CAG Buzz - The World Ends With You (DS) Giveaway! Multiple Winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I was immediately interested because it seemed so different, even the title alone is intriguing.
2. While I don't particularly care about the fashions, I like games that are set in a more modern setting, but with some kind of twist.
3. It looks pretty unique, I'm interested in how it actually plays.

1.) This game really catches my interest in regards to its art design, but the game play has me concerned as to how well I will actually be able to fully take advantage of the two chacter control.
2.) While I'm not extremely interested in Japan's modern culture, the quality of the localization would greatly effect my purchasing decision.
3.) Seems relatively different than other RPGs (especially on the DS) but the touch screen controls don't really wow me anymore (it usually reduces the enjoyment of the game unless it is done really really well and is practical).

1. The style looks very similar to Kingdom Hearts. (which is good)

2. Some aspects of modern Japanese culture intrigue me but that hasn't swayed me either way.

3. Yes, it looks very interesting.

1. What is your first impression of this innovative title regarding gameplay, creativity, and design?
Im very interested. The Modern Art style isnt very comun and the shibuya influenced look and art reminds me alot of a favorite game of mine JSR
  1. This game's story, character, and design is heavily influenced by Japan's modern culture (food, fashion, music, etc). Would this affect your purchasing decision?
In a positive way yes. Im more interested in games in a modern settign than the stereotypical dragon-age rpg
  1. Would you consider this title as unique and catchy compared to other titles currently offered for DS? If not, what other games would you compare this game with
Yes. The Modern Arty style and setting plus the interesting dual screen combat is different to the typical DS rpg

1. It really stands out as a unique title. I'm glad that they decided to include music like this in a DS game.
2. Not really, it just looks cool, so I'd probably bite on it anyway.
3. This one looks like a distinct winner. I would definitely like to play it and can't think of anything else like it.

1.) I was immediately drawn to this game because of the visual style and I've been dying to get my hands on it to see how it plays. Looks pretty awesome, IMO.

2.) Wouldn't really affect my decisions... I don't play a game because it's Japanese or not, I play it because it looks good and this one looks like something I'd buy.

3.) This looks like nothing else on the DS at all. Graphically and, from what I've seen, gameplay wise it looks like one of a kind. Another reason I want to get my hands on it.

i am very interested in learning about different cultures, so when games come out, such as yakuza, i am eager to pick them up to see how different countries are portraid. i believe this game would not only be fun to play, but fun to learn from.

1. From the info I've seen/read, this game looks very intriguing and innovative. The gameplay looks phenomenal.
2. Because I'm interested in Japanese culture, this game is of even more interest to myself and I would more likely purchase it.
3. This game appears to be quite innovative for a game on the DS. Especially from a graphics and gameplay perspective. There's not much else like it.

What is your first impression of this innovative title regarding gameplay, creativity, and design?

I really enjoy the look of this game. It seems very unique. The touchscreen seems to be utilized well like most DS games nowadays. Most of the gameplay seems to be different from most games out there now which could be either good or bad.

This game's story, character, and design is heavily influenced by Japan's modern culture (food, fashion, music, etc). Would this affect your purchasing decision?

No, not at all.

Would you consider this title as unique and catchy compared to other titles currently offered for DS? If not, what other games would you compare this game with?

This games seems very unique with RPG and rhythm elements. The closest title that I could think of might be Draglade that was release by Atlus.

1) for some reason this reminds me of Namco X Capcom, seeing a new style of play in a US game is always refreshing
2) i actually prefer that the game has a lot of japanese culture in it
3)im hoping it will be catchy, looking at this game just gets me excited, hopefully it can live up to my expectations

1. My first impression was that this title would rock due to the team working on it.
  2. The Japanese culture references would not affect my purchasing decision.
  3. I consider this title way more unique than most current DS titles with the exception of Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan.

1. What is your first impression of this innovative title regarding gameplay, creativity, and design?

I didn't like the art style at first, but after watching some videos it looks pretty interesting. I really like the modern setting and the characters.

2. This game's story, character, and design is heavily influenced by Japan's modern culture (food, fashion, music, etc). Would this affect your purchasing decision?

It doesn't affect me since I've been gaming for a long time, so I'm used to Japan's culture. So it wouldn't affect my purchasing decision.

