CAG Burnout Paradise PS3 Night [6/14 @ 3PM - 9PM EDT ]

[quote name='joshr915']not that this is the place for it but just wanted to let whoever know that ive started a share group over in the gameshare thread.[/quote]

The game on PSN is $20, it's $30 if you want the "Ultimate Bundle" :S

So...I can either get this pack or the Killzone 2 maps. Well, I'll get the other at some point, but not for a while. Anyways...if someone is online tonight and you're getting the CnR pack, let me know, because I want to do a test run of this before I buy it (Not to say that I will buy it today). I want to see what happens when a game of CnR is started and someone in the group doesn't have it.

EDIT: When is version 1.80 coming out anyway? My game won't update.

Okay, here's the skinny on the patch.

There were some fixes (the GT Nighthawk Trophy was patched...not 10 online time challenges for some odd reason, and something about losing cars for no reason).

You get a new section: Cop Cars, 35 slots, 2 of which are given to you. Beyond that right now, I don't know if you can play in CnR if you don't have the DLC code. It'd be nice. There's only 1 car specific trophy for the pack, and it's a bronze.

Did some digging and found the experiences with the game mode from folks in earlier regions.

If you are in a game and you do not own the Cops 'n Robbers pack when the host starts the freeburn a pop-up will ask if you want to purchase it. If yes, you disconnect and go to the burnout store, if no, you stay in the game as a bystander (like when you join a room in the middle of a challenge).

As an bystander you can un-officially contribute by wrecking one team or the other. So it seems that conceivably those without the Pack could pick a side and fight for them (use a standard car for robbers or one of the few free police cars for the cops), they just wouldn't know where the gold spawned/capture points are or be able to carry the gold.

edit: A tidbit from that thread is also neither team has access to boost during the game mode, but I would assume bystanders would still be able to boost.

That's...interesting...? At least you aren't kicked if you say no. I guess Sunday will have Cops n' Robbers then.

Servers are down for me and quite a few others by the look of it. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. Seems like the 35 "new" cars are just re-skins.

[quote name='KingBroly']That's...interesting...? At least you aren't kicked if you say no. I guess Sunday will have Cops n' Robbers then.[/quote]

sweet, im still in the process of getting members for a share but if i dont get it in time, ill show up anyway and screw with people. :D

[quote name='KingBroly']That's...interesting...? At least you aren't kicked if you say no. I guess Sunday will have Cops n' Robbers then.[/quote]
Just got into a game of Cops and robbers before I downloaded the pack, I can confirm firsthand that is how it is handled. When a new game of Cops and Robbers is launched it asks if you want to buy the pack, and if you say no, you stay in the game and the message "Cops N' Robbers game in progress..." scrolls across the bottom of the screen. I chose to unofficially support the robbers side and began running into every cop car I saw :lol:.

So this Sunday @ 6pm est, CAG Burnout will take place. Now, since I'm a person who believes that even the headset less can play (although you slow everything down) I will be having a CAG Burnout Text Chat Room going for those who don't have a mic (Although I'll invite everyone).

I PLAN on doing at least 1 5-round match, maybe 1 more. I'll turn Traffic off because traffic sucks when you're racing at 150 mph and some random parked car takes you down :S Also, because I'm a dick, cops will be able to choose their cars, robbers won't. Enjoy your Hunter Calvaries, suckers! :D

Were there new trophies associated with this pack? I looked after I bought it and didn't see any.

Maybe they are saving their trophy credits for Big Surf Island.

I'll be there. Sounds like a decent set of rules to me, although traffic (imo) makes CnR better. When you're the guy with the gold, traffic is a non factor really because your weighed down...but it helps you because everyone else (including the guys trying to take you down) are more likely to crash with traffic.

If I could just get rid of the parked cars only, I'd do it. The thing about people having different cars is that I played a couple of rounds last night with some random people and they had everyone in the same car. I don't think everyone wants to drive in GT Concepts. Although I wish I could use the Manhattan Special in CnR.

I'm on Burnout right now trying to fine tune some stuff. If anyone's reading this, and has CnR, please come on over.

EDIT: I'm getting off now. I'll be back on around 5:30pm, so hopefully someone can help me then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I setup the room. If you're not on my Friends List, remember to send me an invite with a message.

Pretty good night with some cool rounds of CnR, especially when Freaky showed up at the end although he didn't have it. I don't think anyone wants to play me in CnR anymore after today's performance :)

Remember that if you keep the CAG Burnout chat on your XMB (and not go in and delete it) it should stay there, for how long I don't know. Even if you turn off your PS3.

I don't even know how the chat works, and I already accidentely deleted it lol
CnR was fun tonight, I actually didn't suck as bad as the first night I played it lol.

