CAG BUZZ: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Wii) Giveaway! Multiple Winners! [LAST WEEK!]

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The CAG BUZZ contest is exclusively offered to the CAG community brought to you by CheapyD, GameQuest Direct, and respected publishers!

How it works:
  1. An upcoming new release title will be featured as a CAG BUZZ topic.
  2. CAGS can view screenshots, special features, and possibly industry rumors!
  3. Three to five questions will be open for comments.
  4. Answer the questions with your gaming insights and be entered to win the game!
  5. One CAG will be selected every week for up to 16 weeks!
Visit this page often to see all current CAG BUZZ contests going on now and to check out past winners!

Contest Rules: User must answer the questions to be entered for the contest. How the questions are answered does not reflect chances of winning. Follow up comments are encouraged to open additional discussions within the community, but will not increase chances of winning. Keep the buzz going so that more users can have the opportunity to participate and win!

Winner Notification: One user will be selected and contacted through private messaging from GameQuest. User will need to reply to GameQuest with full name, shipping address, and contact number within 2 business days or another winner will be drawn.

Win more Games: Take a quick survey from GameQuest Direct and enter to win free video games!

Guilty Gear Accent Core (Wii) Giveaway!

Click for larger images

Heaven or Hell! Let’s Rock! The newest incarnation of the popular fighting game franchise, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core returns with its trademark high-resolution graphics along with an entirely retuned fighting system, new stages, new characters, graphics, voices, and the ability to create matches between old and new characters in the Generations Mode. Publisher Aksys Games has now made this title available for the Wii allowing gamers to test their fighting prowess by mastering the new Wii Remote control scheme, letting you pull off special moves with gestures!

Key Features:
  • Over 20 favorite fighters including 2 new characters never seen outside of Japan: A.B.A and Order-Sol!
  • Refined fighting game system with 3 new features: Accent Core’s Force Break, Throw Escape, and Slash Back giving all fighters’ new defensive and offensive capabilities.
  • 5 different gaming modes: Arcade, Medal of Millionaire, Versus, Survival and Training
Visit GameQuest Direct at E for All Expo by visiting booth #2338!
GameQuest Direct is also offering free shipping for preorders

Answer these questions for a chance at winning Guilty Gear Accent Core (Wii)!
Mutiple Winners!
  1. Guilty Gear has been a long running franchise for the past (10+) years, would you purchase the game due to playing past iterations or as a 2-D fighting game fan in general?
  2. Do you feel this sort of fighting game is pretty easy to get into or is its style and gameplay too obscure?
  3. If you were to compare Guilty Gear XX Accent Core with Street Fighter, or other 2-D fighters out there, how would you rank it? Feel free to post pros and cons of the game as well.
Other CAG Buzz titles:
Victorious Boxers Revolution (Wii)

Previous Winners:
Medium_Pimpin (Victorious Boxers)
Ikohn4ever (Victorious Boxers)
kinnysama (Victorious Boxers)
MrNEWZ (Guilty Gear Accent Core)
phear3d (Guilty Gear Accent Core)

1. No...I think I'm done with Guilty Gear...
2. It's easy to get into, it's just that all the good players are insane at it.
3. I'd say it ranks higher since the characters are pretty unique. (I'm in love with Bridget...TRAP!!!) The graphics have a nice style to them too.

1. I'm a 2D fighting fan and I enjoyed the other Guilty Gear games I have played, I think I would buy it based on the past Guilty Gear games.

2. I think its harder to get into because it is rather unique in its presentation and style as opposed to more popular Street Fighter, Capcom vs series, etc.

3. It easily ranks in the top, because it is so unique and because the gameplay is actually very good,

1. I love the 2D fighting games and have been a big fan of Guilty Gear specifically. My purchase of the game would be due more to the franchise though instead of the genre.

2. 2D fighters are very easy to pick up but can be very difficult to master. Guilty Gear has always had a rather unique following. How this would be on the Wii is still up in the air.