3. Would you consider this title as unique and catchy compared to other titles currently offered for DS? If not, what other games would you compare this game with?

The art style and setting is kinda unique to me. I don't think I can compare this game to another.

1. I think its a bit more creative from other JRPG's in the fact that it takes place in modern day Tokyo.

2. Well since I'm Japanese, I'm very interested in almost everything Japanese, so its a big plus for me.

3.Yes an no, its setting is one of its high points, something new and unique. But its story, its still stuck in the cliche of JRPG's.

1.It seems to me from the text alittle like SMT Noctunre but with a less mature tones. THe art does look great as I do like the Jet set Radio with Manga style of art. It seem to have a great creative part but the story ... seems little lacking unless there is something I am missing.

2. Really in to the whole Japanese stuff but it could be a good or bad thing depending on the translation of the game. It does affect my purchasing decision, more postive then not.

3.This seems to be a very unique game with more of a mature feel to it. This is comparing it to games that are on the ds. From the impression I got it feels like a SMT game but with a Twist.

1. Very positive! It seems like a great original game and the start of another great franchise for SE.

2. Definitely! I love the look!

3. Very unique and catchy IMO. Not a whole lot to compare it too AFAIK.

When I first heard about this I was wowed at the graphics and with the new take on combat and the pin system.

2. This game's story, character, and design is heavily influenced by Japan's modern culture (food, fashion, music, etc). Would this affect your purchasing decision?
If the game plays well and it doesnt affect my understanding of the story, it doesnt really matter.

3. Would you consider this title as unique and catchy compared to other titles currently offered for DS? If not, what other games would you compare this game with?
Ya this is pretty unique title, I guess you could only compare the story and stuff with other JRPGs.

- It looks rather interesting and innovative. Something I would def. want to try out.

- Well it actually makes me want to play it even more. So I guess it would affect it but not in a negative way.

- I think it is unique. There is no other DS Title that comes to mind that would compare to this.

I think that the game certainly looks interesting. It reminds me quite a bit of Jet Set Radio which is definitely a good thing. The character designs have a bit of Kingdom Hearts in them too which always had relatively attractive designs. When I first heard about this game I was intrigued and then I became more intrigued by it when I saw the first screens.

I think the style of this game has certainly made me want this game much more then the average Square-Enix Final Dragon Hearts release.

I'd say it certainly is unique in that it looks very splashy and attractive. While I don't think this game is the most unique game visually on the DS (Hotel Dusk and Contact still eek it out) I do think that it is one of the more unique experiences on the DS if we're talking in terms of pure visuals.

The first thing that catches my eye is definitely the art style. With its similarity to Jet Set Radio/Grind it continues to stand out, the style is unique and recognizable.

2.This game's story, character, and design is heavily influenced by Japan's modern culture (food, fashion, music, etc). Would this affect your purchasing decision?

This certainly affects my purchasing decision. One thing that worried me was whether or not the translation would over exaggerate the culture. For example, too much slang or making the same modern culture too over the top, causing it to detract from actual gameplay. Fortunately, from what I've heard, this isn't the case.

The art style alone makes this game stand out. Add to that the battle system, pin collecting and other little intricacies (NPC relationships? (See top screen "The usual?" Has the player been there before?) Multiplayer mini-game?), makes it a unqiue game that only seems to be missing the kitchen sink.

one thing people haven't mentioned is the scalability. To use a bad example FFIII I played thru till I got to the end and I'm about 20 levels away from where I need to be so I have to do all this battling against punk enemies to get job levels and then I'll hvae to do it again to gain real levels so I can be set up for the final boss.

In this game you can scale yourself down the the enemy's level so even if you need the exp you get a bonus of more drop rate which is awesome.

1. What is your first impression of this innovative title regarding gameplay, creativity, and design? This is a must-get game for me. The comparisons to Kingdom Hearts alone, make this sought after. I, however, do not purchase games at full price, so I hope the lack of appeal to "typical" ds owners will work in my favor of sales and clearances.
  2. This game's story, character, and design is heavily influenced by Japan's modern culture (food, fashion, music, etc). Would this affect your purchasing decision? Yes. I have always been fascinated by Japan culture. The emo factor seemed to be a turn-off at first, but I think that the growth of the character will help overcome my concern about that issue.
  3. Would you consider this title as unique and catchy compared to other titles currently offered for DS? If not, what other games would you compare this game with? I don't think this compares to anything that is offered on the ds as of now. I don't think "catchy" is the correct term for it, but the game is definitely going to be a stylized niche title.

