CAG BUZZ: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Wii) Giveaway! Multiple Winners! [LAST WEEK!]

1. Never played the franchise before would possibly purchase to play with my nephew who is a fan of this type of game.
  2. Fun to play with others, alone to boring.
  3. Never played hard to compare as I have no experience with it.

1. Guilty Gear has been a long running franchise for the past (10+) years, would you purchase the game due to playing past iterations or as a 2-D fighting game fan in general?

I'd buy it due to past releases. As a 2-D fighting game I remember looking at the very first one on PS2 and not seeming too interested in buying it. I'm glad my friend introduced it to me now because I love Guilty Gear!

2. Do you feel this sort of fighting game is pretty easy to get into or is its style and gameplay too obscure?

The game is so different than other fighting games. When I first got introduced, I had a friend show it to me. Honestly, this is a game that I feel you have to have someone introduce to you because it looks too complicated from the descriptions. Once I started playing though I got hooked. The game is very different and unique than ANY other fighting game out there. All the characters are different in every way, shape, and form. I love that about Guilty Gear!

3. If you were to compare Guilty Gear XX Accent Core with Street Fighter, or other 2-D fighters out there, how would you rank it? Feel free to post pros and cons of the game as well.

I think Guilty Gear could be greater than Street Fighter, but the problem is if you look at about 10 "Fighting Game Players", I'd say about 4 out of the 10 would know how to play Guilty Gear. If I take the same 10; I bet 10 out of the 10 would know how to play Street Fighter. If Guilty Gear could do something crazy like adding in another 10 charaters in the next sequel, or work on a cross-fighting game, like doing a Guilty Gear vs SNK or something I think that'd boost the franchise better.

PROS...
*Unique fighting system
*Characters are all very different in fighting styles, stances, and personalities
*Fantastic and enjoyable single player mode

CONS...
*Very complicated fighting system, when I first played I had no idea what I was doing. I'm still a little confused here and there, still even after 4 years of gaming with the Guilty Gear franchise

Question 1: If i were to buy this game it would probably be because it is a 2-D fighting game, i just really like 2-D fighters like street fighter (which is my favorite).

Question 2: I would say it is harder to get into because people are so used to the more popular 2-D fighters like street fighter and mvc2 or something and this game has a unique fighting style and the presentation is unique as well

Question 3: I am a fan of street fighter 3rd strike and play it a lot so i would rank street fighter higher than this game only because i am biast and i like street fighter a lot. But i would rank this game higher than mvc2 because of how each character can be used in a different way and not just cheap ass infinites like mvc2.

1. Probably not, for a new 2-D fighting games I would perfer a new Marvel vs Capcom
  2. I like 2-D most of them are easy to pick up I think this would be the same
  3. never played any of them before but based on the screens it looks like it could be in the top 5 or 10 for a 2-D fighter

1. Guilty Gear has been a long running franchise for the past (10+) years, would you purchase the game due to playing past iterations or as a 2-D fighting game fan in general?
  2. Do you feel this sort of fighting game is pretty easy to get into or is its style and gameplay too obscure?
  3. If you were to compare Guilty Gear XX Accent Core with Street Fighter, or other 2-D fighters out there, how would you rank it? Feel free to post pros and cons of the game as well.
1. Well, I definetly have enjoyed previous fighting games, ranging from Street Fighter 1 to Hakuto no Ken. As far as GGXX:AC goes, I'd be more than willing to pick it up once it's at the right price point. I'm a hardcore kind of guy, if I have this title I would need to score the really sweet Hori arcade stick for Wii. I don't know if full price is the way to go with this title, it certainly has it's merits. I had GGX1, however my second PS2 died and I am badly in need of some old school fighting gaming.

2. A little bit from column A, and a little bit from column B. Guilty Gear has never been a series where you can get away with button mashing. You'll get punished severally but the computer or anyone that knows how to play the game. However, I don't think it's so obscure/hard that you couldn't pick it up in time. Like riding a bike for the first time, you have to expect to fall down a lot before you can ride it at all. Even then if you can ride it, it takes time to really ride it well. The same goes for Guilty Gear, and it's the kind of game where you get whatever you want out of it.

3. In my humble opinion, Guilty Gear is pretty darn high up on the fighting game tier. It's under Marvel vs Capcom 2, simply because that game is full of some much Marvel and fighting game fanwank. However, I think it's superior to the Street Fighter 3 set of games and Hakuto no Ken. The reason why I feel this way, is because it has more flair and appeal than Street Fighter 3. Hakuto no Ken on the other hand is simply really really hard to get into. Guilty Gear is a nice middle ground, and is a good choice as a fighting game intro...assuming all the crossdressers or femme males don't scare you off. Also, it's okay everyone is gay for Bridget.

bread's done
Back