3. I have always been more of a Street Fighter fan personally but Guilty Gear is quite enjoyable. From what I've seen of Accent Core, I would say it will fit in very nicely with the other 2D games in collection.

1. I would purchase it as a 2D fighting fan in general.
2. The gameplay is obscure, but Guilty Gear allows for newbies to have fun while button-mashing.
3. I would probably rank Guilty Gear below the Street Fighter series but well above Marvel vs. Capcom. Then again, I don't understand much of the game's nuance, so that could change with enough play. One of the biggest pros is definitely the amount of characters.

1. If I were to purchase this game, it would be because I am a 2-D fighting game fan. Although I have played and enjoyed previous GG titles, it is not at the top of my favorite fighters.

2. I think for people who experienced the SFII phenomenon, it would be very easy for them to get into this game. Most 2d fighters use similar "hadoken", HCF/HCB, DP, or charge movements so many fighting game veterans will be able to find what character fits their style. For new games however, I can see them viewing 2d as a dated subpar genre.

3. Sadly, although GG is an excellent 2d fighter, the SF series and many of the SNK series rank above this game. Those other series were games I grew up with and invested quite a bit of myself into. Still, GG is a very refined 2d fighter and worth any gamers attention.

1. Though I've played the a lot of the ps2 guilty gear titles, imo this one probably more rent than purchase.

2. For me it was an easy pick up and play title. I've never been good at playing 2-D fighters but even with that I've been able to beat my friends a couple times with the one hit KO special :lol:

3. I think it ranks mid-range in the genre as it certainly doesn't compare to the elite 2-D fighters, but the obscure names and personalities of the characters in the series definately makes the game worth checking out.

1: I've only played 1 GG title before for a short while, but it was fun, so i'd possibly buy this one.

2: It was easy to get into, but there's incredibly complicated stuff in there.

3: I'd probably say I liked GG more than the old school SF games, but stuff like Third Strike I liked better.

1. I would purchase it if it weren't for the high entry fee. The control has me iffy and the Wii wouldn't be my first choice on where to purchase a fighter.

2. I think it has the basics as any other fighter plus the depth for those who choose to get into it.

3. I would rank it in a mid-high to high range. Creative characters and probably the pioneer of great looking 2D sprites/animation in a fighter.

1: Yes, but probably not at full price.

2:Much easier than 3d fighters to get into, unless you're really young I don't see how this can be obscure.

3:Guilty Gear would be ranked around the middle, Street Fighter basically created and cemented this genre as mainstream. I'm curious to see hoe the Wii controls are fit to this, I hope they have option for classic contls though.

1. I've played a few Guilty Gear titles, and I've been pleased with each one. Well, I'm a big 2-D fighting game fan anyway so this is one of those titles that I'm sure I'll pick up regardless.
  2. These types of games are really easy for me to get into, I mean I don't have to worry about some strange button theme, such as a "block" button.
  3. Guilty Gear would be right behind Street Fighter in my books, my ultimate favorite was the Marvel/Capcom series of 2-D fighters. Guilty Gear has always had the most interesting of characters to say the least and for that alone I've always enjoyed this series.

1. I would consider purchasing it as a fan of 2-D games in general.
  2. I think the game is pretty dificult to get into, as far as fighters go, but it could be thats its just a different paradigm that I'm not used to.
  3. Its very different from the Street Fighter series. I think the basic level is too complicated. Too many gauges for example. You can have a competitive grade fighting game with lots of depth without bogging down the base system. 3rd strike, for example. I certainly like the music, the designs, and the animations though.

[quote name='kinnysama']1. No...I think I'm done with Guilty Gear...
2. It's easy to get into, it's just that all the good players are insane at it.
3. I'd say it ranks higher since the characters are pretty unique. (I'm in love with Bridget...TRAP!!!) The graphics have a nice style to them too.[/QUOTE]

2) #2 is definitely my issue. I'm fine at 2D fighters, but the craze in the 90s totally destroys the desire for a new or weak player to get into it, especially the online factors. I think the "online versus" in Streets of Rage 2 is a good example. Even if you were BAD and beat someone even WORSE, people whined and call you a cheater ("Dude, I usually suck as bad as you do... I'm surprised I'm winning...")

