CAG Exclusive code for 10% off Gamepedia at Bruji.com

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Some of you may have heard me talk about Gamepedia on CAG Foreplay, but for those who are unfamiliar with the program, it is a videogame collection database for Macs. I've been using it for some time now, and it's an amazing program with nice aesthetics and a great feature set. I'll try and write up a more in depth review of it shortly, but Bruji (the maker of Gamepedia) was kind enough to give us a coupon code for 10% off your purchase for the entire month of April, so I wanted to get that posted.

The coupon code is: CHEAPASSGAMER

The software itself retails normally for $18 and they have a suite of other programs for organizing your movies, books, and music, so you might want to check those out as well because as you bundle them together you receive further discounts.

You can get a free trial of any of their applications at www.Bruji.com and I highly suggest giving them a try if you own a Mac.

I've included a few screenshots of how it handles my collection below.

Thanks again Bruji for the code!

Some of you may have heard me talk about Gamepedia on CAG Foreplay, but for those who are unfamiliar with the program, it is a videogame collection database for Macs. I've been using it for some time now, and it's an amazing program with nice aesthetics and a great feature set. I'll try and write up a more in depth review of it shortly, but Bruji (the maker of Gamepedia) was kind enough to give us a coupon code for 10% off your purchase for the entire month of April, so I wanted to get that posted.

The coupon code is: CHEAPASSGAMER

The software itself retails normally for $18 and they have a suite of other programs for organizing your movies, books, and music, so you might want to check those out as well because as you bundle them together you receive further discounts.

You can get a free trial of any of their applications at www.Bruji.com and I highly suggest giving them a try if you own a Mac.

I've included a few screenshots of how it handles my collection below.

Thanks again Bruji for the code!

Wow, a new version just came out today that has integrated "Cover Flow". Here's a link to a video Conor from Bruji emailed me showing the integration of Smart Folders and the Pedias with Leopard. Ridiculously amazing ways of browsing your collection to say the least.

http://www.bruji.com/videos/quicklook.html

I've also attached a picture of the new built-in "Cover Flow" from my collection. (Edit, or I will once I can figure out why CAG's not letting me do that.)

Looks cool... and I like that they integrated iSight scanning. I've been using DeliciousMonster though, so I'm hesitant to change camps... Thanks for the link! The demo is worth a look!

I don't think Ship would like mentioning of a non-mac substitute in this thread...But there is one out there that is great that I use.

This one looks awesome as well!

[quote name='Number83']I don't think Ship would like mentioning of a non-mac substitute in this thread...But there is one out there that is great that I use.

This one looks awesome as well![/quote]

Please, do tell. While I am Windows only, that program is actually making me wish I had a Mac.

[quote name='Joda84']Please, do tell. While I am Windows only, that program is actually making me wish I had a Mac.[/quote]

I'm also interested in knowing.

I need to invest in a piece of software like this as well. Right now I track my inventory using IGN's collection feature. (Check my sig if you're unfamiliar.)

[quote name='foltzie']How does this compare to delicious library?[/QUOTE]

In my extensive testing (read: five minutes of playing with the demo) it's an updated version of the same. I think the layout is a little better, but if you've already got the rest of your media scanned into Library, I doubt you'd be willing to break it up into four separate programs. It does import from Library however, and it adds some nice statistics and the ability to export to an iPod or .Mac. No barcode scanning though.

Unfortunately, it still gets the box art from Amazon. My SMS Black Belt is literally a picture of the game on someone's kitchen table.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']
Unfortunately, it still gets the box art from Amazon. My SMS Black Belt is literally a picture of the game on someone's kitchen table.[/quote]

I tried the Collectorz software a couple of years back and had the same annoyance. You can import your own box art to overwrite the Amazon stuff, but for those with HUGE libraries, it's a lot of work up front when initially loading up the DB with your titles.

Why would Ship mind if there's a non-Mac equivalent mentioned? It's not like we're trying to steer people away from the Mac program, I'm simply unable to use it. No Mac.

Does anyone know if this program is capable of tracking the condition of games, and which ones have boxes and manuals, stuff like that?

I'd like a program like this, but mainly so I can easily export html data. Every software I've tried does that quite poorly and seems more focused on displaying cover art rather than easy to read lists.

Thanks for the recommendation ship. And thank you for the coupon also, I am in for 1 of the DVD and Game softwares. I have to look at the other software and see if there is anything else I want.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki'] No barcode scanning though.[/QUOTE]

From the website "If you have an iSight or a scanner you can find your games even faster. Just open a search window and scan the UPC. Cuecats, modified or not, are supported too."

I can't recommend these apps enough. If you have a massive collection, or a small one, then you need Gamepedia. I hope that the implement some sort of list sharing feature that allows you to browse your friends' collections.

[quote name='thesimplicity']Does anyone know if this program is capable of tracking the condition of games, and which ones have boxes and manuals, stuff like that?

