CAG Fast Food/Restaurant Foodies Thread

One of the greatest fast food burgers you will find.

carls-jr-hardees-philly-cheesesteak-burgers.jpg

Meant to ask this before. Since it's Januany Month, what Subway subs does everybody get?

I would like to get the Chicken & Bacon, but it's too expensive so I usually get the Oven Roasted Chicken with double shredded cheese, pepper, lettuce, cucumber, mayo, and BBQ.

I usually go for the Subway Club. Turkey, ham, roast beef, honey mustard, regular mustard, salt and pepper, and mayo every now and then. Nice and simple and the "sandwich artists" are sometimes relieved.

I also like the meatball sub, oven roasted chicken, and (when it's available) chicken pizziola. 

Is the pastrami sub any good? 

I usually go for the Subway Club. Turkey, ham, roast beef, honey mustard, regular mustard, salt and pepper, and mayo every now and then. Nice and simple and the "sandwich artists" are sometimes relieved.

I also like the meatball sub, oven roasted chicken, and (when it's available) chicken pizziola.

Is the pastrami sub any good?
Even if it's off the menu, they'll still make it for you if they have the ingredients, or at least they will here. They took the regular pizza sub off the menu near me years ago, and people still order it.

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki on either Honey Oat or Jalapeno cheese bread w/ pepperjack cheese, lettuce, tomato, spinach, green peppers, jalapenos, banana peppers and honey mustard (I'll sub the Chipolte Southwest if I need more spice).

Sometimes I'll get the meatball sub. 

Am I the only person who doesn't eat Subway? After all these other chain sandwich places around me have opened up over the years, I never go to Subway anymore. While Subway might have the best price, their food is pretty much the lowest quality IMO.

Firehouse Subs, Jersey Mike's, Quiznos, Jason's Deli, Jimmy John's, Panera, and Lenny's are all a lot better IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only person who doesn't eat Subway? After all these other chain sandwich places around me have opened up over the years, I never go to Subway anymore. While Subway might have the best price, their food is pretty much the lowest quality IMO.

Firehouse Subs, Jersey Mike's, Quiznos, Jason's Deli, Jimmy John's, Panera, and Lenny's are all a lot better IMO.
Subway did jack up most of the menu pricing though. Besides the "any" months I pretty much skip Subway since the $5 footlong is down to like 2 sandwiches now excluding Veggie Delite.

Your not the only one. Personally, I enjoyed Firehouse subs and Panera.

Quizno's I used to eat at, but I had to substitute pretty much everything but the meat on all their sandwiches and that got tiring. There's only one Jimmy John's near here and I prefer hot subs. Panera only ever had one sandwich I liked (their Chicken/bacon club) which they got rid of. And when I got it, the middle was ice cold even when toasted.

The others are not in this area. Plus, Subways are more plentiful here than McDonalds, Starbucks, or Gamestop.

They only reason I eat Subway is because of cheapness. They're not the best subs but for $5 you can get a healthy fast meal.

The area I work in is on a island and prices for eating out is pretty high. It really sucks for fast food. But a Subway opened up a few months back so I've been going there often. Not really because I love Subway, but there isn't much choice outside Taco Bell, Wendys, McDonalds or a pizza.

Subway did jack up most of the menu pricing though. Besides the "any" months I pretty much skip Subway since the $5 footlong is down to like 2 sandwiches now excluding Veggie Delite.
^^^^^ yep. Subway is close and convenient, not necessarily good. First choice is Jimmy Johns followed by Penn Station and Panera. Unfortunately all the other choices are on the other side of town.

We used to have a Quiznos but the quality started lacking and they eventually closed.

A friend and I shared the grilled stuft nacho from Taco Bell the other day. I don't understand why they bother putting in corn chip strips because it was so soggy. At least it was cheap for something on the go.
I live in a pretty low income town. Whatever Taco Bell has as a $2 deal or $5 box. That's all people buy. It's crazy to me.

New to the thread so bare with me!

The only reason I eat at Subway is because it's cheap, I can have lunch and dinner and quite possibly a snack. I checked the locator and there seems to be a Jimmy Johns some what nearby, it's an hour away but I rarely go out towards Pasadena anymore.

Is Smashburger any good? My cousins, cousin works at the one in Monrovia. She says the food is descent and that the milkshakes are good too. I think the problem with 5 guys is that if you don't like all the toppings it really isn't worth it to go there, at least that's how I explain it to everybody.

In n' Out owns you all!!! As far as a franchise burger goes it really is good.

Too add to the list, Sonics isn't all that great. If my area is anything like the areas around the country where the bombarded television with commercials when there isn't one in your area.... (small rant) Your expectations are really high only to be let down, it's ok but definitely not worth the trip to try and find one.