To answer the questions completely out of order, the Guilty Gear series is an interesting enough twist on the 2D fighters that it stands out, but i don't think it really jumps out for many American fans. Based on my experiences, it'll be a fun title that I'll watch for, but there really hasn't been any real advertising to grab regular gamers. (#1)

In the same regard, #3 is unfair. Street Fighter was not just a game, it was a phenomenon. You can't compare the two. No game in the Guilty Gear series has ever reached the level of acceptance or interest that a SF or MK game has in the states. Those games have the stronger franchise pedigree. From a gameplay standpoint, the differences are not as strong and I think GG is fun and unique enough that it can stand out with all the 2D fighters still being made. I think it's up there, but doesn't have the clout a SF/MK would.

1) I wil buy this game because I always love a 2d fighter. This is also my favorite kind of fighter. There are some cool moves that can be done.
2) This is one of those games that goes by the old phrase "Easy to get into, difficult to master".
3) I would say that Guilty Gear is one of the best fighting series of all time with it's unique art style and characters

1. I'd buy it, both because I have played and enjoyed past versions of the series, and as a fan of 2D fighting games. There aren't too many around still, and it saddens me that the GG game to follow this one will be 3D.

2. Depends on where you're coming from. For someone who's played a lot of the genre before, sure. I've tried to get some of my friends who've played mostly newer fighters (soul calibur, tekken, etc) and it took them a little while to get it down.

3. For me, GG is up there with the best; I think I enjoy the pacing and style of things especially. Its just too bad that the series never quite gained a lot of "mainstream" popularity.

1. I would buy this because I am a fan of 2D fighting games.

2. I think that this is a nice game to get into, just like any other 2d fighting game. It has its own set of combos and what not, I wouldn't mind learning them.

3. I'm not too big of a fan of this franchise, I like Street Fighter better than this. I'd rank Guilty Gear under Street Fighter, Melty Blood; but above SNK games.

1. I'm a huge Guilty Gear fan and I've picked up every version/sequel of the game for at least one console:
PS1 - Guilty Gear
PS2 - Guilty Gear X
PS2 - Guilty Gear X+ DX Pack (JP)
PS2 - Guilty Gear X2
PS2 - Guilty Gear Isuka
PS2 - Guilty Gear Slash (JP)
XBOX - Guilty Gear XX# Reload
GBA - Guilty Gear Advance
DS - Guilty Gear Dust Strikers
PSP - Guilty Gear XX# Reload (JP)
PSP - Guilty Gear Judgement
Wonderswan - Guilty Gear Petit (JP)
Wonderswan - Guilty Gear Petit 2 (JP)

I really want to play Guilty Gear on Wii, but as I live in Japan and own an American Wii, I haven't had a chance. :(

2. I think the game is really easy for people to get into since there are several "standard" characters who fight like SF/KOF characters, and also some crazy original characters that are fun for casual players.

3. I prefer Guilty Gear over Street Fighter because its the series that got me into fighting games! I tried to get into SF2 in arcades back in the day, but every time I'd start playing, some punk kid would pop a quarter in slot 2 and whoop me. It certainly wasn't fun paying money to try to play a game and be kicked off the machine in less than 2 minutes. The first time I played Guilty Gear I was able to pull off some super moves and actually won my first match! I became a big fan of the series and it inspired me to get into other 2D fighters like SFA and KOF.

1. No it needs to stand out on its own not just as part of the series.

2. you can always get into a good fighting game.

3.It would be about in the middel.

1. Yes, but even @ $40 it seems too high...

2. It's more for "hardcore" gamers...

3. I'd rank it middle of the pack, with Capcom fighters coming in first, then Sammy fighters like GG and Fist of the Northstar, then SNK (sorry SNK fans!)

