CAG Defacing/Hacking News & Updates

Wheelchair-bound loser thinks he's awesome. Should check out his Twitter. Dude isn't well.

And LOL @ NeoGAF, what a bunch of libtard nutjob turds linking this thread.
Of course he tagged Keemstar in his tweet bragging about the hack. Twelve year olds have too much power these days.

xl7gs.jpg

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are taking steps to make sure our data is as secure as possible.

1) Your passwords are combined with a random set of characters and then hashed to create a unique fingerprint, and only this is stored in our database. This is impossible to reverse engineer, so if you use your CAG password on other sites, they would not be compromised.

2) While we don't have any evidence that any data has been taken, we can't rule out that it wasn't taken. This means your email address and your username might have been taken.

3) A required password change will be incoming. We need to regenerate new salts (the random strings used to make a hash more unique) and that screws up the stored passwords.

More information soon. Thanks for your patience.

Big thanks to John for getting us back up fast.
Great job getting the site back up and running, you should all treat yourselves to... whatever it is you guys enjoy!

I already changed my password, as soon as I was able to get back on. Figured it was gonna have to happen anyways!

Thanks for all the work.

Now I know I'll get backlash for this, and it's a rare occasion, but I do use the same email for password for a few accounts. Usually anything non sensitive.

A couple hours after this site went down I did get a legit email from Skype saying my password was reset, and honestly I can't tell you the last time I logged into Skype. So I've changed passwords as a result...

I hate losers like this. So you can hack.... Good for you
That's because that's all they can do. Just like the anonymous guys taking on ISIS. I mean really they'd piss their pants if some Arab even came near them in real life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea who any of the people mentioned to be involved are.

Please stop typing an explanation. I don't care who any of them are either.

I never understand why people have attempt to hack sites to "prove" anything. A lot of people like the challenge, I get that but it's not doing any favors. I know a lot of hackers that think if they hack a site the company would offer them a job in cyber security (Which is a lie.)

How about applying your skills and building a strong infrastructure or system to sell and actually make a living on your skills instead of inconveniencing everyone else for the sake of some crummy half thought out idea because you have nothing better to do with your time.

I've heard rumors from trusted sources that this job was arranged through the Amish Black Market. Details remain frustratingly scarce at this point in time.

I tried to visit earlier, got one of those "this site is untrusted" messages from Firefox, figured something might've been going down despite not knowing why anyone would want to hack CAG, then came back later to this. How fun.

I expect to be reimbursed for any and all lost deals during the downtime Cheapy.

But in all seriousness, fuck the guy who did that and good job to both you and big John for being on top of the problem.

I've seen some of the games you guys talk about in the Vita thread ... No molester my ass ... Human pillows ... *shudder*

At the cost of sounding like a madman..

I hope the haxxor is caught & forced to purchase Godzilla (at full retail price) & forced to play it on a VITA via remote play!

At the cost of sounding like a madman..

I hope the haxxor is caught & forced to purchase Godzilla (at full retail price) & forced to play it on a VITA via remote play!
Hey hey hey! Now i'm all for the harsh punishment for all wrongdoers, but isn't this just a little TOO evil??

Hey Cheapy, after 12 years with the site, I have to say you and the crew have always taken good care of us. Sorry this happened and thanks for the up front and fast communication.

Thanks CheapyD!

And thanks that I finally hear about a breach in which the passwords stored are actually PROPERLY SALTED AND HASHED instead of just plaintext or whatever.

I expect to be reimbursed for any and all lost deals during the downtime Cheapy.

But in all seriousness, fuck the guy who did that and good job to both you and big John for being on top of the problem.
You get to choose from Magus, Brink, Ride to Hell: Retribution, and Duke Nukem Forever.

Hmm, looks like it's only the front page that's hacked.  I would have never noticed since I have a bookmark to my subscribed topics.

bread's done
Back