CAG Fast Food/Restaurant Foodies Thread

So I got an email from Burger King saying there's a new spicy chicken sandwitch with more spice than before

gonna try it out I have the buy 1 get one free BK coupon

I'd love a curry chain. There's a plane in a mall here called Bombay Express (Sort of like Panda Express, but with Indian Food).  They even had Vindaloo! Unfortunately it's an out of the way mall about 45 minutes away. Any time we make a trip in that direction I beg the wife to stop there.

So Sonic opened down here in South Florida and I decided to go there in the morning where it wasn't as busy. Picked up a sausage burrito, sausage bagel, and a chocolate milkshake.

The burrito was excellent. No crunchy onions (or anything for that matter) and was perfectly made with sausage, egg, and cheese. Way better (and bigger) than the one I would get at Dunkin Doughnuts.

Bagel was way too messy. I prefer the one from Chick Fill A.

The chocolate shake ... was okay. I was expecting something a little more thick like the Steak n Shake ones are. I think the Chick Fill A and Burger King shakes are better as well.  I would try them again since there are so many favors to choose from.

The menu led me to believe breakfast was open all day but not the burger and chicken menu. The drive thru person confirmed it for me but I might go for breakfast again anyway. Chicken tender burger is next to try (along with the fudge shake someone in this thread mentioned previously)

Rodimus, if you want to check it out it's on Commercial Blvd. near University Drive in the plaza where the Super Target and Chick Fill A are located.

It's a little far for me since I'm in Hollywood. Sometimes I head that way when I go to Tate's Comics. But thanks for the heads up. I really want one a little closer.

Voodoo doughnuts just recently opened in Denver here. Maple bacon bar was good when it is fresh. The place has really bad management and service though. I think they purposely create a line to get hype. No way should you have one register open out of the three that is available when there is a line out of the door.

Voodoo doughnuts just recently opened in Denver here. Maple bacon bar was good when it is fresh. The place has really bad management and service though. I think they purposely create a line to get hype. No way should you have one register open out of the three that is available when there is a line out of the door.
Yep been to the original in Portland. Decent Donuts. I wonder why this choose to open one in Denver

There's a few places I go to when I make the trek to Tate's. Of course Joe's Crab shack is in the same plaze. One steampot is enough for me and the wife while a 30 oz beer always hits the spot. There's also a great Dim Sum place called Toa Toa thats close by that we've been going to for years. They have awesome congee (rice porridge soup) and all kinds of dumplings and steamed buns. The owner is really nice too, but but since we've been going for years I guess she got to know us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need some help. I need a bread crumb coating for chicken/pork. I used to use Bakin Miracle, which was awesome, but the only chain thay carries it closed all the nearby stores and are at least a half hour away. Tried some local brands or Shake and Bake, but they are nowhere near as good. Need one that works better at baking than frying

Need some help. I need a bread crumb coating for chicken/pork. I used to use Bakin Miracle, which was awesome, but the only chain thay carries it closed all the nearby stores and are at least a half hour away. Tried some local brands or Shake and Bake, but they are nowhere near as good. Need one that works better at baking than frying
Have you tried panko yet?

Captain Crunch cereal is an amazing substitute for bread crumb coating. I know it sounds weird but bear with me. Pound the Cap n' Crunch down and add some garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper in the same mix. Dip your protein in an egg and milk wash then coat it in the Cap n' Crunch mix. Fry it our bake it. The sweetness of the cereal works well with the salt of the powders.

Went to Sonic again to try their burger and their fudge milkshake. Also bought that sausage burrito again. I'd eat that over Taco Bell anyday now.

The burger was okay. It's better than a Mcdonald's burger but not as good as a BK or Wendy's burger. The size made it look like a quarter pounder but the meat was thinner than I expected.

The fudge milkshake: LOVE IT. An hour later and I'm still trying to finish the medium I ordered. Much better than the chocolate one.  

I'm so pissed right now, those motherfuckers at Burger King charged me $3.99 for a spicy chicken sandwich when it was advertised $2.50. It wasn't even spicy! Tasted just like the regular chicken sandwich. I am going to that BK and CUSS THOSE BASTARDS OUT THEY CHEATED ME

Gotcha. BK must burn. You didn't have it your way.

Went to Red Robbin the other day and had the Smoke & Pepper burger. It's on a cibatta bun with bacon & chedder. It was freaking awesome.

wujvdh.jpg

Ate at Chili's yesterday. Love their Texas Cheese Fries. Their Smokehouse Burger was actually pretty good too. Onion straws/petals > onion rings.

I also love their little touch screen video players. Makes paying the check much easier.

Ate at Chili's yesterday. Love their Texas Cheese Fries. Their Smokehouse Burger was actually pretty good too. Onion straws/petals > onion rings.

I also love their little touch screen video players. Makes paying the check much easier.
they have that in your chili's ....i'm still paying cash at the register.

Chili's nachos in the appetizer menu are probably some of the best nachos I've had in quite awhile. They're plenty enough for a meal.

In my opinion, the best appetizer from a chain restaurant is either Outback's cheese fries
Even though they're incredibly unhealthy for you, Outback's cheese fries are indeed delicious. And then of course there's the ranch they give you to smother them in. Needless to say, it always gets ordered when I go to Outback, and it always gets eaten.

So I got an email from Burger King saying there's a new spicy chicken sandwitch with more spice than before
I tried it the other day and it wasn't spicy at all :???: . Maybe a tiny hint of spice, but might as well just get a regular.