Kind of like a cross between Jet Grind Radio and Shin Megami Tensei. I'm in. This may be the title to force a purchase of the DS.
I think that the design and makeup of the game are essential to the story overall. If this was not steeped in the context of Japan's current trends I am not sure that the story would work .
The initial disoriented dilemma alone sparks interest. The cell-phone message has Ringu overtones, and the art style hits the subject matter square in the face. Again, this game may push a system purchase.

1. I love the direction the developers took with the art style and overall design. There really isn't too many games of this style, and this game is a must-purchase for me. The gameplay comparisons to games like Kingdom Hearts also make me have to buy it.
2. Yes - in a good way. I love Japanese modern culture, so this only makes me want the game more.
3. I would consider this game unique for the DS. I can think of no other like it.

one of my major concerns has been how the game will handle the 7 day time line? will the entire game fit in 7 days (improbably after the first 4 hours) or will the game do some sort of reset (ala Majorah's Mask). I can safely say that fear has been alleviated. With that out of the way my only gripe remains with my lack of ability to control top and bottom at once, but since the computer does an excellent job controlling the top I don't consider this a con. Between the depth, design, gameplay and story this is shaping up to be the best of the DS RPGs. I just hope it catches on as much as it should. The game is really really addicting. You can spend entire days dialing your level down to match the monsters and just reap the extra loot while growing your badges.

1. It looked like my style - touch-screen combat, viewtiful joe-esque styling, and of course - it's from the same team that did Kingdom Hearts.

2. Yes, the pre-pubescent characters and typical teen-angst plots do not excite me.

3. Yes, The World Ends With You seems to be another worthy entry into an already astounding DS lineup.

Haven't played it so can't tell.
  1. This game's story, character, and design is heavily influenced by Japan's modern culture (food, fashion, music, etc). Would this affect your purchasing decision?
Yes it's something differnt
  1. Would you consider this title as unique and catchy compared to other titles currently offered for DS? If not, what other games would you compare this game with?
Yes it's something differnt

1. It has an interesting and unique presentation.

2. Maybe. Some games (usually by Capcom and Square-Enix) rely too much on Japanese culture that I loose interest.

3. It's a new game by Square-Enix that is not a Dragon Warrior or a Final Fantasy! Yay!

1. Considering it is a DS game, someone somewhere has to make something whacky. Squeenix usually does this. But they also tend to do it pretty well.
2. Reminds me of Jet set radio Future. That will never be a bad thing
3. Not many other DS games are quite like it, that is probably why i would be interested

1. The art design reminds me SO much of Jet Set Radio...it makes me really miss that game.
  2. I love the current trends in Japan, and I think America needs to be exposed to it more.
  3. Well, this is the hard one...Squeenix has been pretty low on my list lately, so it's gonna be a while before I actually make up my mind on it...however, the title is great, and at first I was like..."Hmm...an Atlus game?"

1. The style looks amazing, but concerned that it might impact game play.
  2. As long as the story is understandable to Westerners, it should not be an issue.
  3. The over and under screens seems a bit confusing, but we'll have to see.

1. I thought the art direction looked fantastic and the gameplay looked intriguing
  2. Yes, always into Eastern styled games.
  3. Definitely, and I can not think of anything similar.

At first I will say it didn't even cross my mind about getting it. But a friend show me a video of it and I was hooked, I started reading more about it and I'm so excited to see how the 2 screens were put to use. Also the level of detail was a nice balance of enough stuff but not over whelming. I'm now very excited about this game.

Yes and No. No as in game culture doesn't effect me from buying a game, but Yes as I love the culture that it's displaying and how it's displayed, so it does help me want it more!

I would consider it very unique, I have seen mix of diffrent things from diffrent games but nothing like this. The way it flows and how it uses the 2 screens is very unique and iv never seen it done this way before.

1. When I first saw videos of this game at the Square-Enix store last year, the gameplay confused me. It looked like too many things were going on at the same time.

2. Next to the interesting gameplay design, the artistic direction is the second biggest factor contributing to my purchase of the game. I love Japanese culture, so the more heavily influenced, the better for me.