I'd like a program like this, but mainly so I can easily export html data. Every software I've tried does that quite poorly and seems more focused on displaying cover art rather than easy to read lists.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can add your own custom fields to a games info. With bookpedia I made a custom field for the number of years ABY(After the battle of Yavin) or BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) a Star Wars novel takes place. Yeah, yeah, I'm pathetic.

[quote name='thesimplicity']Does anyone know if this program is capable of tracking the condition of games, and which ones have boxes and manuals, stuff like that?

I'd like a program like this, but mainly so I can easily export html data. Every software I've tried does that quite poorly and seems more focused on displaying cover art rather than easy to read lists.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can add your own custom fields to a games info. With bookpedia I made a custom field for the number of years ABY(After the battle of Yavin) or BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) a Star Wars novel takes place. Yeah, yeah, I'm pathetic.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Yeah, you can add your own custom fields to a games info. With bookpedia I made a custom field for the number of years ABY(After the battle of Yavin) or BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) a Star Wars novel takes place. Yeah, yeah, I'm pathetic.[/quote]

Nah, I read ABY and knew exactly what you were talking about. You, my friend, are not alone. Darth Caedus must fall!

Is this Really a video game deal or just a program that you use on your Mac to organize? LOL

I personally think it belongs in other deal thread!

[quote name='wildnuts02']i've never used a program like this before. does it download the cover/box art or do you have to manually scan every single game?[/QUOTE]

It downloads the pics from amazon.com, but you can use your own if you'd like.

Thanx Shipwreck but maybe I'll wait till Cag 2.0 since it will have a collection system. I have faith it will be the best option to use.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Yeah, you can add your own custom fields to a games info. With bookpedia I made a custom field for the number of years ABY(After the battle of Yavin) or BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) a Star Wars novel takes place. Yeah, yeah, I'm pathetic.[/quote]Very cool. Thanks. I'm going to pick this up when I get home from work. The only concern I still have is how the HTML export is handled... it'd be nice to have everything use CSS so I can just swap the stylesheet and have it match the rest of my website, but looking through the plugins section it seems pretty customizable.

I'd love to see software like this as a web front end, or at least have the ability to function as a Wordpress/CMS extension (like, if you make a change in the app, instead of requiring you to export HTML, it just syncs to your online database and the page updates instantly).

I jumped on it, as I have been looking for an affordable solution for Mac. I love the iSight barcode scanner -- once you get the hang of it. Thanks!

[quote name='shadylane']i have delicious library. is this worth looking at?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well!

Thanks!

I plan to pick up the complete pedia suite when I get my Mac...Unfortunately, that won't be until next month, after the coupon expires.

Those seeking comparisons between this and Delicious Library: I've done a lot of reading and there seems to be no definitive answer for which one is better. Each has strengths and weaknesses. Supposedly Delicious Library is much faster at barcode scanning using the iSight, but I have no personal evidence that that is true. I suggest just simply trying each of them and seeing which you like before laying your money down.

[quote name='rpepper']So you're using this currently? Thoughts? Opinions? General indifference? Inquiring minds want to know![/QUOTE]

No, I just found it while trying to find an alternative for Windows users...... so far it looks good. And besides, it's free!!!!

[quote name='Tybee']I plan to pick up the complete pedia suite when I get my Mac...Unfortunately, that won't be until next month, after the coupon expires.

Those seeking comparisons between this and Delicious Library: I've done a lot of reading and there seems to be no definitive answer for which one is better. Each has strengths and weaknesses. Supposedly Delicious Library is much faster at barcode scanning using the iSight, but I have no personal evidence that that is true. I suggest just simply trying each of them and seeing which you like before laying your money down.[/QUOTE]

You can buy the licenses now and install the apps later.

I tried both demos before making my decision last year and they seem nearly identical.
One thing I've read is that Delicious Library slows down a bit when you have a ton of stuff in your library. I guess the graphic shelf makes it bog down.

One good thing about the pedias is that it provides statistics culled from your library. Like 4.4% of your books are 1000+ pages long, etc. This is pretty cool stuff.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']You can buy the licenses now and install the apps later.[/quote]

Good point. Duh. I guess I'll do that.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']
I tried both demos before making my decision last year and they seem nearly identical.
One thing I've read is that Delicious Library slows down a bit when you have a ton of stuff in your library. I guess the graphic shelf makes it bog down.
[/QUOTE]

I use Delicious Library for all my collection, as well as my DVDs and books. It's just fun to use.

As stated previously, Delicious Library 2 should be out soon (the developer says that final beta testing is wrapping up) and it is much, much faster than 1 in terms of displaying large libraries. It's also supposed to have excellent HTML export. Wil Shipley, the developer, is an avid gamer and has contributed a lot to the Child's Play charity, so you know that kind of collecting is well-implemented. If you buy the first one today, you get a free upgrade to 2 when it comes out.

There a preview of version 2 at http://www.appleinsider.com/article...us_monsters_delicious_library_2_0.html&page=1

bread's done
Back