

Okay. I'll accept it when I get on. I know this week I said we'll do cars, so...next weekend (Not this weekend), I'll be hosting Bikes. So...the upcoming schedule is as follows:

Sunday, March 15th @ 6pm EDT - Cars
Sunday, March 22nd @ 6pm EDT - Bikes

I won't be doing the toy bike boosting before this week's cars event unfortunately because of this. Don't worry, though, you can get it during next week's event.

Okay, so...tomorrow is going to happen. I'm going to be starting in the Mountains. I've sort of planned a few challenges for tomorrow, and we'll start there.

[quote name='KingBroly']Okay, so...tomorrow is going to happen. I'm going to be starting in the Mountains. I've sort of planned a few challenges for tomorrow, and we'll start there.[/quote]
K sounds good, I'll be there.

Sounds good, I should be able to join.
Incidentally, Island Pete, one of the sub twitter accounts for criterion games, posted this on Friday "Off on vacation next week.. must remember to lock the toll booth..." which makes me wonder if Big Surf Island is going to be released this thursday.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Sounds good, I should be able to join.
Incidentally, Island Pete, one of the sub twitter accounts for criterion games, posted this on Friday "Off on vacation next week.. must remember to lock the toll booth..." which makes me wonder if Big Surf Island is going to be released this thursday.[/quote]

The indication people have been given was May

I guess we can. I only plan on doing Trophy whoring per requests, unless it's meet up in the Wildcats' Stadium (because that one's different).

EDITED for a shameless plug: If you want to check out what I think of the DLC, check out my latest blog entry. You'll be shocked @ #2. But it's just my take on it.

Just sent you a Friend Request, KingBroly.

I practically have all the offline trophies, but don't have a single online trophy. :(

Also, do CAGs usually play with their headset and/or PSEye on? I have both and was curious.

Lastly, I posted in your Burnout blog entry. :D

Most of the players use headsets while playing. Sometimes there are players that don't have headsets, but those are the players you can trust to get the job done when it comes to Challenges, especially the timed ones. So if you're unsure about something, it's best to have a headset so you can be guided about what you need to do.

Just so you all know, I don't have a headset myself. Hope that won't be an issue. As for online trophies I'm all for getting them, as there's still a few I need (Wildcat, Red and Blue Teams for Road Rage, and the Timed Challenge ones.)
Oh and where's your blog Broly?

You click the 90 under my avatar.

No Headset isn't a problem (Bluetooth Headsets are really cheap, you know), but I personally prefer them. Also keep in mind that sending messages slows everything down.

Yea I found your blog right after I posted....good stuff.
As for a headset I plan on buying one soon, just haven't had the chance yet. Keep in mind I've only had my PS3 about 2 months lol.

I would love to join in tonight. I'm up for whatever since I don't really care about trophies. I'll never get platinum simply because I don't own a usb camera to get the stupid picture taking trophy.

No worries. You can always participate in Bikes next week.

I might be a bit pre-occupied at the start of CAG Burnout night. It'll still be open, but I'll be paying attention to the NCAA Tournament Selections

[quote name='KingBroly']No worries. You can always participate in Bikes next week.

I might be a bit pre-occupied at the start of CAG Burnout night. It'll still be open, but I'll be paying attention to the NCAA Tournament Selections[/quote]
Ohh yeah, Crap I'ma be watchin them too, what time does the BP Night usually go for? I prolly wont be on til after the picks are made, or at least until I see where Boston College ends up lol

It usually goes for 90-120 minutes. Hmm...

Okay...decision. It'll start at 6:30pm tonight instead of 6. I do not want distractions.

GGs guys. Sorry for sucking at the Quarry 4 Jumps challenge. My mic wasn't working correctly and I guess I kept jumping over the wrong ramps.