That Bacon Insider burger at Jack in the Box is really underwhelming. It was dry, small, and thin. I couldn't tell there was bacon in there. Nor did the tiny dab of bacon mayo add any flavor.

I tried the Firehouse meatball sub (sweet n' spicy) the other day. I enjoyed it, but the spiciness totally overpowered everything else after the second bite. :)

Mmm Firehouse meatball is my favorite meatball sub of all time!  Its soo good.

I just remembered another fave...Jason's Deli  Chicago Club Sandwich EVERYTIME! SOoo good.  Its that aioli dressing...and bacon.  ;)

l.jpg

I'm so pissed right now, those motherfuckers at Burger King charged me $3.99 for a spicy chicken sandwich when it was advertised $2.50. It wasn't even spicy! Tasted just like the regular chicken sandwich. I am going to that BK and CUSS THOSE BASTARDS OUT THEY CHEATED ME
I'm almost pretty sure every commercial says "at participating locations only." I guess it's pretty obvious this wasn't the case at the establishment you visited.

I tried the Firehouse meatball sub (sweet n' spicy) the other day. I enjoyed it, but the spiciness totally overpowered everything else after the second bite. :)
Holy hell I tried that like a year or two ago. Couldn't finish it because it was extremely spicy... I think the guy behind the counter was being an asshole when he made it because that was just way too hot. Give the other half to my wife and warn her about it . She takes off the cheese layer and it's fine with her......... god damn it.

I like FH Subs over Subway/Quiznos. Quiznos just tastes like it's been sitting in it's own liquid for hours.

Hey anyone have a sub place near your work that everyone raves about and when you try it out it tastes bland and just like a home made sandwhich only it cost you 5 bucks?

You guys thought that sub was too spicy? It's the perfect amount of spice. Not overpowering but enough heat to enjoy it. But then again I am a man and not some little puss. Yeah I said it, come at me.

You guys thought that sub was too spicy? It's the perfect amount of spice. Not overpowering but enough heat to enjoy it. But then again I am a man and not some little puss. Yeah I said it, come at me.
Seriously this guy like over spiced it. No way that should taking me down after the second bite.

I'm just playin'. I eat a lot of spicy food so I have a pretty high tolerance. My wife makes a lot of Japanese sticky rice and I always have it with kim chi. I looove kim chi.

You guys thought that sub was too spicy? It's the perfect amount of spice. Not overpowering but enough heat to enjoy it.

I never said it was too spicy. I stated the spiciness overpowered the other flavors. I rather eat a serrano pepper and get the same treatment with better heat. At least then I can add lime and salt for a good small snack. ;)

Went to Five Guys yesterday and they replaced the Coke machines with this new touch screen one. I rather like it since you get, like, every Coke flavor ever. Vanilla Barq's was pretty good.

Doing the Reaper challenge at work tomorrow.  Bought a bottle of CaJohns Reaper Sling Blade hot sauce for burrito day in the cafeteria.  Contents per the label: Carolina Reaper pepper, Bhut Jolokia pepper, apple cider vinegar, distilled vinegar, tomato paste, lemon juice, onion, garlic, spices.

The only challenge is for my co-workers to try it since I can't get anyone to commit to eating it.

I've never had the stuff so I have no Idea what I'm getting myself into.  From what I've read it's not the hottest sauce but it has a good flavor. 

Since there isn't any ghost chilies in the ingredients you should be ok.

EDIT: oops. Actually the ghost pepper is Bhut Jolokia. Your mouth is fucked brother.

Went to Five Guys yesterday and they replaced the Coke machines with this new touch screen one. I rather like it since you get, like, every Coke flavor ever. Vanilla Barq's was pretty good.
I kind of hate those things...anyone over the age of 50 and under the age of 10 takes FOREVER to figure it out..

I want to sit in front of one for 10 minutes just trying all the drinks and combinations. Lately my fountain soda of choice has been lemonade with a little Sprite.

If I ever encountered one of those machines I'd probably be paralyzed for 10 minutes with indecision. Then I'd regret and second guess my choice the rest of the evening.

I've never had the stuff so I have no Idea what I'm getting myself into. From what I've read it's not the hottest sauce but it has a good flavor.
The sauce is really good. They should really add a bigger bottle because it really doesn't last long. If anyone is having it by themselves then prepare for a good mouth and throat burn. With food, its a bit more fine. Just be glad your not tasting the extract, now there's your heat.

The lunch group wanted to get out of the building and the only one that wanted to try it had to stay an extra day at another location. Had to postpone the cracking of the seal. I'm getting rather anxious to try this stuff but I want others to join in the suffering.

The sauce is really good. They should really add a bigger bottle because it really doesn't long. If anyone is having it by themselves then prepare for a good mouth and throat burn. With food, its a bit more fine. Just be glad your not tasting the extract, now there's your heat.
I heard of this extract the other day called "Devils' Shit".....

Need grocery help again. I normally use Sugar Twin sugar substitute to make iced tea with, but apparently nobody makes it anymore and not even Amazon has it. Anybody know where to get the granulated boxes at or can suggest a product that is similar?

Tried firehouse for the first time myself recently. The guy at the counter played down the spice level but I found the s'n's meatball to be a bit more than expected. But it was definitely good, maybe without the red pepper flakes next time?

bread's done
Back