1. To be honest, I've never actually had a chance to play a Guilty Gear game before. I've enjoyed a lot of other 2-d fighters, and since I really want a good one for my Nintendo, this seems to be the obvious choice.

2. I think any 2-d fighters nowadays are hard to get into. Many people have moved on to simplified fighters that look pretty. The complexity of 2-d fighters seem to keep a lot of people away from them.

3. From what I've read, it's a great 2-d fighter. Problem is, I can't compare what I don't know.

1.I'm not sure. The last Guilty Gear title I purchased was X2, I'm not informed on the series well enough to know how many revisions they've had since. I am interested in this version of Guilty Gear since it's on the wii and I'm curious as to how it controls.

2. I think it's easy to get into (as in learning the basics). I think the problem is that a newcomer would probably only be able to play against someone who is familiar with the series, and thus will have a hard time catching up to their level.

3. I've been a Street Fighter fan since Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight. :) I much prefer the zoning/spacing and other gameplay mechanics of Street Fighter, but they both play differently and are solid titles. When I'm not in the mood for one, the other can take it's place.

1. While I definitely had fun with the first Guilty Gear game I played on ps2, I tend to be wary of sequels which don't look too different from the original. Street Fighter fatigue I guess.

2. Guilty Gear does have some more complicated nuiances, so it's definitely better to get into it at the same time as someone you're playing against multiplayer. If you thought Street Fighter was too complicated prepare to have your butt handed to you.

3. I would certainly consider the franchise to be up there with Street Fighters of late. It certainly has more staying power than the old Neo Geo fighters like Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting with the exception of the excellent Samurai Showdown. The real question is whether the Wii control scheme really adds something to the experience.

[quote name='CheapyD']http://www.gamequestdirect.com/893610001068.html

Answer these questions for a chance at winning Guilty Gear Accent Core (Wii)!
Mutiple Winners!
  1. Guilty Gear has been a long running franchise for the past (10+) years, would you purchase the game due to playing past iterations or as a 2-D fighting game fan in general?
  2. Do you feel this sort of fighting game is pretty easy to get into or is its style and gameplay too obscure?
  3. If you were to compare Guilty Gear XX Accent Core with Street Fighter, or other 2-D fighters out there, how would you rank it? Feel free to post pros and cons of the game as well.
[/quote]
1. Due to playing past iterations.
2. I think it's too obscure, but in the case of the Guilty Gear series it's worth it.
3. I'd rank it #1, mostly due to it's frenetic pace and quirky style. It's really the only game of this genre that appeals to me.

1) I would keep coming back because I love the game, I think they do a good job adding components to keep the game interesting in every installment.

2) It takes a while to get into and if you want to do any of the really cool moves, you gotta put some practice, but still very accessible

3) I think in Guilty Gear games, there are alot more different ways to go about fighting, while in street fighter the name of the game is deplete the opponents life bar. Animation wise both are on the same level but Guilty gear definitely gets points for having some characters that are pretty out there

1. I am a huge GG fan and 2d fighter fan in general so I will almost certainly buy this.
  2. I find it pretty easy to get into but I have played many similar games.
  3. I would rank it fairly high but I prefer SF and the VS series.

1. I am a big fighting game fan and a fan of the GG series. Although this game is only a small update from past GG games I would still purchase it.

2. I think it is pretty easy to learn the basics and play with people on your skill elvel. If you wish to learn the finer points of the game it will take some time.

3. Growing up playing Street Fighter will make me rank it higher as I am bias towards it. GG is a great game on it's own though and plays a lot different than SF.

1. I'm a big fan of 2d fighters as well as a player of the older games. There's no reason not to get this game for me!
2. It is somewhat obscure I guess. A lot of people will pass on a game because of it's graphics nowadays. I wish there were more games like this out there.
3. I love the fast paced nature of it. It ranks up there with Street Fighter and King of Fighters for me. I definitely feel it is one of the best series available out there right now. The music is brilliant. No other fighter game has as great of a soundtrack as Guilty Gear, that's for sure.