S'all good man. Thanks for having me Broly, it was fun. Got myself a few trophies I didn't have, thanks for that. I know next week is bikes, but anyway the next time we do cars we can do some road rage? So I can get the trophies for being on the red/blue teams? Also, I'm def gonna look into getting a mic sometime either this week or next. Sucked being the silent one lol.

good times- someone's mic was giving me a TON of static, so i ended up just turning my volume down.

Got all the trophies I needed tonight (all that's left is Stunt challenge, and 10+ timed challenges). Looking forward to bikes next week.

Make sure you get the ten timed before you do any bike challenges otherwise the trophy will never unlock. I had to back up my save file and then start a new game, get 10 timed challenges, and re-upload my save after I got the trophy. Quite the hassle.

[quote name='sotc1988']Make sure you get the ten timed before you do any bike challenges otherwise the trophy will never unlock. I had to back up my save file and then start a new game, get 10 timed challenges, and re-upload my save after I got the trophy. Quite the hassle.[/quote]

You can always put your save on a USB drive for backup.

[quote name='nbballard']good times- someone's mic was giving me a TON of static, so i ended up just turning my volume down.

Got all the trophies I needed tonight (all that's left is Stunt challenge, and 10+ timed challenges). Looking forward to bikes next week.[/quote]
If that ever happens again you can press select, open the players menu, watch the mic patterns to find which one is causing you problems, then click that player and you can mute them.

[quote name='sotc1988']Make sure you get the ten timed before you do any bike challenges otherwise the trophy will never unlock. I had to back up my save file and then start a new game, get 10 timed challenges, and re-upload my save after I got the trophy. Quite the hassle.[/quote]

so wait- what do i have to do again?

I heard that there was also a glitch related to the Legendary car trophy for Kit.

Just saving my save to a USB drive, deleting the system save, and replacing it with the old on?

What about copying it from 1 user to another?

[quote name='nbballard']so wait- what do i have to do again?

I heard that there was also a glitch related to the Legendary car trophy for Kit.

Just saving my save to a USB drive, deleting the system save, and replacing it with the old on?

What about copying it from 1 user to another?[/quote]
I think I have that glitch, I've gotten at least a 3x Burnout with Kitt several times and still don't have that trophy. Anybody know a way to fix it?
Also, I don't have 10 online timed challenges yet, I might skip out on next weeks bike run if I don't have them by then. I'm free all week basically so if anyone on here from tonight wanna help me get 9 more...Just message me on PSN with some times that are good for you if you can. Thanks ahead of time.

[quote name='nbballard']so wait- what do i have to do again?

What about copying it from 1 user to another?[/quote]
If you are referring to downloading someone else's save, that won't work because Criterion designed the save file to only work with your psn user id. I just put my save on a usb stick, deleted it off my ps3, and then got the trophy with a new game file, deleted that one, and re-uploaded the original save off my usb stick and it was totally fine. But if you haven't gotten any bike challenges than it should totally work without having to do any of that.

[quote name='sotc1988']If you are referring to downloading someone else's save, that won't work because Criterion designed the save file to only work with your psn user id. I just put my save on a usb stick, deleted it off my ps3, and then got the trophy with a new game file, deleted that one, and re-uploaded the original save off my usb stick and it was totally fine. But if you haven't gotten any bike challenges than it should totally work without having to do any of that.[/quote]

I think he was referring to the fact that on the PS3 if you have more than one user account, you can back up the save to a different account and then transfer it back...no need for a USB drive. However, I don't think that will work. I tried doing that in LBP and it will still think youre trying to use someone else's save and thus disqualify you from future trophies.

On another note, thanks to Broly for setting that up. I think the static may ahve been me, I am using the PSEye and I don't think I have the settings correct. I am going to try to meet up with ArJay2k8 during the week to knock out the timed challenges so I can be there for the bikes next week. If anyone else would like to partake just send a PSN message to either of us.

Yea- i'd be more than happy to meet up and do the timed challenges sometime this week, I might have time tonight, and maybe wednesday, but my schedules is full other than that.

bread's done
Back