3. Seeing as how most of the games on the Nintendo DS are trite and uninspired, this game is about as unique as it gets. There's honestly very little to compare this game to as most of the other DS games are simply horrible.

1. A control scheme that uses the DS to a greater potential is exciting.
2. The influence of Japanese culture is a good thing, rather than try to squeeze a unique game into a localized western atmosphere.
3. This is different. I don't know that I can compare to any other game.

1) The first thing that drew my attention to this game was the visual style. I was instantly drawn to the art direction. I love games with this type of art direction and have wanted the game since.
2) It does affect my purchasing decision for this game, it make me want to purchase the game even more. I love Japanese stories, characters, and design in games. I am drawn to games that develop in this direction.
3) I definitely would consider this name unique. I don't know any other games that have a title similar to The World Ends With You. And to be honest, even the title makes me want to play the game.

1. The design looks really unique and stylish. It's very innovative for the genre. Including this kind of culture and modernity in an rpg-type game is pretty new.
2. The colorful and modern design is very appealing, having a game that looks like this is would be really cool.
3. Yes, this title is very colorful and stylish. This is not often the case on the DS.

It looks like it might be a lot to deal with (as far as gameplay goes, but I can tell that it's a unique and innovative title. Looks awesome.

I like Japan, so I guess that's a plus. I hadn't really considered this one of the main reasons to buy it though.

Yes, I don't know of anything like it at all. Unique for sure.

!) I personally thought at first that game seems too busy and eratic to be played by a westerner but alittle time with some videos gets a rythmn to the game and combat slows down a bit. The combat looks like a mix between a typical square RPG and The Bouncer (PS2) and but the style looks like elite beat agents which is a good thing.

@) Japanese culture is so alien to the west that something that acts as a window is very much welcomed. I wouldnt buy it just for the style alone, it needs to have compelling story and gameplay which isnt a question from square enix.

#) It is unique but everything coming out for the DS is unique. There isnt another place (except maybe the PC) where you can find Prof. Layton, Ninja Gaiden and this game. It looks like an amalgamation of many different games (Jet Grind, Elite Beat Agents, anything by Suda 51 and this video by Paul Robertson called Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006) and I dont think that is a bad thing when pulled off correctly.

1. The game looks very busy and it would be unwieldy to control. The art direction is what I would expect from the creator Tetsuya Nomura. It doesn't excite me or reduce any interest I would've had for the game.
2. This would only affect my purchasing decision in a positive way since I'm very interested in RPGs set in real world environments. I think the setting is a fascinating real world place. (especially after seeing Lost in Translation)
3. This game is certainly unique and there would few games to compare it to. Based on screenshots it looks similar to KH Chain of Memories, simply because of how the battles look. (Sprites running around and hitting each other with stuff scattered in the field to collect)

1. My first thought, honestly? Viewtiful Joe. The art style looks similar. Other than that, I think that the two character battles would be interesting. I'd like to check that out.
2. Actually, yeah, I've heard neat things about Shibuya, so I probably would be more drawn to game like this set in Japan than the same game set in Chicago or any other random (or made up) city.
3. I'd say that this will be a pretty unique game for the DS. It's not shovelware, at least.

1. I think this game would be extremely interesting to play, maybe frustrating at times but will ultimately provide an engaging experience.
2. Heck yes, for some reason I'm biased towards Japanese games (and culture).
3. Yes, I'd say that this is one of the more unique titles on the DS, and it seems like most major reviewing magazines are sharing the sentiment.

1. It remind me of the art from Kingdom Heart
  2. Yes I love everything about Japan that why I got P3
  3. What cot my eye is the art it looks cool and control two characters at the same time I wonder how are they going to do that.

1. I think the story and setting of the game is what stands out for me the most. The art style seems ok too but I am mostly interested in seeing what happens in this game story wise.
2. I think this would definitely affect my purchasing decision. I am very interested in Japanese modern culture.
3. The story and setting make this a unique game. There is nothing else like it on the ds right now (that I know of at least).

1. it reminded me of comics and jet grind radio art style
2. yes, im interested to see all that
3. yea, its pretty unique

1. My first impression reminds me of Kingdom Hearts in regards to the characters.

2. Any game with Japanese culture as its basis piques my interest, so yet it would influence me.

3. It is a very unique game in its own right. The art style sets itself apart from other DS games out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back