1. I'd buy it from playing past iterations. I really got into the PSP version.
2. Not really, the visual gags are pretty out there, and it takes a lot for people to get into 2D games now.
3. I'll go Street Fighter, Marvel/Capcom, GG, SNK

1. If I were to purchase it it would be because of playing 2D fighting games, but if I played past iterations of it it would be a buy once it dropped in price if I liked preveious iterations.
2. I think most fighting games are easy to get into, but the combos and stuff need practice. GG doesn't look any different.
3. I would rank it above most (but below Smash Bros.:D) because it looks less like a cookie-cutter fighter and looks like it changes up the recipie a bit.

1. I've only played Guilty Gear once in the past, and I like it because it vaguely reminded me of Street Fighter 3. So, I guess it's a combination of both.

2. I despise anime, or, rather, most anime. From what I remember, the actual fighting mechanic was fun, and I'm willing to look past its style if its fun enough.

3. It was fun, but Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom are still at the top.

1. Yes, Guilty Gear is a decent game and its not because there are 3-D figthing games that I am going to stop playing 2-D ones.

2. Well the games is not really hard to get into. Grab the controller and smash like a crazy if you want! :p

3. I think that Guilty Gear is worth our times like any other fighting games like Street Fighter

1. I've only played the DS version and that wasn't good. I've heard the Wii version is better so I might give it a try.

2. This kind of fighting game is hard to get into because it requires alot of pratice to be good at it.

3. I like the Street Fighter games better, I've only played one Guilty Gear game before so I really can't give a fair comparison

1. I would purchase Guilty Gear XX Accent Core as a 2-D fighting game fan in general. Since, I like fighting games and age doesn't necessary mean a game is good. It could just be lucky like Taco Bell restaurants from the movie Demolition Man.

2. I fell that the Guilty Gear games are pretty easy to get into. Sure, there is a little learning curve at first, but after a couple of matches, you get the gist of things. I don't think the style or gameplay is too obscure, but it can be overlooked by other fighters like Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, Marvel vs Capcpm, etc...

3. I would rank it pretty high. The characters are pretty unique and if you are a fan of anime, the character models should interest you. The only thing that I don't like about the Guilty Gear games would be the on hit kills. Sure, they are a fun way to piss a friend off, but that's not where all the fun lies.

1. I love fighting games it doesn't matter what the franchise is!

2. I think its pretty easy like most fighting games.

3. I dont think Guilty Gear is above Street Fighter at all but I think thats just because Street Fighter is better known. I would say Guilty Gear is 2nd only to Street Fighter.

1. Nope. Never played a GG game

2. Nope. Fighting games are never easy to get into.

3. I'd rate this a bit below Street Fighter.

1. I'm a fan of the Guilty Gear series so I would pick it up on that basis.
2. All fighting games are easy to get down.
3. I'll throw a few fighters above this game. Nothing ranks higher than SF.

1. I am a general 2D fighting fan.
  2. I haven't played this series, but have always wanted to. But I think 2D fighters are pretty easy to get into.
  3. As I said, I haven't played GG. But Street Fighter II Turbo is my favorite fighter. If this is even close to comparable, it will be a fantastic game.

1) For fighting games, 2D is the way to go. I grew up with 2D fighting games like Street Fighter and I want to stick it with it. I will definitely purchase it. I'm a fan of 2D gaming.

2) It should be easy. If anyone played old school 2D fighting games, it should be definitely easy.

3) Personally, I think Street Fighter is a higher ranking game than Guilty Gear. It's because Street Fighter is very well-known series. But Guilty Gear is an awesome series also. It needs to make more of this series and bring them out in public. So it shows some Guilty Gear love.

1. I have never played any GG game before so that doesn't effect me.

2. Fighting games are fairly easy to pick up and play but are really hard to get good at.

3. I never really play on 2-D fighters so I can't really say.

1. I was very impress with GGX2 on PS2 and Xbox that I want to try the latest update.
2. No, the gameplay is fun for beginner if they played fighting gmaes before
3. If I give the original SF a 10, GG XX AC would at least get a 9

1. Absolutely, but it's coming out at a really bad time as there are many other games I'd rather buy and play.
  2. I'd say it's relatively easy, the style is pretty popular among people who don't even play it.
  3. Well considering I'm a pretty big fan of Guilty Gear, I'd rank it above Street Fighter and it's a bit more fresh in terms of characters and fighting style compared to the SF series.