EDIT: I was at Taco Bell today and they had the Chili Cheese burrito back, they also told me the Enchurito is back on the menu but not listed which was news to me.

Meant to ask this before. Since it's Januany Month, what Subway subs does everybody get?

I would like to get the Chicken & Bacon, but it's too expensive so I usually get the Oven Roasted Chicken with double shredded cheese, pepper, lettuce, cucumber, mayo, and BBQ.
When it's like this month: Buffalo Chicken, Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki, or Subway Club generally on wheat, Italian herbs & cheese, or garlic bread with lettuce, pickles, cucumbers and some type of sauce.

Also, I got to Subway because it's cheap. I rarely buy any sub that isn't $5 and I don't get anything else with it. It ain't great, but it's somewhat healthy for cheap.

I agree with that statement, and will add Potbelly, Which Wich and Momma Goldbergs deli to the mix...

but with Subway, they are everywhere... thats why people go there, if I am at home and hungry, I can drive 25-30 minutes to Jasons, and times varying from 15-30 minutes to most of the others... there are three subways near me, one about a minute drive up the road... its unfortunate but it's true... closest place out of any of them to me might be Lennys and that is 15 minutes away...

Is Smashburger any good? My cousins, cousin works at the one in Monrovia. She says the food is descent and that the milkshakes are good too. I think the problem with 5 guys is that if you don't like all the toppings it really isn't worth it to go there, at least that's how I explain it to everybody.
Smashburger is good. It's pricey but I say give it a go. If there was one close by I would probably go more often. Depending were you live they serve regional burgers. We have a Miami burger down here in SoFlo. It's got chorizo, jalapeno, fried onion on cubano bread. I love spice so it's really tasty. Try their Samsh Fries as well.

c460x279.jpg

Smashburger is good. It's pricey but I say give it a go. If there was one close by I would probably go more often. Depending were you live they serve regional burgers. We have a Miami burger down here in SoFlo. It's got chorizo, jalapeno, fried onion on cubano bread. I love spice so it's really tasty. Try their Samsh Fries as well.

c460x279.jpg
The closest ones are at least an hour away from me, the region burgers sound like a twist. Too bad they don't have a burger of the month that rotates different regions.

Here's the description of the L.A. Burger, the O.C. Burger, and San Diego Burger, all these sound good but all the locations are at least an hour away from me. lol =(

L.A.
Crispy wonton, fried egg, cilantro, cucumber, lettuce, tomato and Japanese steakhouse ginger dressing on a black and white sesame seed bun.

OC
Baby portabella mushrooms, baby arugula, grilled onions, aged Swiss cheese and truffle mayo on an egg bun.

San Diego
Fresh avocado, cilantro, pepper jack, lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream and chipotle mayo on a telera roll served with a wedge of lime.

If any of you foodies ever want to travel to Riverside there's a few interesting places here, this is one of them. The The Salted Pig, might not be everybody's flavor but for those that are more open to trying new things.

See, I am a simple guy. All I want on my burger is bacon, cheese, lettuce, and mayo or BBQ. Don't mind onion straws/petals (no rings). All that other crap is unneeded.

Somebody at work ordered Papa John's, which I haven't eaten in almost a decade because...well...they weren't very good. But the slice I had today was actually pretty good. Not Pizza Hut or Costco, but better than Season's or sBarro.

I love crazy, awesome burgers. There is place down here in Arlington called Chophouse Burgers (it was on an episode of DIners, Dives and Drive-ins) that has some absolutely fantastic burgers. They cook pulled pork and slow-roasted brisket into each patty. It's damn amazing stuff. Their best burger is their ten pepper burger though.

I've not yet tried Smashburger, but burger in Florida that Rodimus posted looks amazing. Twisted Root (another Texas place) is pretty good. 

Nothing beats a good Whataburger breakfast to soak up all the alcohol after the bar. I feel sorry for all you poor bastards who don't know the pure awesome that is Whataburger.

A few years back GQ did an article on the best burgers in America. Just so happens the #1 place was right here in Hollywood, Fl in a place called Le Tub. Oprah later agreed with the article and said it was also her favorite aswell. After hearing that I had to try it out.

If that was the best burger they ever ate, I feel sorry for them. It was nothing spectacular. It was a fine burger. A bit too big for my tastes. The thing was a brontosaurus sized slab of beef. It was juicy but you're never eating the whole burger, just wads of beef. It was like eating a meatloaf between two buns. The place was dumpy looking and water was served out of a scrappy cooler. Still, I couldn't believe this place was picked as #1.

Apparently the service at Le Tub is legendary for being shitty. Since the article they think their shit doesn't stink and are often rude to customers. I didn't experience anything negative on my trip, but Yelp is littered with complaints. Service was a bit slow.

rsx1y8.jpg

After seeing how ground beef is processed, I can never eat a rare burger.  I would rather have one that is near burnt than eat that bloody thing!