Chat logs stay indefinitely. You'll get logged out of the room for various reasons (turning off your PS3, for sure, but I've been logged out when changing a game), but the log will stay. Though, it's limited as to how much it saves (like 100-200 "posts").

Hopefully we'll get the Big Surf Island add-on sooner rather than later so we can get more CAG Burnout games going on.

2 things about Big Surf Island:

1) Joystiq said they can't post their review until 05/28 (A Thursday). Think that implies anything? The trophies already show up online- maybe it really is only 2 weeks away.

2) I thought i remembered hearing onetime that the price point of a game determined the type/number of trophies it could have. If that's true, can we determine the cost of the add-on based on the trophy list?

I think the 2nd point is BS as Killzone 2's $6 Map Pack had 12 trophies while Cops n' Robbers was $10 and had only 8 trophies.

Well IslandPete mentioned on Twitter "getting excited about next month....." so I don't know if that means it's being released June 4th or if they have more DLC announcements coming.

I plan on joining you guys in around 2 weeks when i get this game, I'll get the Cops n robbers along with the new DLC coming out. I will play with you guys almost every night, but around 1 out of every 4 weeks i won't be able to, since my brother & I share a PS3 and he might be on it. But that's not a for sure, I might be able to play every week.

Currently I'm an active member in the Resistance 2 & Unreal Tournament III clan nights. I also plan on getting warhawk with all the booster packs, so i'll join that clan night also.

I don't know if we're playing today but I finally have a laptop for my own use now and I'm not leaving the house for the rest of the day. I'm about to install my IM client and then I guess I might as well play some Burnout until it's time.

Blader - I didn't think it was worth it. I played it twice, got the trophies the first night, and haven't played it since the second go round. The Island will be out by the end of June, more then likely sooner, save your ten bucks towards the cost of that.

As far as tonight, unless Broly hosts there won't be a game. The left side of my mouth is still sore from Friday when I had two teeth removed. Plus, with my Celtics playing and the WWE PPV on tonight, I won't be anywhere near my PS3.

bah.. got delayed.. helping family members with math. be on in a 10-12 minutes

doing math problems is the easy part. I have to figure out what the problems are from words alone. this is going to take a while.

[quote name='AllahBomber']@blader: i like it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ArJay2k8']Blader - I didn't think it was worth it. I played it twice, got the trophies the first night, and haven't played it since the second go round. The Island will be out by the end of June, more then likely sooner, save your ten bucks towards the cost of that.

As far as tonight, unless Broly hosts there won't be a game. The left side of my mouth is still sore from Friday when I had two teeth removed. Plus, with my Celtics playing and the WWE PPV on tonight, I won't be anywhere near my PS3.[/QUOTE]K, thanks for the feedback. I've decided to pass on this round of DLC and save my $10 for the new Island DLC. And also, on Sunday I placed my order for Burnout Paradise & Warhawk from Newegg 3-7 day shipping.

Is it always on a Wednesday? And why are we skipping a week? And damn, you guys like it early for the PST people.

Naw, that still says 5/3 not 6/3. That's the last time we've actually had a night. It's always on a Sunday, time is negotiable to an extent. I might be able to host this week if Broly can't. Anyone that's interested post in here letting me know asap so I can try and figure out a time that's best for everyone.

[quote name='ArJay2k8']Naw, that still says 5/3 not 6/3. That's the last time we've actually had a night. It's always on a Sunday, time is negotiable to an extent. I might be able to host this week if Broly can't. Anyone that's interested post in here letting me know asap so I can try and figure out a time that's best for everyone.[/QUOTE]O, my bad. I thought it was 6/3. I should get my copy of it before the clan night, so count me in. And also, the time is fine if it's on a Sunday.

well i tried last week finally made it and noone was around, I plan on trying again this week so put me down for 6 or later.

Alright guys, I don't have anything else going on this Sunday so I'll host. Hoping to get alot of freeburn and possibly some timed challenges done. Headset preferred but not necessary. If you want in and aren't already on my friend list just send me a request with CAG in the message.

I won't be hosting Cops and Robbers no. Just freeburn/timed challenges. If Broly want's to host his own game and have Cops and Robbers that's up to him.

Maybe after. But...I still get the feeling that people don't want to play Cops n' Robbers with me after the massive amount of skillz I displayed the last time I hosted :cool:

Anyways, unless I'm exhausted on Sunday I'll be there to join your game.

[quote name='KingBroly']Maybe after. But...I still get the feeling that people don't want to play Cops n' Robbers with me after the massive amount of skillz I displayed the last time I hosted.[/QUOTE]

If you say so :roll:

:p

bread's done
Back