1. I haven't been playing Guilty Gear before, so I guess I'm a 2D Fighting Fan
  2. 2D Fightning games are the most easy to get into and that's why there're so fun.
  3. As stated before, I haven't play Guilt Gear before so I can't judge it, but Street Fighting seems to have better credibility

1. Been playing GG for a while now. Imported X on the Dreamcast, then later picked up Isuka and #Reload on other consoles. I'd consider purchasing the PS2 version, but I haven't been informed of just how well it plays on the Wii yet.
2. I think it's a classic example of 'easy to learn, difficult to master'. Certainly some people would be turned off by the often times goofy character designs, but personally I think it's charming.
3. Guilty Gear has always felt like the successor to Street Fighter to me. A lot faster paced and on par as far as technicality is concerned, I'd have to say I rank the best of both series (3rd Strike vs. Slash - although I'm hoping AC is even better) as equals.

1. When I bought the first GG on dreamcast, I was instantly hooked. It was like rain after the street fighter drought. Although I am not as excited as the first game, but I am still going to buy it.

2. Fighting games these days are getting too complicated and that really turn me off. Fortunately GG series has always been pretty easy to pick up and play. In the past games, there were moves that were a little too hard to pull off, but i guess that adds to replay value somehow. For now, I'll stick with characters that are easier to play and have fun with it.

3. What makes Street fighter so fun and left you a lot to desire is it's uniqueness of each character. When you play any one of them, you dont really feel disadvantaged whe you lose, but instead it made you think that there must be a better way to fully utilize this character and that thought keep me playing over and over again. At first, I thought GG is just a game with pretty graphic, but I think the series has its own charm and each game is getting better and better. I can't wait to play this latest title! :)

1) I would buy this for sure based on its past history! i enjoyed the others in the serious, im sure this one wont dissapoint. (although the control scheme scares me)

2) It is easy to get into but hard to master!! easy to jump in and start playing, but hard to beat the hardcore gamers, they are too dedicated.

3) well, i enjoy anime... and i dislike the SF crew, honestly. So i'd rather go with a GG game over a SF game, anyday of the week.

1) yes! i was introduced to guilty gear on the dreamcast. it was a great alternative for me since im a big street fighter fan.

2) the game is very easy to get into. if you're a street fighter fanatic, you could figure out the combos very easily. making it fun a enjoyable.

3) compared to street fighter, i think this is definitely the one that could easily be the contender if its done well. i look forward to other guilty gear games. but i dont wanna look forward to it if its every year.

[quote name='CheapyD']
[/quote]
1. Yes I would. I played Guilty Gear Isuka for PS2 and Dust Strikers for the DS and I enjoyed both throughly.

2. Yes it is very easy to get into for someone that hasn't played it before. If you're an experienced gamer it might seem a little easier.

3. I rank it in the top 5.

1. Both. I became a 2D Fan back when i got Street Fighter II on the SNES. I instantly became hooked and im a fan of the 2D fighting genre ever since. Im also a Guilty Gear fan ever since i played a friends copy of the dreamcast version.
  2. I think anyone with 2D fighting experience can get into it, but if not its very hard. It has a very perculiar art style, which may put a casual player off but if they could just give it a chance they would be hooked. Its that good
  3. Graphically i think Guilty Gear is by far the best looking game of the genre. Arc Systems/Sammy definetly know their stuff when it comes to 2D sprites. In terms of gameplay, Street Fighter pretty much made the genre into what it is now, so id say SF gets the nod its alot simpler than Guilty Gear which is a bit confusing with the combos, air combos, cancels and the specials that end the game instantly. It could use a simplificaiton to refine the basics.

bread's done
Back