After seeing how ground beef is processed, I can never eat a rare burger. I would rather have one that is near burnt than eat that bloody thing!
Not all ground beef is processed or created equal. Many places grind it themselves. Many of the boutique and self owned local burger places will grind themselves. Also, at least here at the local Whole Foods, they grind the beef themselves every morning.

Also, that "processed" ground beef you speak of, is probably the safest it's ever been to eat. The companies are completely anal about it now.

That's not a picture of the one I ate. Mine was cooked through. But when it comes to ground beef it just depends on where it's from, but normally I get it cooked medium, but a little pink doesn't bother me. Now premium cuts like a ribeye needs some  pink in the middle. If you're having it cooked medium or well done your eating it wrong.

After seeing how ground beef is processed, I can never eat a rare burger. I would rather have one that is near burnt than eat that bloody thing!
Yeah. Try touring a slaughterhouse lol. I've seen it all but at the end of the day I still like my steaks and burgers juicy so I don't change my ordering habits. It's like how they make bologna, chicken nuggets, or hotdogs...disgusting process but at the end day it's not going to kill you.

I have no problems with steaks, anything more than mid-rare is too much.  Ground beef I just can't eat unless there is no pink. 

I'm touchy about ground beef but the sickest I've ever been has been from undercooked chicken.

People get all uppity about McNuggets but don't we praise the Native Americans for using all the animal??
McNuggets are awesome. I have gotten the 20pc many times. Though Wendy's is better. Burger King used to have good ones, but no more. KFC's Popcorn Chicken was great until they got replaced with the crappy Bites. At home I prefer Weaver's Chicken Breast Tenders. Crispy, dippable, and bite-size.

I hate sandwiches or burgers that are gigantic. I want to actually be able to eat the damn thing. Not have it all over the place.

I hate McNuggets. They taste more like batter than chicken (now the BK ones are like that; yuck).

I saw a video where they compared the number of ingredients of chicken nuggets with four places:

McDonalds - 40 ingredients

Burger King - 32 ingredients

Wendy's - 30 ingredients

Chick Fill A - 30 ingredients

Just as well as I like Chick Fill A's chicken the best. BTW,  I love going to Chick Fill A if just to be surrounded by the attractive staff that always makes sure I have enough soda, no trash on the table, or makes sure I'm happy with my visit. It's like I visited Castle Anthrax. 

Chick Fil A's nuggets aren't too unhealty when compared to the others. What gets you are the sauces and the sodium.

Its been awhile since I had those, but I remember Chick-fil-A's chicken nuggets being good for a snack. I wouldn't have those as a complete meal though. 

fuck healthy. If it tastes good, that's all I need. You're talking to a guy who is willing to have cheese fries with 5 kinds of cheese for dinner. I also love Friendly's, which is decidedly unhealthy.

People get all uppity about McNuggets but don't we praise the Native Americans for using all the animal??
There's a big difference between using/eating all of the animal in its individual parts and grinding all that shit together and adding a bunch of other shit to make it taste good.

How much do you eat for a meal? A 12 piece and waffle fries fills me up just fine.

For a meal there, Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich and fruit cup is enough. If I were to pick chicken nuggets again, it would be the 8-piece throughout an afternoon with lemonade.

Anyway, I can't go back to regular ice cream. I grabbed a Talenti's gelato the other day it has spoiled me. :) There goes my chance of trying out Cold Stone, lol.

Hate McDonalds nuggets. Never did like them. They look weird and taste like a vastly inferior chicken nugget; they are also battered so much there's hardly any meat. I would even eat a Banquet brand nugget over them.

Anyone had fast food outside the U.S. that you can't find here? There's a couple places I frequent when I go to Japan.

Mos Burger. If you watch anime you've probably seen this establishment or a mock version of it. It's pretty much Japan's McDonalds. The burgers are good, but tiny. I think they've opened up in other countries but I'm not sure about America. They usually put this teriyaki chili sauce on their burgers, with mayo instead of ketchup and mustard.

2556dtk.jpg

Yoshinoya is nice. It's pretty much a rice bowl place with meat on the top. I always get beef. Cheap and fills you up

2yo4v48.jpg

And place called Origin Bento. This was my wife's first job actually. It's a make your own meal joint. Last time I was there they had fried oysters and they were awesome. It's usually rice, a protein and veggies.

2zhqkgh.jpg

2urtph3.jpg

I'll mention CoCo Ichibanya, its a nice curry chain with lots of options. :D  You can find restaurants of it and Yoshinoya in California. 

Beef bowls, I like Matsuya or Sukiya. I don't think they have expanded to the states though. Anyway, the portions are really generous from both chains. 

bread's done
Back